Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2010 7:15 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gah, Toshi makes me so mad. Just the lightest move of of his mouth makes me want to punch him. Heck, just his eyes make me mad. Someone deadball him!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2008
^I thought the same, if he is in the opponent team, he completely changes and acts like a jerk.
This is gonna be a nice game. I'm curiously wait for the outcome~
Jan 24, 2012 1:38 AM
Apr 2011
Lol again Toshi's being irritating. But he is right though. Goro hasn't progressed that much or at all since he transferred to Seishuu. The most would just be muscle training etc. He's been using the time to train the other members whilst Kaidou prob went through hell of a training to progress further than Goro.
Goro is indeed underestimating Kaidou. Just cause he beat the regulars when he was there, it was because everyone on the team was at the same level as he was, or just a tad lower. There's no way Goro and his amateur team would be able to beat Kaidou at this stage, realistically at least.
It really seems like Goro has been left behind whilst they all progressed to a higher level. Hope they lose and Goro realises the mistake he made in thinking he could beat Kaidou with a bunch of amateurs who just started baseball.

Although the situation is very similar to the little league game, it's actually fairly different. At that time, the whole trained like hell before the game, till the point they can actually hit those fast pitches. This time? No not really.
Jun 27, 2013 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah as much as I hate Toshi's attitude, I think he's exactly right. One man beating the best team around? Baseball doesn't work like that, ever.
Dec 10, 2013 12:10 AM

Aug 2009
I really dislike his friends being short with him. I understand its a game but wheres the sportsmanship? He just wanted to share a few sentences yet they act as if they can't spare him a few words. foh!
Toshi. ugh!

Dec 25, 2013 9:20 PM

May 2012
Finally, it's here! Kaidou vs Goro..

And that attitude of Toshi totally reminds me of their Little League game where he kinda acted like a jerk. But somehow, he is right. The odds are totally against Goro now.
rebelakumaDec 25, 2013 9:23 PM
Apr 30, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2012
I really don't get the Toshi hate. If I would be him, I wouldn't want to see a single guy (that kinda left him behind) with a newbie team win against my team that I trained with a whole year.

Goro is really arrogant in that aspect, but I still want to see him win because Kaido's playing by book is even much worse imo.
May 29, 2014 7:13 PM

May 2014
Toshi is gonna be a bad-ass. Let's expect that. But ah, he really nevers fails to annoy me! RAWR!

Good thing Shimizu is getting mature now too.
Sep 15, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2013
As usual, Toshi becomes an asshole again.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 24, 2014 11:07 PM

Apr 2013
I f'n hate Toshi. This prick is such a d-bag and a punk ass bitch. I have no clue why Ayane is so obsessed with him. He's going to get served by Goro and company soon.
Jan 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2009
I really don't see how they are going to win this one, I can't imagine Seishuu being able to hit Kaido's pitching all that well, but I am going to bet that atleast some members of Kaido can hit Goro's pitching.
Apr 15, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
I guess this is what I feared the most in this season. Members of Kaidou improved a lot leaving Gorou behind, he deserved that though. Anyway this match looks like it's promising, whether Seishuu wins or loses. I just hope his injury doesn't worsen after the match.
Jul 1, 2015 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
Ouch, that first strike out hit hard in the pride. And it made him understood a cruel truth : he's the only one who have been underestimating him from the beginning. I really thought that Kaido was underestimating him, but they were only planning game by game, not looking forward to anything else than the Koshien.

Since I believe Egashira is their coach, they'll probably play dirty at some point. Sure, a lot of Kaido player were close to Goro, but there is a lot of them we don't know, just like that dude who ran on Goro foot.

So Taiga played with Toshi? This is interesting. I guess it will come back later during the game.

Made me kinda sad what Shimizu said, but I guess it's just the truth. Goro has nothing else that he cares more than baseball. He sure cares about his friends, but baseball is on another level.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2015 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
Aug 8, 2015 12:00 AM

Jan 2013
Sad to see that there won't be romantic development this season. I'll be disappointed if there isn't a confession scene and a kiss scene in this anime :/

Anyways, no way they can win.
Oct 14, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2010
Ah, I once again have to survive through episodes with Toshi... why again!?

