Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
With time desperately running out, at least Tetsuo does still have more allies in this show to help him. But still, this episode was a stressful one from his point of view. I'm just impressed how he's able to keep it together mentally.

Looks like he had a plan too. The amount of human emotions they poured into this episode is actually quite impressive imo.
Apr 30, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Kyoichi's betrayal of the organization got him into even deeper shit, as Kubo comes to his aid, fixes him and tortures him. And Tetsuo is not spared from this situation whatsoever, with one more scapegoat made-up situation to ensure that he does not run away.

At this point, his wife Kasen already knew how much deep shit her husband is in and prepares sacrifically towards whatever he has in store. In this case, it's recruiting Bin Tabata, which he, together with the now married couple, were in their school's previous Drama Club 21 years ago. Leaving his wife to deal with him, they prepare to fabricate Nobuto being dead through Tabata as a stand-in, though to convince him would take Kasen's ordeal towards Tetsuo, and she MUST convince him somehow in order not to lead him towards the organization. That, and with their wedding 2 years later and giving birth to Reika, this is her form of happiness, willingly faked to make sure that the process goes smoothly, cutting the bullcrap in the midst.

With 3 days left to go, Hibiki aiding him, Tetsuo must act fast woth the organization eyeing him very carefully now, and leading one of Kubo's henchmen towards knowing Nobuto's pet name. But alas, it may not be a pet, but something or someone of note. Which Tetsuo finds a bar in Shinjuku, and the glasses dude Matori Yoshitatsu keeps his tabs on him, still in the dissonance of his own son Nobuto's death while he tries to shake him off. Of course, Tetsuo can sympathize with Yoshitatsu, and likewise with Tetsuo using a fake name to cover his identity. But too bad, Tetsuo realized too late, and so does Yoshitatsu's suspicion grows.

The confrontation between parents, it's another area that's still connected with the overall plot.
Apr 30, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 2015
Oops, Tabata is suddenly in danger.
Apr 30, 2023 8:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Never knew that gangsters these days can be so modern with their blackmail techniques. Wow never thought the story would take us down memory lane though. Looks like their courtship wasn't an easy one either in account of Kasen's parents. Still Tetsuo really has some nerve getting the lookout to give him a ride. It was about time that he met the father though and that scene at the bar was done really well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2023 8:38 AM
Jun 2021
nobuto's father definitely gave me goosebumps.
Apr 30, 2023 9:02 AM
Sep 2021
The episode was slow paced and was building up for the main reveal i.e., tetsuo got to meet Nobuto's father and now it's starting to get more interesting.
Apr 30, 2023 9:14 AM
Feb 2022
i like the show so far it is intresting
Apr 30, 2023 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
AnimeSrk said:
The episode was slow paced and was building up for the main reveal i.e., tetsuo got to meet Nobuto's father and now it's starting to get more interesting.

They cut some important detail in this episode. Afterwards, I would be surprised if they did the second arc with the details that they forgot to mention why it revolved around his daughter.
Apr 30, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
I feel bad about Tabata. Imagine being friends with someone and they involve you in a crime 20 years later without you even knowing. But I can't really blame Tetsuo and Kasen cause they don't really have any other choice.

That ending was insane. Nobuto's father is going through the same type of stress Tetsuo is going through I imagine. No, it's probably far worse. And his way of dealing with this stress is a lot more extreme.

The show just became a lot more interesting now. After the last episode's ending, I thought it'd get more boring and formulaic but I'm happy to be wrong.
Apr 30, 2023 9:43 AM
Sep 2021
KiraYoshikage said:
AnimeSrk said:

They cut some important detail in this episode. Afterwards, I would be surprised if they did the second arc with the details that they forgot to mention why it revolved around his daughter.
Oh!! ok thanks for the information
Apr 30, 2023 9:54 AM

Oct 2022
Thought for a second Nobuto's father was going to kill Tetsuo there.
Apr 30, 2023 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
The way my jaw dropped to the floor when we found out that was Nobuto dad. Damnnnn. As if it wasn’t hard enough just dealing with the mafia now we’ve gotta deal with the distraught dad. Nobuto’s dad already on to the fact that Tetsuo is lying and he was really out for blood. Can’t wait to see how this plays out

Loved the flashback with how Kase and Tetsuo got together too. If tetsuo used to be in drama club and wrote, it makes sense why he’s able to fabricate so many lies on the spot.

