Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 8:53 AM

Dec 2021
Weekly Netflix early release

I like that Taiki isn’t a creep and knows to focus on getting better at what he’s doing. I’m glad they made him still care more about badminton than anything else. His priorities are clear, and that’s what I like about him.

He doesn’t let his emotions get in the way when he plays, and staying calm like that is something I really respect. It’s not easy to do.

Oct 10, 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
I know its only the third episode, and i have not read the manga, and i know the little bit what weve got has been pretty much just from the Taki’s perspective but ... those two, are pretty much a thing already, right.

Taiki and Chinatsu i mean, she's pretty much the same as him when comes to being too shy to confess, we just haven't seen her point of view yet.
Oct 10, 9:18 AM
Aug 2022
Privileges of being a Netflix Users 🤩.
That love triangle seems obvious 😭 don't tell me the best girl Hina will be the heartbroken one in this series.
Oct 10, 9:49 AM

Jul 2016
Unfortunate how Taiki's first ever match against Haryuu was a stomp on the receiving end but at least the animation of his loss was absolute eye candy.

From wishing to get Chinatsu's number when she was getting ready to move in with him to deeming Haryuu to be a massive love rival when he wasn't even in the game to begin with, it's funny how seemingly predetermined Taiki's success has been so far lol (love-wise at least)
Oct 10, 9:55 AM

Mar 2021
It's nice to see Taiki put his all into being a better Badminton player and not get too focused on Chinatsu and who she is seen with.
Reecey91Oct 10, 9:59 AM
Oct 10, 10:46 AM

Jan 2016
5/5, while it was extremely obvious to me they were just friends, senpai admired her drive, and senpai was rooting for MC... I think their reactions were normal for people as go to negative perception rather than positive one.

Lots of fun, at no point during this show did I question her liking MC, but both of them are AWESOME and focusing on working hard. I really like MC. I did Tennis (singles [and doubles]) and he is exactly as I remember myself. I never did badmitton, but it seems the same with being an awesome 1v1 sport! This anime is so great, hardworker in badmitton (never cared for but just like tennis seems like) and basketball (like watching too) but that isn't the main focus and is just naturally there and <3

I think the pessimist friend keeps seeing more and more how clear it is she likes him. (he even stated last episode they were a good pair)

Oct 10, 10:47 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Swagernator
I know its only the third episode, and i have not read the manga, and i know the little bit what weve got has been pretty much just from the Taki’s perspective but ... those two, are pretty much a thing already, right.

Taiki and Chinatsu i mean, she's pretty much the same as him when comes to being too shy to confess, we just haven't seen her point of view yet.
@Swagernator yeah I would be shocked if otherwise. It feels like since episode 1 they both had strong feelings for each other.

Oct 10, 11:20 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
got my dose of wholesomeness to get me through the week

Oct 10, 11:39 AM
Sep 2018
I absolutely love this anime so far, so wholesome and the couple already have nice chemistry. This is going into my top 10, one of the nicest romance animes in long time. beating Roshidere by far already. Chinatsu might even end up in my top 10 characters too, I love her way more than I thought I would, I initially thought I would like Hina more, I can't believe how wrong I was, well I still like Hima a lot, but Chinatsu is definitely best girl and main one for MC.
Oct 10, 12:01 PM
Mar 2024
I'm absolutely loving this anime ‼️😭
Oct 10, 12:04 PM

Jan 2018
Lmao. Taiki spent the whole episode worrying about Haryu senpai but he got played in the end. And Haryu is also a funny guy taking advantage of Taiki like that lol. In the end, he's playing doubles with his "love rival." I wonder if it's permanent. Would be cool if they became friends.

I loved the little game he had with Chinatsu in the park. It was cute and wholesome. I liked how he also went home before her so it wouldn't be awkward for her. He might be a little goofy but he has a good heart. Taiki is kind of an airhead protagonist which I normally dislike in most shows but I think he works really well in this anime.

