Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 10 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
So this show has some dungeon crawler elements after all. Alicia got involved in this along with Yumiella.

They also had some time flying with Yumiella's dragon although it seems Alicia isn't used to flying. Yikes. I think they're trying to build more of a bond between the two and it's entertaining.
Mar 12, 8:51 AM

Dec 2021
Yumiella to the rescue!

Yumiella finds Alicia, who was previously missing, near the dungeon they discussed earlier. Yumiella encourages Alicia to level up within the dungeon, but the approach proves to be as challenging as ever. Together, they venture into it to enhance Alicia's level. Along the journey, Yumiella notices that the storyline of Light Magic and the Hero seems to be influencing their decisions and routes. After learning many new spells and attacks, Alicia finally defeats the boss and conquers the dungeon, while also leveling up significantly. After leaving the dungeon, Yumiella suggests that they should ride on Ryu and check out what the demon lord's up to.

Ah, so Alicia didn't even want to come to this school at first... but since it's a game, she has to do all this stuff to move the story forward. No wonder she always seemed so stressed, even with Ed and the others. I'm glad she feels close enough to Yumiella to tell her this. Lol... I love this silly CGI dragon. It's so dumb, it bit the guard and called it a day. I can't take this world seriously, what are these monsters in this dungeon? A lion with wings, a big chicken, and more. And the final boss? Not only can he talk, but his CGI is terrible. Still, nothing a Yumiella Punch or Kick can't handle. But at least Alicia beat him in the end. Poor girl thought she went to heaven and saw her grandpa... lmao.

Alicia's had a tough day... reaching well over level 50 isn't easy. But Yumiella won't make it any easier from here. Hope Alicia's ready for what's next.

Mar 12, 8:55 AM

Feb 2019
The power of plot compels you!

Wow, very interesting episode. I assumed Alicia was being mind controlled, but not by some invisible concept like the will of the game. Don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like that in an otome adaptation. If the game is determined to put Alicia where she’s supposed to be, wouldn’t that mean she and Yumiella are destined to square off at the end like in the game? The fact she didn’t even want to come to this school or get so involved with Edwin is crazy! That’s gotta be so scary for her.

That aside, it was cool seeing Alicia and Yumiella fight together and Alicia getting to level up without being protected by the guys. The CGI for the dungeon boss was horrible, but that Yumiella punch was awesome lol. All in all a very valuable experience for both girls. Just what they needed to become closer.

So Alicia is already over level 50, that makes her just about as strong as that one royal knight, right? That’s crazy. I wonder just how high she’ll be able to climb. The boys couldn’t help being flustered with how cute she looks still 😂 hopefully that motivates them to get stronger as well. Poor Patrick feeling left behind too.. at least Yumiella got him a spear he can do some dungeon raiding with.

Fun episode
Marinate1016Mar 12, 9:29 AM
Mar 12, 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
Well Yumiella had some nice alone time with Alicia tho it was pretty hard on Alicia, she seems to get Yumiella's intentions tho.
And it was a good thing that Alicia got to do some training without overprotective people around which raised her level by a lot.
It remains to be seen whether Alicia will go dungeon diving with Yumiella again tho.
Patrick seems to be happy with his new spear.
Mar 12, 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
With Yumella being able to find Alicia and break her out of her own spell, she was just worried and concerned about her own life and magic, particularly because of her affinity for light magic, since the day of the Martial Arts competition, as well as taking Edwin out on her own. This, to Yumiella, basically confirms the Otome Game that she's been playing, Alicia has been following the scenario events thus far, and obviously there's no point telling her this because she would be confused. And the game plot to have Alicia level up and drag her to the Varius dark dungeon, I still just can't funnily get enough of Ryu's greeting being chumping on someone's head. And Yumiella, having been through the dungeon, provides a walkthrough for Alicia, though she's not making it easy for the supposed hero to make use of her light magic to make her level up and progress through the game, through many trials and tribulations.

