Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2023 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
Studio NUT is back after 3 years, having produced one of my favorite 2020 anime of Summer's Deca-Dence, and with mecha designer Junji Ookubo of No Guns Life fame, this show has potential. All rests on the laurels of the miss director-cum-series composer Hitoyasu Aoki.

NORISTRY's OP is a banger, but of course, coming from composer Tom-H@ck I expected this. Also, Konomi Suzuki's ED is a great comeback for the once-prolific Anisong singer.

The young hopeful engineer of Kanie Technologies' Development Department's Tetsuro Okino, with his own developed robot of Bullbuster, this could be the hope for the flailing Namidome Industries, which the company is strapped in terms of finances. From its hard-and-fast presidents Koji Tajima and Nobuyo Kanie, to its staff of General Affairs' Miyuki Shirogane and pilot Ginnosuke Muto, each and every staff member is eccentric, just like Tetsuro himself.

An enemy attack that took out one of their Bullrover robots, they can only depend on Tetsuro and Bullbuster to conduct pest extermination. But Accounting's Kintaro Kataoka stopped him from going off as he needs to fulfill some paperwork before Tetsuro can be let off on the job. It's so strenuous just to get deployed, and even Muto can't deploy himself because his license just expired. So then, its yet another fellow pilot of Arumi Nikaido (alongside Muto) to help Tetsuro circumvent the area for pests in the abandoned village's vicinity, which the CG "wild animal" comes attacking after them, that Tetsuro did not expect to see an enemy this big. Being a newbie, Tetsuro is not capable yet, and as Arumi tries to get Bullrover going, the former gets his stance right to exterminate the wild animal.

All may be written and followed by the book, but this show just adds into the magnificence of the Fall season being a sleeper hit. A good start for now.
KANLen09Oct 10, 2023 3:37 AM
Oct 4, 2023 7:15 AM
Jul 2023
The sound design is fantastic, and I’m glad to see the mech movements have weight in it. Certainly looking forward to see whats more this series can offer.
MainnusOct 4, 2023 7:25 AM
Oct 4, 2023 7:31 AM

Nov 2010
Heavy machineries have been powered by electricity even now... and Boston Dynamics' robots move more smoothly. Was the story written in the period of Alien 2?
Oct 4, 2023 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
Bullbuster by Studio Nut 😂
Oct 4, 2023 10:08 AM
Sep 2015
Nothing special so far but I'm looking forward to it.
Oct 4, 2023 11:10 AM
Jan 2018
Any connections to Gunbuster and Diebuster?
Oct 4, 2023 11:34 AM
Feb 2017
Shirogane miyuki?! for real????
Oct 4, 2023 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
Already contender for the worst CGI of the season
Oct 4, 2023 12:05 PM

Oct 2016
Felt like Nut taking their Deca-Dence gimmicks onto something that belongs in era with Patlabor or Daiguard around, even though the opening made it look like Robotics; Notes. I'm pleased for now.
Oct 4, 2023 12:59 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to Tjerbor
@Tjerbor "a contender" is putting it too mildly. more like the absolute winner
Oct 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to Asukatard117
Shirogane miyuki?! for real????

@Asukatard117

I'm convinced they're just fucking with us lol. The CGI and the uninspired epic OST is the icing on the cake.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2023 2:26 PM

Dec 2016
Good Lord. Did we get a second season of Kamikatsu already? That CG monster looked downright terrible. The Mechs are also apretty lackluster in CG animation, but I do like the detail in their whole mechanisms and that they aren't a control them with your mind and awesome happens.

The rest looks okay, the art an animation of the human characters are quite alright, though the comedy feels awfully hamfisted.

I'll give it the 3 episode treatment.
Oct 4, 2023 2:27 PM

May 2018
Kind of interesting idea and behind the mech designs there are some technical ideas similar to the ones from Patlabor. On the other hand the 3D CGI elements are quite ugly and story-wise nothing interesting so far.
It has some potential to grow tho.

devnin said:
Any connections to Gunbuster and Diebuster?

Nothing, only they share a stupid naming convention.
alshuOct 5, 2023 4:18 AM
Oct 4, 2023 2:40 PM

May 2015
Reply to Tjerbor
@Tjerbor you've obviously not watched Kamierabi or Overtake have you?
Oct 4, 2023 2:51 PM

May 2015
That monster was disgusting in the overly pleasant artstyle. It was funny how the boss wanted to get the contracts straight, but overall the anime doesn't seem like anything special so far.
Oct 4, 2023 2:52 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to billybub
@billybub bro said overtake… overtake has amazing cgi and it’s very well utilized with some great cgi camera movements. Kamierabi while doesn’t have amazing cgi is also pretty ok in that department. It’s no tristamp but as far as full cgi anime goes it looks decent
Oct 4, 2023 3:03 PM

