Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is fire with the amount of blushing and Rentarou getting directly involved with harem tropes already.

Seriously, I think he just goes through too much dealing with love. Not fun from his viewpoint but amusing to the audience. The whole dating and romance concepts are taken to another level with the plot direction. They even had to introduce a shrine god to add more the amusement.

Animation quality looks decent and this adapts the character designs from the manga pretty well. That ending was priceless.
Oct 8, 2023 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
Rent-a-Girlfriend? Pfft. Domestic Girlfriend? Pfft. Girlfriend, Girlfriend? Pfft. I want The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You!

After graduating middle school, Rentarou Aijou musters the courage to confess his feelings to the girl he loves. Sadly, it marks his 100th consecutive rejection. Weary from a string of heartbreaks, he visits a matchmaking shrine, praying for a high school romance. Suddenly, the shrine's god materializes, assuring Rentarou that he will encounter one hundred soulmates during his high school years. Initially skeptical, Rentarou soon discovers the truth in the god's words when two soulmates, Hakari Hanazono and Karane Inda, confess their feelings on the very day they meet him. However, there's a crucial detail the god omitted: if any of Rentarou's soulmates fail to enter a relationship with him, they will die. Now faced with matters of life and death, Rentarou chooses to date all of his soulmates. With a heart expansive enough to accommodate one hundred girlfriends, Rentarou embraces this unforeseen chapter of his high school life, witnessing Rentarou's Harem grow with each passing episode!

I've been delaying reading the manga for this series because I wanted to first experience it in anime form. However, speaking of the manga, I came across a infamous panel of Rentarou, going on a bit of a tirade. I'm curious to see how and if they'll adapt that. This story seems to have no bounds in terms of how absurd it can get—this anime doesn't just play around with romance cliches. The occasional fourth wall breaks add a clever and humorous touch, especially when the creators cheekily fast-forwarded to high school without any logical progression. Fortunately, Rentarou is a genuinely likable character, far from the run-of-the-mill romcom protagonist he may initially seem. The two girls introduced so far are equally endearing, particularly Karane, whose charmingly tsundere nature has already established her as the top-tier waifu. No question about it

It appears that things are about to get even wilder from here. I'm curious to see how Rentarou manages his girlfriends, especially considering there are 98 more to come in the near future. PEAK HAS ARRIVED!

May 2020
Now, how unlucky a guy could be if he gets rejection after rejection after rejection and… thus repeats the thing for a record 100 times. Aijou Rentarou is his name, and despite having “Ai” in his name, he’s devoid of love throughout his life until now… making a world record of 100 rejections.. by the time of his middle school graduation.

Only a god could help such a poor soul right? And so they did, a literal god lol. Rentarou might have paid a visit to the shrine just to complain, but see his fate… the god literally came for him, and told him his forthcoming fate… his fate of landing 100 whole girlfriends in high-school. And look, it didn’t even take much and the project 100 girlfriends started… with the first two being, Hakari and Karane.

Karane’s a classic classic tsundere right from anime textbooks and Hakari’s a huge degenerate lol. Loved the first meeting of all three, that “my leg is hurting” sequence, and then the four leaf clover segment. It just took this much, and the two already confessed to Rentarou, all thanks to his special powers lol. But there's a twist, he could not just go and pick one of them… HE HAS TO GO OUT WITH BOTH, as otherwise the girls would die.

God is as silly as he could be, but that was the best part. Rentarou came, confessed, and said it out aloud his intentions of going out with both of them. HE’S ALREADY TWO-TIMING.. 98 more remaining in the quest.

Loved the heck out of this first episode. This looks good, sounds good, and they’re adapting at a proper pace too. The biggest fear was humour not landing well, but they knocked it out of the park, any such fear. Great.

Jul 2017
The harem to end all harems, the gigachad to end all gigachads.

I have purposefully and intentionally avoided ALL the memes and the manga to know that mangaka Rikito Nakamura and illustrator Yukiko Nozawa's 100 Girlfriends will be one of the BIGGEST hits of the Fall 2023 season (aside from that ONE legendary manga panel).

For Rentaro Aijo, having been rejected by girls for 100 times, he's dying to get a relationship, even his first in the age of 8 months, as much as his Friend A tries to cheer him up. And out of options, Rentaro goes to a shrine to pray for romantic luck, which the God of Love knows how much he wants to hook up, and he bestows 100 girlfriends on him that will become his soulmates. And luck has it that he met his match in high school: Hakari Hanazono and Karane Inda, whom have their ankles hurt and want Rentaro to carry them both to the infirmary: one a real sweetie with the yandere hidden, and the other, a pure tsundere. And luck as it that both Hakari and Karane are also in the same class as him, which after hearing the confession done with a four-leaf clover to make their dreams come true, both girls race to find it, and not caring much. For Rentaro to share a drink with Karane, she's OK, but when it came to Hakari, she failed spectacularly and landed the first hopeful confession for Rentaro...if only Karane didn't show up and did the same as Hakari to confess her love as well. To choose between two beauties, going for a commercial (if you're watching this on Japanese TV) makes a lot of comedy sense lols.

