Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2009 9:17 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah. "Before" the nuclear holocaust? I was under the impression that that happened a long time ago. Looks like it's only been 20 years, at most. Not sure I like that.

New enemy looks kind of interesting. Mad scientist/martial artist. Now there's a combination I've never seen before.
Feb 21, 2010 9:02 AM

Jan 2010
4 out of 5: Liked it
Sig deleted for being too large.
Feb 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
Indeed martial artist/doctor is one I haven't seen before. I wonder why Toki became evil...maybe the nuclear war and all those people dying did it
Oct 14, 2010 10:52 PM

Apr 2009
As Bart said: "LYNN NO BAKAYAROOOO!!!!"
Dec 31, 2010 1:38 AM

Sep 2007
I really hope that the next opponent isn't actually Toki, but an impostor. On a lighter note, did anyone else notice that the "bear" fighter looks suspiciously like Zangief? lol.
Mar 30, 2012 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
Why do you have to keep messing everything up, Lynn?
I was wondering about the nuclear war. If it's only been a couple of years, how has humanity degraded so quickly? Why doesn't anyone talk about the olden days? Wouldn't there be radiation everywhere?
Oct 18, 2012 7:24 PM

Jun 2010
I also thought it'd been at least a few generations since the war. Not sure I like the decision. This has seemed more like a decayed, tired world than one that should still be reeling from the shock of sudden, catastrophic change.

But maybe it's doing a thing about how the horror of the war warped the goodhearted Toki into an insane monster.

I never really minded Lynn until now; it's pretty silly the way she's gone out of her way to get herself into danger.
Oct 30, 2012 10:23 AM

Nov 2010
WingZero1223 said:
I really hope that the next opponent isn't actually Toki, but an impostor. On a lighter note, did anyone else notice that the "bear" fighter looks suspiciously like Zangief? lol.

It was totally Zangief! That was the first thing I thought when I saw him.
Jan 10, 2013 5:59 AM

Jun 2008
Lynn can't help herself, she must always do stupid things. Someone should give her a good beating to stop that bullshit.

So this brother was nice and suddenly became evil? WTF? If he was a humanist kind of guy and went crazy by seeing all the people die from the nuclears then i guess it would make sense but he was a nice guy even after and was healing the people in that village but he suddenly lost it. That's strange.

rlayer said:
Why do you have to keep messing everything up, Lynn?
I was wondering about the nuclear war. If it's only been a couple of years, how has humanity degraded so quickly? Why doesn't anyone talk about the olden days? Wouldn't there be radiation everywhere?

I don't get why you guys consider it so weird that it has only been a few years and not generations ago.
If there is a nuclear holocaust then the earth would be in such a state immediately, there is no quickly. People will just be struggling for food and water and killing each other the next day. Considering the food products we saw etc it's logical that it only has been a few years and not generations.
Jul 17, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
Lynn is starting to get on my nerves...

Jezmund said:
WingZero1223 said:

It was totally Zangief! That was the first thing I thought when I saw him.

Thought the same thing as well xD
Oct 19, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
F*ck you Lynn, no one likes you. I know it's impossible but I wish some monster or deadly bandit would find her before Rei does. Such an annoying and idiotic character.

Badass Ken being badass. Loving the show.
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Mar 19, 2016 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
God damn it Lin, how many fraking times do you need to get told to stay put? She must have a death wish.
Jul 24, 2016 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
Lynn, why you do this? T_T
Nov 14, 2017 1:33 AM

Mar 2010
Toki was a good medical guy that wanted to help everyone and suddenly turns total evil? Seems very suspicious to me. The only reason I can see so far for this big turn is the possibility that the last 4th brother (what was his name again?) is behind all of it and will be the bigger picture enemy. Just speculation though.

Not too much happened otherwise in this episode, Lynn as annoying as ever and Ken got a new friend in that old vendor dude, I mean they really liked each other.
Feb 14, 2018 7:04 AM

Oct 2012
So it's Toki and Raoh
The apocalypse is not long time ago, huh.. What's the cause of it in the first place?

Zangief, wrong anime :P

Lin.. you're just a problem maker, you're making it hard for everyone
"Signature removed"
Sep 24, 2019 3:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Lynn, all she wanted is to help Kenshiro but she's stuck in a sandstorm...
Maybe Toki is manipulated by someone too.
We know the name of the four brothers now : Raoh, Toki, Jagi and Kenshiro.
Dec 24, 2019 1:24 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit lynn, just stay at that safe zone, don't go after Ken

So Kenshiro's two other brothers are named Raoh and Toki, and Toki looked like a pretty nice guy in the flashbacks I wonder what happened

Seeing that Kenshiro was already an full-grown before the nuclear war happened makes me wonder how much time has passed

Mar 20, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2017
Alas86 said:
As Bart said: "LYNN NO BAKAYAROOOO!!!!"

Sorry to quote such an old post but I was literally about to write the exact same thing. lol

I do actually think Rin is quite sweet, but even I felt like shouting at the screen this episode.
Jan 12, 2022 1:17 PM

Apr 2020
If they find Lynn again, they better chain her up to the bed from now on. Come on, Ken leaves you behind so you won't get in the way and still you manage to screw things up?

I was also a bit confused about the timeline. If it really happened during Ken's lifetime, things should be irradiated as fuck. But there were still normal food products like sausages and bottled drinks. Ah well, that's always the trick with post-apocalypse stories it seems. Mad Max also suffers bit of that problem, since Max also seems to remember stuff from "the old days".

The main question on my mind right now is: how did a good guy like Toki become an evil nazi scientist?
JezzmanJan 12, 2022 1:21 PM

Oct 8, 2023 6:37 PM
Jul 2023
This series is definitely starting to get better, but I'm beginning to get bored of Kenshiro not having any real challenges so far. The fist of the north star technique is so op and you can only be entertained by bodies exploding for so long. I don't even have the pretty art from the manga that I was used. I really hope Toki is a great antagonist. I'm much more interested in him than I was in Shin or Jagi
Jun 11, 8:36 AM

Jan 2018
We're going back to Kenshiro fighting weekly goons again. Kinda. Not minding Kenshiro going solo for now.

I think this was the first time we got to see how things were before the nuclear war. Very interesting. I thought the kid Toki treated was actually Kenshiro lol.

I'm not sure why people are surprised to find out that the nuclear disaster didn't happen a long time ago. The first episodes literally started with the intro that said the war occurred in 199X. And Kenshiro and the others very much implied that they lived life normally before the war. It just wasn't shown explicitly. Is it unrealistic? Very. But it's far from being the most unrealistic thing in this show and I don't consider this a pothole.

Kenshiro had plenty of time to save that poor sob but he didn't do anything. More like he waited until the guy expired. Poor bastard lol.

Goddammit Lin. Why do you have to be so dumb? How is going after Ken ALONE supposed to help anyone?! All she's doing is being a nuisance lol. But I do like Rei might join Kenshiro in the fight against Toki at some point.

Speaking of Toki, I wonder what the heck happened to him that changed him so much. I doubt it's the war and destruction making him mad. He very much lived for years after the bombs came down so he shouldn't suddenly get fazed by stuff like that.
0451Jun 12, 8:11 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.