Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
Deku's arrival this episode triggers a lot of emotions. Not surprising at all after all the shit that went down and what he sees.

This episode deserved one of its iconic soundtracks so I'm glad to hear it again. Deku's so fired up that he seems like his life was ready for this moment. Quite a hyped episode imo with him facing off against Shigaraki. They have a long history and this episode reaches its climax.
Aug 17, 1:58 AM

Dec 2021
Deku's finally made it at last.

The manga never had these like two minute recap's at the beginning of the chapters, so I never really truly realized how much in shambles this world was at the same time lol. That aside, wouldn't really be a shounen without the typical "MC seeing one of the side characters "dead" or heavily damaged thanks to the villain so they go rage mode moment", now would it. He didn't really go rage mode though. This is MHA we're talking about after all.

Deku don't need no rage mode though. Not only did he go crazy, but animation went crazy as well. And ofc... you ALREADY KNOW SHIT'S GOING DOWN WHEN YOU SAY RUN STARTS PLAYING. Indeed it did because, MY FUCK BONES. First cour might have been handicapped thanks to the movie, but this second cour hasn't missed so far in terms of animation. This being the best animated episode of not just the season, I'd say arguably top ten in the show as a whole.

Sas fucking uga Bones. I know you had it in you. Deku's time ot shine is over though sadly. Onto the mutants it is.

Aug 17, 2:56 AM
Jul 2023
Now this a spectacle worth waiting for! the culmination year in the making put on display through the nth degree of production quality!

Truly an amazing experience.
Aug 17, 3:06 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Stark700
Deku's arrival this episode triggers a lot of emotions. Not surprising at all after all the shit that went down and what he sees.

This episode deserved one of its iconic soundtracks so I'm glad to hear it again. Deku's so fired up that he seems like his life was ready for this moment. Quite a hyped episode imo with him facing off against Shigaraki. They have a long history and this episode reaches its climax.
Amazing buildup fight
Deathlydash
Aug 17, 3:40 AM

Jul 2019
I will not forgive Bones for not animating the famous Blackwhip heart scene.
Aug 17, 3:50 AM
Dec 2022
Deku comes back in time with a smash into Shigaraki. The battle resembles a heavyweight punching fight. Looks like Deku can now increase and decrease his velocity of his blows. Plus he can combine all the previous quirk holders moves in sequence or together. Detroit Smash is now that much more powerful.
Aug 17, 3:59 AM
Sep 2015
This might be the best HeroAca season to date.

A fight before CM break we get a new variation of You Say Run which is darker and electro-heavy. And after CM break we get a normal variation of You Say Run for nostalgic feeling. It's not just about composing a good score but also using it in the right time at the right place, and Studio Bones just give the best answer to my question.
Aug 17, 4:09 AM

Apr 2022
ah i specifically remember when this chapter first dropped because bro went 2nd and 3rd gear, come get your boy luffy.
Aug 17, 4:30 AM

Aug 2017
I suspected crap when Isuku started with the recap, but overall, I really liked the episode. For a moment I thought that he was about to do a Kame Hame Ha. Could he extract kid Shigaraki from All for One masive finger body? I guess that the next episode will be about character reveals.
Aug 17, 5:01 AM
Jul 2024
Whether the ep is good or not depends on your expectations. Honestly, the eps didn't reach my expectations, I'm still imagining how epic this fight would be in the manga, but the adaptation lacks sakuga, the storyboard sequence is less dynamic, there are too many recaps which disturb the fight. But I'm not surprised considering they got strong animators for random movies but not for the show. It's just OK, this fight deserved better animation
Aug 17, 5:05 AM
Nov 2020
Describing the episode in one word :
EYEGASM 🔥
Aug 17, 5:06 AM
Jul 2020
With Deku arriving on the battle, fight shifted into a higher gear.... (pun intended). His powers are super hyped and OP. Also shout out to our boy Mirio. Him bringing senses to Deku made me smile. Even bigger smile i made when i saw Mirko being only one who was standing (Mirio doesn't count, cos he basically didn't fought). Probably that would be too big stretch, but i wish she still join to fight again. Now im only worried about fight vs Dabi. If any help won't come i guess Shoto is effed.
Aug 17, 5:44 AM

