Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
What's up with that gorilla head..? I swear, this anime just throws in random moments like that out of nowhere.

Riho also getting more screen time with Hayato again. Perhaps this season, they wanted the audience to get more invested into her character. Also got to see more of her mother and the illness she had to overcome. One of the more serious episodes that has some importance from Riho's family side.
Aug 29, 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
Riho episode! 2nd best girl gets some shine. This was kind of an emotional roller coaster, finding out about Riho’s mom and dad’s backstory and how nasty her mom was to her was gut wrenching.

For a show that’s ecchi as hell at times, I think the author is pretty good at these emotional moments that really get you on the verge of tears. He knows how to make a connection between the viewer and the characters which is so cool.

I just wanted to give Riho and her dad both big hugs because imagine being told you couldn’t see your daughter until she’s 20 wtf, that can’t be legal 😭. Missing her graduation and other pivotal moments.. and the whole time she hates you thinking you abandoned her

I wanted to hate Riho’s mom so much because of all the nasty shit she put her through, but at the same time you have to recognise she’s clearly a deeply broken and wounded woman herself. That doesn’t make the way she treated Riho right, but life isn’t black and white. Somewhere along the way she lost her way and started taking her insecurities out on her daughter. Getting jealous of your own child instead of taking pride in their accomplishments is sadly something that happens a lot irl. Nasty stuff.

I did get a lil uncomfortable watching Riho cook her mom like that on her proverbial deathbed, like even tho she was a horrible mom.. it’s still your mom. But then I realised that was just them expressing their feelings to one another as actresses lol. Interesting scene that just shows how everyone’s family is different but they all care for each other. And cute Hayato Riho moment at the end!
Marinate1016Aug 29, 11:31 AM
Aug 29, 11:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that the role in question was that of a body though lol. But wow that sure was a unique memory they created of the girls first meeting with Riho's father. In the end i guess Riho's mom wanted to use Riho to experience the dream of stardom that she never could. Man her mom really was a piece of work. But in the end Riho at least was able to show how much she had grown by parting with her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 11:35 AM

Mar 2021
Riho is such a brilliant girl who has grown into such a kind and caring women no thanks to her nasty so called "mother". I know we should be sorry for her mother but I find it hard to when we see how nasty and abusive she was to Riho.
Aug 29, 11:41 AM

Jul 2024
How profound and prophetic was Ami with "I thought this would turn out a lot nicer."?
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Aug 29, 12:07 PM

Jan 2023
A fantastic and very touching episode for Riho.
It had decent comedy, good drama and a very sweet ending.
I think it is one of my favorite episodes in the entire series actually.

My favorite moments probably being that 'gorilla' giving (good) advice haha, and Riho's joy at the end of the episode.
Next week looks very fun!
Aug 29, 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
Not a fan of the dad slapping Riho. Even if she was acting, she deserved getting everything out she wanted against her trash mom. Riho still the top girl for me.
Aug 29, 1:04 PM

Apr 2021
It was hilarious the part they had for her, he said "It would be perfect for her" 🤣

With the other girls, they had the boss step in, interesting that they didn't do that this time.

Although, I kind of understood, she had a plan in mind and didn't want him interfering with her acting.

On the other hand, the father was obviously not in on the plan 😅
She acted so realistically he finally just slapped her.

But the mother caught on and even rated her performance, choosing to accept the treatment after all.

That is not a bad ending.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 29, 1:43 PM

Jun 2017
the mom had it coming .Love Riho gave her a piece of her mind.The hubby looks like a wet noodle who enabled this sort of behaviour.Anyway all's well that ends well ig
Aug 29, 2:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The way Riho lashed at her mom with her acting was spot on as the mother deserved every ounce of negativity with the way she treated her. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire when you are dealing with toxic family members.
Aug 29, 3:14 PM

Nov 2021
Each of the girls got such good backstories this season, I've grown to love the cast so much. I didn't feel like we got much resolution out of the meeting with Riho's mom, especially after what she did, but I guess it's more about Riho's personal growth.
Aug 29, 3:43 PM

Jan 2024
My girl Riho had awaful awful past😔

The story of Riho very similar to Arima Kana. Both best girls had the worst mother. Feel sorry for Riho's dad, imagine not able to see your daughter before 20. Riho's mother then had the audacity to tell she wished she didn't take her. She treated her poorly, was jealous of her and then throw her out when she wasn't popular anymore. That just evil.
If she really didn't bothered even seeing her that would be fine but thanks to wisdom of Gorila she did go.
I know it was acting but seeing Riho lash out at her mother was very satisfying. Every word was justified, bitch deserved it for every toxicity little Riho was made to suffer.
It's a shame that Riho's grandmother is not alive anymore. As Riho said she would have praised her more.
Atleast Riho's insult did encourage to make her mother take treatment. She did way too much also didn't deserved to get slapped.
Riho as always most capable and able solve her own problems without the help of Hayato. The Riho family drama was very well done. This show switches from comedy to serious moments very well.

