Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Princess Resurrection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2010 6:59 PM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol they ripped out Back in Black

Anyways, it was... ok, nothing special really.

The CGIs as always look lame in actions sequences, but well, budget and shit.
Dec 11, 2010 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
It was okay. I was expecting something a little different. Was that story even in the manga because I was under the impression generally OVAs/OADs followed the manga story more... anyway... the CGI sucked hard.
The animation, I enjoyed quite a lot.

I hope the next episode will be better than this. Also... it needed more Sylvia. Everything needs more Sylvia. And all she got was a mention in this.

"All my Battles have Been Won
But the War has Just Begun!"
Dec 11, 2010 8:49 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't like it.
The animation was horrible, the graphics looked odd and warped in some places, the humor wasn't very good, if it had any at all it slipped past me.
As for the new voices, nothing personal against the seiyū, but the original voices were better for the part.
Dec 11, 2010 10:17 PM

Jul 2009
Ehhh it was okay. The animation was weak and the CG looked silly. I was annoyed when they skipped right to morning at the end, too. The whole thing was weak.
Dec 12, 2010 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
Animation sucked. Speaking of sucking, the finger lick was erotic.
Yea, it was weak sauce but better than a typical previous episode
Dec 12, 2010 1:39 AM

Apr 2009
Yui doing Reiri's voice does not match at all.
Dec 12, 2010 1:43 AM

May 2010
I thought that it was pretty good although i thought they could of done without the CG and I liked the original Seiyu but all in all I still enjoyed the episode but hopefully they improve as the next OVA comes out
Dec 12, 2010 2:01 AM

Feb 2010
nahhh...Gotta say this...

I'm not used to the voice...and their faces...

Hime's face is....gaRRR...the last one was better (in terms of design not detail)...

though thank God they changed Hiro's seiyuu...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 12, 2010 4:53 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
This is rly weird o.o Hiro new sound weird... well 1 thing i like here. Seems hiro can become something rly powerful (clip when hes hair changed white and eyes changed also) seems hiro has here awesome powers so i think it might me good alternative.. but i dont like much new characters animation
Dec 12, 2010 5:24 AM

Jun 2010
very low budgeted anime! The Animation was.. Horrible. The Graphic are really odd as, someone said before and there wasn't too much humor, I only like the loli, fuga.. ;D

Dec 12, 2010 5:45 AM

May 2008
The animation was better quality-wise overall I think, but the totally different style threw me off. The background art and the characters didn't seem to match at all and the CGI made the difference even harder on the eyes. All in all it visually looked like a whole bunch of fuga.

The story also didn't make much sense at all. "Lets jut make up junk so we have an excuse to make more money" was what I thought of it in the end. There wasn't even the least bit of an excuse for me to want to watch the second episode, if there will be one. Granted, I probably will if I have time just to see if things get better, but if they don't this OVA is going to go into File 13 for me.
Dec 12, 2010 12:31 PM

Jul 2008
I loved it. Big fan of the series, hope this get another anime adaptation! <3
Its been forever since I've heard 'Fuga!' lol

and to everyone else, may you burn in hell for having trash opinions haha~
Dec 12, 2010 1:58 PM
Nov 2007
looooooved it. Though I don't remember this part happening in the manga I still really liked the animation and the blood! but yeah a lot better than the original series and I hope for a lot more to come.
Dec 12, 2010 11:42 PM

Apr 2010
Personally, I loved it. Serious WIN!

I was so pleased to find that it was a continuation of the old series, not a reboot. I hate it when companies decide that they don't feel like inventing new stories, so they just retell shit.
Dec 13, 2010 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
I know OVA looked bad comparing to Anime, but I heard that the art is near manga.

Personally for one that didn't watch anime series, I liked the OVA. Though it was so bloody.

The last few minutes after ED was so funny (funnier than the main part), though.

Miyu-Miyu (OVA ver. of Hiro) FTW!!
tsubasaloverDec 13, 2010 9:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2010 1:04 AM
Feb 2009
Meh, don't really like how they drew Hime. Her face feels a bit... elongated. That said, win episode is win. Animation is a huge upgrade from the failure that was the original anime series -- which I dropped. I actually haven't read the manga in a while, but I think they did a very good job of making something that the manga fans would like. Looking forward to more of this.

