Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
mid ending but i treat this manga like bleach manga thats all about rule of cool fights than a solid story

nice to see mahito again though and sukuna redemption
degSep 27, 3:43 AM
Sep 26, 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
It’s ass as expected Gege fumbled.
Sep 26, 9:06 AM

Mar 2021
This shit is straight poo poo 💩🙏

Incredible falloff Gege.
Anime fuckin sucks by the way

Sep 26, 9:08 AM

Jul 2021
Binged JJK. Unfortunately, I got spoiled by the ending.. unavoidable, lol.

Well firstly, Shibuya arc was fantastic, and I really enjoyed the start of the Culling Game, but things started to fall apart for me during the climax up to the ending. Something about it felt poorly executed. I wouldn't say the overall character writing is bad, but it feels underdeveloped and could use more chapters.

Well on uh personal side though I must say JJK was one of the series that I really made a bunch of good friends on and outside of MAL in a long while ig due to the obvious leaking culture LOL but it was fun making theories till it lasted. Looking forward to Gege’s other work, I think something to do with Idols? Don’t know about that but I see the vision.
Sep 26, 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Actually kinda like that conclusion for Sukuna and that he had a final chat with Mahito.

And even if the ending a whole leaves a lot to be desired it's sad to say goodbye. Will miss the characters for sure. Shibuya remains one of the best modern battle shounen arcs. Sadly, we couldn't keep the momentum entirely throughout the final arcs.

All in all still an 8/10 in my book

It was fun while it lasted
FMmatronSep 29, 4:43 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
Oh I guess the other thread got clapped lol.

Well, from that text summary, it seems like a pretty “oh, that happened” type ending. Not surprised people are gonna get hyperbolic like they always do with JJK and act like this is the worst ending ever in the history of the world. Stop being drama queens, good lord. It’s certainly not that good of an ending but definitely not the worst thing to ever see the light of day like I’ve seen people making it out to be.

Looks like JJK is the next shounen series to fall victim to the fumbled ending curse. Then again, this fandom is never satisfied with anything so I’m not surprised by reactions I’ve seen online. Not even just this fandom tbh, anime fans in general lol, so fickle about everything so it’s hard for most series to please everyone and avoid dividing people. Naruto, Bleach, Demon Slayer, and even recently, MHA. I’ve made peace with those series’ endings over the years and I’m sure I’ll make peace with this in due time, but man I wish more authors did a better job of sticking that landing.

I will say, this series definitely could have benefited from slowing down the action to take its time story-wise. There’s some things in the JJK world that could prove interesting if they were explored and explained more that will kind of just remain ambiguous since a part 2 seems unlikely. Definitely feels like there’s some missed opportunities in terms of potential narrative expansion.

For what it was worth though, I still enjoyed it. It’s obviously not without its flaws and fell pretty flat in the end but I’ll still have fond memories of this series. The twists and turns of Shibuya, Hakari vs. Kashimo, Sukuna’s post-Gojo gauntlet run (yea I enjoyed it despite all the complaints people had about every last thing), and of course, the batshit insane hype of reading Gojo vs. Sukuna weekly, not knowing or being able to figure out what would happen next and eagerly awaiting that next page on leak nights. So long, JJK, it was fun even if there was a bit of a stumble at the end.
thebrentinator24Sep 26, 10:59 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 26, 11:11 AM

Feb 2010
Well, the story could've been executed a lot better and so far the ending doesn't really make me feel much but I'm glad Yuji survived.

Really had a lot of potential. The story was pretty average overall but the fights were fun. Definitely could've done with more character interaction between each other and I feel like Yuki and Kenjaku were pretty much wasted.
Sep 26, 11:26 AM

Jan 2018
I still enjoyed the manga despite the ending and how this entire arc went. Another major shonen series came to an end.
Sep 26, 11:42 AM
Oct 2021
Did this Thread Re-submit?
Sep 26, 12:06 PM

May 2020
Seriously, just for the sake of showing “things are back to normal and the good times are here.. yeah GOOD TIMES”, we literally had the last chapter over these guys showing “how to deal with curse users”.. what????? Wasn't this something they've given hundreds of speeches and written thousands of thesis about already in the last fucking 270 chapters??? Lmaoooo.