Kinda feel like Tabata had a thing for Kase too with how he tried dirtymacking in the car lol
Marinate1016Apr 30, 2023 10:08 AM
Apr 30, 2023 10:41 AM
Feb 2011
This episode was great! Sadly I feel worried that poor Tabata will get killed because of this💔 I knew that was Nobuto's crazy dad but I'm surprised he didn't recognize Tetsuo
Apr 30, 2023 10:55 AM

Nov 2016
You could guess it from a mile away that this was Nobuto's. When he was starting to talk about his son and what he would do if something happened to him it became way too obvious, like you just need to put 2+2 together. The show is fine yet lacks finesse to be great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2023 11:27 AM
Aug 2021
I refuse to believe anyone would believe that confession🤣🤣. How is bro asking his captivator for a ride😂. This guy has ultimate friendship rizz. Everyone that comes into contact with him ends up liking him. I didn't expect him to bump into Nabuto's dad, bro's dad was intense. His dad is sharp and instantly knew he was lying. Someone made a very good point: they just involved a friend in a crime. That is actually evil of them but can you blame them at this point? 
The_Black_B3astApr 30, 2023 11:31 AM
Apr 30, 2023 12:03 PM
Nov 2022
Last week's episode was very bland, but today's was quite interesting, without including so much action in just 20 minutes they managed to explain a little about the marriage relationship, they introduced a new character and there was too much drama.

The animation is quite "xD" but as far as the story goes very well, now we just have to wait for the next one.
Apr 30, 2023 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
How did the guy know Tetsuo was using a fake name?
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 30, 2023 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
The bar scene was intense, you could really feel the despair coming from Nobuto's father. Tetsuo using Tabata's name as an alias might come back to bite him (Tabata) in the ass. Nobuto's father seemed to have enough intuition to see through Tetsuo's lie, so if Tabata ends up getting caught up in this and possibly killed, well GG lol. Imagine something like that happens to you after not seeing some old friends for 2 decades 😭

FMmatron said:
You could guess it from a mile away that this was Nobuto's. When he was starting to talk about his son and what he would do if something happened to him it became way too obvious, like you just need to put 2+2 together. The show is fine yet lacks finesse to be great.
Marinate1016 said:
The way my jaw dropped to the floor when we found out that was Nobuto dad
He revealed himself as the dad at the end of the first episode. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 30, 2023 12:44 PM

Feb 2019
thebrentinator24 said:
The bar scene was intense, you could really feel the despair coming from Nobuto's father. Tetsuo using Tabata's name as an alias might come back to bite him (Tabata) in the ass. Nobuto's father seemed to have enough intuition to see through Tetsuo's lie, so if Tabata ends up getting caught up in this and possibly killed, well GG lol. Imagine something like that happens to you after not seeing some old friends for 2 decades 😭

FMmatron said:
Marinate1016 said:
The way my jaw dropped to the floor when we found out that was Nobuto dad
He revealed himself as the dad at the end of the first episode. 

Don’t remember that and either way it wouldn’t have hit like this
Apr 30, 2023 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Don’t remember that and either way it wouldn’t have hit like this
I do agree it hit harder in this episode, that info definitely should have been saved for that moment after all the buildup and suspense instead of being revealed earlier.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 30, 2023 1:46 PM

Nov 2022
well, feels like Tabata is a dead man walking, poor guy doesn't even know what they got him tied into
Apr 30, 2023 3:03 PM