Jan 2009
finally deku completed all the quirks of one for all still my favorite quirk is fajin
Aug 17, 5:45 AM

Sep 2013
My favourite episode of the year and man did we get some treats in 2024 but Bones went Plus Ultra on that episode, mixed with such an anticipated fight i was on the edge of my seat the whole time, just great
Deep dark fantasies
Aug 17, 6:13 AM

Feb 2020
Oda is a GENIUS 🤯🐂👊
Aug 17, 6:24 AM

May 2015
Eyyy...some solid punches!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 17, 6:24 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After yet another break, it’s nice to finally see Midoriya versus Shigaraki, or would that be All For One, maybe both lol, and the timing of Midoriya getting there was thanks to Star’s high flying brothers, even after her death she’s still making a big difference. After the onslaught that Shigaraki caused, I do love to see him get a can of whoop-ass opened on him with an even more improved One For All thanks to the Gear Shift quirk, I was a little confused as first but we got an explanation for it very quickly. And afterwards I loved that Midoriya made use of pretty much every quirk within One For All to deal that final blow on Shigaraki, and it looked quite awesome too, it really feels like a culmination of everything Midoriya has learned, even getting the Detroit Smash in there. I also just liked seeing every past user of One For All for that visual too, very badass.

It’s just unfortunate that despite how things have really shifted in the heroes’ favor in the coffin battle, every other front is looking bad with the villains making a comeback, this episode felt like we were nearing the end of this war but not quite yet lol, the next episode looks like an interesting one tho, I’ve been wanting to see the fight against Spinner for a while now since they cut away from it.
Aug 17, 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
what a hyped episode !!

so banger and lit !!
Aug 17, 6:57 AM
Mar 2019
Reply to cupu717
Whether the ep is good or not depends on your expectations. Honestly, the eps didn't reach my expectations, I'm still imagining how epic this fight would be in the manga, but the adaptation lacks sakuga, the storyboard sequence is less dynamic, there are too many recaps which disturb the fight. But I'm not surprised considering they got strong animators for random movies but not for the show. It's just OK, this fight deserved better animation
@cupu717 Agreed. It's a well animated episode but it's FAR from the best this series has seen.
Aug 17, 7:30 AM
Oct 2016
Deku is here to wreck Shigaraki!!!!! Arriving with style thanks to the American fighter pilots who have bravely chosen to stay in Japan despite orders to retreat. Deku slingshot his way to the sky coffin much faster because of their help. Deku seeing how devastated everyone is after fighting Shigaraki sends him a near rage filled state. Lucky for Deku that Mirio is there to calm him down and remind Deku that all hope is not lost. Deku focusing back in looking badass as it gets! With the previous One For All users behind him Deku narrowing his gaze to the fused Shigaraki and All
for One. But not completely fused since as we saw with Mirio comments about friends there's still something in there fighting. Deku finally unleashing the second users quirk gearshift! A crazy strong ability do to it being enhanced by One For All over the many users. Able to increase the speed of objects he touches now down to the cell by cell make up of a body like Shigaraki. We got some incredible animation with Deku zipping around using all his quirks to sling Shigaraki around this sky coffin. Shigaraki trying his best to keep up but he just can't. Deku is too clean with his movements! Applying each quirk perfectly to keep Shigaraki and All For One off balance! Someone so power hungry as All For One could never understand the true strength that heroes have. Too focused on the ability itself and not on what to use it for he can't grasp being beaten like this. But it can never be so simple as beating him to a pulp. There's still more awakening to be done and fighting to be had. We'll come back here later, next is spotlight on Shoji and the heteromorphs struggle.
Aug 17, 7:31 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to cupu717
@cupu717 Exactly. YOUR personal expectations were not met. That means any disappointment is on YOU not the episode itself. Take some personal responsibility
Aug 17, 7:36 AM
Sep 2020
Sernikdomowy said:

did they miss something?
Aug 17, 7:41 AM

Jul 2020
Well this episode was about Deku punching Shigaraki and not much more. Not that I'm complaining because it definitely came across as a rather epic and climactic moment but there wasn't a lot else going on.
Aug 17, 7:44 AM
May 2024
The fight between Deku and Shigaraki It was very fast, the animation wasn't very good to tell the truth, not only in this episode, but in all the ones that have come out so far.