He is right that Goro didn't learn anything in the last year though. Still no other pitches than fastball and still probably completely useless against people trying to steal bases. With his injury Goro shouldn't win this game... for starter he should lose three games before that or at least the last game but nope we never see that happens.
Nov 13, 2015 9:55 PM

Nov 2015
minouneetzoe said:
Made me kinda sad what Shimizu said, but I guess it's just the truth. Goro has nothing else that he cares more than baseball. He sure cares about his friends, but baseball is on another level.

What's wrong with loving baseball? Isn't it enviable to love something so much..
Jan 28, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
I stg, all of goros friends are complete douchebags when playing in games.
Apr 22, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2013
The training at the pool was funny.
The game started, and he lost the first challenge, I'm sure that Toshi is right and the players of Kaido are better now but we all know that Goro isn't normal.
Aug 19, 2016 9:15 PM

Feb 2010
Toshi as a character feels so damn irrelevant...

Sep 4, 2016 1:21 AM

Feb 2008
Guess Toshi makes more sense now, since Goro pretty much is underestimating Kaido and thinking little of them, since obviously there's no way a single player can beat a team of great players. On one side we have a team that worked really hard for three years to win, and on the other side we have bunch of hardworking newbies and two(three) injured players.

Seems like the match will be a nightmare though, Goro's pitching is very limited, but there's no way it won't rain after all that foreshadowing. I wonder if they'll end the match with Goro being to injured to play.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 1, 2017 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
I have the sinking feeling that this is going to go really, really badly for Gorou. It sucks for him and his team, but then that's why I wanted him to actually get with a good team. Although I didn't want him to go back to Mifune because of what happened with Yamane, if he had joined a team of at least Mifune's level this might not seem completely impossible.

It's one monster, one great player, and one good player versus a team of monsters and great players. I honestly don't blame Kaidou for not being very concerned unless a reason for them to be arises.

It's still sad that we never got to see that golden battery between Gorou and Toshiya in official games, but eh.

Let's see how it goes. I'm definitely very interested in how this game will play out.
Jan 2, 2018 2:01 PM

Nov 2016
Can't understand the hate for Toshi tbh, think his perspective is pretty easy to grasp and more than legit on top of that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2019 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
It begins. Thats going to be a hell of a ride.

Great feeling! Alot of people we already know and like are at the oceans stadium and going to cheer for Goro. Love it. Wondering if Goro is going to win this or not. But in the end I hope that game will be tense and not frustrating too much.
My only regret is having regrets!
Apr 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Toshi spoke the truth, realistically speaking Kaidou members should have been improved more than Gorou. But again, we know that Gorou is a monster. He could master an outfielding technique that a good player took 2-3 years to master in a few pitches.
But my real problem this season is too many injuries in Seishuu's rosters. At least let the underdog team fight an all star team with their full power goddamnit.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 29, 2020 5:39 AM

Dec 2007
shimizu moments alerts~ i glad we finally see some development between them.
I thought they will forget the nakamura&fuji thing but they made it before the match, it's lovely to see fuji as a character develop so much over the season, but irritating that's all about him.
and the highly anticipated match has begun, sand toshi is a dushbag more than ever.
Sep 6, 2021 8:01 AM
Jan 2020
It's not the first time Toshiya acts like a jerk towards Goro in a game (S1, S2 vietnum flashbacks). Altho he's correct in his statement.
Oct 17, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
I don't expect Seishuu with 3 of the 10 players injured and also having mostly subpar players to win from Kaido with its talented players, but still hoping for a good match.

Apr 22, 2022 5:20 PM

Apr 2018
It's crazy how much people hate Toshi in this thread whereas he is probably my favorite character in this show...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alfe - Oct 1, 2007

51 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 25 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 27, 2007

36 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 23 Discussion

hyakuiro - Aug 26, 2007

21 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 3 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 14, 2007

34 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 2 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 4, 2007

30 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.