By the way, the ED rock. Fuga, fuga, fuga...
Ami-chwanDec 15, 2010 1:07 AM
Dec 15, 2010 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
Such a nice step up from the cheap TV series, whose only redeeming point was it's amusing ED. The only thing I hated were the CG true dark walker horde. I'm so glad this being a short ova means that Hiro's stupid airheaded sister has even less significance than she already did. The old VAs much more fitting for their roles except for Hiro, who got a nice new voice. The biggest offender would be Aki Toyosaki as Reiri though, what a miscast.
Dec 15, 2010 1:08 PM
Apr 2009
I really loved what they did with this. Being a fan of the manga, the TV series really put me off. I'm so glad they brought back and darkness and sensuality of the blood. As to the art and voice acting that others have issues with. I didn't watch the TV series beyond the first episode because I was crushed at how different it was from the manga, so I'm going into this with a fresh start and am enjoying it so far.
Dec 15, 2010 9:37 PM

Sep 2008
Not sure where they are going with this OVA, glad they are getting the characters quickly and I like how it's a bit more violent too. Problem is the animation seems to be a step down and I truly miss Reiri's old voice.
Dec 16, 2010 12:11 AM
Nov 2010
Good: New Seiyu, Great fight scene, Has BLOOD!!!
Bad: Art's kinda lame, short-lived.

It was pretty good :D
Dec 16, 2010 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
animation : sucks
story : sucks
voices : sucks
fuga : good
really dislike it ;_;
Dec 17, 2010 9:28 PM
Aug 2008
i just watched this, wow the zombie-vapire is really dumb. Its their brain rotten or something lol.

why doing all the hassle and failed. They should just go to the MCB (main circuit breaker) and turn off the whole eletricity on that house.

or if want to be extreme, just cut the powerlines.
Dec 19, 2010 9:41 AM

Dec 2010
I dont like how their faces are done, but i like hiro's new voice and overall it looks alot better than the old series.
Dec 22, 2010 4:25 PM
May 2009
Personally, I loved the anime (though I agree that the manga's better). So I was pretty psyched for more, and this didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, that's about all it did -- not disappoint. I was hoping to see something awesome enough to explain the change in VAs, studios, etc.

There was also too much "it's an OVA, so let's show what we can't show on TV." It's nice that Hime gets to use actual blood for her blood warriors now -- that's a manga touch, as is Super Hiro -- but did we really need the panty shots? Did Sawawa need that bizarre Gainaxing? Hell, even Riza is suddenly huge-chested.

I kinda liked the zombie vampires as a concept, but they were pretty unimpressive as a threat. Bad enough to be vampires who get hurt in artificial light (can you imagine how that would disgust Alucard from Hellsing?); even worse that they lost just by not doing their research, like the fish-men who didn't realize blood warriors had to die first. And what happens to that vampire that got some of Hime's blood? He got the regeneration power, so shouldn't he get the duties too?

So sure, I had fun with this. I always enjoy hanging out with the Princess Resurrection gang. But I hope the next episode will be more than just another episode of the show with a few manga twists.

Reinhard- said:
lol they ripped out Back in Black

?
Dec 22, 2010 5:18 PM

Feb 2010
I fell asleep.
Dec 23, 2010 9:46 AM

Dec 2008
I liked it. It's got me interested in the original adaptation now.
Dec 23, 2010 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
Excellent change! Back when I saw this, it good but I prefer the serious setting this one gave off. For example the beginning of it, Hime giving blood to Hiro, just the blood and Hime's finger were more a serious tone. During the fight against the werewolf Wildman Hiro's wound was more serious and the blood gore was incredible.

On the other hand Hime's panty shots and a better art of her breasts was fan service good.
In the original series the fan service was stale, perhaps now it would have been better to have some and serious blood like this version. Reiri's breast grabbing, black panties and ass, was delicious fan service of her not common at all in the original series. I also like the Truedarkwalker part with CG.