May 2015
An uncomfortable episode to watch. Nobuto's father actually looks like an interesting character. It's unnerving, and we are supposed to sympathise with Tetsuo, but at the same time, Nobuto was killed, and it is a fact. Just because he was a dickhead doesn't mean there wouldn't be people in grief about him. There is a definite parallel over father/child dynamic and willingness to do everything to protect their family.
Apr 30, 2023 3:52 PM
May 2021
This is like ice building on a mountain top before the avalanche.
This series has progressed like a healing burn.
I'm loving the build-up.
Father vs. Father?
I have a feeling they might work together, dunno what's going to happen next, but I'm sticking with this series.
Apr 30, 2023 4:07 PM

Aug 2017
I feel bad for Tetsuo man. He got used for another blackmail opportunity by the mafia organization.
 First the nudes and now a confession of murder announcement video. It would look extremely bad if those contents get leaked to the public. Tetsuo's career and reputation would be over. In addition, he could potentially get killed by the mafia when they're done using him.

But Tetsuo is quick on his feet and comes up with a plan to fabricate the evidence of Nabuto's death. Kasen being the waifu that she is, goes along with his plan and film with Tabata.
The amount of stress and pressure that Tetsuo has to go through is insane. This man can think well under press and is quick decision maker. One wrong move could cost him and family's lives.

That bar scene with Nobuto's father was quite intense. I love how both of them gave each other fake names when they introduce.

Apr 30, 2023 4:20 PM
Oct 2020
Poor Tabata might get a bad time now that Tetsuo just gave out his name.
Apr 30, 2023 4:42 PM
May 2017
Ouuuuuu great fucking episode. I love when the main character and villain cross paths before they know they're enemies, also the ED is a certified bop

5/5
Apr 30, 2023 4:56 PM

May 2019
Good, albeit somewhat slow, episode. I knew that was Nobuto's father right away since they had previously introduced him but too bad Tetsuo didn't realize that until the bartender told him that. Tabata may very well become a target now but hopefully not as there could be dozens if not hundreds of Tabata family names in a large city.

I like how Kasen backs up her husband and continues to help him in the mess that he's in although she could still be a target even if they killed Tetsuo since Nobuto's father is out to kill the entire family once he finds out who killed his son. Looking foward to what happens next and I'm guessing it will involve both fathers.
Apr 30, 2023 6:01 PM

Apr 2022
a young tetsuo and kasen with tabata as well. the goat, miki shinichiro is in the house.
Apr 30, 2023 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
I'm liking this show more and more with each episode
I don't really get the outcry about the animation... Like yeah, it's not amazing at all but it's not Ex-Arm/Gibiate level either lol (plus it doesn't need to be amazing since it's not focused on action).

Reika is still annoying. Like why would you answer the question about Nobuto's pet like that? She always treats her dad like crap. I'm really hoping for a development on her part.
Apr 30, 2023 7:55 PM
Jul 2022
I wonder what will happen between the like-minded fathers
Apr 30, 2023 8:42 PM

Mar 2007
How does he end up getting filmed in more and more compromising situations?

Also ... is he going to be responsible for getting his friend the Viceo guy killed?
May 1, 2023 12:14 AM
Jun 2022
Interesting episode. Pacing is just ideal not too fast not too slow. looking forward to next ep
May 1, 2023 2:52 AM
Mar 2021
Great fathers are fighting to protect the most precious one in their life!!!

I feel pity for Nobuto's dad that the one who killed your son was right beside you. However, it wasn't Tetsuo fault. He had such a hard life.
May 1, 2023 3:20 AM

Jan 2022
To be clear, is Nabuto Father the same guy from ep.1/2 with the multiple personality disorder?
May 1, 2023 4:03 AM
Oct 2019
Having full conversation with Nobuto father... Damn that was intense.
May 1, 2023 6:33 AM
Nov 2019
i wonder how anyone can be sane if this had happened in real life, kasen san was as tough as steel as usual !
May 1, 2023 6:59 AM
May 2021
another banger episode 🔥🔥. Always on the edge of the seat and that conversation with Nobuto's dad at the end 🔥
May 1, 2023 6:59 AM
May 2021
Mariklyn said:
To be clear, is Nabuto Father the same guy from ep.1/2 with the multiple personality disorder?

