Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 14, 1:48 AM
Oct 2021
Glad to hear this! I’ve been hearing about how the anime is really catching up so this’ll give some much needed hao so they don’t have to worry about slow down the adapting pace.

Fishman Island in my opinion is BY FAR the most underrated One Piece arc, and I am so glad that Toei is finally taking the initiative to try and improve the quality of their past episodes, especially from Return to Sabaody to Dressrosa. I hope they eventually get to redo Dressrosa, that arc is also overhated and somewhat underrated because of the anime version.

I am so happy right now. This give me hope that Toei will actually handle the last portion of the story with extreme love and care, especially what we know that's coming up next for Egghead.
Oct 14, 1:50 AM

Jun 2024
Yeah, I'm hyped for it. It would be cool if they did it for other arcs as well.
Oct 14, 3:27 AM

Jul 2020
mayb they’ll be able to fix this buns ass arc. doubt it tho
Oct 14, 3:39 AM

Nov 2021
Not really, Idc about fishman arc at all
Oct 14, 5:01 AM
Oct 2020
One of the best arcs in one piece. Looking forward to it
Oct 14, 5:46 AM
Jan 2021
100% this arc was sick i just loved the world building and adventure of an undersea country.
Oct 14, 6:13 AM
Jan 2020
One of my least favorite arcs but there are some great moments throughout regardless. I hope this re-adaptation will make it better.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Oct 14, 6:31 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to yg
yg said:

they'll probably fix the pacing so that's good
Oct 14, 6:51 AM

Jul 2020
Reply to TraX_EZ
yg said:

they'll probably fix the pacing so that's good
@TraX_EZ ur taste is goated
Oct 14, 7:52 AM
Jun 2020
Hopefully they fix the pacing. I dropped one piece as a kid because of this arc since nothing was happening
Oct 14, 8:32 AM

Aug 2018
This boutta be peak, Fishman Island often gets overlooked because the anime did it horribly, but the manga version is definitely an 8-9/10. Very hopeful for this and with the new animation I can see this raising FMI’s reputation, especially for new watchers
Oct 14, 9:21 AM
Mar 2022
Fishman Island is the first Post TS Saga

so we may get Dressrosa Saga and WCI Saga remastered....So I am more hyped about future news.

As for this arc was average so 21 eps are gonna be watchable and it's been a long time too.

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Oct 14, 10:42 AM
May 2021
this arc is the worst among all lmao
Oct 14, 12:21 PM
Dec 2021
Hype for a remake?

No, not at all.
Oct 14, 1:58 PM
Apr 2021
The arc its self wasn't that bad but hody was fodder for being the main villain of the arc
Oct 14, 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
About as hyped as I was twelve years ago when this shipwreck was airing. Didn't miss it at all. I understand the reasoning behind this choice (important points of the lore connecting to it), but the same applies to the Alabasta saga, and I would have loved to see 2-cours remake of that.
Oct 14, 3:08 PM

Apr 2018
Absolutely not lmao I hate fishstick island
Oct 14, 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
Well... It's by far the worst arc in One Piece. The remake can make it... watchable. Definetively a plus for first time watchers. I can give it a chance for the first episodes, but the villains are so uninteresting...
Oct 14, 5:46 PM
Aug 2020
The only thing I don’t like about Fishman Saga is Shirahoshi's voice. It’s freaking annoying. Fish island Saga is not that great but it is very important for the story.
Oct 14, 6:56 PM

Jun 2011
Reading this trips me up because it's word for word what I said about this arc lol, here's my comment on it.

Regardless, I am excited for this. It's been a while since we've seen One Piece with modern pacing, I am curious how it's going to look, especially the battles. One thing I dislike about One Piece fights is how it tends to drag, but with this hopefully we get a fast paced exciting "fights".

I hope Toei also give appropriate "resting time" (like how you rest your steak after you cooked it before consumption) for more impactful moments in the arc like "Nothing" instead of spending half of 21 episodes on battles. Fishman Island is more than just the fights.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 14, 9:58 PM
Jun 2019
I'm very excited. Wasn't the biggest fan of this arc, but I won't instantly dismiss the remake (like some people here)
Oct 14, 10:23 PM
Apr 2023
Definitely underrated although the villains are cringe and they made an absolute joke out of Sanji. Everything else about it was based though. Glad to see this very important arc to the story have its pacing fixed at least.
Oct 15, 5:15 AM

Nov 2010
I am hyped, becuase it's going to make rewatching OP anime much more enjoyable.

