Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2007 11:11 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Discuss! I can't get enough of it for some reason.
DO WANT
Sep 4, 2007 11:28 AM

Jun 2007
well that was best ep til, story is picking up finally, although some moments such as the father/daughter scene i dont want to comment at all
IMO Shigurui is brutal Doujin :S only for 18+
Oct 3, 2007 3:35 PM

Aug 2007
Brutal indeed. that was an awesome move with the ''flow'' grip. I'm a little confused at the end. Who was the lady with the mole?
Lab-Member-000Oct 3, 2007 3:51 PM
Oct 4, 2007 4:13 AM

Aug 2007
ashura said:
although some moments such as the father/daughter scene i dont want to comment at all

WTF was up with that! my facial expression throughout was D: ...disturbing. I was waiting for anime empire sub of episode 4 but i can't be bothered to wait so i'm currently downloading dark ices' version.

Jul 2, 2008 11:41 AM

Jan 2008
Yes, well, that is one way to check if your daughter's still a virgin or not once you've temporarily regained your sanity. (oO)

Awesome fight scene, great technique.

Confused who was having sex at the end, the daughter? Because the two guy's drew?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 2, 2008 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
^ Kogan and his wife, Iku.
Jul 2, 2008 12:23 PM

Jan 2008
new_user said:
^ Kogan and his wife, Iku.

Yep, thought so. But fate kept me from editing my post.

Cruel Japanese samurai era fate!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 2, 2008 6:52 PM

Apr 2008
That old guy scares the shit out of me. Because I can never remember his name he is now Onijiji (demon old man).
PlateSep 2, 2008 6:57 PM
Nov 24, 2008 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
The old dude is badass and out of touch. But who am I to question the way he runs his house and dojo.
Dec 21, 2009 12:01 PM

Feb 2008
I love fucked up anime.
Sep 4, 2010 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
Hrm, odd that Irako is a rapist paedophile and supposed to be this big monster yet he couldn't stomach killing someone. Edit: nvm, just watched ep4 and they insinuate he threw up because he was "scared" of the power of the "flow" technique, not because he killed someone.

Don't wanna comment on the almost-rape/incest going on, either. That old man is fucking WEIRD.

Really interested in knowing how Irako became lame+blind and Fujiki lost his arm! I wonder if it was during the duel they're supposed to have or for some other reason? :3
yamakasiSep 4, 2010 11:42 PM
Oct 28, 2010 8:53 AM
Jun 2008
This episode was quite good, plot wise, but still completely f***ed up. I think I'm getting into the flow of it now.
Feb 5, 2011 2:13 PM
Nov 2010
Best episode so far, love the "flow" technique that was used.
Jun 4, 2011 5:17 PM

Aug 2010
Too much sex! Think of something else you perverted freaks! Those girls are TOO young!
Jul 16, 2011 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
No one seemed to have noticed the gay servant sex with the brothers in this ep...

Anyway, I totally thought that that girl Irako had sex with was Mei until after watching ep 8, deciding to read comments here, and realizing it wasn't her. o.O
Feb 10, 2012 2:08 AM

Jul 2008
and no one comments on how the guy's mouth was slashed open wider?

That was BRUTAL.
Feb 20, 2012 3:18 PM

Dec 2009
I thought Irako went pedo on Mei and raped her in that flower mill or whatever. But then her dad checks her and she still seems a virgin which pleases him so he knows the child will be most definitely either fujiki or irako? Can someone clear this up? Thanks.
Mar 16, 2012 6:39 PM

Jan 2012
^Mei was never touched

Irako just went and hit on some random gal working in the field, not Mei. I don't think it was rape either. The girl seemed to be willing the way I wee it.

Peasant class girls seem to be giving up their body to samurai left-and-right based on the scene where Irako walks through town while all the girls around him were getting turned on by his presence. Hopefully, someone with Japanese history knowledge will chime in.

Mei's dad came to his sense after realizing that it's his daughter and not his wife using his own method by comparing boob size, tightness, hairiness, etc. (total guess).

As for why no one mention about gay sex scene.... some things are just better left unsaid ;o
Apr 8, 2012 10:33 PM

Dec 2009
Ah okay this makes sense now thanks for responding!
Aug 2, 2013 4:01 AM

Aug 2012
Kogan's mind cleared when he realised that Mie is ready to bear a child...