The terrible low-quality CGI aside, Yumiella and Alicia reaching the Boss at the 50th Floor, it looks asif that Alicia isn't strong enough to face it, through Yumiella is One Punch Girl to get their reward instantly, aside from the Amulets of Protection which shields her from death. And Yumiella...she isn't done with Alicia going into the same dungeon over and over again, leveling up as fast as possible, facing the same Boss with different rewards, until she was able to defeat the Boss and get the Holy Sword reward. Well, that was a doozy conquering the dungeon in such short time, and Yumiella suddenly wanting to locate the Demon Lord, Alicia isn't being so used to sitting on Ryu's back. But the forces of the game's plot progressing forward, at least there's meaning to Alicia's much-needed character growth.

If both the villainess and hero are working together, it's such a different enigma, and in a good way. But reaching Level 50, it's not enough for the Demon Lord yet.
Mar 12, 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
Alicia finally getting her levels up, and honestly hope this means they can be more friends with Yumiella, that was cute to see.
Mar 12, 9:36 AM
Sep 2015
Yumiella seems to think that Alicia's automatic move is driven by the game system. But I think someone's actually controlling her, you know, the player behind the fourth wall, this is a game after all.
Mar 12, 9:43 AM

Dec 2022
well people i think Elenora hillrose bribed the animators to make the ed with her and the prince

anyway this kingdom is getting too strong with not only one level 99 but Patrick might reach that too(he wears the amulet of growth) and Alicias also op
Mar 12, 10:17 AM
Apr 2015
I came here to see what other people thought of the episode since I've loved the show so far but as a LN reader I hated this episode and what it did to the original plot. I guess it means the ending changes from the LN...which I guess will be fun. But it was such a letdown to me and I needed a reality check to the enjoyability of the episode. I'm glad that so many people thought it was cute and fun.

And I'm glad to see that someone else thinks the CGI is absolutely terrible as well! Really distracting and I have no idea why they decided to do that.
Mar 12, 11:16 AM

Dec 2018
Yumiella Kick! Lol this was a fun and rewarding episode. Good for Alicia, and it looks like we've got more friends.
Mar 12, 11:16 AM

Apr 2009
Man, Alicia screaming is grating on my ears...
Well, she's trying her best and is leveling up which is good, they need her power of light.
Mar 12, 11:32 AM

Dec 2013
It was ncie to see Alicia get stronger and gain some confidence, shame Yumiella's teaching methods makes boding with her a bit harder than it should be.
Mar 12, 11:41 AM

Feb 2007
Yumiella's usual High Int, Low Wis hijinks aside, it's great to see that she finally got Alicia who still keeps perceiving her as this mass of dark power to genuinely smile at her. ^_^
Mar 12, 12:13 PM
Feb 2022
phantomfandom said:
Yumiella seems to think that Alicia's automatic move is driven by the game system. But I think someone's actually controlling her, you know, the player behind the fourth wall, this is a game after all.

I'm thinking it's like in that kobayashi comment otome game something something. Yeah I've completely forgotten the name although I found it a fun show.
Mar 12, 12:28 PM

Mar 2018
alicia sure does scream alot.
Mar 12, 1:18 PM
Jan 2024
Every time the number of episodes increases, the story becomes more interesting, which starts from a story that has been written until the story changes because a human enters the game world where the MC can't force everything (it's proven that the MC and Yumiella can't enter the end story directly even if they just peek)
Mar 12, 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
I got to hear Alicia's lovely voice screaming in this episode by a lot... hehehe.

P.S. It's music to my ears.