Kinda short on romance,still..

Hayato you idiot thats it that's the best girl take it.
Sweet way to end, Riho episodes always are best more please.
Aug 29, 4:50 PM

May 2019
It took me a minute to realize that the nasty things Riho said to her mother was "acting" but I don't blame Riho for what she said given the nasty things her mother said and did to her including not allowing her father into her life until she was 20. But in the end I guess they worked it out as her mother will be getting the treatment.
Aug 29, 5:57 PM
Mar 2015
She was able to get across to her mom with her acting
Aug 29, 6:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Big Riho episode this time, and it was a great one, I love when the show is being goofy fun but I also enjoy when it gets kinda real like this episode did, but of course there was still fun to be had like Ami suplexing Riho’s dad when Ouka freaked out, her imagination of him opening his coat was hilarious too lol. And the reunion of Riho and her dad was pretty sweet, it seemed like he could have been a bad dude at several points but he debunked all the accusations, I’m glad the man was able to be in Riho’s life again after all this time, as well as Riho getting to see her dad again. But the unfortunate part tho, is that it was revealed that Riho’s mom has cancer and is refusing treatment, and based on the flashbacks we saw I can’t blame Riho for not wanting to see her, but thanks to Ami- I mean that gorilla, she eventually went, would be cool if we all had an emotional support gorilla like that lol.

And damn that scene between Riho and her mom was quite wild, I realized she was acting early on which was apparently so good that Riho’s dad thought it was real and gave her a dramatic slap lol, but damn those were some savage things she said, but really it was deserved at the same time. However, it seems that managed to work things out between them and Riho’s mom is getting the treatment after all, it’s sad that Riho’s grandma already passed but she was very much relevant for this situation too, would’ve been cool to meet and acting grandma like her. And lastly, Riho got her romantic moment with Hayato at the end there, a very sweet way to end the episode, and looks like next time we might be returning to full blown wackiness so that oughta be fun.
Aug 29, 7:13 PM
Jul 2024
The Gorilla head? That's just Ami being Ami lol.
Aug 29, 7:14 PM
Jul 2024
Someone asked about the gorilla head? That is just Ami, being Ami of course.
Aug 29, 7:15 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to landofthekwt
She was able to get across to her mom with her acting
@landofthekwt And say what needed saying as well. Her Mother was an uncaring, lazy BITCH for years.
Aug 29, 8:28 PM

Jul 2017
Being scouted for a TV role in a detective show to earn Hayato's affection...only to perform as a corpse, I swear Riho sure is unlucky.

Another dubious figure comes around to Familia, though not from Akane's Hououji household, Ouka becomes suspicious that he's a flasher, only to have Ami perform a Geman Suplex on him, welp lols. It's only with the reveal of the picture that he's finally known as Riho's father, revealing the history of the estranged family and a stranglehold of their daughter from Familia to the point of divorce, only to be reunited when she turns 20 with the perchance of the media coverage to see her just fine. And being part of the broken family to find Hayato's grandmother to seek solace in Familia, it's clear that her mother Ruri never intended her to succeed the way it is, that eventually spiraled down into the rabbit hole that is Ruri having terminal cancer with only 3 months to live, and refusing to seek treatment.

Even to Riho, she doesn't seem wanted to see her mother, until Ami came in with her pep talk...plus the gorilla head for no reason but to help allay her fears. And Familia being another close-knit family, sees both Riho and Hayato going to see her mother who's still in a state of denial seeing their only child succeed amidst insecurity to slay all of the insult towards her, even if it earns her father's flack towards the end. Whether it's acting or not, Riho definitely had her acting skills for her, as had each girl in their unique family circumstances, though hers is one where form her grandmother of Yuriko Anekawa spurs roots on the family's generational acting role.

Riho definitely has it tough for her, but being part of Familia is the happy family she could ever seek.
Aug 29, 8:53 PM

Jul 2022
The role given to Riho and her performance were Oscar-worthy I’ve never seen a more still corpse!

