Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Roomie Is a Dino
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 12: The FINAL episode is out!

Courtesy of Muse Asia:

Dino's EATING OUT??? At Starbucks no less, and Yamada sure likes to pull fast ones on the unsuspecting Dino. Reagrdless though, Dino approves everything with an A-Okay for a listening ear.

It's a peaceful day~~~ and Dino wants some eggs, any type is fine! To be the 3rd wheel between Kaede and Shouta, he's grinning for sure. JUST RELAX...while another Dino is birth from (imaginary) prehistoric times. Bring it over into the modern world, and ask for directions!

A trip to the sea with Dino (while everyone is wearing masks outside because COVID). The increasing taxi fare though...and an emergency call for Kaede to come all the way to the sea and pay for the ride??? OOH SCARY...the note from Dino just for Kaede to rest (and the fare already paid beforehand), what a misunderstanding.

But all's well that ends well. Never gonna get bored about Dino!

Gonna miss this special show, just like the taxi driver: "Is it raining (tears)?" 10/10
KANLen09Dec 19, 2020 10:30 AM
Dec 19, 2020 10:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I feel like the taxi driver, I want to cry, this anime is over...
This anime is a work of a true genius, it's the best shitpost I've ever watched in my life
10/10
Dec 19, 2020 11:09 AM
Sep 2015
And the best character development award goes to... Dino!

Anyway, I want to see season 2!!!
Dec 19, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2019
10/10

What an amazing finish, absolutely worth waiting for even though it got delayed. Yellow Dino, please be hope for season 2. Good to see all the MCs of the live-action come together as well.

Damn, I will miss this a lot.
Dec 19, 2020 4:22 PM
Aug 2018
Absolutely love this show, it was really fun and while I’m a little upset that many people were caught off guard by this because of the live action scenes, I’m glad it’s scores increasing because it was way to low for this series
Dec 19, 2020 6:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its really a fun-ride. That yellow dino suddenly made me angry why this wholesome show must be end. But, while looking at the live action segment, everything must come to an end, no look at your back. Such an unfortunate indeed, and quite emotional by seeing the last sceneries of Kaede and Kyouryuu like that. Oh well! However, whatever happened, lets forget everything and keep chilling. As the day will always full of happiness to be remembered if you just keep having fun. Once again, farewell, you blue dino!
8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 19, 2020 6:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well, this show was definitely something

gonna miss Dino<3
Dec 19, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
i like that the old man was brought back for the last live action segment...and it was feelsy too

this show is totally underappreciated at first just because (i assume) of how it looks and the format particularly the live action. the three main segments including the live action when its not being weird were nice and wholesome. the rest was just there to fill time i guess even though the Spot the Dino part was actually fun.

7/10, the show was cute and sometimes funny. the best episode was clearly the one where Dino made a friend with the bird and kitty.
Dec 20, 2020 7:46 AM
Feb 2017
Man, this anime was a ride from beginning to end, and I loved it to pieces...

Also, NEW CHARACTER! Damn, I can't wait for Kamikaze Douga to announce Season 2...
eze_tielveDec 20, 2020 4:04 PM
Dec 20, 2020 10:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kyouryuu choudai? He's just too adorable, rich and a great listener, can't get a better pet than that. Or is he even a pet, lol?

It was nice to see shots of all the characters in the end there and both segments were great this time.

To be honest the first 7-8 episodes were average for me but it kept getting better.

As such, it's getting a solid 6/10 from me. Wouldn't mind a 2nd season of this at all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 20, 2020 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
That was such a lovely and charming show, every character was so kind and chill, I was also hoping we could get to see Ojisan one more and there he was for the finale.
Dec 20, 2020 3:59 PM

Mar 2009
Shout-outs to the actors and staff being able to finish this show's run during an incredibly difficult year. Fun and cute show. Will miss it
Dec 21, 2020 12:13 AM

Jun 2009
The only reason I watched this was the live action segments specially for my waifu 8467 <3 though the animation segments were good too except the mini shorts which sucked.
Dec 21, 2020 1:51 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Her full name is Kaede Ichisugi? Good to know. Kaede Ichisugi. Born 12/25. Noted.

Anyway ahh they brought him back!! ;O;; I guess he doesn't remember how he knows Dino/why he's getting emotional when he sees him?? Oh no. :C

I wonder if the other dinosaur is related to Dino. Dino gets around. Maybe it's Dino's kid. lol

Keade and Yamada are such good friends. ;_; Actually, Kaede often seems good at reading people's moods or figuring out how to approach people, so I guess that might be why she was able to communicate with Dino too. Also, Dino's a good friend too.

I'm going to miss this show for sure. I like Jun Aoki's work, so it's been a treat to watch more of his work. He was a great pick for this adaptation. It's like crackhead energy but it's also still grounded. It's good.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 23, 2020 9:27 PM

Apr 2020
The arrival of a new dinosaur means that there is season 2?