Poor Gonza. Animated that scene is even more disturbing.
Dec 6, 2013 6:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This series is artistically breathtaking, but scary as well. It's one violent world these characters inhabit.

I think Fujiki and Irako are going to find some breathtaking ways to hurt each other before the end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 17, 2014 9:43 AM

May 2012
Pretty dark episode but man I sure liking how this is developing! Good that this is uncensored, would be almost entirely black if it wasn't...
Jan 27, 2015 3:35 PM
Jul 2014
Want more, more, more!!!
May 3, 2015 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
Drybananna said:
I love fucked up anime.
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Jun 29, 2015 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
Fujiki and Irako seem to be forming an interesting relationship at the end there
That blood flowed like Niagara Falls from the brother.
I wonder how they will end up as they were at the beginning, which seems to actually be the end.
Nov 22, 2015 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
The blood won't stop coming out,nagare what a furious technique .

Dec 6, 2015 2:19 PM

May 2014
What a brutal episode. Kamaitachi, according to Wikipedia, is a supernatural creature with extremely sharp nails. They are most commonly associated with wind. Interesting.

I can't wait to see more.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Jan 2, 2016 4:43 AM

Jan 2013
He tried to fuck his daughter before coming to his senses, what a sick fuck. His saliva dripping is disturbing and disgusting as well.
Jun 20, 2016 11:25 PM

Sep 2015
So no one is going to talk about the ugly simultaneous faces that the twins were making while those servants were getting rekt. The servants had bruised bodies! Blood!

Meanwhile the ending scene was great. Nothing like a plate of fresh meat.
Dec 14, 2016 5:55 PM

Apr 2014
This is getting a bit rapey.

Good show, though. So I'll continue.
Mar 8, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2016
If all I had ta do was brush a random girl's hand to get laid, that would be very convenient *-* JustSamuraiThings

Not sure if weirdo oni-ojii was checking if his daughter is well-proportioned enough ta bear a child from the beginning or tried to get frisky with her like the sex machine he is.

Poor Gonzaemon made a poor choice of words and got another mouth extension. Ouch...

Dude had his jaw chopped off lol. His sons are freaks just like most of the people in this show. Climaxing simultaneously is one thing but the revelation that they were happily blood-buttfucking dudes was hilariously a wtf moment xD

That's one brutal technique. Forehead Stab;Gushing Mountain! Sickle Weasels are gonna peel yer face from your dead body and deliver it to a place where moans are heard all over.

Mar 15, 2017 4:52 PM

Feb 2010
flaxman85 said:

Mei's dad came to his sense after realizing that it's his daughter and not his wife using his own method by comparing boob size, tightness, hairiness, etc. (total guess).

No, he actually was sane. Was checking Mei's body if she was ready to bear a child, however unconventional that was..

Sep 2, 2017 1:32 PM
May 2012
MondayBlues said:
flaxman85 said:

No, he actually was sane. Was checking Mei's body if she was ready to bear a child, however unconventional that was..

exactly. how hard it is to notice that.
Sep 10, 2017 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
so that really was ghei, honestly i had a feeling when i saw that they had straight chests (the servants) but i didn't really expect it so i just assumed. that's just sad. as well as gonza's mouth getting cut. honestly can't get used to the "scenes", blood and gore i guess i can deal with more but this... it horrifies me.
i like both irako and fujiki a lot, whoever gets to succeed will make me happy.
Mar 30, 2018 4:30 PM
Jun 2013
im sorry but the sex scene had me cracking up mainly cause they went a bit to hard with the symbolism with the pounding thing. I also guess that was the build up to the singing girl. Seems odd to have a leader is only able minded for a short amount of time and does a very very messed up virgin test on his daughter. Not only that hes even more crazy when his able minded. Dude gives no shit about his daughter just what sperm goes in her. Ok im confused with the dude banging mainly cause they were bleeding from their front. I would get anal bleeding but why the front? Did they make them cut their dicks off or something. That head attack looked vicious would've like to see everything play out though and by god they took the faces. Though they would take the heads. Its clear irako is still scheming though we wont see the turn till near end im guessing. Also its not just this show but others iv seen but whats with the whole sitting next to the door of the master while hes banging someone. Man people back then were creeps.
Apr 13, 2018 12:15 PM
Dec 2014
Man I love the heavy and oppressive atmosphere of this show, but watch in moderation. Needed to take a walk and take in some fresh air after 3 eps. Very obscure and criminally low ranked show but thats MAL for you. Should at least be in the top 500.
Apr 13, 2018 12:26 PM
Dec 2014
flaxman85 said:
^Mei was never touched

Irako just went and hit on some random gal working in the field, not Mei. I don't think it was rape either. The girl seemed to be willing the way I wee it.