I seriously feel for those people who were hoping a part 2 will come and help in mending the huge BLUNDERS just because the author decided to address something completely new he didn't in the last so many years.. lol. This series doesn't deserve any of it, and moreover that's just how he writes. Drop something completely random, because why not, people gonna claim that's deep.

Can't believe I actually used to like this. But yeah, it started from the culling game thing when we had a horde of randomness brought in.. just for the sake of it. I'll never forget that USA military thing lol, and killing characters just because it ain't a trend in the market and makes you different. Backfired horribly though, as it should have.

There is just something with the japanese authors and their inability to write a decent ending. Another one to the list. Would not miss this, but yeah thanks for the last few years.
Sep 26, 12:11 PM

Oct 2017
Never was a big fan of the manga except some specific arcs like Maki senpai's one and also Yuuta's prequel. Otherwise another ok battle shounen which also followed the trend of bad final arc to finish things off. Won't really miss this much. Maki senpai best girl/10.
Sep 26, 12:15 PM

Sep 2024
Ending is as good as the rest of the manga. If you know what I mean.
Sep 26, 12:36 PM

Oct 2011
Ridzaxster said:
Did this Thread Re-submit?

Mod delete the thread etc etc
Sep 26, 12:42 PM
Nov 2019
CRAZY FALL OFF. When Kenjaku died, he took the story along with it. It was never the same 💔
Sep 26, 12:48 PM
Apr 2022
Geje just wanted to throw this manga behind his back and never look back lmao
Sep 26, 1:29 PM
Dec 2023
Gege really could have had something special with this manga. It had all of the buildup to have one of the most unique and interesting endings of all time, but no. Its just the generic shonen ending every manga seems to get.
Sep 26, 1:45 PM

Jun 2020
Mid ending. Not an atrocity like AOT, so even if the final arc was unsatisfying in certain aspects I don’t get why people are in absolute rage over it. This is all that I really expected from a JJK ending aside from elaboration on the world leaders that Kenjaku revealed cursed spirits to, Yuji’s GF, and Uro.

Gege was easily able to create a lot of captivating characters like Gojo, Choso, Yuji, Sukuna, (and personally Kashimo). But it’s a shame that we got ZERO breathing room with them. Todo was in like what, 2 chapters that weren’t fights? To me, Gege’s biggest mistake will always be not having shown the month timeskip between CG And Shinjuku arcs. I get a lot of it had to be obscured for the strategy and planning, but there is no way there wasn’t some relationship building he could write with Gojo and the students. I will always respect and enjoy the creative fights he sacrificed everything else to make though, Choso v Yuji and Hakari v Kashimo are all timers for me.

The closure with Sukuna and Mahito was nice.
DumbSep 26, 7:17 PM
Sep 26, 1:47 PM
Dec 2019
The ending wasn't the greatest but this is still one of my favorite mangas. 10/10 for me still. The impact this had on me, and the enjoyment it brang me was unmatched!
Sep 26, 2:07 PM
Jul 2022
zillionnnnnn said:
The ending wasn't the greatest but this is still one of my favorite mangas. 10/10 for me still. The impact this had on me, and the enjoyment it brang me was unmatched!

sorry to be that guy but how can it be a 10/10 if u dont think the ending is great. isnt a 10/10 meant to be something near perfect that u have no complaints about.
Sep 26, 2:16 PM
Dec 2019
alfsta said:
zillionnnnnn said:

sorry to be that guy but how can it be a 10/10 if u dont think the ending is great. isnt a 10/10 meant to be something near perfect that u have no complaints about.