Loving this so far. Sure, it has tropes that I've already seen in other anime. But I still like how wholesome it is. I never expected the animation to be this good because I don't think I watched any trailers. Only read the synopsis so it was a good surprise. It's good to watch this type of anime from time to time. The whole episode had me smiling. It's like a weekly dose of dopamine.
Oct 10, 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
Hahaha Kengo is such a troll. Though it was pretty obvious he didn't care about Chinatsu romantically. I mean his reaction to Taiki's liking Chinatsu was a dead giveaway IMO. I immediately assumed Kengo likely had a GF already or something, and turns out that was indeed the case.
Oct 10, 12:33 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode. Liked the plot twist and how Haryuu is tough Taiki
Oct 10, 12:53 PM

Aug 2022
Man thank god that misunderstanding was cleared up at the end, Wasn't expecting Haryu to actually have a GF though but hell I'm not that surprised. I pray that Taiki one day beats Haryu I'm unironically more invested in that then the actual romance side of this show. Animation was great again this episode I'm really curious to see where this goes both on the romance and sports side.

This could easily be a top 5 romance anime for me.
Oct 10, 12:58 PM
Feb 2024
this episode was truly amazing
Looks like I have to check my diabetes so it doesn't get worse😭😭
Oct 10, 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Taiki got played hard in this episode, huh? XD

Haryu was convincing at being a bit of a troll towards Taiki, but I do like his commitment in helping Taiki train better after they got paired up for badminton doubles. The skill difference between them is easily noticeable, but as Chinatsu says to him when she and Taiki had their cute badminton session in the park, he performed really well against Haryu during the second half of their second match. A loss is a loss, but there's far more in a match than what the scoreline says. He shouldn't ever forget that.

Once again, I'm impressed with the production values for this episode, mainly for Taiki's badminton matches and how smooth it was seeing him play against his opponents and how stop on the animation was for his movements and the multitude of smashes and backhand shots that he and Haryu unleashed on each other.

At least we now know that Haryu already has a girlfriend, so Taiki shouldn't worry about him and Chinatsu getting too close, which will be a good weight lifted off from his shoulders.

So far, so great. This series has been very enjoyable very quickly. =)
Oct 10, 1:51 PM

Feb 2019
Yea this gets my stamp as incredible eats. These first 3 episodes are just phenomenal. The author has such a great way of doing these subtle twists after playing with your expectations.

Fully expected Haryu to be your usual love rival, but nope dude ended up just being a great senpai and wanting to push Taiki to be better and help him with Chinatsu. They did something similar in episode 2 where Hina announces her support for Taiki and Chinatsu(although I think she’s got feelings for Taiki)

Speaking of which, the badminton game with Chinatsu and Taiki was so nice and a cool parallel with the basketball game they played in episode 1. In both scenarios Chinatsu and Taiki respectively were able to give the other advice and motivate them to keep going and reach bigger goals. They might be from two different sports; but that competitive drive and determination they both share is mutual and I love how they’re using their respective sports to develop the leads and their relationship!

Really good episode and I can’t wait for next week! Definitely living up to the hype rn for me
Marinate1016Oct 10, 4:15 PM
Oct 10, 1:54 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to Marinate1016
Yea this gets my stamp as incredible eats. These first 3 episodes are just phenomenal. The author has such a great way of doing these subtle twists after playing with your expectations.

Fully expected Haryu to be your usual love rival, but nope dude ended up just being a great senpai and wanting to push Taiki to be better and help him with Chinatsu. They did something similar in episode 2 where Hina announces her support for Taiki and Chinatsu(although I think she’s got feelings for Taiki)

Speaking of which, the badminton game with Chinatsu and Taiki was so nice and a cool parallel with the basketball game they played in episode 1. In both scenarios Chinatsu and Taiki respectively were able to give the other advice and motivate them to keep going and reach bigger goals. They might be from two different sports; but that competitive drive and determination they both share is mutual and I love how they’re using their respective sports to develop the leads and their relationship!

