Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2008 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode, pretty much just Chiko running away from a mob but I loved every minute of it. Good to see her use all the skills she learned with Twenty Faces. The "camera angles" from her point of view were awesome, I don't remember seeing it done like this before in an anime but what do I know.. :)

Only 3 episodes remaining, unfortunately.

Chiko cornered, look at those eyes!
kuroshiroiSep 20, 2008 2:57 PM
Sep 20, 2008 4:04 PM
Dec 2007
Wow this was bad. Pointless episode seeing there are only 4 left (3 after this one). The episode consists in a giant hide and seek game on land, water and then air, pretty much like in the xXx movies, but in the role of Vin Diesel, Chiko. No plot development, almost no character development (except maybe for Ken and the girl), no logic behind the movement of the mob, no realism, no psychology nothing. I do not ask for a "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" or a "The Wire" episode, but just something decent, and we have just an empty episode, that felt like a filler but was not which is quite sad. Can't they build something before they try to end the series ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 20, 2008 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
Sep 20, 2008 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
Sep 20, 2008 11:46 PM

Jun 2007
Jacut said:
Wow this was bad. Pointless episode seeing there are only 4 left (3 after this one). The episode consists in a giant hide and seek game on land, water and then air, pretty much like in the xXx movies, but in the role of Vin Diesel, Chiko. No plot development, almost no character development (except maybe for Ken and the girl), no logic behind the movement of the mob, no realism, no psychology nothing. I do not ask for a "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" or a "The Wire" episode, but just something decent, and we have just an empty episode, that felt like a filler but was not which is quite sad. Can't they build something before they try to end the series ?

Where we watching the same episode because almost everything you claim is lacking in this ep was there.

::Plot::
we now know for sure that the professor has plans to takeover or destroy tokyo using his 4th water form weapon. He also wants to destroy 20 faces and anyone that knows him in the process (thus the speech on the tower that caused the riot and mobs).

We also learn that 20 faces and the detective know each other to some extent, possibly past friends of colleges.

Ken and the other women learn a supposed weakness to the two kid fighters.

The people that have witnessed the harsh reality of war don't wont it to happen again thus lynching, riots, and mods accrue. Believe it or not, mobs don't require smart people or rationalization, only a common cause or goal they all believe in (ie. killing daughter of 20 faces might stop 20 faces from blowing up Tokyo). Sure it make not seem logical since we know who the real 20 faces is and that Chiko is bound to save the day but mobs and random people don't run on logic when in fear.

Sep 21, 2008 4:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
awesome camera angle just as someone mentionned before.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 21, 2008 7:56 PM

Apr 2008
Jacut said:
no logic behind the movement of the mob, no realism, no psychology nothing.

Whut. :| First off, mobs -never- have logic. Mob mentality often occurs in times of fear, where panic leads to irrational actions, with the potential of causing even close friends people who have known each other all their lives, to turn on each other. They latch on to a belief, logical or not, and hold on to it as if it would bring everything crashing down on them if they didn't. The paranoia often leads to death and meaningless destruction. This was -filled- with realism, and was psychologically sound. Now, if there -had- been logic behind their belief and actions, like a certain someone wanted, -then- this would have been completely stupid. Now, go learn about realism and psychology before commenting on them. ^_^
Sep 21, 2008 8:06 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Enjoyed it, even though nothing really happened :) I'm fearful to Tome-san, though, and I wish she'd just stayed at home! Lol. Although I know that's not in her character whatsoever.

Looking forward to finding out the kids' "weakness" :DD
Sep 22, 2008 5:40 AM

Jul 2007
kuroshiroi said:
The "camera angles" from her point of view were awesome, I don't remember seeing it done like this before in an anime but what do I know.. :)

I remember they did that in Black Lagoon.

noteDhero said:
I never want to hear "ya-ya-ya" again...lame

Lmao! It sure is lame.
Sep 23, 2008 4:23 AM

Feb 2008
I loved this episode. All the while I was just thinking "she's 13 and she's on the heels... and damn. how does she do that?" Chiko was really amazing... even more than so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2008 4:07 AM

Apr 2007
Oh god the ignorance of people piss me off... It's unfortunate that in a real situation that is exactly what people would do :/ ...

