Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, Melnes became more relevant this episode. Unlike the previous episode, this one actually took on a more serious vibe for its story.

Plus, we got to see some moments between Leo and him although their relationship at the moment is kinda strange. Good to see the Leo's party all getting along well though.
May 3, 2022 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
Mernes's worrisome problems...come with age, and him being the same age as Leo...doesn't help things in his own regard. Edvard is an easy one to find that the other demon generals can be taken care of by his own sister.

The prospect of quitting is fatal, and Mernes feels like it to take a breather for Leo to treat him like a brother to hear his issues out. Given Mernes's stature, he is a soft-spoken withdrawal of an assassin general that needs a lot of pushing, and Leo does his servitude to help him in his communication skills to be socially adept in 3 days to clear job interviews.

Though working at the castle's mess hall is one way of helping Mernes learn the hard way that Leo used to have as a Hero, Mernes has to get used to it sooner or later. But this herd of mercenary werewolves try to get the best of Mernes, and the fear in silent cower does the trick (though it's harder to disguise that way).

Either way, Mernes has learned somthing from this, and what's left is the actual interview with Leo being a test interviewer to test his range. The debate back to Leo about his reason to join the Demon Army, that's an answer best left for next week.
May 3, 2022 8:52 AM
Dec 2021
melnes very handsome
May 3, 2022 9:06 AM
Mar 2021
This Anime feels like a slog to get through now, another pretty boring episode. I don't even know why you would devote an episode to something so cliche and irrelevant, there's literally nothing interesting about it.
May 3, 2022 9:12 AM

Dec 2014
I wonder what direction they will take once everyones problems are resolved. For the episode there isn't that much to say other than it is just a transitory episode to get to the ¨real¨ things that matter.
May 3, 2022 9:19 AM
Jan 2022
Shinagawa101 said:
I wonder what direction they will take once everyones problems are resolved. For the episode there isn't that much to say other than it is just a transitory episode to get to the ¨real¨ things that matter.

i read the manga, they will reveal the hero backstory, honestly the twist is so good for this anime. but yeah it's a waste opportunity that this show going like realist hero even though they have this premise and good twist. this anime is worth to watch if you just don't have anything or just want to watch light story. Expect the reveal and some action in last 6-5 episodes.
MnMm07May 3, 2022 9:45 AM
May 3, 2022 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
This episode still doesn't solve mystery why Mernes has female voice actress.

Anyway, I'd love to have a good time with that werewolves gang, I want to be the one to discipline them.
May 3, 2022 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Mernes should just become a combat maid.
May 3, 2022 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
The weakest episode so far imo. Mernes is rather uninteresting character, and the fact that he interrupted much more fun part doesn't help either.

phantomfandom said:

It's not that unusual to have female VA for male character that's supposed to sound young. I mean, even Goku and Shinji had them.
May 3, 2022 11:18 AM

Mar 2018
After they dedicate an episode to each general, I wonder how the following episodes will be formatted.
May 3, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2021
Honestly the premise of the anime was interesting enough. But so far it feels kinda lifeless...
May 3, 2022 12:16 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Melnes needed help from Leo for communicating and he had to dress up as a girl to do it xD.
He beat them monsters up lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 3, 2022 2:00 PM
Feb 2018
Something tells me that this will end up begin an Isekai, prot-kun just have too much experience with workplace situations to be just a hero. Also how he treats Mernes implies he is way older than he really is. But that's just a theory.
May 3, 2022 2:03 PM
Jan 2018
phantomfandom said:

Anyway, I'd love to have a good time with that werewolves gang, I want to be the one to discipline them.

Wouldn’t be the first time a male character is voiced by a female voice actress
May 3, 2022 3:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Mernes-san wa Comyushou desu?

Idk why but Mernes looks so well suited with that maid outfit xd. Though, its a bit weird having an assassin worried about not been able to interview some people. Because of that he want to fleed himself xd. Its seems all the same like what troubling Lily, but more to the practice ground. So let just Mernes experience it himself, and then he will be get what he needed to master up his lack of communication!

In the other side, looks like what they practice in the end, lead it into another past story of Leo. Hopefully its doesn't sounds so dull. So yeah, lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 3, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
I liked this episode a lot. Good development for Mernes and Leo.

Thought it was funny how they rolled over Echidna being drunk and her curing it basically by breathing fire. Or a Fire Burp whatever lol.

What I thought was going to be a pretty serious anime is tuning into a nice chill, and funny anime. I am actually enjoying it a lot.

Looking forward to seeing Leo's real reason for joining Echidna.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 3, 2022 4:29 PM
Jun 2021
The episode should’ve been called "mernes can't communicate"
May 3, 2022 5:02 PM

May 2021
Mernes Can't Communicate, except they're actually solving the problem.

That twist was cool since something about Leo wanting to destroy humans didn't sound right.