Faced with the prospect of choosing 1 out of the 2, Rentaro is in an extreme dilemma, and he goes back to the shine to meet the God of Love to make things clear. While the regular human has only one soulmate, Rentaro has 100 thanks to him watching a Studio Ghibli movie on TV and inputting that wrongly. But that has a consequence, where if he dated one and not the other, she would die, literally leaving Rentaro with no options but to choose them both, not date separately (like Kakkou na Iinazuke) but two-timing together at the same time (like Kanojo mo Kanojo) in order to save them from death imminent. And to make things more apparent, Rentaro has both pink four-leaf clovers with him, one for each girl. Karane thinks that Rentaro is two-timing, but it's not, and they're both hit with his utmost sincerity to date him.

The polyamorous relationship has begun, but Rentaro has another 98 soulmates to go...what will happen!?

The manga is a riot, and the anime is 100 TIMES that! Gonna expect ONE MASTERPIECE HELL of an adaptation!
KANLen09Oct 15, 2023 5:02 AM
Oct 8, 2023 7:02 AM
Aug 2016
First episode adaptation was actually perfect, it even better then in the manga? Direction, jokes tempo, everything had so much soul! I'm afraid if they manage to keep adaptation quality later on, feels like a lot of effort for Bibury. Anyway, can't wait for episode 2
Oct 8, 2023 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
The meme of the decade the anime is here. Was a funny and amusing start though. The god really put the score down on his soulmate count. Do a better job old man. Both of the girls are cute, pink hair one is thicc af too and the tsundere is nice too. Curious to see what the rest of the girls will be like. 2 down, 98 more to go.
Oct 8, 2023 7:44 AM

Feb 2021
Finally, the adaptation of my first and one of my favorite manga!
This is the first time I'm a manga reader right from the start (there was Tonikaku Kawaii season 2 but I was anime-only for season 1)

Also like in Komi-san, literally everyone's names are puns here.
愛城 恋太郎 (Aijou Rentarou):
愛城 (Aijou) sounds the same as 愛情 (aijou) - "love; affection"
恋太郎 (Rentarou) - 恋 (ren) - (romantic) love, 太郎 (tarou) - a very common part of boys' given names.

花園 羽香里 (Hanazono Hakari):
花園 (Hanazono) - flower garden (not sure what this is referencing, maybe just a regular last name)
羽香里 (Hakari) from 謀 (hakarigoto) - "plan; strategy​" because of her scheming.

院田唐音(Inda Karane) - this one is from じゃないんだからね (janainda kara ne) - "It's not like-" and いいんだからね (iinda kara ne) - something like "just so you know" or "it's okay, you know"

I love the artstyle.
To manga readers:

I feel like the gag with god's "hair" and reference to Tokyo Ghould weren't in the manga? If this is true then I love these changes.
LMAO the 4th wall breaks! There are a lot of these in the manga.
I remember that twist, thank god he didn't didn't lie to any of them.
I see many characters that (I think) won't even be introduced this season! Nice!

The ED is soooo good! Looking forward to seeing the OP next week too!
It's such a joy when a manga you like gets a good adaptation such as this. I'm going to enjoy this so damn much.

Leaks said that this will run for 2 cours, if this is true then I'll be over the moon, sun, and the whole solar system.
EmbientOct 8, 2023 8:54 AM
Oct 8, 2023 8:03 AM
Sep 2022
The anime that I really, really, really, really, really love
Oct 8, 2023 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
Peak fiction has arrived
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2023 8:13 AM
Aug 2023
CHADTARO IS COME, adaptasi yang bagus dan semoga konsisten untuk kedepannya.
Oct 8, 2023 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
A PERFECT FIRST EPISODE. They got right pretty much EVERYTHING.

I really hope Bibury can continue on this path, because the source material absolutely deserves it.
Oct 8, 2023 8:16 AM
Aug 2016
How are the subtitles guys? Is there a difference between Muse Asia or Crunchyroll? 100gf's not exactly the easiest series to translate and with recent subpar job from big simulcast companies, I'm worrying about subs quality.
Oct 8, 2023 8:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Everyone's favorite meme manga finally gets to take the spotlight o7

Been a long time coming
Oct 8, 2023 8:22 AM

Oct 2021
Such an insane premise executed perfectly, this is peak harem indeed.
Oct 8, 2023 8:30 AM

Sep 2019
How's he gonna give time to 100 girlfriends? If he spends a day with 3-4 of them, it'll still take a month for him to spend time with all 100 of them. Insane.
Oct 8, 2023 8:39 AM
Jan 2021
I hope that this anime will continue until the end
Oct 8, 2023 8:41 AM
Jul 2016
I love Rentaro's big THICC eyebrows. They're the best! Eyebrow supremacy!!

