Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 16, 2017 2:48 AM

Jun 2012
The beginning was sort of slow, and i almost quit halfway through but came back after re-starting Shirobako. It was definitely worth sticking through - the humor definitely picked up and hooked me close to the end of the episode. Hoping P.A. Works doesn't disappoint!
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Apr 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2012
-I'm getting Non Non Biyori vibes from the backgrounds in the OP, and a Shirobako vibe from the MC
-They're actually starting this working girls show from the middle of the application process
-wow what a fuckin ride
-that one guy in the corner is just playing go while the big boss goes off
-the scenery's pretty nice
-chupakabura L O R E, also all the people at the coronation were old people
-yo are those sleeping bag pajamas? this is truly the future
-dorm manager seems pretty chill
-yoshino's fateful encounter with a bard
-yo this music is pretty swanky
-the whole staged chupacabra scene was actually pretty fuckin hilarious. reminds me of the power rangers marathon on twitch
-that guilt trip though. the tourism bureau can't really be blamed though
-instant goosebumps when they panned to the 100000th guest photo
-the ED is pretty nice
-rest in pieces yoshino's excuses

So the first thing of note about this show was the presence of actual charater introductions rather than the thing with the namecards that Shirobako did. I absolutely hated the first half of Shirobako because of that, and I'm super glad in this show they're going with the traditional storytelling route of starting the story from the beginning. Also, the characters seem to capture that comfy, small rural town feel, especially with the dorm manager and that shop owner. Speaking of comfy rural towns, the art in the backgrounds was pretty relaxing, as well. This show seems to be promising, but it's still in the whole setting introduction phase so I'll withhold a full judgment for later.

Apr 16, 2017 8:28 PM

Feb 2017
Cute. Was funny at times and pretty much a fun thing to watch.
Apr 18, 2017 1:16 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
"Local Headline: Pink-Haired Woman Beats Up Elderly Man Dressed in Chupacabara Costume"
There's a charm to this! It's slice-of-life-esque but I also want to know how things will turn out!
ALSO, the setting is nostalgic. Reminds me of Boron, CA if it had a cute attraction in it-- I mean, it kinda does, but... actually yeah it's pretty much Boron, CA.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 18, 2017 2:22 AM

Apr 2015
lol, Yoshino looks like Aoi with pink hair... maybe they're sisters??
the story is similar to kuma miko Amagi Brilliant park...
really like the character design, PA work doing a great job...
btw the OP and ED is good too
Apr 18, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2014
Hey that was pretty good. The ending where they revealed that Yoshino has indeed been to the town once added a great little touch to it, I'm looking forward to how it unfolds.
Apr 25, 2017 7:56 AM

Feb 2017
Finally find a Gem among all the disapointment this season. AotS right there for me
Apr 26, 2017 6:37 AM

Aug 2009
Loving the character designs, backgrounds and animation. The episode had a few laugh out loud moments for me, especially the dude in the bus talking about nose hair and Koharu running away from the green "monster".

4/5, this might be an enjoyable ride.
May 15, 2017 4:38 AM

Jun 2016
I like the laid-back atmosphere, and the character/costume desgings are absolutely gorgeous. This will be my go-to show, when I'm sick of this season's fighting.
Jun 11, 2017 6:35 PM
Jun 2017
I think that I am going to really enjoy this anime, although I'm not gonna lie I was a little bit confused in the beginning of the show. For example when the main character was talking about her happiest memory for some reason my brain thought that she was actually crowned a legit queen as a child and that she had maybe come from some fantasy land, but then again I'm not the brightest sometimes. All in all I like the little bits of humor through out the episode and I think that all the characters that were introduced so far are interesting, so I'm excited to see what else this anime has to offer.
Jul 29, 2017 10:06 AM

Jun 2016
That was a fun episode especially with them trying to prevent Yoshino from going back to Tokyo. Epic. Haha. Loved the 1st episode, will definitely continue watching it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 25, 2017 9:51 PM

