Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2008 9:28 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So why didn't the the blithering idiots, i mean, protagonists just go out through massive hole in the ceiling?
Jul 22, 2008 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
I was wondering the same thing and I have no idea. Maybe the hole was too small and they had to open the airlock to get out of the ship?
Jan 8, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
yeah, that was a head scratcher.
Jan 19, 2009 5:44 AM
Oct 2008
Who else had no idea that alien leader guy is so huge?
Feb 11, 2009 4:58 PM

Apr 2007
takedowned said:
Who else had no idea that alien leader guy is so huge?

I kept expecting the Valks to step on him as well. As for the hole in the ceiling, that's a good point.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Oct 3, 2009 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
LOL, what in the fuck!?

The main bad guy is HUGE, and can apparently not die when thrust into space. That is the biggest head-scratcher here, the inconsistency of the bad guys.

I just figured the hole wasnt big enough for them to fit through, or that they were up to something else in the ship, like sabotage or something.

But seriously, this show has had lame bad guys and now they're inconsistent lame bad guys.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 4, 2009 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
Wow a cliffhanger!

So can the bad guy survive in space without a spacesuit or any kinf of equipment like that? I mean he was out there a few minutes and looked like he was not sustaining his "breath" maybe Im wrong about this. Oh and Hayate keeps beeing saved, if her orders were followed she would have been dead long ago, but I still think she's a nice character.

How can the hole in the ceiling not be big enough if the bad guy is the same size (or bigger?) as the jets?
Dec 4, 2009 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Wow check out that mobile phone... fiction writers back then had the most outlandish ideas about stuff...
Sep 20, 2010 9:05 AM

May 2008
Alas86 said:
Wow check out that mobile phone... fiction writers back then had the most outlandish ideas about stuff...
I was thinking about the same~
May 3, 2011 12:15 AM

Jun 2009
I'm guessing the Zentradi are able to survive in space, unlike us humans. Unless, of course, there is an example of another member of the race dying in that situation so far. I don't believe there is, so..I'm not sure how come that is so hard to believe. And, I'm uncertain as to why they didn't go through the hole either..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2011 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like everything I thought to be weird or puzzling, you guys thought of it too. It clearly showed that hole was big enough that all three Valkyries could fit on it at the same time! I'm still speculating that maybe Zentradis can survive in the vacuum of space without protection for a short period of time. Anyway about Britai being that huge, didn't they show in the second episode or something that Zentradis were really that big. I remembered that one regular Zentradi pilot in his suit and out of the battlepod was almost as big as the Valkyrie that Hikaru was amateurishly piloting then.

I don't know if Beatnik is still hitting this part of the forums but he'll probably say
No, seriously. What?

LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 27, 2012 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
The hole closed up after the general was sent through by some automatic safety mechanism. They were almost out of ammunition so I imagine that the last missiles they had were used to make that hole so they then had to use lasers to cut their way through.
Jul 30, 2012 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Holy god, I knew the Zentradis were pretty big, but that's just monstrous.
And the hole in the ceiling did close up, just looked at it then. It's weird how they'd be able to close just that area.
Oct 28, 2012 5:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Zentraedi, just like humans, vary in size and Britai is one of the biggest of his race. And yes, the Zentraedi are made of sterner stuff too and can therefore survive in the vacuum of space for short periods of time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 30, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
@tofei that screen and readout looks like one of the first generation ascii games played online, or a port of Star Fleet Battles which was an old style science fiction war game from the 70's/80's.

Zentraedi were shown early on to be much larger in size, and the few occasions when we've seen hand to hand combat (including the one where Hikaru was on a Zentraedi ship in his mech) confirmed that. Looks like we may solve some mysteries next week like why the Zentraedi call humans miclones (micro-clones?) which may imply a closer relationship between the two species than we've assumed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 14, 2015 3:42 AM

May 2013
Put this anime on hold for a bit and i'm glad to have come back after seeing this episode.

The action and character development for Hayase is great, I'm looking forward to see how the Humans will interact with the Zentraedi next episode.
Oct 15, 2016 5:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great episode, with a ends with mistery...i want to watch the next yet!!!!
Oct 19, 2017 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
The report of the henchmen,tho xD

And surprise MF.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2008
That big guy had some badass moments in this episode.
Sep 2, 2019 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
The words of Hikaru, a pilot...a soldier resonating with Misa who safely watches from the bridge.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 21, 2020 7:15 AM

Feb 2017
So Zentradi can survive in the vacuum of space, interesting. And their leader is really big guy.
Also good that we got bit of character development for Misa.
Jul 11, 2020 11:52 AM

Aug 2017
I'm kinda late with pointing this out, but it's funny how the show is trying to create an "alien" atmosphere by making every Zentradi have an echo while speaking. Actually, Hikaru and others also had that sound effect while on the enemy ship!

I expected Hayase to stay captive, but now I wonder how is this going to end
St0rmbladeJul 11, 2020 11:59 AM
Jan 15, 2022 6:37 PM

May 2020
Hayase clearly wants to die. Just let her die. Also, plot twist, Britai is fucking huge lmao.
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

Jun 30, 5:47 AM
Dec 2019
Its funny how similar this show is to Gundam and how much worse it is at the same time. Like a lot of old anime they have characters conform to certain roles and then act them out even if it produces extremely bizarre nonsensical behaviour. For example, Hikaru joining the military and then being a total whiny lazy shit head about everything all the time but never getting in any trouble for it is very stupid. At least in Gundam when Amuro acts like that he repeatedly points out that he is not in the military and that he fucking hates piloting the RX-78 and killing people and often gets punished for insubordination.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

58 by Nicoman- »»
Oct 13, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 29 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

33 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 19, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 26 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 6, 2009

38 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 25 Discussion

starseeker - Feb 14, 2009

46 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.