Dec 23, 2020 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who noticed a parody of the Imperial March played when Kaede was telling Dino off for wasting money and causing trouble?
Dec 24, 2020 8:32 AM

Jun 2010
GavinHon said:

That's most likely, still haven't seen it in the manga
Dec 26, 2020 11:20 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Was happy to see the return of Mieharu-san, and have the two live-action Dino roomies meet 😊 But then i was sad & confused why Mieharu didn’t remember Dino, but obviously still felt a connection to him 🥺 I guess whatever the deal was with that space/time guy from an early episode and the book he had (which Dino destroyed IIRC) must have altered reality or something? It was so long ago i don’t remember the details 😕 I may try to rewatch from the beginning this week (when most of the Fall season shows have ended and before the MONSTROUSLY LARGE Winter season begins) to try to figure it out 🤔

Marnic50 said:
Am I the only one who noticed a parody of the Imperial March played when Kaede was telling Dino off for wasting money and causing trouble?

Considering all the light saber SFX Dino makes, it’s not surprising 😄
gappasaurusDec 26, 2020 11:40 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 28, 2020 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
GavinHon said:

it might have a chance that it has a 2 season.
Dec 28, 2020 8:29 PM

Apr 2020
Yuuki_Otakuu said:
GavinHon said:

it might have a chance that it has a 2 season.

Oh I see. I hope so.

Jan 1, 2021 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty amusing and unorthodox, I even warmed up to the live-action stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2021 3:08 PM
Jan 2019
Just passing to say this is the best anime of all time.
Jan 14, 2021 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see our man Mieharu doing well as taxi drive after his tragic death in the alternate timeline of ep 2. This anime definitely stands out with its weird mix of anime and liveaction. Pretty chill and relaxing, slice-of-live animated parts and some ridiculously weird live action parts. I really respect the actors for making the live-action fun considering the pandemic situation, especially the person wearing the Dino costume with the lively movement.

Jan 24, 2021 8:16 PM

Mar 2016
A shame that more than half of each episode is unwatchable. I just skipped the live action bits but I really enjoyed the animated segments. Guess I'll have to think about taking a look at the manga.
Feb 6, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
It's true old man, it's raining here too.
Aug 11, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
Kamikaze is a treasure.
Sep 24, 2021 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
This show really took me by surprise. At first, I felt the live-action segments were better but kinda stopped being amazing after that yuru camp episode probably pandemic might be a factor while the animated segment got better and interesting as it went on and got to know more about the character' interactions but overall the content was little and wished there could been more.
Nov 29, 2021 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
very good anime, I loved the live action sequences a lot, very heart warming in these cruel days
Jan 8, 2022 9:29 PM

May 2018
A breath of fresh air for sure, I'm glad I found this, it's weird but really good to just sit and relax. ahhh I want a second season now!! :(

Also, I almost got all from "Find the Dino" thing (11/12) ... was a fun segment like all of them
Jul 28, 2022 5:11 AM

Dec 2020
This was great. The animation and different art styles were my favorite. While the live action parts can be weird sometimes overall the whole show is more wholesome, cute and relaxing!
Oct 11, 2022 8:03 AM

Mar 2020
Just got out of a rewatch of this show and it's very interesting to look back on how this series has changed my perspective on anime. Before going in, I was of the opinion that the slice of life genre was a completely vacuous time sink and that anything made within the past 10 years wasn't worth watching, though I've since adopted a different attitude on both. Granted, I still think that a vast majority of slice of life anime are completely unstimulating and tepid, though it's the quirky offshoots like this that make it worth keeping an open mind about.

The dub for this is quite interesting. I'm not sure how common it is for recent stuff, though it's strange of Funimation to license a series as it's airing and then decide on dubbing it a year and half after all of it's miniscule relevance has petered out. I'm not complaining, though. All of the cast members are pretty well suited for their roles and Kaede's verified bruh moment in the last episode was something I could have never anticipated. Hopefully this is indicative of some activity behind the scenes, as a season two with all the structural problems cut out could prove to be something special.

I haven't actually discussed anything related to this episode or it's quality as a series, but whatever. Honorary 6/10 from me. I like it.
Feb 25, 4:53 PM

Sep 2018
Still think about this amazing anime every now and then lol, quite the experience. Definitely needs a re-watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 28, 2020

11 by Quaggy »»
Aug 21, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Apr 4, 2020

110 by ProdigyKing »»
Mar 17, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 7 Discussion

Ashhk - May 16, 2020

29 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 3, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 4 Discussion

Ashhk - Apr 25, 2020

36 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 3, 2023 7:52 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 11, 2020

60 by purplemoon_ »»
Jan 18, 2023 2:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.