At the end, I got to see her smile. It was worth it.
CrazyButNot4UMar 12, 1:53 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 12, 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
that's interesting, as the protagonist of the game, she is expected to do certain things to advance the story, so the game takes control of her body, makes sense tbh

i don't think i ever heard so many girl screams in one episode, but was funny to see Yumi taking Alicia into the dungeon many times, thanks to that they got multiple new weapons (Yumi's dark sword, Alicia's light sword and Patrick's wind lance), and more importantly, Alicia is possibly the 2nd strongest person in the academy now, being over level 50, with lots of new spells and a lot more confidence

2 episodes left, i wonder what will happen next, and if we will get a 2nd season, i'm sure there's still lots of story left
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 12, 1:47 PM

Feb 2019
finally, the heroine got to kick some butts without her three knights in shining armor getting in her way & defeating the monsters instead of her. and she should be happy ryu took a liking to her...or maybe not coz he did the same thing to those dungeon guards too lol
Mar 12, 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
i read the novel long ago so i dont quite remember this point
bruh
Mar 12, 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Time to farm some dungeons, seemed like it could grow on her at the beginning.
Mar 12, 2:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
There’s a very interesting thing going on with Alicia that Yumiella discovered in regards to her doing things she doesn’t mean to do, and it’s that despite the fact the game world seems real, the plot is still forcing certain events to happen whether Alicia wants them to or not, making for some out of character moments. I was thinking more along the lines of Alicia actually being played like a video game character but I like the direction this went in too, don’t think I’ve seen that before in one of these video game world shows and I like the idea a lot.

Besides this revelation there was some fun to be had with Alicia and Yumiella taking on a dungeon together, Alicia’s reactions to everything was funny and it was nice seeing her eventually defeat the boss, and Yumiella ended up getting new weapons out of it so that’s a plus despite her level being maxed out already lol. And I was also kinda excited to see the demon lord since Yumiella knows where it is but something keeping them from making it there was a bit of a letdown but also kinda cool, the weird weather patterns and passing the same place multiple times was pretty spooky, of course Yumiella wasn’t that phased by it lol.
Mar 12, 2:38 PM
Sep 2015
Animation quality is increasingly getting worse, feels like it is going downards? Like that dragon landing scene in the beginning...
FoorackMar 12, 3:01 PM
Mar 12, 2:57 PM
Oct 2022
Oh no, I bet the will of the game will be something that causes problems later on, after all, Yumi is still the hidden boss oh noooooo she's a good child :"(((
Mar 12, 6:39 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode. No amulet of growth but a protection one?! This is not the yumiella I know!

With how clear it is Alicia goes into autopilot I fear she will be forced to fight Yumiella by the plot and with Yumiella training her she might actually be a threat to her in the future.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 12, 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
Poor Alicia she is forced to move against the plot.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 12, 9:19 PM

Apr 2023
No pain, no gain, Alicia! lol
Mar 12, 9:52 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to chibikarik
I came here to see what other people thought of the episode since I've loved the show so far but as a LN reader I hated this episode and what it did to the original plot. I guess it means the ending changes from the LN...which I guess will be fun. But it was such a letdown to me and I needed a reality check to the enjoyability of the episode. I'm glad that so many people thought it was cute and fun.

And I'm glad to see that someone else thinks the CGI is absolutely terrible as well! Really distracting and I have no idea why they decided to do that.
@chibikarik

Can you say what they changed for the episode?
With as little spoilers as possible.

Would love to know what exactly has been changed.
Mar 12, 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
Reply to KikiSohma
@chibikarik

@KikiSohma

Mar 13, 1:27 AM
Apr 2021
This was a really interesting yet fun episode to watch this entity known as “the plot” is a mysterious addition to this show and I wonder if “the plot” would force Yumiella to do stuff she doesn’t want to do like it did with Alicia🤔

LMAO bro Alicia running out yelling and screaming was so cute and adorable yet funny asf, she was so scared for her entire life in this episode, the VA was really killing it with that screaming ong😭😭😭🤣😭😭😭

I’m sorry to the animator and shit but…….bro the animation in this show is so subpar it’s like they’re just doing the bare minimum of what’s passable for an anime like the CGI dragon and dungeon boss just makes me laugh at how bad the animation is💀💀💀💀💀