Yes that's the one
May 1, 2023 9:11 AM
Mar 2015
Sometimes when you protect those you love you ruin someonelses life
May 1, 2023 10:51 AM
May 2011
The occurrences in this show are way too convenient
May 1, 2023 11:02 AM
Jul 2016
this legit got a giggle out of me. old man peace sign next to a dead body LMAOOOOO

The peace sign is anime-original content. In Ch. 17 of the manga, the syndicate had Tetsuo dismantle and dispose of the body with a chainsaw. Even if he didn't kill the guy, improperly disposing a corpse is still illegal. This was NOT featured in the anime. It was too scary, I guess?

erikkamirsMay 1, 2023 11:18 AM
May 1, 2023 11:32 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
What a miraculous turn of events that Tetsuo had come face to face with Nobuto's father Matori Yoshitatsu. Both men seem to have a lot in common as they would do anything to protect their only child including murder. The syndicate continues to blackmail Tetsuo for murder he didn't do even though he already killed Nobuto. I also feel bad for Tabata as he might get dragged into this after helping Kasen fabricate Nobuto's death.
May 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Sep 2019
honestly, this episode was really good??? I haven't read the manga but I don't see why the score isn't higher?? 
May 1, 2023 12:25 PM
Dec 2021
The confession they forced Tetsuo to do, how are they even gonna use it successfully. 😂. Only idiots are gonna believe that
May 1, 2023 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
Haunt-bot said:
Nobuto's dad used a fake name too. He's a pro when it comes to reading body language and saw Tetsuo was suspiciously nervous. The two exchanged a lot of personal info, an entire chapter was dedicated to it in the manga. From their talk Tetsuo realized that the description of the dude's boy was awfully similar to Nobuto. In manga Tetsuo was actually the first who asked the guy for his name (he knows the name/surname of Nobuto's dad and wanted to be certain) - Nobuto's dad lied. Tetsuo gave fake name afterwards as well. The rest of the anime was like the source. Bartender confirmed the guy was Nobuto's dad.
May 1, 2023 2:17 PM

Mar 2008
Oooft getting blackmailed to be framed for a death he wasn't behind while having actually killed someone else is amusing.

The instant he started talking about children i totally knew that was Nobuto's dad and surprised Tetsuo didn't figure out that was at least a possibility. Lost opportunity to talk about a family pet even if it was a long shot.

Haunt-bot said:

At first I thought it was a fake sounding name but i checked and it's a real surname and uncommon so it actually was a decent choice but I think it was his hesitation and sort of stuttering it out.

erikkamirs said:
this legit got a giggle out of me. old man peace sign next to a dead body LMAOOOOO

The peace sign is anime-original content. In Ch. 17 of the manga, the syndicate had Tetsuo dismantle and dispose of the body with a chainsaw. Even if he didn't kill the guy, improperly disposing a corpse is still illegal. This was NOT featured in the anime. It was too scary, I guess?

Whew that would be intense to have to do ... but I think it has to do with censorship and time constraints. The original way more sense since his delivery of those lines wouldnt convince anyone he wasnt reading from a cue card under duress.
traedMay 1, 2023 2:29 PM
May 1, 2023 9:51 PM
Oct 2022
Bro really sold out on Tabata just like that
May 2, 2023 2:47 PM

Nov 2008
This show is wack. Like, turbo wack. It's like every crime thriller trope mushed into a blob of... whatever it is.
May 3, 2023 12:38 AM

Jan 2021
A very uncomfortable episode to watch, not because it wasn't good but precisely because it managed to give me a lot of uneasy feelings and anxiety, I often paused while watching and even my stomach felt bad. I was only getting more worried watching this because I didn't know what would happen if Tetsuo or his wife made a single wrong move.

I was uncomfortable while watching this but I kept watching it every week :'D

May 3, 2023 11:35 AM
Jan 2014
Why did Nobuto's father say at the end that Tabata is a fake name? Why would he doubt the name?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

112 by YgorDS »»
Jun 27, 12:07 PM

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

7 by PLight09 »»
Jun 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2023

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:59 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

236 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.