Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With every episode, this show's competition gets even more serious. I'm glad the club is still very motivated now though.

In regards to the competition itself, Fujiwara is someone to keep an eye on for sure. Minato is also so focused this epsiode and manages to score an impressive shot too. He's improving for sure.

Dec 9, 2018 7:36 AM

Nov 2007
There's a change to the competition because a school retired. They get to shoot against that enemy school w. OnoKen's character.

Bad mood guy excited for revenge and main guy is spacing out while megane guy worried.

Cameraman brother is here, too. As well as the shop owner.

They don't do well, though. And with OnoKen's character being perfect, it gave them more pressure, too.

That friend guy's failure with not using new arrow the shop owner sold the day before.

Wow, womanizer guy did that on purpose to not get bad mood guy to be too depressed. He also reminded main guy for his initial goal for shooting arrows (even though just asking why).

They should not shoot for winning, but for the reason they do. Main guy finally got it with that in mind. They fortunately passed preliminary.

OnoKen's character sees main character as an existence to improve (friendly foe?). He also warned megane guy that he doesn't love Japanese archery (just following main guy who does it) that without him main guy can still return to archery.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2018 11:30 AM

Dec 2010
Onogi is the most annoying character in this show. He talks such a big talk but misses nearly all his shots. Thankfully, the pink haired kid put him in his place.

Anyways, glad that Minato is finally getting back on his feet and that they somehow made it through the preliminaries.
Dec 9, 2018 11:32 AM

Jun 2007
i just realized i've been more worried about seiya the whole time, not minato. seiya, mate, pull yourself together asap!
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 9, 2018 11:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the second day of the tournament begins. The insight into what Minato was like when he first started training with Shuu was insightful. The teams performance though sure was all over the place. Looks like they were too conscious of their opponents. The advice from the archery ship owner though was wise. Nanao's way of motivating Onogi though sure was interesting. Breaking down the tough guy image lol. The teams second round though was much better and Minato's shot was just beautiful. Its good that it managed to get them through. Shuu's words though were quite curious but im looking forward to seeing how the team fares in the next round.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2018 12:53 PM

Oct 2018
Glad to see the improvement at the end, I thought they all just got worse at archery lol.

I feel bad for Seiya though, Shuu's words were a bit harsh on the poor guy. Nice to also see some Nanao development, even it was for a little.

They should just call this series Tsundere because of Kaachan though.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 9, 2018 2:24 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode, we can finally see Minato come back, step by step. It'd be interesting seeing he and Shuu at the tournament.

Also, I guess Onogi will be a very different character by the end of this season, hope his development'd be done in a proper manner.
Dec 9, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
Minato just needed to remember why he wanted to shoot arrows. That's so simple, yet it can be so powerful.

I love what Shuu said to Seiya. However, do kids really talk like that? I think that conversation would be a lot more meaningful if adults were having it. Maybe, I should just accept it. If fictional teenagers talked like real teenagers, nobody would be interested in the story, not even actual teenagers.

I knew that Minato would overcome his Target panic by the end of this episode because that's how plot works. Still, despite being able to hit the zuboshi when he overcame his target panic, Minato's second shot wasn't as good. I really loved that part. He still has more to grow.

Kacchan was quite a fun character this episode.

I wish they didn't include that weird 'Merha' part. It looks like they are trying too hard.
Dec 9, 2018 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Another really good episode!

I loved how that man from the store went out of his way to encourage Ryouhei, but just a few moments later he was asking Masa-san if he understands his grandfather now that he is also a coach, as if he needed to accept the mistreatment as something positive and/or necessary. But well, now I'm confused if Masa-san and Ren are half-brothers or step-brothers.

Kacchan was awful here, he told Nanao to take this 'seriously' without looking properly at his effort, he was even shooting better than him because he was so obsessed with winning. Kacchan was way too rude, and mean with Nanao during the break too, and to think that he is the reason the poor boy is shooting. Honestly he doesn't seem to deserve it. Nanao might really love him to take that kind of abuse, and I don't think this is the first time Kacchan snapped at him either.

