Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2010 1:13 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And she finally used some trick :D

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 24, 2011 2:52 PM

Feb 2009
I guess I can finally expect some super menacing villain!

Athena = love!
May 4, 2013 3:50 PM
Feb 2013
I can't wait to see Arles power!
Aug 5, 2013 2:57 PM

May 2008
Ikki is such a good guy. I'm starting to like him on equal with Shiryu, who is my favourite character so far <3
Nov 4, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
So Athena saved them?
I mean if her cosmo is so overly powerfull then she should be amazigly strong so why does she not take more active role?
Nov 8, 2017 9:42 AM

Jun 2016
The Black Saints that Ikki had control over make sense now! They were exiled to death queen and that's where Ikki was, when he took over the role of Phoenix with his hatred they followed him. I thought they were never going to be explained!

Seiya doing the most Seiya thing imaginable, getting up like a maniac and rushing out with his possibly miraculously recovered bones(we don't know how long after the last episode this was), and refuses any kind of reasonable order to stay back and heal. Never change Seiya.

Whenever there is a scene where the Saints go somewhere dangerous like Death Queen Island without their armor on I'm always so puzzled. It's completely plot convenience right? There's no way these fighters of justice would not expect to be put in danger in a scenario like this? I get when Seiya is relaxing with Miho and he's surprise attacked by Misty, but not when Ikki walks into the clutches of hatred without any easy safety precautions on. I think it's purely making the characters stupid so that there's tension. Speaking of that, why does no one in this anime finish someone off while they're in mind crush state?! The black saints could've just pushed Ikki into the lava! I get they're ultra confident no one has the will power to survive it, but come on guys, it's easy!

I absolutely love how a good guy has the mind crush power. The more I see Ikki the more it's clear to me, or at least I think it is, that he was inspired by Kenshiro. It's such a brutally cool power that's totally not normally suited for a hero, it makes sense why he was a villain at first. It's totally gruesome too.

Lastly, the animation of this anime is phenomenal! I hardly ever see reused fighting footage and even the fodder enemies get satisfying beat down montages. The Seiya Pegasus Meteor on the black knight, as well as Hyoga freezing the one and punching him out was awesome. All you need is good key frames and stills, even with a massive budget, without them it's useless.

This still was beautiful:

Monad said:
So Athena saved them?
I mean if her cosmo is so overly powerfull then she should be amazigly strong so why does she not take more active role?

She doesn't understand her cosmos yet. Pretty sure they stated that a saint will find their moves when they need them or something. A kind of asspull mechanic, but in this case with her newly found powers I wouldn't say it is this time. I'm sure when she's more comfortable she will have a more active role.
I apologize for tagging you 100 times Monad, I know these posts are from 2013, it's just that nearly all are very great to reply to and I think helpful for future watchers.
Nov 21, 2017 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Monad said:
So Athena saved them?

She doesn't understand her cosmos yet. Pretty sure they stated that a saint will find their moves when they need them or something. A kind of asspull mechanic, but in this case with her newly found powers I wouldn't say it is this time. I'm sure when she's more comfortable she will have a more active role.
I apologize for tagging you 100 times Monad, I know these posts are from 2013, it's just that nearly all are very great to reply to and I think helpful for future watchers.

I don't mind at all, i even read them and if it's something i remember and have some kind of disagreement i would have replied.
Feb 22, 10:47 AM

Nov 2015
what a waste, filler has no end 2/5.

đź’˘

Jun 23, 1:12 AM

Nov 2012
Okay at least this filler was a decent ep as opposed to the last few which resulted in me needing a break from Saint Seiya, and the next one about Shiryu looks good from the preview too!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 25 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

16 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 14, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 24 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 14, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 23 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 11, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 71 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 4, 2010

4 by passing_through »»
Oct 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

11 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 13, 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.