Really good episode and I can’t wait for next week! Definitely living up to the hype rn for me
@Marinate1016

Let's say the episode isn't out on Netflix yet.

Well played, Haryu, well played. Taiki has lots of catching up to do in more than one area, but I'm looking forward to see them both playing each other as equals in an official match. Considering the quality of this adaptation it should be quite the event.

Good episode again, 4 chapters were adapted.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 3:20 PM
Apr 2020
I loved how the senpai actually talked good about him in front of his crush.
Oct 10, 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Haha that's why Haryu senpai is the goat
Oct 10, 9:09 PM
Aug 2022
I have huge expetions for this anime . I and think I m corect
Oct 10, 10:31 PM
Sep 2024
Badminton animation was just fantastic. I'm more interested in the sports aspect now.
Oct 11, 12:14 AM

Apr 2016
@yamori_058 Netflix Japan has it week early, and it has eng subs as well.

You can VPN or ...
Oct 11, 1:31 AM
Sep 2023
Since I also play badminton, I could relate to the MC quite a bit :)
Oct 11, 2:38 AM

Apr 2017
Haryu-senpai best wingman \o/
Cool beauty, world class genius, unbeatable charm!

I'm unstoppable!
Oct 11, 4:03 AM
Nov 2023
Another amazing episode
This anime is so lovely😍
Oct 11, 7:24 AM
Apr 2023
this episode got me smilin like a dumbass im hopin haryu already looks like a great character and him pushing the main character by saying "im sure chii wouldnt date a man who doesnt work hard" was really funny lol. I hope he becomes a great wingman and a way for Taiki to also grow stronger and better at Badminton. Really fun episode, this anime is very relaxed
Oct 11, 9:56 AM

May 2019
While the most recent misunderstanding has been resolved I'm curious to see how Chinatsu sees things because Taiki had been acting a bit off and I'm not sure if she realized why. Also, had Haryu not announced he has a girlfriend I would've pushed for Taiki to go out with Hina but as things currently stand both Hina and Chinatsu are solid choices.
Oct 11, 10:34 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Taiki is not giving up and not in a toxic or bad manner but like his friend said "once he gets his mind into a goal, he won't stop". Feeling motivated by the chance of getting into the Nationals in order to measure up to Chinatsu, he also feel conflicted about Hairyuu's relationship with her. It didn't help that he is in another level of a badminton player and that while being paired he bullied Taiki into practising a lot. But his mind is set so he got rhough it only to find out that not only was he overpractising but he had his eyes set on another girl. Classic romance misunderstanding.

Something else to take from this episode (and the one from last week) is that Taiki is little by little earning the eyes of the people around him in admiration... and maybe in a different manner. Just a thought but a confession might come sooner than later.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 11, 11:13 AM

Jul 2017
Taiki can be a lot at times but hey, the determination to still practice hard, train hard even with the amount he was pushed by Haryu there was dope. Visually can feel a little clunky at times with certain movements but is mostly pretty good overall. Don't know if I'm quite sold on this as a great series and romance/sports anime like a Baby Steps, but do feel like the potential is there to be a very solid show.
Oct 11, 11:36 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I had written a giant post about how this anime is good, how much I'm loving it, how much I loved the tension they did between Haryuu and Taiki, just to make that reveal at the end, even showing that Haryuu and starting to help Taiki getting closer to Chinatsu, but MAL decided do eliminate all the things I wrote, and I don't have the patience to write it again.
So, just going to say that I was having kind of a bad day today, but while I was watching this episode I had always a smile, and this episode made my day much better honestly, really loving this anime. The cast of characters is amazing, this episode we got another one, Haryuu, and I already like him, and I'm sure we are going to see a big friendship grow between Haryuu and Taiki, and going from the last season, where I watched Wistoria, in which one of my main complaints was how the characters were boring, this anime is completely the opposite and the characters make the story even better!

Also, the opening and ending have both grown a lot on me this past week, and I must say I especially love the opening, it just feels you with determination, which perfectly fits the anime.

