Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Hearing Kitakata talk about his master and this episode had a slow paced feel.

Thankfully, Ryuu's talents are on display with his bartender skills. Never doubt this man when it comes to talent. Curious if both of them will get more highlights in future episodes.
May 29, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
Ryuu, accompanied by Miwa, visited a bar in Kabukicho. The bar they mistakenly entered happened to be North Wind, run by their former senior disciple, Kitakata.

Kitakata informs them that he knows the current whereabouts of their mentor, Kase Gorou.

May 29, 9:41 AM
Jul 2023
The tone of this episode is more solemn and serious, fitting then it end with a shocking revelation.
May 29, 10:13 AM

Mar 2021
This was much more serious episode with us learning more about Sasakura's past and I really wasn't expecting that revelation at the end.
May 29, 10:28 AM

Aug 2019
I don’t understand why they don’t get the message that Sasakura doesn’t want to be a bartender at the hotel like he has already refused a couple of times. Just let the man be.
May 29, 10:30 AM
Apr 2024
Great episode, the best so far, discovering Ryu's relationship with his old teacher and sensei was beautiful to see and seeing that each one has a unique vision of being a bartender was incredible and that hook at the end of why he doesn't leave Eden It's incredible and now this final stretch will be beautiful to watch, so we can see him forgive himself for the mistake he may or may not have made, what an incredible anime to watch, top 3 of this season
May 29, 11:18 AM
May 2016
BRAZIL MENTIONED!!!
Also, try capirinha, it is delicious fr
May 29, 11:28 AM
Jul 2019
It's amazing to see a caipirinha being prepared in the series. It's my favorite drink. Of the two ways it was prepared, and there are other ways, such as adding mint leaves, the stronger one is my favorite without a doubt. It was even exciting! I loved!
May 29, 12:42 PM

Apr 2022
bloody mary in a martini glass, god has abandoned us
May 29, 12:51 PM

Sep 2016
Clamato product placement XD.
May 29, 1:45 PM

Jul 2022
Great episode. Sasakura was able to see his teacher again, although not in the best conditions. The job of bartending is quite daunting, as your skill allows you to relieve your customers, but no one relieves you. This was the case with Sasakura, who convinced himself that he had caused the death of a client.
May 29, 2:47 PM

Mar 2019
Cachaça carai!!
May 29, 5:03 PM
Apr 2022
Jonas-K said:
Cachaça carai!!

um brasileiro aqui kkkkkkk
May 29, 5:04 PM

Jul 2016
BRASILEIROS CHEGA AQUI!!

our glass of god gave an actual lecture about caipirinha, as a Brazilian I'm flattered!
May 29, 5:16 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
The cliffhanger for this episode was very serious. A very fitting place to leave off so we can have a whole episode dedicated to why Ryu refuses and dodges the question to join Hotel Cardinal and we find out it’s because he holds himself responsible for the death of a customer. Looking forward to next weeks episode 🙂
May 29, 8:20 PM

Nov 2010
  • cocktails of this week: Caesar, Caipirinha. The explanation for cocktails, especially Caesar, was good.
  • It seems this episode is a cocktail of chapter 24 to 26, 54, and a dash of chapter 53. Not a bad blend unlike episode 6.
  • There was an explanation that shaking made vodka (Balkan 176) mild. It would be a similar practice you can see as 'swirling' for wine. If the contents is carbonated water, it should work. But it seems some people see it as a superstition. Anyway, it wouldn't make drink strong.

May 29, 8:25 PM
May 2015
When you're from Newfoundland, and see a bottle of Iceberg vodka featured in a show 😲
May 29, 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
murderer! haha lol! adults having such a silly ideas... it was better episode but so far this anime is a joke.. first of all it is boring.. then the ideas and way of life and their problems are like kids would have...everyone is stubborn and story is just as someone said.. to promote Japanese bars... the end will be he will start working at that hotel and nothing else...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 29, 9:41 PM
Aug 2021
ay yo what ryu and the hotel daughter are really dating wow
May 29, 9:55 PM
Sep 2013
I don't get his argument. "A bartender shouldn't serve alcohol that gets people drunk." As opposed to... alcohol that doesn't get people drunk?
May 30, 2:01 AM

Mar 2018
COME TO BRAZIL RYUU

Glad to see caipirinha in something aside that meme from azumanga dayoh (CAIPIRINHA CAIPIRINHA OOOO)
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
May 30, 6:22 AM
Dec 2019
Much more interesting than the Chen episodes. This is the show I like.
May 30, 8:33 AM
Aug 2020
it was a really good episode

i love to drink caipirinha

and to learn and see it was really joyful.