Rentaro's gonna be the next Genghis Khan with how many kids he's gonna produce lmao.

The show is gonna be insane lmaooooo.
Oct 8, 2023 8:44 AM
Jun 2020
So this is one of those trash that doesn't take itself seriously... I love it!
Oct 8, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2022
Already seeing side effects of harem tropes 😂
Oct 8, 2023 8:46 AM

Jan 2022
THE START OF CHADTAROU JOURNEY LET'S GOOOOOOOOO
I like everything, ok
Oct 8, 2023 8:46 AM

Jul 2016
For someone who insisted for 175ml over 190ml, Hanazono sure was thirsty.

I didn't think my face could hurt from grinning so much. 100/10 first ep.
Oct 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2021
Oh my this one really has a great adaptation, I haven't read the manga for such a long time. Hope the rest of the EP does well too because this is the peak of a new Kanojo, the story itself is so stupid yet it's creative at times, comedy wise is quite subjective but the anime already landed on me. We have two different GFs: One who literally makes up a love scheme and another is a tsundere. God sure does not take his job seriously lmao.
Oct 8, 2023 8:49 AM
Jun 2022
hey does anyone notice the cameo from that "Weekly Young Jump" series? So funny
Oct 8, 2023 8:50 AM
Aug 2023
Very hype this anime is incredible, one of the best romcom. Cute girls with personnality, mega giga chad Rentarou like Naoya kun from kanojo mo kanojo.
Oct 8, 2023 8:50 AM
Jan 2023
Lucky Bustard 🥲
Oct 8, 2023 8:58 AM

Apr 2022
peak harem is here and best girl hakari is also here! i'm caught up with the manga but day 1 girl hakari is still yet to be dethroned for me. the ultimate tsundere is also here. so that's 2 down and 98 to go, checking off every trope imaginable.
animation looks great, we're already seeing references with the first being tokyo ghoul. god is so goated in this lol. also shoutout to friend A, who we'll never hear about or see ever again.
about to be one of the bests of the season for sure, looking forward to the rest of this adaptation.
Oct 8, 2023 9:10 AM

Jul 2011
Another show I am going to hate watch and then hating myself for spending 20+ minutes on it on a weekend just like rent a girlfriend.
Oct 8, 2023 9:12 AM

Aug 2021
omg theres actually no fourth wall, i already fucking love this show. quintuplets what?? highschool dxwho?!!
Oct 8, 2023 9:12 AM

Aug 2021
HansDevX said:
Another show I am going to hate watch and then hating myself for spending 20+ minutes on it on a weekend just like rent a girlfriend.

why are you hate watching? this show is unironically great and hilarious
Oct 8, 2023 9:13 AM
Feb 2022
They nailed it with this episode also the ed slaps
Oct 8, 2023 9:15 AM

Aug 2020
Loved this adaption especially the part which makes manga special that is gintama like feeling of taking itself ain't seriously even one percent and the changes to make joke on anime were perfect,let's goo to a century.
Oct 8, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2020
This anime will be for me.
Oct 8, 2023 9:23 AM
Apr 2023
This first episode Rocks! they nailed the adaptation with the animation quality and comedy. I hope bibury studios can keep up the quality for the episodes to come!
Oct 8, 2023 9:24 AM

Jul 2016
I am quite pleased with how this show has started. Surprisingly, it translated the tone of the manga quite flawlessly (thus far).
I think the ending is so cute too.
If they can keep this level of quality consistently through this season, I will be quite the happy lad.

Also Friend A is 100% coming back, the childhood friend being a future GF is too perfect to pass up.
Sep 2020
Finally! This is one of the few animes that I could watch after its premiere since I used to read its manga before.

There were a few things that were added to the anime itself which I didn't expect it to see and I have no complaints about that. Shrine God is hilarious and their interactions with Rentarou, and the fourth wall breaks are one of the best parts of the episode. Then, out come his soulmates to confess their feelings to him and to show their affection to him, they went through a long and grueling effort just to make him choose them. But Rentarou, after hearing the catch from the Shrine God and, he became a Chad and showed his love to both which I find it wholesome!