Ending not being great doesn't mean I think it was bad. And besides we all have different ways we rate things, I think you can find a few flaws in everything, I just personally really enjoyed it still! I've got a few 10s where I simply rated it that because of the unmatched enjoyment it brang to me! But I understand why you would think that.
Sep 26, 2:24 PM
Jan 2022
zillionnnnnn said:
alfsta said:

Ending not being great doesn't mean I think it was bad. And besides we all have different ways we rate things, I think you can find a few flaws in everything, I just personally really enjoyed it still! I've got a few 10s where I simply rated it that because of the unmatched enjoyment it brang to me! But I understand why you would think that.

I thought I was crazy for rating things based more on personal enjoyment than objectivity. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one🙏
Sep 26, 2:35 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to deg
mid ending but i treat this manga like bleach manga thats all about rule of cool fights than a solid story

@deg that's why AOT𓃵 PEAK FICTION ending is the greatest in manga history ❤️
Sep 26, 2:37 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Dumb
Mid ending. Not an atrocity like AOT, so even if the final arc was unsatisfying in certain aspects I don’t get why people are in absolute rage over it. This is all that I really expected from a JJK ending aside from elaboration on the world leaders that Kenjaku revealed cursed spirits to, Yuji’s GF, and Uro.

Gege was easily able to create a lot of captivating characters like Gojo, Choso, Yuji, Sukuna, (and personally Kashimo). But it’s a shame that we got ZERO breathing room with them. Todo was in like what, 2 chapters that weren’t fights? To me, Gege’s biggest mistake will always be not having shown the month timeskip between CG And Shinjuku arcs. I get a lot of it had to be obscured for the strategy and planning, but there is no way there wasn’t some relationship building he could write with Gojo and the students. I will always respect and enjoy the creative fights he sacrificed everything else to make though, Choso v Yuji and Hakari v Kashimo are all timers for me.

The closure with Sukuna and Mahito was nice.
@Dumb nah AOT PEAK FICTION ending Clear this shit. In fact AOT ending is the greatest
Sep 26, 2:41 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Bourriche
@Dumb nah AOT PEAK FICTION ending Clear this shit. In fact AOT ending is the greatest
@Bourriche i know u just baiting but it was such a shitshow when 139 dropped lol and the main controversy about the jjk ending is that the leaks can’t come out on time
Sep 26, 2:44 PM

Sep 2024
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Sep 26, 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Bourriche
@deg that's why AOT𓃵 PEAK FICTION ending is the greatest in manga history ❤️
@Bourriche shut up eren1990 you only know attack on titan and nothing else

@Dumb dont bother replying to that guy he is a attack on titan toxic superfan
Sep 26, 2:47 PM

Jul 2021
Though I've enjoyed JJK throughout the time I've watched and read it, this final wasn't the greatest in my opinion. Many voiced there dislike for the last arc with Sukuna vs everyone but I honestly enjoyed it. Though towards the end of that arc and onto Sukunas conclusion I was definitely let down. I would have expected more out Sukunas final moments but we only got a few panels. It was just like with Kenjaku another enjoyable villain with a not so great conclusion. Though one conclusion I did enjoy unlike most people would be Gojo's.

One of the few big let downs I had in this last arc though, was how many people where brought back after the final fight.

The moment Gege announced there was only a few chapters left many people assumed it was gonna be rough. But coming into this last chapter it doesnt really feel like an ending at least to me. I feel if there where a few more chapters and an actual funeral for everyone we lost, it wouldve been better. Though I will admit the final page being like the start of chapter one was cool.

Overall JJK is an enjoyable story and if your looking for a story with amazing action, a cool power system and a solid cast, Read JJK.

Sep 26, 3:07 PM

Dec 2021
People throw around the term "mickey mouse ending" loosely these days, but nah, that perfectly describes this ending. Everything is normal and everyone's having a jolly ol' time... just for the sake of it.

Seriously, I hope Gege doesn't continue this and this is it. I couldn't take 200 more chapters of this shitshow. Fights were cool and all, and that's it. This is carried by it's fights. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gege's art style is ass. His writing is ass. This show in general is ASS.