Finally good to see some old faces like Flandre, Riza and Sawawa. I hope they put in the second OVA Sherwood.
Yumekichi11Dec 23, 2010 3:11 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 29, 2010 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
it was ok for some reason they decided to do something like a remake of the series, like they got rid of the flame of life and hiro can actually be useful in this but the animation was better in the way that it looked nicer but the characters just looked weird specially Hiro's sister she was much better looking in the original anime.
Jan 5, 2011 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
There was really nothing special that could catch my attention. Mediocre episode at best (not that I expected anything special *sigh*)
I rarelly say this, but I'm glad that there's going to be only one more episode, otherwise I'd have dropped it already.
Jan 11, 2011 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
As a big fan of Princess Resurrection, I really, really enjoy this so far. Going in, I wasn't sure what to expect; I didn't want a rehash of the beginning because we already have that, and picking up where the manga chronologically is as far as story progression goes wouldn't make any sense, as new people giving Princess Resurrection a first try would be confused.
I felt like I was reading a chapter of the manga, where the pattern is "fight the monster of the day", so this was a big thumbs up for me. It gave fans what the PG- rated TV series couldn't have (fan service and blood), the dirty rock soundtrack was pretty cool, and the grainy animation actually augmented the mood of a classic horror movie (although the CG was fairly cheesy. The villain looked like Reaver from the Legacy of Kain games).
I think this is a big win, and a pretty damn awesome OAV.
Apr 14, 2011 5:49 PM

Jul 2009
It looks as if they blew the budget on the robot and the cannon; which appeared in lovely 3D, yet the characters were very cheaply drawn in comparrison to the series.
As for the episode in general; the plot was OK, the action was good and it's great to see this serise finally getting some attention.

Apr 23, 2011 1:34 AM
Mar 2010
Is it remake of TV episodes or is it continuing TV episodes?
Jun 19, 2011 12:16 AM

Jul 2010
wow, hiro actually looks and IS more realible in this version. he isnt scared as shit as he was in the other version.

Feb 18, 2014 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
At least it looks like the manga.
The anime should have done this.
May 23, 2014 8:39 PM

Mar 2014
Like the Art !! kinda like the manga's art. It became more Like a realistic one in some ways.
The Action scenes are great!!
The Gore Scenes Exceeded more from the former TV series so its a bit more violence.
They Change some scenes though. They Use Blood instead of Fire for Hiro.
New Seiyu for Hiro! He became a bit more manly.
I can seem to see that there's some New seiyus too other than Hiro.
Those Zombie-like Monsters are like the ones that came from Video Games . CGIs like that also looks like the monsters from : I am Legend movie.
Good OVA overall .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
Definitely better than the series just because of the blood. Madhouse was pussy to show some gore. Lol
The original series had better VA though.
Jun 24, 2016 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
It was okay, the athmosphere fits beter as a horror compared to the other version, but lacks some passion.
True Dark Walkers are weak as hell, I'm surprised the moonlight didn't kill them XD
Aug 17, 2018 9:16 PM

Nov 2016
Thought it was pretty decent. The whole zombie thing was somewhat interesting I guess. However felt that they got defeated way too easily. Though I guess it's not much different from the original TV series with how easy an opponent might be defeated. It did feel weird with how different their faces looked and such. Good thing is that Hiro doesn't sound nor seem like a total wuss. Maybe someone might be able to help me out but should I have went to the manga first and read to this part? Because they seem to do things differently and for all I know a lot of the TV series stuff were likely executed different as well.
May 1, 2021 6:36 AM
Dec 2018
If you liked the original series you won't like this one. Everything is slightly off and the story was extremely rushed. And if had never seen the first shows nor read the manga you would totally lost at what is going on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Resurrection (OVA) Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 9, 2011

22 by TechOtaku »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:00 AM

» PV to Princess Resurrection (OVA)

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2010

4 by TheDeadWalk »»
May 1, 2021 6:40 AM

» Do you think that the author should have made a 2nd season rather than just a 3 episode OVA?

Nasty001 - Oct 27, 2011

4 by TheDeadWalk »»
May 1, 2021 6:38 AM

Poll: » Princess Resurrection (OVA) Episode 3 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Oct 13, 2011

28 by RafaelDeJongh »»
Sep 6, 2020 5:49 PM

» Princess Resurrection OVA Soundtrack?

Wiresetc - Nov 8, 2011

0 by Wiresetc »»
Nov 8, 2011 4:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.