May 2015
Reply to Peenutz
@billybub bro said overtake… overtake has amazing cgi and it’s very well utilized with some great cgi camera movements. Kamierabi while doesn’t have amazing cgi is also pretty ok in that department. It’s no tristamp but as far as full cgi anime goes it looks decent
@Peenutz the racing in Overtake looks horrible, and Koikatsu has better 3dcg than Kamierabi. I'm not saying that cgi in this is good by any means but to say its the worst this season is laughable when those 2 turds exist
Oct 4, 2023 3:17 PM

Feb 2019
Studio NUT’s falloff has to be studied
Oct 4, 2023 3:29 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to billybub
@Peenutz the racing in Overtake looks horrible, and Koikatsu has better 3dcg than Kamierabi. I'm not saying that cgi in this is good by any means but to say its the worst this season is laughable when those 2 turds exist
@billybub I think you need some new eyes dude. Kamierabi is whatever I don’t really care enough to defend it a lot but overtake looks fucking incredible(and not just the 2D), the cgi is very well done and will match Pluto for the best cgi of the season for sure
Oct 4, 2023 3:38 PM

Feb 2012
Very Patlabor/Dai-Guard-esque series, right down to the robot-loving protagonist. From his Super Robot poster in the OP to suggesting Evangelion/Gundam-inspired logo designs for his client.

He's more than eager to pilot his own creation before being impeded by bureaucracy and paperwork but nonetheless panics when he sees how big the pests he has to exterminate are. What went on on that island that the residents had to leave their homes covered in vegetation?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 4, 2023 4:54 PM

Jan 2021
Definitely not pretty visual-wise, but I dig the Patlabor-esque premise, so I'll continue.
Oct 4, 2023 5:01 PM

Sep 2020
I swear this anime could easily pass off as one of P.A. Works' workplace series.
The 3DCG monster looked unfortunate to say the least but everything else clicked with me.
Oct 4, 2023 5:14 PM

Sep 2021
The dinosaur from KamiKatsu is back! And it became chonky!

All in all, a good premiere. The bureaucracy stopping the opperation was hillarious. The printer breaking at the worst possible timing and the whole disussion around insurance and responsibility is awfully relatable, at least if you live in germany. The mission itself got the job done for the premiere. Character Introduction was also done well and I like the design and atmosphere of the island.

I wonder if this one will go for comedy or get a larger plot surrounding the island. Either way sounds good to me.
Oct 4, 2023 6:46 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to billybub
@billybub

When you want to be a contrarian without even understanding how textures, modeling and animation of 3D model works...
Oct 5, 2023 2:31 AM

Mar 2008
Studio NUTs, Bullbuster, cockpit hehe

The Exosuit from Alien 2 and the slug woman from Monster's Inc and a giant waterbear in one show lol

The concept isnt even unique, Robotics;Notes for example also did primitive mechas before.

Holy crap that monster thing was moving at such a low frame rate

kuroneko99 said:
Heavy machineries have been powered by electricity even now... and Boston Dynamics' robots move more smoothly. Was the story written in the period of Alien 2?

Electric motors usually dont have enough torque to my recalll. Also it is an aesthetic choice.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Oct 5, 2023 3:37 AM

Nov 2010
traed said:
Electric motors usually dont have enough torque to my recalll. Also it is an aesthetic choice.
If it's the same to eV, motor-drive would be less powerful as you mentioned (and have quick response). As for the choice, yes, and they need engines to present dramatic stall moments.
Oct 5, 2023 7:12 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! that was a nice pumped-up 1st episoder huh...
i first glance i thought the title of this show was 'ballbuster' until i reread it again lolz...
5/5.

Oct 5, 2023 7:42 AM
Aug 2015
Plain dumb. Drop.
Oct 5, 2023 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty mediocre stuff
Oct 5, 2023 11:40 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to billybub
@billybub Overtake looked fine imho
Oct 5, 2023 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
The cover didn't do the show much justice.

The MC seems to be kinda naive.

Didn't expect that kind of CGI. It was kinda reminscent of Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou. There it was kinda debatable if it was serious or done on purpose, also it was a lot worse there in the first few episodes. However, imo its not actually too bad so far. It just stands out a lot due to the dissonance with the environment, which could be intended.