Peasant class girls seem to be giving up their body to samurai left-and-right based on the scene where Irako walks through town while all the girls around him were getting turned on by his presence. Hopefully, someone with Japanese history knowledge will chime in.

As for why no one mention about gay sex scene.... some things are just better left unsaid ;o

Samurai can do what they want with peasants, unless it affects the domain of a lord. You can rape a few girls but you can't burn down a village.
May 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
Once he ragained his sanity Iwamoto can be pretty badass and cruel.

Very good and bloody episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2020 2:16 AM

Oct 2019
im sorry but i still have no idea what is happening lmao.
May 6, 2020 8:31 AM
Feb 2016
This episode was so much better than the previous two. Seems like Fujiki and Irako passed the test by defeating the famous twin brothers from the rival dojo. That technique is really brutal and swift at the same time.

No wonder the big guy has such fucked up teeth when his master cuts his mouth open after he awakens from his slumber. Irako is really a ladiesman,he won't have much trouble wooing the daughter of the head even if he fails the final test.

I didn't really expect the gay scene with the two twin brothers pounding those guys almost to death. This show really doesn't hold back on the gore and sex.
Aug 2, 2020 1:12 AM
May 2019
Jesus dude.. I thought this was gonna be a serious samurai battle anime..
Madhouse knows how to make fucked up things perfectly.. Great show to be honest.
Feb 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Jun 2020
I love everything about this anime. I can't get enough of the brutality, I think the animation quality is great. I love how everything is so serene, yet bloody. I hope it gets bloodier... I have hope.

so.. much.. hope..
Mar 11, 2021 4:12 PM

Jul 2013
Brutal is an accurate word to describe this show.

The father/daughter scene uhhh I wasn't expecting that. At first, was confused then I got that he was checking if his daughter had developed to childbearing stage/ability...

I don't know which was worse: the guy getting his teeth and mouth sliced up or the samurai twins being killed and all that remained were their faces D:
Jul 2, 2021 11:04 AM
Jul 2021
Did homie penetrate Mie?? And if so why ?? And surely he didn't bust in her that fast right?? Context please. And did the twins rape those dudes before being clapped in those woods , were them boys gay or wassup??
Jul 2, 2021 11:24 AM
Jul 2021
Ok re read ALOT and think I get it but did he have to drool and use his dick? Not MUCH better but fingers maybe? Nah homie went straight in raw dawg
Ps.
The face Mie made when she got the dick lmao :0 !!!
Aug 22, 2021 11:36 PM

Jan 2021
Those servants (or slaves?) get bruised and bleeding during sex, my god. Also I though Fujiki and Irako would behead the twins.. but what he did was much more brutal.

Jul 2, 2023 10:46 AM
May 2017
Even though the animation direction is a bit weird I still enjoyed the fight.
Jul 14, 2023 3:29 AM
Sep 2022

I have loved samurai theme so much and in this case, with historical themes, AFRO SAMURAI is the best with presentation and plot, then DORORO, SWORD OF THE STRANGER, . RURONI KENSHIN holds a clear storytelling, parallel with all other variables and politics.
In the samurai era oh Japan, BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL is the best as historical samurai anime that presents the actual scenario, with a little bit comedy another gem is SAMURAI CHAMPLOO. But this particular anime presentation lacks in proper presentation of action and excessively full of sketchy, mythical that makes to loose the order of the sequences. This could be also a great historical anime with intense , broad visual, color palette could be a more diverse.
But shows the intense men's life and honor lying on their blade, during those early age of shogun period. It was their life and death. Women had no participation in the society except just bearing child.

Mar 11, 6:54 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to flaxman85
^Mei was never touched

@flaxman85 He already knew it was his daughter. They say He comes to his senses during the fall and runs the dojo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 30, 2008

137 by yveltalkyogre »»
Aug 29, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Dec 3, 2007

52 by xoxondudi »»
Mar 11, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_edge_ - Oct 25, 2007

56 by JustBlve »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MistaNight - Jul 15, 2007

69 by JustBlve »»
Oct 7, 2023 5:58 PM

Poll: » Shigurui Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 30, 2008

23 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 5, 2023 7:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.