Sep 26, 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
full raws are out or rather arabian scans is here https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/fwMyDk6/1/1/
Sep 26, 3:23 PM

Nov 2023
Just saw the full raws and I wasn't expecting that last cameo. The Sukuna and Mahito conversation was the best part and saved it from being an otherwise downright bad ending. Although the official translation could butcher it.

I don't think I've ever read a final chapter where the mangaka is so bafflingly unsure of what they're writing, especially when it's one of, if not the most popular manga in the world currently.

As much as I've criticised Gege in the past I really thought he'd be one of the few mangaka to write a good finale, or at the very least I thought he'd make it interesting (e.g. Merger or last minute Kenjaku twist). Unfortunately, this ending feels a bit similar to The Promised Neverland's final chapter, where I vehemently disliked the final arc but the final chapter was acceptable enough considering it's previous mistakes (although JJK's final arc is still better than TPN's final arc).

Lets hope the anime can improve on what the manga lacked, especially in the areas it downright failed in. 2/5
HorsePersonManSep 27, 9:31 AM
Sep 26, 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
Sep 26, 4:14 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Dumb
@Bourriche i know u just baiting but it was such a shitshow when 139 dropped lol and the main controversy about the jjk ending is that the leaks can’t come out on time
@Dumb good thing most people saw the light and now give the AoT ending the respect it deserves fr 🙏
Sep 26, 5:29 PM
Aug 2020
Lackluster ending, but overall it was fine, Sukunas battle ended and we got a cute last little mission with the main cast.

Sukuna telling off Mahito was kinda neat.

Yeah its been a wild ride, I personally enjoyed it and had fun, the fights carried the manga.

Thats that, its really Gojover.

See you space cowboy
Sep 26, 5:41 PM

Apr 2022
huh deja vu thread.

it was a test of endurance but this how it feels to finally be freed from this mess;

i was on board until shibuya but the last 2 arcs being hot ass has lost me unfortunately and gojo being the highlight of this underwhelming final chapter is crazy work. thankfully no jjk shippuden announcement (yet?) because gege should just put the pen down at this point, but if there is a part 2, he should get another artist to draw so at least the fights can look cool. never expected things to end on this note when i first got into the series in 2021 when i was a fan but damn how the turntables, wasted potential and jjk's fall-off indeed needs to be studied. at least the discussions, memes and fan reactions have been fun, better than the actual chapters.
Sep 26, 6:05 PM
Apr 2021
chills....

it was fine. ppl seem rly mad but i dont think its that far off from the writing of the rest of the series. im not saying the rest of the series was bad, but its never been that cohesive. theres always been a mix of incredible moments like Higuruma and Yujis fight, mixed with some off tone stuff like Hana believing Sukuna to be Megumi.

the storys always bounced with how much attention and nuance it gives to certain comflicts so i dont feel very betrayed by this relatively low stakes, cheesy ending.

its not bad, its not great...its aight

Apr 2013
Gege just ain't built for this. I'm really curious what is next career move is because he was writing a shounen competing yearly with One Piece and developed it like it was nuisance instead of a gift.

Culling games was fine I guess (outside of the random army/world plot that went nowhere), but the concluding arc was simply a let-down and felt like things being thrown at the wall more than Gege having a clear narrative of where he wanted to go. At least we'll have Shibuya to remember.

Mangaka challenge: write a good ending.
Apr 2021
Reply to deg

@deg bro bleach fights r so ass wat r u talking ab :Sob:

bleach lore is so good and then youll have ichigo winning a fight just by being better :skull:
Sep 26, 6:12 PM
Nov 2023
IMO even if last 5 ch were kind of questionable no doubt jjk is prob the battle shounen ive had the most fun reading out of all them and might be in my top 10 series just based on entertainment. I rank the arcs Shinjuku (highest peaks and lows)> Shibuya >Culling Games> Zenin Mass Arc >Hidden Inventory> Rest.

Yuji and Sukuna dynamic was SSS tier and I think Yuji will be remembered fondly as years go by.

Overall excited for gege's next manga.