It's also going to be a godsend for new watchers.
Oct 15, 8:57 AM

Jun 2023
Hody about to get clapped (again) in max PC gaming graphics settings this time, I can't complain. 🍿😎
Oct 15, 4:03 PM
Jun 2007
Honestly, quite hyped for this. I stopped watching One Piece in around 2007-2008 (Partially because of the pacing and partially because of life in general), and last year, after a 15 year break (Where I would sometimes take an interest in what I've missed by reading about it), I decided to continue watching from where I left off (It was the end of Water 7) with One Pace, and got all the way to this arc, but fairly at its start.

Actually getting an "Official One Pace" for the specific arc where I paused watching gets me hyped, since it'll be so convenient to actually watch this weekly with proper pacing. Hopefully I'll find it in me to get back to watching afterwards with One Pace.
Oct 15, 4:30 PM
Dec 2020
Fishman arc is always been a 8/10 manga arc for me, honestly seeing done justice with better animation, pacing and sound effects makes me smile
Oct 15, 6:57 PM
Nov 2015
I love Fishman Island, so I'm hyped. I hope they do this to Dressrosa, that arc deserves better.
Oct 16, 3:42 AM
Oct 2019
So this arc will be adapted 3 times in anime if WIT with THE ONE PIECE goes that far. OK.
Oct 16, 7:24 AM
Dec 2013
It's the worst arc in One Piece, so no I'm not. I remember I couldn't finish an episode in the same day while watching this arc because it was making me feel sick. And this is just a remaster that'll just cut out the stuff that wasn't in the manga like Dragon Ball Kai, so it's kind of lazy compared to an actual remake, actually animating the arc again from the ground up, and so it's animation I've already seen before. Better pacing won't make a difference on how I feel about this arc, since I didn't dislike the arcs that came after it as much.
wildhoodOct 16, 7:33 AM
Oct 16, 12:30 PM
Jul 2019
yg said:

Unfortunately Van der Decken is unfixable. That shit stain can’t be scrubbed off
Oct 16, 5:08 PM
Apr 2017
I don't see why make a new adaptation of an old arc if The one piece reboot is scheduled to next year. It's just to have something to air during Egghead hiatus, sure, but does it mean this re-adaptation will last until march/april next year? I've heard it'd only be 25 episodes long or something. April is in 23 weeks, so 1 episode per week and we're pretty much at April 2025. Did i miss something?
Oct 19, 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
dont care about that Arc... never liked it :p
Oct 20, 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
Can't wait to see Dressrosa getting cut down from 120 to 30 episodes.
Oct 23, 1:18 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Ghost-of-Uchiha
Fishman Island is the first Post TS Saga

so we may get Dressrosa Saga and WCI Saga remastered....So I am more hyped about future news.

As for this arc was average so 21 eps are gonna be watchable and it's been a long time too.
@Ghost-of-Uchiha it's depends upon the source material of the series and it's length of each manga chapter
Oct 23, 1:19 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to DiabloMask
Can't wait to see Dressrosa getting cut down from 120 to 30 episodes.
@DiabloMask 50+ or less i think
Oct 23, 4:52 AM
Apr 2012
Will new animation be added to the arc as well, or will it be just an enhanced and recut version?
Oct 23, 6:31 AM

Apr 2024
I already know the story, so no.
Even the manga takes too long to get to the point.

To make a proper anime you'd first have to shorten down the source. Maybe a single movie per one to three arcs.

More topics from this board

» The One Pace

Shidoteki - Oct 14

11 by Vipadus »»
Today, 4:06 AM

» 1st Episode Postponement

_MushiRock11_ - Oct 21

12 by TheBerserker »»
Oct 24, 4:25 PM

» A hint on how THE ONE PIECE by Wit Studio could be

CosmicusAnima - Oct 14

10 by TheBerserker »»
Oct 24, 7:31 AM

» Will Nami get sexier?

Catalano - Oct 13

18 by TheBerserker »»
Oct 24, 6:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.