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 30, 9:27 AM
Oct 2019
and let's go caipirinha with 51, let's go Brazil!
May 30, 12:55 PM
Oct 2019
kuroneko99 said:
  • cocktails of this week: Caesar, Caipirinha. The explanation for cocktails, especially Caesar, was good.
  • It seems this episode is a cocktail of chapter 24 to 26, 54, and a dash of chapter 53. Not a bad blend unlike episode 6.
  • There was an explanation that shaking made vodka (Balkan 176) mild. It would be a similar practice you can see as 'swirling' for wine. If the contents is carbonated water, it should work. But it seems some people see it as a superstition. Anyway, it wouldn't make drink strong.

Do you think it's gonna be a "complete adaptation" that lead to adaptation of the end of the manga or just a season 1 ?
May 30, 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
JaysonNnN said:
Do you think it's gonna be a "complete adaptation" that lead to adaptation of the end of the manga or just a season 1 ?
As the series has episodic style, there is no clear end as a story. The protagonist's back story is only one of many episodes. (though it seems many MAL users don't like episodic style.)
May 30, 5:56 PM

Jun 2012
Liked the more adult jab and response.

That grandpa will just not give up, and he's not even subtle about it.
Always gets what he wants? Yikes.

Finally, we know why Ryu looks so sombre sometimes.
If it was entirely his fault, surely he would have quit being a bartender altogether.

We shall hopefully see the real story of what happened in Paris next week.
May 30, 6:10 PM

Apr 2015
When i saw Ryu getting the the lemons i was like... This looks like Caipirinha. Than he got the 51 bottle LOL
May 30, 6:11 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to Cabbage_Cat
ay yo what ryu and the hotel daughter are really dating wow
Cabbage_Cat said:
ryu and the hotel daughter are really dating wow

@Cabbage_Cat

Subs made this ep a bit misleading.
I'm pretty sure he just calls Miwa a lady not Ryu's girlfriend.

myrmidon_mamori said:
I don't get his argument. "A bartender shouldn't serve alcohol that gets people drunk." As opposed to... alcohol that doesn't get people drunk?

@myrmidon_mamori

"If you serve drinks to get people drunk, it becomes a poison that harms them. It isn't a bartenders job to serve drinks like that"
Ryu has a very romanticised view on what a bartender is.
I took these words to mean, if a bartender serves drinks with the intention of getting the customer really drunk, it will harm the customer. As opposed to letting the customer know their limits and stop drinking before they get that drunk. So, if the customer wants to get drunk you can provide the means, but the bartender themselves shouldn't make a drink with the aim to get a customer really drunk.
Jun 1, 2:04 AM
Sep 2021
Sasakura's past is being unfolded, interested to see & learn about his story.
Jun 1, 6:57 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Getting more into Sasakura's past we get to see not only his senpai with a down look on life but his mentor in the hospital after almost working himself to death. One's gotta balance their way of life with health as passion can only get you so far. Also, it seems like something happened with a customer's death and Ryu was involved. The final arc for this season seems to have started.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 1, 9:35 AM

Feb 2016
I don't know how Sasakura would "kill" somebody. Sure it is that someone had an allergy or drove drunken.
Jun 1, 9:53 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to KikiSohma
Cabbage_Cat said:
ryu and the hotel daughter are really dating wow

@Cabbage_Cat

Subs made this ep a bit misleading.
I'm pretty sure he just calls Miwa a lady not Ryu's girlfriend.

myrmidon_mamori said:

@myrmidon_mamori

"If you serve drinks to get people drunk, it becomes a poison that harms them. It isn't a bartenders job to serve drinks like that"
Ryu has a very romanticised view on what a bartender is.
I took these words to mean, if a bartender serves drinks with the intention of getting the customer really drunk, it will harm the customer. As opposed to letting the customer know their limits and stop drinking before they get that drunk. So, if the customer wants to get drunk you can provide the means, but the bartender themselves shouldn't make a drink with the aim to get a customer really drunk.
@KikiSohma thank you, i was kinda confused when the sub say she be girlfriend
Jun 1, 7:50 PM

Jan 2016
To think a drink I have every once in a while is being presented as this fancy and unique drink....
My image I had with these fancy bars are ruined lmao
Jun 4, 5:07 PM

Jul 2016
Nice episode with a more serious approach than usual. Sasakura's senpai has quite an interesting mindset when it comes to serving drinks.
Jun 7, 7:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A hide secret!!!
Well, Ryuu found a ex-nakama and ex-boss in the same episode!!!
kekeke
Jun 10, 3:41 AM

Nov 2022
Mistaken for bf and gf and they just brush it off, I WISH more anime were this mature... Wow wow wow amazing show!
Jun 12, 5:21 AM

Jul 2023
It was supposed to be a date between Miwa and a Ryu. It's both a personal and professional date.

But they got interrupted when they meet Ryu's sempai.

Ryu got to visit his mentor too.