And from there, the history shall began for our MC to search for her next soulmates is on! Can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 2022
Very exciting for the next episode. really good
Oct 8, 2023 9:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Reply to ArimaKana
How's he gonna give time to 100 girlfriends? If he spends a day with 3-4 of them, it'll still take a month for him to spend time with all 100 of them. Insane.
@ArimaKana Honestly how you even give sufficient screentime to all the girls was always the one thing I didn't understand how it'd be possible but somehow the author has actually made it work consistently in the manga. It's still a problem which will get bigger and bigger with time but it's been surprisingly well handled so far
Oct 8, 2023 9:27 AM

Dec 2022
This was definitely something. I kind of liked pink haired girl and her horny schemes. The tsundere is at least cute.
It looked really goofy with both of them clinging to Rentarou as they walked down the hall, so I'm wondering what'll happen when even more girls start piling on.
There's also the question of what he's going to do after he acquires the girlfriends. Will we see the superhero origin story of Birth Rate Man?

98 girlfriends to go. Gotta catch 'em all.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Oct 8, 2023 9:28 AM

Aug 2022
So this show is basically girlfriend girlfriend on steroids? I’m all for it.

I’m watching way too much this season but there’s too many good shows on I can’t help it.

At least the Mc doesn’t seem as down bad as the one from girlfriend girlfriend.

I’m really curious there’s no way the author of this actually has 100 different characters with all unique designs and personalities ready for this show. If he actually does props to him/her.

This seems like another funny watch this season. Loved the Tokyo ghoul reference and all the fourth wall breaking
Oct 8, 2023 9:33 AM

Jun 2021
Dating 100 girls is insane. That said, I like the vibe of this show.
Oct 8, 2023 9:35 AM
May 2021
Reply to ryzxgum
peak harem is here and best girl hakari is also here! i'm caught up with the manga but day 1 girl hakari is still yet to be dethroned for me. the ultimate tsundere is also here. so that's 2 down and 98 to go, checking off every trope imaginable.
animation looks great, we're already seeing references with the first being tokyo ghoul. god is so goated in this lol. also shoutout to friend A, who we'll never hear about or see ever again.
about to be one of the bests of the season for sure, looking forward to the rest of this adaptation.
@ryzxgum I agree, between these two Hakari definitely takes the cake both ways.
Oct 8, 2023 9:40 AM

Jan 2021
this is the best 1st ep for a harem ever made

Oct 8, 2023 9:48 AM

Mar 2020
Progress: 2/100. We're getting there!

I always say, if you want to be trashy, make it as unhinged, stupid, and as much of meme material as possible, and this anime certainly achieved that. The epitome of "so bad, it's good" is right here, and this premiere was amazing! Aijou has suffered from a streak of heartbreaks and rejections, but following a visit to a shrine, he is told that he'll get not one, not two, but one hundred soulmates in his high school years. The kicker though, is that if Aijou and one of his love interests don't end up in a relationship, that girl will meet her demise. The girls we met this episode in Hanazono and Inda were as tropey as could be, but that's the point. The fourth wall breaks, cliches, stupidity, man, this is so meta, and I loved it.

Not gonna lie, this is unironically anime of the season material, and yes I know, Frieren is airing, but this is too good to pass up!

Oct 8, 2023 9:50 AM

Jan 2019
Got a good feeling about this one, really strong first episode and that ED is just adorable!

Oct 8, 2023 9:58 AM

Aug 2019
Chadtarou is literally the only harem mc who actually deserve the harem end.
Excited to see more gfs animated and more hilarious madness

Oct 8, 2023 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
As a manga reader I'm more than satisfied.
Tomita Miyu handled her tsundere character perfectly.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 8, 2023 10:00 AM
May 2021
Reading manga was amazing. And now it's so amazing that I have lost my words. The adaptation was absolutely perfect.
Raiza_AmoiOct 8, 2023 10:05 AM
Oct 8, 2023 10:05 AM

Sep 2017
A world where your soulmate dies if you don't get together is kinda wild lmao (if it doesn't only apply to Rentarou of course)
Oct 8, 2023 10:06 AM

Oct 2020
This was my most anticipated anime of the season and is also my number 1 manga of all time and gotta say this exceeded my expectations, I did have my worries that the comedy would not hit as hard as the manga but goddamn they actually killed it with the comedy, laughed so much during this episode. This episode lowkey made me emotional as well.
Oct 8, 2023 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
Rent-a-girlfriend? Girlfriend girlfriend? Take that shit out of my sight, here comes the anime of the fucking century!!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

181 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

166 by ebiiwewok »»
Sep 25, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

205 by L0ken »»
Sep 16, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2023

192 by Milo980 »»
Sep 15, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

140 by Penguinu »»
Aug 24, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.