Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 6:57 AM
Nov 2021
I've read up a while ago that he's a siscon for Mutsumi, so I'm just curious in case I ever give this series a chance, is Kyochiro still a likable character regardless of that?

I'm honestly not even all that bothered by the incest part of it all, I just want to know whether or not he gets flanderized because of it, especially when I remember that Lance from Mashle is a perfect example of how to write a siscon without making him super annoying every single time he's onscreen.

EDIT: Okay, I get the message now. Thanks everyone, and thank god he's actually cool.
datgenericbakaMar 20, 10:53 AM
Mar 20, 7:13 AM
Jun 2021
datgenericbaka said:
I've read up a while ago that he's a siscon for Mutsumi, so I'm just curious in case I ever give this series a chance, is Kyochiro still a likable character regardless of that?

I'm honestly not even all that bothered by the incest part of it all, I just want to know whether or not he gets flanderized because of it, especially when I remember that Lance from Mashle is a perfect example of how to write a siscon without making him super annoying every single time he's onscreen.

Out of all the siscons I’ve seen he’s probably the best. He is over the top with it but it’s very clear it comes from a place of familial love rather than any sort of romantic love.
Mar 20, 8:21 AM
Dec 2022
Yes, he is still a likeable character. The result of his sister complex is intense familial love and bond. He's a W male character.
Mar 20, 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
There's no incest, just familial love and overprotectiveness. He's delusional and over the top, but very likeable.
Mar 20, 9:40 AM
May 2021
He’s really funny and a pretty good character, my 2nd favorite Yozakura behind Keigo probably
Mar 20, 9:41 AM
May 2021
He’s really funny and a pretty good character, my 2nd favorite Yozakura behind Keigo probably
Mar 20, 9:45 AM
Jan 2023
just wait till he opens his eyes... u will see how much of power this siscon holds for anyone who dares to huet his family.
Mar 20, 9:46 AM
Jan 2023
just wait till he opens his eyes... u will see how much of power this siscon holds for anyone who dares to hurt his family.
Mar 20, 9:56 AM
May 2021
Mar 20, 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
Hes great cause they really lean into the absolute disdain the world feels for him. The siscon stuff is just exaggerated for laughs and like everything in this series its taken to such an extreme its funny.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 20, 6:18 PM

Feb 2010
It took a while but he grew on me
Mar 25, 10:57 AM

Apr 2023
He's a really well written character, and very likeable (I won't forgive him for the trauma inflicted on best boy Taiyo though)
Mar 27, 10:24 PM
Oct 2016
At least in the discussions I took part of regarding the series as it was coming out, people for a while really disliked Kyoichiro and often thought he was the worst part about the series. The good news is that he was seen as improving later on in the series and became more popular.
Apr 5, 8:18 AM
May 2020
he is totally likeable. you'll love to hate him
Apr 5, 9:15 PM
Mar 2021
ZWS-Balance said:
He's a really well written character, and very likeable (I won't forgive him for the trauma inflicted on best boy Taiyo though)

I agree he is a very well written character. He has a lot more depth than just the surface sis con comedic relief. He definitely grows on you.
Apr 6, 7:20 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Eaterofworlds191
ZWS-Balance said:

I agree he is a very well written character. He has a lot more depth than just the surface sis con comedic relief. He definitely grows on you.
@Eaterofworlds191 100% I love him so much (same goes for the rest of the cast.) Anime airing today, hope it goes well.
Apr 7, 4:21 AM

Jul 2019
I might be the only manga reader here who absolutely hates his guts. Like I hope he dies. I fucking hate siscon and brocon characters, and he is probably the worst one.
Apr 7, 5:00 AM
Dec 2020
He is probably the best written character in the manga along with the vilain
Apr 7, 6:09 AM

Sep 2009
I knew someone would bring this up. He went from being the worst character in the manga to the most beloved.
Apr 7, 7:29 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to YeeYeeAss
I might be the only manga reader here who absolutely hates his guts. Like I hope he dies. I fucking hate siscon and brocon characters, and he is probably the worst one.
@YeeYeeAss nah i'm with you on this lol, caught up and i still don't like anything about him even though he had a few cool moments.
Apr 7, 7:54 AM

Nov 2018
As someone who normally hates his kind of character with a passion, can confirm that he's written well enough to actually be a very cool and enjoyable character if you're willing to wait for him

君の声 

忘れない 

涙も 

忘れない
Apr 7, 7:56 AM
Jul 2020
Its a very cozy shonen jump with hard hitting moments and couldn't wait for the anime to start but then its disney who bought the license so im never seeing it in canada it serms. I hate disney.
Apr 7, 8:03 AM
Apr 2021
You’ll like him just give the anime time to release episodes and you’ll see why he’s likeable, I like him bc he’s literally the funniest character in the manga simply bc his family stays beating him up whenever he tries to do something for Mutsumi that isn’t normal when bros the strongest in the verse he can’t lay a single hand on his siblings yet they can to him bc he’s a creep side comes out🤣🤣🤣
Apr 13, 9:07 AM

May 2009
He's good uncle. 
Apr 16, 4:41 PM

Mar 2021
He has a younger sister complex, but even though Mutsumi and Taiyo got married, he didn't kill Taiyo and was training him, so I thought she accepted him in that respect.

Also, she has a little sister complex, but she's actually quite strong.

Jun 23, 2:14 PM

Jun 2022
I think Kyoichiro being a siscon is very problematic and also there is an questionable age gap. He is also a bad character.

I am not trying to look like one of those tankie SJW's but it shows how much of a siscon he is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28

21 by KingBaller06 »»
Oct 14, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1

29 by Treyv0n »»
Oct 14, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

64 by adbeaver »»
Oct 13, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

125 by adbeaver »»
Oct 13, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25

21 by Treyv0n »»
Oct 13, 4:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.