IMO I think 7DS, Magi, Bleach, Naruto, KHR and MHA had way worst endings tbh
Gitown234Sep 26, 8:04 PM
Sep 26, 6:13 PM
Mar 2017
rest in piss gojotards “b-but he has to be weincawnated!! he will be back the dweam and the clock and the covwing of his eye!!! mawk my woods when he sacwifices six eyes and wuturns for part 2…” stfu losers put the fries in the bag.

for what it’s worth i’m glad it’s over, we ball.
Sep 26, 6:14 PM

May 2019
Wym 271, guys? The manga already ended on 235. /j

Rest in mid, JJK.

If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 26, 6:23 PM
Jan 2021
Will have to re-read this story at some point. Was hoping they're would be a bit more of a solid wrap up to some of our characters but I guess this as good of an ending we could get without extending the story. I'd rather Gege just end it instead of continuing it without the passion behind it. I look forward to Gege's next manga. Let's all raise a glass to this great manga.
Sep 26, 7:23 PM

Jan 2017
The past 3-4 chapters were not the ending I had in mind or expected but it is one I can accept regardless. I don't care at all about any of that stupid Gojo revival stuff and am glad Gege kept his appearances as only flashbacks. I think I would have preferred the final chapter being a short time skip showing how the main cast has grown, but seeing Yuji speak with the cursed user with the sincerity Gojo spoke to him with was a nice substitute. I enjoyed the final conversation between Mahito and Sukuna, and I think its cool how it showed Sukuna followed his "might makes right" ideology even to this extent where he considers Yuji's viewpoints as a possibility since he lost in the end.
There's a lot of things I wish was addressed more regarding the ending, especially the whole Yuta swapping into Gojo's body thing but this is a story that has many moving parts and only so much time to spend on those areas so it is only natural some things will be left half baked.
Despite all of that, I had a lot of fun reading this story and I can't wait for the anime to come so I can relive these great moments from the manga.
Sep 26, 7:53 PM

Apr 2020
All I gotta say is that could have been a lot fucking worse.
Sep 26, 8:40 PM
Sep 2021

Disappointed. I wanted the merger to happen and see everyone die.

:(

Sep 26, 9:06 PM
Aug 2024
Two pages out of 19 actually made me feel something. This manga is dog water holy shit what is this ending it’s possibly the worst I’ve read. It doesn’t wrap up much of anything other than one character.
Sep 26, 9:14 PM

Apr 2023
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 26, 9:26 PM
Oct 2021
I actually like the ending, I was surprised to see so many people vote 1 lol.

it's an open-ended ending and that's fine, Mahito and Sukuna's talk was funny too. I like how in the end Mahito's hatred of humanity can never be overridden and everyone moved on while he left behind because he is quite literally programmed not to move on.

The other thing I liked was the Gojo flashback, it showed his goal realized. I'm glad that Yuji is now carrying on Gojo's dream.

The last mission felt like filler but it wasn't really offensive and it was a happy ending and good interaction between the main trio.

Also, for anyone saying JJK part 2. It's not gonna happen the finger is now just a talisman meaning there isn't actually any power in it, and it's just used to ward off curses instead of attract them, because Sukuna's soul isn't in it he moved on. So no JJK 2 copium!

Sukuna's character arc felt like a nice finish it was nice to see Sukuna's leaning on if I lose then that's that mentality.

Overall, 7/10 chapter for me.
Sep 26, 9:41 PM
Jun 2021
That was underwhelming asf :/
Sep 26, 9:50 PM

Jun 2017
Well, it wasn't the greatest ending to ever existe but it wasn't the worst.. I just hope Gege won't continue the story ._.
Sep 26, 10:03 PM

Oct 2013
As expected, it's a LOLCOW ending.
Anyways another one ends.

Night night ✌️
Signature.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 269 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Sep 11

64 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 265 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

72 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 156 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 27, 2021

35 by BaciHoplatan31 »»
Oct 12, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 19, 2023

409 by ToG25thBaam »»
Oct 11, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 227 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Jun 28, 2023

41 by ToG25thBaam »»
Oct 11, 6:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.