Not sure if i'll continue watching this as i'm not too fond of the MC.
Oct 5, 2023 12:29 PM

Feb 2021
Created by the same people who created Odd Taxi, and animated by studio Nut.
Interesting so far.
Oct 5, 2023 3:45 PM
Jul 2015
Should have been called Bullshitter. Fuck, it's so stupid. I want my 20 minutes back!
Oct 5, 2023 3:49 PM

Jan 2022
dam, I'm hooked by ep.1. I love the accountant messing up all the hype and the muscle grammar hitting poses in the op. This is going to be a fun watch. I can't wait!
Oct 5, 2023 3:54 PM

Sep 2018
I liked it, it was entertaining and the corporate stuff was actually pretty funny

The CGI monster was eye-bleedingly bad, but that's not unique to this show.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 5, 2023 6:25 PM

Sep 2016
Pink girl is hot as hell, too bad the anime itself is shit, even worse than Synduality Noir
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 5, 2023 7:53 PM
Apr 2022
didn't expect the pest to be some kind of mutated giant hippo. in the forest the mech walked like toddlers walking for the first time, i don't expect them to fly anytime soon. I thought Mechs ought to be more cooler than this hideous orange colored crawler
Oct 5, 2023 9:48 PM

Oct 2012
Enjoyed the episode but man the CGI creatures are ugly. Definitely deducting some points off of the final score if I make it through. I hope we see a bit more of how the corporation works and I'm curious what caused the outbreak on the island and if it's happened in other locations.
Oct 6, 2023 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
Never came across the manga, so not sure what to expect, or rather not expecting anything, it's usually a good neutral position to review a new anime.

The first episode was interesting, it left a lot of unanswered questions, hoping to see those answered in the following episodes.

Mecha is meh... but not bad actually, because the setting is based on the current possibly technology, not futuristic gundam / macross or fantasy Gurren Lagann type mecha, LOL 😅

In fact the new type mecha portrayed it's already very possible and already in existence for sale in Japan for rich people only of course, just without the weapons.

The tractor trailer type robot is totally do-able, that is low tech all mechanical base.

The only thing that annoyed the shit out of me are the Business practices crap, which yes I'm aware that is the whole meme about this anime, to make fun over the overly convoluted complex and annoying corporate mentality in Japan.

That annoying boss in special, man it sure reminds me of many annoying bosses I've had in the past.

The only other character that annoyed me was the Emo pink hair girl, like WTF is wrong with her? The new sales guy is just trying to help, yet she tries to bite his head off figuratively speaking.

Anyway, it's interesting so far, looking forward to see what happened in those islands with the mutant monsters, as in how those originated.
Oct 6, 2023 3:44 PM

May 2015
Robotics;Notes with adults, and bad CG as the main antagonist?

Edit: I also forgot to mention that Shirogane Miyuki character, I found it funny at first but the way her name is spelled makes it clear it's a female name.
El-MelloiOct 6, 2023 4:20 PM
Oct 7, 2023 2:26 AM
Mar 2012
good animation but camera's a mess at times.
peppy 80s? OP, nice ED.
Work sol with mech vs kaiju certainly unusual premise.
mech looks great how they mess up the monster so bad.
characters don't catch attention yet, maybe I'll stay with synduality for now.
Oct 8, 2023 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
Nice!! Finally an anime that has a good feeling to it and made with love.

Oct 8, 2023 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
The bullbuster is real, although I think MC got some help in taking down his first pest
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 9, 2023 11:10 AM

Jul 2011
It was fun to watch.
So far the concept is good, characters are good, robots are also fine, CGI monsters are bad tho :D
Will wait for more eps :3
Oct 10, 2023 2:16 AM

Oct 2022
Feels like we are going to have characters with a backstories, corporate politics, and a dash of insanity.
Oct 12, 2023 4:45 AM

Dec 2015
I'm sure the guy will get romantically interested in the pilot girl. Was fun to watch ... but not overwhelming. Weird comedy - with the monster attacking empty buildings and them making it seem urgent ... then the accounting guy slowing down cause he first wants to sign the contract. :D
Oct 12, 2023 4:51 AM

Oct 2010
Nut's ABC: How to make actually boring robot series.
Oct 19, 2023 5:00 AM

Oct 2018
The CG quality is getting worse with every successive Nut production from Deca Dence --> Jazz movie --> this.

I have no idea why this shot will have a CG component and the immediate next shot where the remove the cover will have the cover in 2d.

Script wise, it's pretty meh so far. Seems we'll see a lot of drama in future episodes, that will surely filter me out.
Oct 19, 2023 10:28 AM

Aug 2019
... Yeah that kinda sucked LOL I was just waiting for the episode to end. I don't like the artstyle, I don't like this MC, and I really don't like how that giant molerat thing looked. I think this is probably going to be the 2nd show I drop this season

Edit: Was this made by the same people who made Deca-Dence? If so that's even worse lol like sure, that show had a lot of flaws and issues, but I did enjoy it... For the most part lol

Wait did they make Odd Taxi too? 🤦‍♂️
AlkimiaOct 19, 2023 10:32 AM
Mar 26, 4:43 AM

Jun 2022
Most Of The Characters Were Breezy & Fit The Role But That Pink Hair Girl Might Be The Reason If I Drop This.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 22, 2023

11 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 15, 2023

8 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 8, 2023

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 5 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 1, 2023

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 25, 2023

13 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.