I loved how Shuu 'roasted' Seiya in the end though, I mean, how he said it to his face. lol I wouldn't go as far as saying that Seiya doesn't love archery, after all I barely know him since all of his screen time has been only "Minato, Minato, Minato." Just in this episode he was jealous of Minato thinking about Shuu before the match, jealous of Minato talking with Nanao during the break after he had been asked to leave him alone, and jealous of Shuu getting closer to Minato again, using his condition as an excuse. He needs to improve as a character if he is going to be at least a bit likeable.
Dec 9, 2018 4:13 PM

Apr 2008
I was surprised at how overjoyed I was at the shots in the second half!! :D

Really liked how we got more insight into Nanao. Also the exchanges Minato and then Seiya had with Shuu at the end, though both for completely different reasons.
Dec 9, 2018 4:39 PM

May 2018
Looking forward to the showdown between Shu and Minato
Dec 9, 2018 5:31 PM

Apr 2009
Shuu's words towards Seiya at the end.. ouch, that hurt.
Dec 9, 2018 7:09 PM

Jul 2016
Uhm, it was an ok episode for me. I wasn't as anxious about the groups competition as I would have liked but well, I guess it can't be helped. At least, I found the second part of the ep. a bit more entertaining.

Regarding the episode, I liked the way they use the weather to express the different situations of Kazemai's team. Being all cloudy and grey when they were nervous and insecure but sunny and bright when they regained their confidence, especially Minato, whose first shot was indeed beautiful. I liked how they handle the animation there.

That aside, personally, I also want to know more about the accident Minato had. It must have been a very serious one since the attitude he had when he was a kid was so different from the one he has now. I suppose that change is related to said accident so I'm curious about that.

And that last scene tho... Seiya has been an enigma so far. I don't really know what to think about him and with what Shuu said, I want to know why he's so "obsessed" with Minato.
Dec 9, 2018 7:33 PM
Nov 2018
Pknoctis said:
Onogi is the most annoying character in this show. He talks such a big talk but misses nearly all his shots. Thankfully, the pink haired kid put him in his place.

Anyways, glad that Minato is finally getting back on his feet and that they somehow made it through the preliminaries.

i agree on this. he kind of ruined the soothing vibe of this episode with his loud talking. -_-
Dec 9, 2018 10:06 PM

Aug 2017
I really like the scene with Nanao and Kacchan. At least they passed the preliminaries!

Interesting, Shu has held positive feelings towards Minato all this time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 9, 2018 10:09 PM

Jul 2017
I wish they reflected more on the reasoning for Minato's target panic since the solution felt a bit too convenient, but regardless, I kinda liked this episode.
Dec 9, 2018 10:19 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good episode!

Second half of the episode was especially more intriguing to watch and impactful. Minato regaining back his form here felt too convenient of sorts but that’s what a team can do to you, so that’s nice to see! Onogi and the others replying back with accurate shots was really nice to see, too! Minato thanking Onogi there and then the shy and nervy Onogi’s reply was hilarious to watch. I seriously started to despise him during the first half but thankfully he let go of his ulterior motives. Nanako really played the bad guy role there to lift Onogi and that’s amazing! Meanwhile, it seems as though Shu’s remark on Seiya is right on the mark here, I’m not particularly looking forward to more drama but oh well. Shu’s conversation there with Minato at the end was a great addition, I’m looking forward to seeing how Minato will respond to all this on a practical basis.

All in all, a pretty eventless and dire first half but it was good set up for the interesting second half to come by and astonish us! Animation, as expected of KyoAni, has been magnificent and it’s nice to see extra bit effort put into these meaningful moments.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 9, 2018 10:35 PM

May 2017
Nice episode,loved the tension that was going around the episode.