Tbh Alicia was such an enjoyable character to watch in this episode and I know the reason, it’s bc she wasn’t with those 3 annoying ass princes who can’t do a single thing without Alicia 2 ft near them🤦🏽‍♂️ so this entire episode of just Alicia spending time with Yumiella was a breathe of fresh air and I hope she does more things with Yumiella instead of the princes🙌🏽
Mar 13, 1:49 AM
Apr 2015
Reply to KikiSohma
@chibikarik

@KikiSohma Marina2 summarized it better than I could have. The LN makes a good change to the norm. The anime seems to want to go the normal predictable route. The LN has some decent discourse on discrimination which the anime seems to have dropped completely.
Mar 13, 2:04 AM
Apr 2018
Alicia's shadow is so weird in this ep

Mar 13, 2:39 AM
Apr 2023
It's funny that Yumiella is a reincarnation of someone who used to play and control Alicia's character in the game, and right now she just 'controlled' her to go through and conquer the dungeon and level up a bit. 😆
Mar 13, 5:23 AM
Aug 2023
this episode was pretty cute!!

it made me mad when Alicia said she was holding the boys back, when actually THEY'VE been holding HER back in a major way!!!

I, too, am concerned about what Alicia's lack of free will means for the end of the game plot, but I'm also concerned about what it means for the characters AFTER the timeline of the game ends. Like, will they be able to live the rest of their lives in peace, or will they just...poof?
Mar 13, 8:52 AM
Feb 2023
Zaxphred said:
well people i think Elenora hillrose bribed the animators to make the ed with her and the prince

anyway this kingdom is getting too strong with not only one level 99 but Patrick might reach that too(he wears the amulet of growth) and Alicias also op

lol, that bribing sounds very plausible
Mar 13, 2:41 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to Marina2
@KikiSohma

@Marina2

Thank you for the info :)
Mar 13, 2:41 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to chibikarik
@KikiSohma Marina2 summarized it better than I could have. The LN makes a good change to the norm. The anime seems to want to go the normal predictable route. The LN has some decent discourse on discrimination which the anime seems to have dropped completely.
@chibikarik

Thanks for the added info :)
Mar 13, 6:12 PM

Feb 2011
Yumiella punchy!

Yumiella kicky!

I loved her and Alicia working together. Fantastic episode.

Mar 14, 3:38 AM

Sep 2016
Objectively the best episode ever (just tone down Alicia screaming every three seconds though, pls).
It reminded me of that Naruto Shippuuden episode with Tobi and Deidara, that was also the objectively best episode of its series.

Had to tone down my laughs as I was watching this at 2 AM lol.

Welp now the series has peaked, hopefully we get two amazing last episodes now. Fingers crossed.