One thing that made me wonder this episode was what Haryuu was referring to when he said he should be the one jealous, after his match against Taiki. At the start, I had 2 ideas: it was either how Taiki was already quite good, considering his experience (he is one year younger than Haryuu), or how Chinatsu was living with Taiki. But since it was revealed he actually had a girlfriend, I suppose that it might be the first idea, or something that we still don't know about, maybe something personal about Haryuu.

Anyways, super excited for the next episode of this anime!
Oct 11, 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Reply to PokefanPT
Well, I had written a giant post about how this anime is good, how much I'm loving it, how much I loved the tension they did between Haryuu and Taiki, just to make that reveal at the end, even showing that Haryuu and starting to help Taiki getting closer to Chinatsu, but MAL decided do eliminate all the things I wrote, and I don't have the patience to write it again.
So, just going to say that I was having kind of a bad day today, but while I was watching this episode I had always a smile, and this episode made my day much better honestly, really loving this anime. The cast of characters is amazing, this episode we got another one, Haryuu, and I already like him, and I'm sure we are going to see a big friendship grow between Haryuu and Taiki, and going from the last season, where I watched Wistoria, in which one of my main complaints was how the characters were boring, this anime is completely the opposite and the characters make the story even better!

Also, the opening and ending have both grown a lot on me this past week, and I must say I especially love the opening, it just feels you with determination, which perfectly fits the anime.

One thing that made me wonder this episode was what Haryuu was referring to when he said he should be the one jealous, after his match against Taiki. At the start, I had 2 ideas: it was either how Taiki was already quite good, considering his experience (he is one year younger than Haryuu), or how Chinatsu was living with Taiki. But since it was revealed he actually had a girlfriend, I suppose that it might be the first idea, or something that we still don't know about, maybe something personal about Haryuu.

Anyways, super excited for the next episode of this anime!
@PokefanPT I think he said he was frustrated because Taiki started gaining momentum on him in second half
Oct 11, 1:16 PM
Oct 2022
So Netflix Japan is the first one who aires all the episodes ahead of everyone.

It seems that Taiki and Chinatsu are getting closer, but a new guy who is also a superstar, made contact with her. Things can get fiery from up here, but we’ll see.

Great animation and story.
Oct 11, 2:24 PM
Aug 2024
"So that's how it seems to him"
What do you guys think about Chinatsu's scene there after practicing together with Taiki?
Oct 11, 4:02 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Really enjoying this series
Oct 11, 6:35 PM
Apr 2021
Hahaha this kind of misunderstanding is funny as hell man Haryu having a whole ass girlfriend while not letting Taiki know that and think he’s going after Chinatsu was such troll behaviour from bro but trust me guys you’ll love Haryu he’s such a chill guy😭🙏🏽

I love the movement animation when they play Badminton it’s really cool and fluid to me I was always wondering how the sports scenes would be animated and I’m happy with the results🤩🔥

Man the opening and ending songs are so good and animated so well I don’t think I’ll ever skip them as the episodes come out🔥
Oct 11, 7:37 PM
Apr 2024
will haryu be the goat? will taiki be the rizzlord find out in december
Oct 11, 8:05 PM
Apr 2024
Taiki is cool guy, he doesn't want to let his emotions belongs to his gameplay, i'd love to watch this, more excited to see on the next episode
Oct 11, 9:01 PM
May 2021
GREAT GREAT GREAT!😁🤧
Love how it's going on😍🤩.
Chi is not just a chara,but she is a person.She is so natural.Not overeact or irritating.Other autors should learn lessons.
And,LOVE and RESPECT🗿💪the fact that Taiki is a simp,but also not just.
When it come to badminton he really care about it,and all his motivation is not only about chi.
When you do something,that always need to first off all for you.You can have on motivation other things,but it's need to be secondary.Your first reasons to live and do all things you do always need to be you,for you sake and do things right.
So,than Taiki understand it,is sincerly good.
Other way,even though his a simp,he can separate romance from sport to stay focus and improve.
To finish,I like a lot the badminton senpai and his dynamic and rivality with Taiki.
Oct 11, 11:04 PM
Sep 2024
Really well made episode
Oct 12, 6:22 AM