Some things like the angry Deku scene were very poorly done, It had no weight whatsoever to the plot...

episode with poor direction, in my opinion. Could have been better.
Aug 17, 7:56 AM
Oct 2023
perfect in all time of the episode.the animation,ost,seyu voice all.I had chills even until the end of the episode and after.this is so absolutly perfect.thanks bones
Aug 17, 7:59 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to Dukino
@cupu717 Exactly. YOUR personal expectations were not met. That means any disappointment is on YOU not the episode itself. Take some personal responsibility
@Dukino Many people are overhyped with this ep considering how epic it is in the manga, many people are expecting mob level animation, expecting Nakamura in this ep, expecting it to be an amazing fight, not just average.
Aug 17, 8:03 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Probably the best episode coming from this season considering the full impact of the Detroit smash.

Using the abilities of the different One for All previous wielders is something I have been craving for and here it is in full force. The "not One Piece" quirk, float, tailwhip, smokescreen and charge all used in unison can make for quite the spectacle whenever the hero speech is not put in full force. With that punch one would think that the matter should've been resolved.

But this is MHA so of course it isn't and there's some other bullshit quirk to deal with now.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 17, 8:36 AM

Jan 2018
About time some planes showed up to give Deku a lift. He was traveling alone for so many episodes.

That fight scene with Shigaraki had so much impact. I liked how Deku channeled so many quirks to beat him up. But he's still not quite done yet. Too bad the next episode won't follow up on that. Though I would like to know how Endeavour is dealing with All For One. I hope that's gonna be the episode after the next.
Aug 17, 9:36 AM
Jun 2019
I almost cried again when Deku saw Bakugo lying there. He was in shock😭
Aug 17, 9:42 AM
Dec 2017
epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic
Aug 17, 9:52 AM

Apr 2020
Again the anime made a better job than the manga on action scenes.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 17, 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
Sheesh what an episode. It's episodes like this one that really made me fall in love with this series back in its earlier seasons, and while that love has waned over time, I can most definitely appreciate episodes like this where the animators go crazy. And the icing on the cake for any hype action scene in MHA will always come in the form of You Say Run playing in the background. I'll never get tired of hearing that iconic OST.

Easily the best episode of the season up to this point. Let's keep going strong.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 17, 10:05 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that this episode showed how Deku got to the Coffin in the sky so quickly thanks to Star & Stripe's friends in their fighter jets giving Deku a chance to use his blackwhip on them to go even faster. That explains his brutally fast entrance while hitting Tomura at the same time.

The fight itself was pretty intense and a great showcase of how well Midoriya is using his quirks to batter Tomura as hard as he can. It was a visual spectacle when he unleashed his Detroit Smash twice, but despite looking to have won, the fight isn't over by any means.

Next time, we should see more of what Spinner has become and how the other heroes are handling that particular location. It should make for another tense, but satisfying episode, hopefully.
Aug 17, 10:10 AM
Apr 2020
This anime was good when deku had that handicap of breaking his limbs whenever he uses his power. A protagonist doing the best with what he has was a breath of fresh air in shonen genre, now he is just a generic, unstoppable and overpowered hero with multiple quirks. Also why does this anime feels the need to include so many flashbacks in every episode. The fight was decent. It could've been better if not for the constant interruption.
Aug 17, 10:14 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Half recap episode after 2 weeks.
Still okay.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 17, 10:47 AM
Dec 2023
PEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Aug 17, 10:50 AM

Dec 2018
I hate cliffhangers but it was nice to see midoriya getting help from the stealth bombers and showing up with the smash lol. Nice to see they didn't totally write off the USA. I was waiting for the "United States of Smash" but we didn't get it but it was cool seeing the former one for all in that wicked punch.
Aug 17, 10:51 AM

Aug 2015
omg that ep was SO GOOD, i love the new op as well.
Aug 17, 11:31 AM
Jan 2017
This was an amazing episode. Was totally worth the wait!!