Honestly, Riho told that excuse of a woman who is her mother some hard truths, and even though it was all part of the act, I don't doubt that some of what she said was sincere. To think she wouldn’t go to see her, but thanks to a gorilla, we got to witness the confrontation Riho had with her mother. However, Riho isn’t like her mother; she decided to continue with her life, and maybe the cancer treatment will save her mother, but I doubt Riho will seek comfort in her.

Riho is definitely one of the best girls and in my top 2.
Aug 29, 11:20 PM

Oct 2020
Something I realized that this episode perfectly displays is how the mangaka has this uncanny ability to have both a very serious tone balanced with a humorous, light tone. It helps too that the anime’s production crew also seems to adapt well to this because somehow, some-f**king-how, they made an episode about a intense, almost irredeemable Mother and Daughter relationship, and sold me on them reaching an understanding without the tone leaning too heavily one way or the other.

It’s a stroke of genius. Or at least it is to me.
Aug 30, 12:28 PM

Aug 2022
Another good episode which brings some individuality to a Riho instead of blending them into the harem troupe
Aug 30, 3:44 PM

Jun 2021
mr. director, you're lucky it was Riho and not Ami. Ami, it's great you're a martial artist but just avoid jumping to conclusions that fast and don't use such silly masks to give such important messages. (Riho looked like Nico Yazawa in that picture, even if like already stated for Akane i'm glad she began dying her hair blond)

Poor Riho, however, stuck in a nasty divorce situation and now it got from bad to worse. Agree with the previous posts, even i was able to notice soon she was acting no matter how harsh the words were. i was almost thinking of a time skip with her mother passing away already. After some research, i couldn't understand... is Riho's grandmother alive or not?

Aug 30, 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
The acting gig she finally got was just based off of Riho's situation oh dear
It's not that kind of show Ami! When Ami came in wearing a gorilla mask, thought she was gonna act like King Kong. Wild imagination.
Each girl rekindles their relationships with their family differently, and for Riho, it's with the profession her paternal grandmother, her mother and herself were all in; acting.

Fortress_MaximusAug 31, 2:48 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 30, 10:04 PM
Mar 2021
Givinig the background history on the girls is nice.....
Aug 30, 11:48 PM
Dec 2022
It's Riho turn this time. Her dad comes to see her but not before getting misunderstood and pounded in the Familia cafe. Her mom has got terminal cancer and her dad wants her to see her. Perhaps also to convince her to seek treatment. It all ends well when she decided to do so.
Aug 31, 10:36 AM
Nov 2022
For a moment I thought that what Riho said was serious xd
Sep 1, 10:42 AM
Apr 2023
Great episode.... but can't sympathise with the mother.... she is just a nasty person. Riho should forgive and forget..... she doesn't need her approval..
Sep 1, 11:01 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to LuisSV23
For a moment I thought that what Riho said was serious xd
@LuisSV23 Her mother deserved some of it, tbh.
Sep 2, 6:07 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to remetallized
@LuisSV23 Her mother deserved some of it, tbh.
@remetallized Yeah, ur right 👍
Sep 4, 5:59 PM

Dec 2021
Like that this season they're taking a more serious approach and actually delving into the characters this time around.

Riho best girl, so you know this episode was fire.

Sep 4, 6:20 PM

Jul 2014
Riho's seiyuu did a very good job on this episode, I'm really impressed. You could clearly see the feelings in this
Sep 5, 3:39 PM

Oct 2017
Riho's episode this time and her family matters are complicated like the others and her mother is not the best one out there but she's real pretty though. Also that really was the perfect role for Riho lol.
Sep 7, 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
Was an alright backstory I guess? I mean nothing we haven't seen before.
Sep 19, 6:59 AM

May 2020
I remember how this whole stuff about an "abusive" mother, out of nowhere, felt dumb while reading. Feelings didn't change even after watching the same thing.

Good for Riho, I guess though.
Sep 29, 10:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well Riho's familial situation is definitely difficult but at least she could see her father again and realize that he didn't abandon her... her mother did so many bad things but she's dying though, so will not blame her yet, at least she'll follow the treatment now.
Oct 4, 11:38 PM

Jul 2023
Riho episode! Best acting from best girl.
Oct 9, 3:46 AM

Jul 2021
Riho's mom... I can fix her.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

77 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 14, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12

48 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18

43 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

60 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 8, 4:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.