Apr 2022
hold on, they're cooking with this adaptation harder than i expected, the camera work during that badminton exchange with haryu was smooth as hell. nice of hina to try and cheer up taiki at the start and haryu ended up being a pretty cool dude himself. chinatsu and taiki playing badminton at sunset, good stuff.
Oct 12, 6:52 AM
Aug 2018
it's being brought to life
Oct 12, 9:55 AM
Oct 2021
romance best,i reading mangga
Oct 12, 11:17 AM

Apr 2021
Yep, it's official, I don't like the Male MC, his character is nothing like in the first episode before the Female MC movies in.

And I really don't his uncomfortableness of having living with them, "I could do it if we weren't living together", he has so much more opportunities because they are living together, it is some really backwards thinking.

It would have been better for this anime to focus on well written characters, working hard toward their sport goals at the same time, while they eventually fall in love, with some comedic and dramatic moments thrown in.

Instead, we have a goofy Male MC, with an awkward crush on the cool Female MC, and it only makes us dislike the Male MC the whole time, because he is self centered while she is selfless, and even his jealously is awkward, "I want to call her Chii", call her another nickname unique from that one.

Look how pathetically lame he looks when he learns that the assumed rival has a girlfriend. He should be happy and / or relieved, instead he looks like he was worked to death for nothing, but the guy can still tease him and work him out, as someone who knows the male MC likes the female MC.

The only redeeming quality is him doing well in his sport.
ejleonOct 12, 11:47 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Oct 12, 2:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Figured I’d just go ahead and hit the 3rd episode since it’s “out” already and I’ll be caught up for next week’s episode, I don’t like missing out on that day-of discussion lol. And this was a fun one, mainly focused on another senpai of Taiki’s that’s also on the badminton team, Haryu, and while he seemed like a potential love rival at first, the end of the episode revealed he had a girlfriend already and has been fucking with Taiki ever since he found out that Taiki has a crush on Chinatsu, this is a grade A troll we got here lol, loved his shit eating expressions. He seems cool tho despite how strict he is when practicing, I’d find it hard to bro out with someone that yells at me regularly but I can tell he’s gonna be a good bro.

And this episode had no shortage of Chinatsu content despite the Haryu focus, I really liked when she and Taiki played badminton together, that was a really sweet scene, love how Chinatsu has Taiki’s back when he’s down, even if he lost to Haryu he still did awesome against someone better than him, I’m glad Chinatsu let him know that. Now if only they’d start walking home together, but I’m guessing it’ll be a bit before that starts happening, for now I’ll enjoy their slow progression.
Oct 12, 2:39 PM
Sep 2024
It's been a beatiful episode! I really loved the plot twist XD!
Oct 12, 3:08 PM

Mar 2018
i really love the thought and care that has been placed on animated on characters actually playing their sports. the many movements make it a tough and time-consuming job, so I'm glad to see there's lots of effort on this front.

i love haryu :---)
Oct 12, 10:23 PM
Mar 2015
Chi is inspiring him to work harder but Haryu is bullying him because he sees something in him
Oct 13, 1:47 AM
Sep 2020
Really love the scenario, the feeling that's been built for the watchers, the sudden drama, all of it is good.
Oct 13, 7:15 AM
Nov 2023
best romcom so far
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Hako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

90 by Ayano_Kuma »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Hako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

177 by Ayano_Kuma »»
3 hours ago

» Jumpshot

Riz_III - Oct 6

12 by im_amane »»
10 hours ago

» Id love to support this but unfortunately netflix is week behind.

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Oct 11

34 by Firedogslite »»
Oct 14, 1:58 PM

» To Manga Readers: Romance Progression?

Miragee - Oct 5

20 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 14, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.