We also learn another backstory of Ryu. It's still good.
patkarununganJun 12, 2:48 PM
Jun 12, 11:02 AM

Jul 2016
BRAZIL MENTIONED 🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷

It's still 3pm and now I want a caipirinha...
Jun 12, 11:53 AM

Dec 2016

So the author is pretty much aware that his pet character Sasakura is just a bullshitter that spreads "gospel" while other more down to earth bartenders actually treat this job as a way of earning their living wage.

The funny thing is that in other places of the world where tips are a thing, bartenders can earn way more in a week than your average salary man in a couple of weeks or even a month. Placing aside the tip culture that is kinda bullshit, it's ridiculous that Sasakura yaps that being a bartender doesn't earn you that much, despite the owner of a very prestigious hotel wants him to work for him at whatever price it takes, not to mention his story of becoming the most wanted bartender in Tokyo after being a literal nobody and being taught by a reknown pro and afterwards flying to France for his higher education and credentials make him a dumb martyr by neglecting the Cardinal HOtel offer so many times because he feels guilt of someone's death while also working in the same enviroment in a less known bar. Contrived writing at it's finest.

I'll give credit to the author because at least in this episode it adressed 2 big gripes of mine that weren't aproached early on. It showed off a different kind of clients that weren't your typical rich guy with 1st world problems and it also introduced Kitakata and his lady friend that feel more real than the "animefied" perspective we've been shown about bartenders and their glamourous customers whose problems are solved with a drink and a pep talk.

Jun 12, 4:04 PM

Jan 2016
This anime is so professional.
I get it, but I will never stop being triggered at them stabbing in the direction of their hands.
My guess is going to be the operation tempo at that hotel made it hard for him to 100% himself. He is not the cause of death but believes he should have noticed something that could have prevented the death.
These 2 are totally a couple, you can't even question it

Jun 13, 5:36 AM

Jul 2017
Miwa and Ryu heading to a bar in the red light district of Kabukicho, and this Bar Grace that they're seeking, meets a bar none like that, withholding someone that Ryu knows.

Bar North Wind's placeholder bartender of Kitakata, it's someone that Ryu shares lots of his years with as both apprentice and master for 8 years, even if Miwa is proposely seen as his girlfriend of sorts. And apparently, its Bloody Mary is quite popular, which Kitakura mixes it up with tomato and clams for a Bloody Caesar, enhanced by a strong 88% alcohol's worth of vodka that's enough to make anyone feel drunk with just a sip. And if that's not enough, Kitakura's bar serving as a hospital for the wounded soul, he doesn't care because he serves alcoholic poison to those looking for a healing, something which just doesn't sit right with Ryu. Miwa investigating further on Ryu's past, and it's something that he doesn't want to talk about much.

Kitakura stopping by Ryu's bar with a client, and he makes Caipirinha, a popular Brazilian cocktail for the both of them, tasting a lot like regular shochu for his client, and a more infused one for Kitakata. Despite a job that doesn't pay very well, Ryu is able to read people thanks to the bartendering, which isn't a profession.

Leaning on the fact that Kitakura knows where their mentor Goro Kase is at, he's bedridden for 7 years and had to close shop, something which Kitakata continues the legacy of Kase to keep the bar going. Too bad that Hotel Cardinal still has no way of acquiring Ryu, not because of Edenhall, but Taizo would try all he can to get him to their side, something that Miwa realizes that she doesn't want to interfere with too much given his mysterious past. And Kitakara clearing things up for Miwa that he caused a customer's death somehow, that's a rather grave and costly move.

How did things end up so gravely for Ryu?
Jun 15, 7:55 AM

Oct 2017
I love how smoothly things are going for Miwa and Ryu. Going on dates and stuff, yeah. Come on man gimme the ship.

Anyway for now we got more on Ryu's past and also the reason why he left paris. I think this season will end with him accepting the position.
Jun 19, 10:47 AM

May 2020
Man whoever wrote these "serious" quotes.. like the ones around the profession of bartender or the bar as a place itself.. sorry but they are plain hilarious to me.

As for Ryuu's past and the deal with that customer eventually dying because of him.. not sure where they're going with that lol.
Aug 19, 5:22 AM
Dec 2022
We get to meet Ryu's senpai and his mentor. Plus we learnt about Ryu's past.
Sep 4, 12:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was good to see Sasakura meeting a former colleague in Kabukicho, a bit sad to learn that his master is at the hospital though but at least he could meet him after all that time, it's true that being a bartender is a lifestyle...
But wow, I was what that deceased customer story is :/
Sep 23, 1:15 PM
Aug 2024
Breath of fresh air. Apart from most of the anime right now being Isekai it's nice to see this genre once in a while.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

37 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Oct 9, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

78 by DaddyMoon »»
Sep 27, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15

52 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 3, 11:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.