Btw does any one knows the episode count for the series ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2018 11:12 PM

Dec 2016
In the last scene it was like Shu was indirectly saying that Seiya loves Minato and doesn't love archery XD
Dec 9, 2018 11:40 PM

Mar 2012
Am I the only one who found it funny how Seiya is like a ninja?
Dec 10, 2018 12:35 AM
May 2014
dzn018 said:
Am I the only one who found it funny how Seiya is like a ninja?

I concur! He is like wherever Minato is, he would be in the background somewhere. LOL
Dec 10, 2018 5:04 AM
Jul 2016
I like the episode because it has the right amounts of everything... from the humor of the play-janken, to the tension of the first half, to the release of tension from that beautiful shot, to the threat of rivalry, to the shock of reality hitting. A nice episode with great progression indeed.
Dec 10, 2018 6:34 AM
Apr 2018
I dunno know but I felt bad for Seiya. Maybe he really cared for Minato so much.
Dec 10, 2018 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
What Shuu said to Minato seemed familiar. I got a sense of déjà vu from somewhere else lol.

Looking at Seiya, he just seems like your typical clingy obsessive gf acting all jealous towards anyone who approaches her bf. It was good that he got a major reality check from Shuu. I fully support the boys and hope they’ll continue to improve. Looking forward for more beautiful shots from Minato!
maigyoDec 10, 2018 7:01 AM
Dec 10, 2018 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The first half was pretty hard for the boys as none of them were able to hit accurately but they managed to pull themselves together for the second half.

The archery is great to watch as always. Loved the moment where Minato finally shot the target.

Shu was pretty harsh to Seiya at the end. :(
Dec 10, 2018 9:58 AM

Mar 2016
It was a good episode , i like the character personalities! Now we wait to see the next episode :3

Dec 10, 2018 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode, I'm glad that they passed. And was it just me or did Shuu imply that Seiya loves Minato ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2018 2:50 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty sure it's all just your wishful thinking. To me, all it implied is that he doesn't have enough passion to push through the hardship of Archery. The same is true in all sports related anime I've watched.

Besides...
Dec 11, 2018 8:57 AM

Dec 2016
So all it took for Minato to overcome his target panic and land an arrow right in the bullseye like a pro was just a peptalk from Nanao?

The power of anime
Dec 11, 2018 8:19 PM

Oct 2015
The guys sure did an incredible comeback, particularly Minato. I guess welcome back my guy.

That was mean of Shu to say those things to Seiya.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 12, 2018 2:58 AM

Oct 2008
Nice! Kazemai has passed the preliminaries!
I did not like the way Shuu acted in from of Seiya! Who the hell is he to dictate that he doesn't love archery!?
5/5.

Dec 12, 2018 10:45 AM
Jul 2013
maigyo said:
What Shuu said to Minato seemed familiar. I got a sense of déjà vu from somewhere else lol.

The deja vu might come from free! tbh lol I felt like this scene was straight up taken from the free movie (their middle school days) where Makoto was also presented with a question whether he actually love swimming or he just loves Haru. I really feel like this is how Seiya's characters arc is gonna look like lol
Dec 14, 2018 6:32 PM

Sep 2017
Onogi was being a bit of a tool for the first part of this ep, but I really loved how Nanao was able to put him in his place. Even after being told that he doesn't take archery seriously he just destroys him by basically saying "what does that say about you if I'm hitting more shots." It was nice to see the team actually put in a decent effort in the end.