Apr 2012
Worst shit ever.

How crap Deku looks aside, the animation hit rock bottom. Meaningless effects and suddenly punching Shigaraki works.

"I want to save that boy" - how Deku separates All for One and Shigaraki as if the latter wasn't an evil murderer even without All for One's involvement, absolutely infuriating.

And STOP pretending that Bakugo will die. As if this anime has the guts to do that. Now even the guy fixing his heart might survive as opposed to what was said last week.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 2017
Reply to SenpaiTM
Half recap episode after 2 weeks.
Still okay.
@SenpaiTM The recap was only 2 minutes in the beginning. The rest was just fine pacing I thought?
Aug 17, 11:34 AM
Aug 2022
W episode they did Gearshift justice I hope they continue with this type of pacing
Aug 17, 11:49 AM

May 2016
I was hyped but too much flash backs and replaying old stuff.
the OP/ED still banging can't skip them.
Aug 17, 11:55 AM

Dec 2022
man this went hard though ..... happened and i just coundnt enjoy the first half
but when midoriya came that was quite epic the fight was nice too much smoke though
Aug 17, 12:01 PM
Sep 2021
HERMOSO CAPÍTULO, LLORÉ AL VER LA HERMOSA FORMA EN QUE ADAPTARON EL OVERDRIVE
Aug 17, 12:26 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Volts71
Sernikdomowy said:

did they miss something?
@Volts71

They missed this specific panel from the manga.
Aug 17, 12:53 PM
May 2017
Lots of recap again
Bones having budget issues besides those 3 panels of animation
Story helping villains way more than heroes
Who knows if kohei had his way, the lines bw good bad would've been even more more blurrier than they're now. Not in the moral sense but in the individuals acting their will for their dreams kinda way for the society.
I knew a bit about gearbox, it looks goofy and the circles and colored lines look very amateur animation as well
Poor afo crying against 2nd was hilarious, like a manchild
So afoMura pushed tenko back but the grey tenko already wants to hurt cause he wasn't saved, so maybe don't push him inside
Dabi gets lamer, like copying shoto and he's showing off like he's hotshot, I guess he's showing off to the masterpiece.
Still very lame dabi just copying original moves of everyone else
Getting less cool by the minute
After last episode disrespect of Mirio, it was nice to see him bw the leader of heroes
Deku just losing cool again is so silly, man how're u gonna follow Allmight
Now we pause so that main story can cook later, off to side characters like Koda Shoji spinner
Osts are great by hayashi, new revengers, and ysr obviously
Aug 17, 12:54 PM
May 2017
Reply to Sernikdomowy
@Volts71

@Sernikdomowy they effed up shoto fight too
Aug 17, 1:03 PM

Nov 2009
Deku saw Baku ded on the floor

And he unleashed his last power he was holding back

(almost went berserk tho, but got brought back by ButtDude)

Also, when Tamura launched off, the entire cage slanted, while everyone was going "AHHH", EngineerGirl was still focusing on her stuff, lol.

Deku's combining every ability he have to use as one. Kinda funny... TBH... Since Deku's One 4 All, and Tamura's All 4 One. But in this moment, Deku's also All 4 One in combining abilities into one combo. (to beat All4One, you need to combine all you have as one)

___ ___ ___

___ ___ ___

Feels kinda like a coincidence tho... maybe the manga artist drew the heart unintentionally and the anime is just showing what it should be like when it's actually moving instead of static panels.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 17, 1:04 PM
May 2021
Deku's fights are always fire 🔥🔥. This episode was lit man and the Detroit smash with an epic soundtrack just perfect
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12

129 by Fatephile »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5

153 by Undeadgirl »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

82 by Undeadgirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

86 by Undeadgirl »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

119 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.