But is it just me, for when the hell did the general public hear that Chiko was the 'daughter of twenty-faces'... Aren't they all supposed to think she was tortured under him? When did this change? ...

Go Chiko~

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome episode x3
Too bad the show is ending but every bit of it is being so awesome... x3
OH, that Akechi/Nijuu Mensou moment reminded me of Javert/Jean Valjean from Les Misérables.. The police and the criminal... Just that Javert is really more obsessed with Jean Valjean than Akechi is with Nijuu Mensou.. Although that is probably explained from the fact that I suppose they both worked in that experience with the professor... Akechi always seemed to me than he knew too much =/
And Chiko's awesome! Crossing that cable in those boots with those heels O.o
Siing said:
But is it just me, for when the hell did the general public hear that Chiko was the 'daughter of twenty-faces'... Aren't they all supposed to think she was tortured under him? When did this change? ...

Newspapers rumored about Chiko being the heir of Nijuu Mensou's legacy :3
Oct 5, 2008 1:24 AM

Aug 2008
It was good...especially Chiko running around and jumping over buildings...(wow..)
And it seems Ken and the woman found the 2 "monsters" weakness...interesting..
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 9, 2008 10:45 AM

May 2008
I enjoyed the episode.
Any idea when then next one will be out though?
Oct 11, 2008 5:09 PM

Feb 2008
Nezerchin said:
I enjoyed the episode.
Any idea when then next one will be out though?

whenver Live-eviL finally release it
Oct 16, 2008 4:32 AM

Feb 2008
argggghhh, come on live evil. its been 3 weeks since the series finished. and we still dont even have eps 20

edit: Ive just found out that apparrently they are in QC mode, i.e quality control, for eps 20 according to there website.

according to there website, they do like 3 rounds of testing before releasing an episode.
and also eps 21 is code TL whatever that means
5hreddyOct 18, 2008 4:05 PM
Oct 20, 2008 4:16 PM
Nov 2007
5hRreDDy said:
argggghhh, come on live evil. its been 3 weeks since the series finished. and we still dont even have eps 20

edit: Ive just found out that apparrently they are in QC mode, i.e quality control, for eps 20 according to there website.

according to there website, they do like 3 rounds of testing before releasing an episode.

Thanks for the info and please keep us updated.
Oct 21, 2008 6:47 PM
Feb 2008
5hRreDDy said:

That's been on their website in that stage since at least 9/25 with no changes; page for the project 404's also. I believe raws for 19-21 came out about the same time also. Show link in the forums hasn't budged either. However, the site is active again with releases starting mid October after a few weeks of nothing, so hope still exists I guess.
Oct 22, 2008 11:31 PM

May 2008
I crave an ending to this series...
May 21, 2009 5:16 PM

Feb 2009
Pitiful they deserve to be massacred!
Jul 24, 2012 10:25 PM
Feb 2008
I think this is the first time they've shown Chiko to be tired after all of her Batman-esque activities.

Ken and the researcher girl make an interesting couple surprisingly. There's something about her cool calculating ways tied in with her freaky powers and Ken's hotheaded ruggedness

How the hell did they know where Chiko was anyway? I guess they saw her from afar. Feel like this series would be perfect for a YA novel series.
Jun 13, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2013
"Let's kill the kid because that will totally make everything bad go away." Stupid mob. But then again they're not really thinking that's why they're called a mob :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 11, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
-I saw a tower in the distance I known I must get there.
So I run on top of the buildings from mad mob chasing me, I was really tired, but i thought " I can do it". I was jumping from a roof top to a roof top till I ended near wide river and I was cornered.....
-And, how you escaped from there?
-Ah yea then my friend came with a flying ship and picked me up.

PS I don't know why I thought she will escape alone from the mob.
Jun 21, 9:24 AM

Dec 2022
This anime has been sort of stuck in a rut ever since the experimental, invincible superhumans were introduced. It's not doing the intrigue that was present in the first few episodes any favours.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gioss - May 19, 2008

85 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 20, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 24, 2008

25 by todd2580 »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 22 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 17, 2009

36 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 4, 2008

23 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:01 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 13 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 28, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.