Shu slightly raises his "bad guy" meter at the end, but really it's more like he just wants Minato back as a sort of supporting rival. Makes sense since they were shooting together for all that time. He also called out Seiya for seeming to only be concerned with Minato's well being. I kinda felt something like this would happen. What really matters if what Seiya will do to grow his character from here.
Dec 15, 2018 6:42 AM

Nov 2007
FuMomo-kun said:

I love what Shuu said to Seiya. However, do kids really talk like that? I think that conversation would be a lot more meaningful if adults were having it. Maybe, I should just accept it. If fictional teenagers talked like real teenagers, nobody would be interested in the story, not even actual teenagers.

that's exactly what i was thinking...they are 15 or something please. But yeah, can't have them talking like real kids i guess:')
Dec 17, 2018 12:11 AM

Dec 2016
Depressing episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 1, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
Sinto uma melhora no anime e uma evolução nos personagens e nas próprias partidas.
Jan 14, 2019 2:27 PM

Apr 2012
Was already thinking this the previous episode, but Shuu lines are great, both sophisticated and cutting deep.
Feb 8, 2019 9:02 PM

Jun 2014
Okay, things are actually starting to get exciting now. We finally got to see Minato hit the target. Let's hope that he continues to get better.

But whoa, Shu really shot Seiya down badly. It seems that Shu is attempting to steal Minato away from him.

Dec 29, 2019 9:09 AM

Mar 2018
I am so in love with this show and it is a shame that it flew so much under the radar because it is excellent. I was truly holding my breath during the episode and was so happy when things started to improve in the second half. Minato is slowly but steadily improving, which is really great.
Apr 15, 2022 7:51 AM

Feb 2020
Minato has improved a lot. Good for him.

Onogi is still such a tsundere. :P
Aug 27, 2022 8:36 AM
Apr 2022
Oct 2, 2022 8:18 PM

Aug 2019
I’m proud of Minato. He finally got it.

It seems Seiya is in fact in love with Minato. Thank Shu for stating the obvious 💀

Anyways, Shu reminds me so much of Rin from Free haha
Sun_ChanOct 2, 2022 8:39 PM
Oct 15, 2022 5:49 PM
Mar 2020
bro everyones hating on shu for what he said to seiyu but he's actually completely right. as much as i love seiyu he's really just chasing after minato (chasing after mminatos what is debatable lmao)
Jan 6, 2023 6:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh really happy that they succeeded since it's already a big improvement compared to the beginning xD
Jan 15, 2023 8:44 PM

Oct 2015
Seiya was caught staring at Minato in 4k lmao! It should be labeled as canon that Seiya has a huge crush on Minato. It's one-sided tho. :')

Ahh... what a disaster. Everyone was so stiff. Everyone had something in their mind (Minato def in Seiya's). Nanao was the only one who was in good condition... and maybe Seiya. When Kaito shouted at Nanao, I snapped at him for the first time, saying "Bakayaro Kaito, BAKAYARO KAITO!" lol me being a weab! XD But well, we got to hear Nanao's reason for playing and it was mostly Kaito. It was so sweet cause Nanao knew him the most so he knew how to handle him. Oh man... I would've shipped them if they weren't cousins. :')

The next round was better. Everyone started shooting better after Minato's beautiful... beautiful shot. I fell in love there, I admit. It was like time stopped and I felt goosebumps all over my body. That was really beautiful. I'm proud of Minato. That was why he was the occhi. :')

Aaand they passed! Really happy for them. Minato got a head pat from Masaki so there went my rotten braincell again shipping them. :')

Shuu basically confessed to Minato. "I need you." "You changed my life." "You need to take responsibility." He invited Minato to "reach greater heights" with him. Yup. Marriage proposal. :')

Of course things became heated between Shuu and Seiya. I can't believe I'm still watching a sports anime cause this seems like a kdrama already or something lol! Look at these two fighting over a guy! XD

Shuu's words proved me right. Seiya doesn't love archery. It isn't archery that he loves. It is Minato. :')

Oh man. I wanna hug Seiya. He's my best boi in this series. :')

:')
RedfoxAkameJan 15, 2023 8:50 PM
   HuaLian <3
Jan 16, 2023 2:42 AM

May 2015
The secret is to believe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

47 by nushrathumaira »»
Aug 18, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

92 by Letizia_Lento »»
Aug 9, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2019

47 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2018

47 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

75 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.