FullyChargedMar 14, 3:41 AM
bruh
Mar 14, 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
They changed so much compared to the light novel. I really don’t know how I feel about it. Like. On the one hand I always felt that the light novel didn’t give Alicia enough “screen time” or character development so I am so happy to watch her actually be used in the anime. On the other since I read the light novel first all I could think of was “wait that’s not how this goes”. It’s just so different. And the video game influencing how the characters act wasn’t in the LN at all. With Yumiella and Alicia having a different relationship and that game thing, I can kind of see how they are going to end the arc, but if they do what I am thinking, I don’t think I am going to like it. But I might not hate it either. I liked how the LN originally did the story, but I wasn’t too happy with how Alicia was handled in it. I am liking that Alicia is now being used in the anime and I kind of like her character arc, but it is going to change so much of the ending and how things turned out. Also makes me wonder what they are going to do if they adapt more of the light novels. They probably will never get to the most recent English release of the LN, but if they do I think they’d have to change a lot of it.
Also. Just the difference in how Alicia obtains the light sword in this compared to the light novel just changes so much.
Mar 14, 11:49 AM
Apr 2015
Reply to justhuman22
They changed so much compared to the light novel. I really don’t know how I feel about it. Like. On the one hand I always felt that the light novel didn’t give Alicia enough “screen time” or character development so I am so happy to watch her actually be used in the anime. On the other since I read the light novel first all I could think of was “wait that’s not how this goes”. It’s just so different. And the video game influencing how the characters act wasn’t in the LN at all. With Yumiella and Alicia having a different relationship and that game thing, I can kind of see how they are going to end the arc, but if they do what I am thinking, I don’t think I am going to like it. But I might not hate it either. I liked how the LN originally did the story, but I wasn’t too happy with how Alicia was handled in it. I am liking that Alicia is now being used in the anime and I kind of like her character arc, but it is going to change so much of the ending and how things turned out. Also makes me wonder what they are going to do if they adapt more of the light novels. They probably will never get to the most recent English release of the LN, but if they do I think they’d have to change a lot of it.
Also. Just the difference in how Alicia obtains the light sword in this compared to the light novel just changes so much.
@justhuman22 Yup same thoughts! Only I think I'm not going to like the ending at all because of this change. Oh well...the show was still so much fun! Love the Y&P interactions!
Mar 14, 11:52 AM
Jul 2021
chibikarik said:
@justhuman22 Yup same thoughts! Only I think I'm not going to like the ending at all because of this change. Oh well...the show was still so much fun! Love the Y&P interactions!

Honestly seeing Yumiella animated made this anime worth it. My imagination didn’t do her justice. And of course her interactions with Patrick are always great.
Mar 15, 9:30 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I knew I'd dislike Alicia the second I saw her in episode one. Her "kyaaa" in this episode hurt my ears. Damn. Hopefully she doesn't have to "kyaaa" anymore in her future fights!
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Mar 15, 11:57 PM
Sep 2021
It was all about Alicia leveling up with the help of yumiella & they also gain necessary items & yumiella also learned how the plot is the reason for Alicia's sudden behavior changes.
Mar 17, 6:34 PM

Sep 2018
It's really that animation of the dragon that I hate tbh
Mar 17, 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
An episode wasted on pink hair, wasn't bad but still. Anyway atleast she won't be useless now and they got some cool weapons too.
Mar 18, 5:25 AM

Sep 2023
Yumiella is as clueless as ever. She loves farming so much, she misses it and even wants to relive it again through Alicia!
Mar 18, 6:19 AM
Oct 2023
guilty pleasure..
Mar 19, 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
Alicia...

Interesting, so she thinks someone or something is controlling her movements.

And I was just watching some ppls play the new Final Fantasy Rebirth a few days ago...

This totally reminded me of "the whispers"... which strangely feels like what's going on here with Alicia, the "will/ fate/ destiny" is forcing Alicia (and everyone in it) to go through the original game's elements, plots and events even if there are slight changes due to Yumi's level.

Hehe, Yumi takes Alicia to train.

HAHA @ Ryuu... Yumi: "what happened?, something come up?" ... Alicia: "I don't think that's it..."

LOL @ Alicia just spamming skill at random while SCREAMING at everything

Alicia's personality makes me want to bully her... she seems really fun to tease at. LOL

But... Yumi noticed that Alicia's leveling is a lot faster than her. And is SUS that something REALLY is wrong here.

Also, RIP Eleanora again, she had to look at Alicia hugging Ed, haha.

So many Alicia chibi heads this episode tho... could use a lot of them for Stickers or Emotes.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 20, 2:00 PM

Nov 2017
A ridiculous way to search for the demon lord lol. All's well that ends well I guess
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Isekai Trash

lotus_eater - Oct 11

31 by acidbart »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26

101 by dvt »»
Oct 8, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6

68 by Turecki_kebab »»
Aug 23, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5

46 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27

63 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.