Mar 2016
It's like Shirobako but more relaxed, I love this
kikiabdullSep 27, 2017 8:06 AM
Oct 22, 2017 7:40 AM
Jul 2017
Yeah, definitely feel Hanasaku Iroha's atmosphere with Amagi Brilliant Park's story. :sigh:
I kind of enjoy both of those series :sigh: and I always find P.A Works anime enjoy-able :sigh:

What is this low tension feelings.. :sigh:
You know, Amagi have high comedy to fill tension of each episode.. Iroha have high-tension female protagonist and male heroines. While this show.. :sigh:

I just hope there will be any kind of male friend inside the mc's daily life story.
Oct 31, 2017 11:53 AM

May 2012
Quite lovely episode I must say, especially that ending! Looking forwards to see what this series has to offer!
Jan 5, 2018 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
that is amusing countryside girls who dislikes countryside is being trapped in countryside :)
Mar 17, 2018 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
I'm having some Shirobako and Hanasaku Iroha vibes from this, both of which I love quite a lot, so I'm definitely continuing with this.
Best part was Koharu backing off the bus when she saw that weirdo in the back :'D
May 24, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2017
Good start.

Yoshino doesn't find a job. After a misunderstanding, she becomes the 'Queen' of his job lol.

That old dude is weird but funny. Shiori is cute.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 14, 2018 6:15 AM
Jun 2016
So I've watched the first episode of Sakura Quest. Basically, this girl named Yoshino Koharu had a dream or memory in the past where she was coronated as queen. She wasn't sure if it actually happened or if it was just a dream. Fast forward to the events of the first episode and skipping to the part I want to talk about, she actually got a job at a rural area where she gets coronated in a play as part of a tourism advert. Albeit the anime shows it as crude and not as good as the one in her dreams or memories.

The point I'm trying to make is parallelism. You see, for me, I've always wished and fantasized about having friendship similar to the ones in fictional entertainment. That corresponds to the dream or memory Yoshino Koharu had. I have and had friends, and had good moments with them, but it's not quite close to the friendship I'm aiming for. That corresponds to the crude "reenactment" of her and gives of the same feeling. The feeling that while I haven't "exactly" made my dream into reality, at least the dream has a rough recreation in reality and that it should do. While I'm not saying that I don't like my friends, in fact, I genuinely love them. I'm just generally not content with what I have and I want more.

Although towards the end of the episode, Yoshino found a picture of her younger self being coronated at the same place. So basically, the dream or memory she was having actually happened. The reason why the anime showed that the dream was more refined is because she was younger. She could probably not remember it properly or that she was more imaginative at that time.

So yeah, the ending kind of removed the parallelism I've noticed while watching the anime. But still.
May 13, 2019 10:59 PM

Jan 2011
Trying to claim chupacabras as Japanese in origin, smh.
Apr 21, 2020 10:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Finally giving this a shot! Freesia is just as fantastic as ever (one of my favorite EDs of all time in fact) and I'm getting some really strong Hanasaku Iroha vibes from this, and it is totally why I'm here!

Op is brilliant too, as expected of (K)NoW_NAME.

Chupakuporo (or however it's spelled) scene was hilarious, definitely expecting a ton more of these gold moments lol. Loli Aoi with the Crown was really adorable though.

Such is fate I suppose, she's back to bring this city to life now I imagine. I can't help but get my hopes up for this but we'll see how it goes...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 16, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2016
A decent start for me, I think this show will be a good one just as I expected.

Rorek said:
Stark700 said:

Adorable

OMG! Pink Loli Aoi
adorable is not enough.
Mar 27, 2021 1:56 PM

Feb 2020
Nice and relaxing first episode. The animation is beautiful and our main character is a very likeable person.

That Chupacabra segment was so funny. :D
Aug 5, 2022 2:53 AM

Dec 2018
hope she changes her mind. cities are soulless, noisy, crowded, shitholes with no culture. good first episode.
Jan 15, 2023 2:06 PM
Mar 2014
It was actually fairly fun, I liked her trying to get a job in the city and the old dude trying to trick her and getting hospitalized was funny
Jul 16, 2023 1:32 AM

Sep 2017
she hot the mc. muh queen

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.