May 3, 2022 5:11 PM

Mar 2019
I dont understand why this is even a fantasy anymore. Mc could easily be a hrd manager in modern setting sol but the author decided to go with the standard medieval setting of sword and magic. Sigh... next episode may reveal some things about leo. But honestly i kinda doubt that. This anime never get serious anyway. Even as a comedy, it's as good as eating burnt popcorn. I had my expectations at first but i can only wonder why this anime is so bad even after 5 episodes.
May 3, 2022 5:55 PM

Feb 2022
I would love to see how this group managed to function before being defeated by Leo cause it seems impossible they didn't implode.
May 3, 2022 6:43 PM

Jan 2021
What a lovely episode of Komi, I mean Mernes can't communicate. Seriously I enjoyed this episode a lot. The hero talking about how listening is an important skill in communication and something that Mernes could excel in.

The night scene was really gorgeous too, this anime looks way better than it should be.
May 3, 2022 9:43 PM

Jun 2021
Leo teaching us real life lessons in workforce.
May 3, 2022 9:58 PM
Mar 2021
Melnes is probably one of the most relatable character in the army.
May 3, 2022 10:29 PM

Aug 2021
The problem that he has to learn to speak if it was something he had to deal with Mermes and the work helped somewhat, although he disguised himself as a girl, and in the case of the interview, let's see what he gets out of it that he discovered something.
May 4, 2022 3:51 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Mernes has problems with communication and then asks Leo for help who takes him to train communication in a cafeteria in Echidna's castle but when it ends Mernes asks Leo the real reason he joins Echidna's army
May 4, 2022 4:18 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Leo's actually giving some pretty solid advise, especially about quitting jobs. If you have doubts, it's probably best to hold off on quitting first, well, that probably goes for anything.

Nice to know more about Mernes, he do be cute though.

Went from 0-100 real quick at the end there, looking forward to hearing Leo's true intentions.
May 4, 2022 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
Wait a tick, did all the Demon King need to do is breathe out a little fire to sober up? Neato!~

Pretty solid episode focusing on a character you don't get to see a lot.

Also, I was thinking, "Melnes is voiced by a woman, right?" and he is! I was also thinking that maybe he would reveal himself to actually be a woman, but that didn't happen lol
May 4, 2022 11:57 AM

May 2018
Meines looks so cute as a maid UwU
May 4, 2022 12:04 PM

Nov 2019
Quite nice to see that they cast some light on the generals, though it still feels kinda dry.

RioFS said:
Mernes Can't Communicate, except they're actually solving the problem.

That twist was cool since something about Leo wanting to destroy humans didn't sound right.

I think you summed it up quite good RioFS! Good to see some plot twist to keep us engaged =)

Byniavo said:
Meines looks so cute as a maid UwU

UwU ^.~
─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───

"No matter how devastated you may be by your own weaknesses or uselessness...
Set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead.
Even if you stop and crouch down, the time won't wait for you...
or snuggle you, or grieve along with you."

─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───
May 4, 2022 6:32 PM

Aug 2017
Now there's crossdressing? Mernes has that feminine energy that makes it look good

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 4, 2022 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
My man Onyx is carrying it all on himself xD He has to solve all issues before starting the conquest.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 4, 2022 9:10 PM

May 2018
It just like what Mernes said. Assassin squad used to talk less, because their work always in dark and never seen by anyone. So, getting side task as an interviewer must be very new to him.

And OMG why Mernes in maid uniform is too cute. He also has that slender body and white short hair. Damn man.
May 5, 2022 2:59 AM

Dec 2020
one thing ive got from this ep: melnes hella cute

edit: leo with his hair up too DAMN. too bad we're going on the mc with basic long bangs route💔💔 hopefully we can see parted hair up leo again
May 5, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2021
"Learning how to communicate with others" episode for this time :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 5, 2022 9:06 AM

May 2012
Melnes is male ???

I thought he is female because of his/her voice
May 7, 2022 10:21 PM

Nov 2009
So... we got more "Job advice" from the hero...

So far it looks like the entire anime's going to be about the Hero doing "business advises" to rebuild the Demon Army.

___ ___ ___

LOL @ Lili, she also revealed Leo, but then goes "oooo" covering her mouth, so cute.

And Edwald hasn't /wrist yet cause of his cute daughter stopping him.

Tho... what I am wondering the most about this episode is...

Hero said Melnes has to disguise as a maid so he won't get recognized...

But while no one recognizes the "hero"... the hero ls literally looking like a human with no monster features... and no one finds that SUS?...

And I doubt the Hero's using illusion magic, cause Melnes mentioned he looks normal.

___ ___ ___

Also... how are ppls surprised that Melnes is a dude? he literally looks like a dude when he was seen at the beginning of this series... (tho, I also already know that 80% of young male characters in anime are all voiced by females)

If Melnes was a real girl, ppls would be going, "Step on me Melnes" right now.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 8, 2022 6:07 AM

Nov 2020
It was a good episode
May 9, 2022 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was awesome! It gave me flashbacks to a TED talk I've watched years ago talking about communication. And the speaker inferred that most communication with others was mainly thinking about what you wanted to say next and less about what they were saying (they gave a 70% your thoughts next vs 30% over the other persons actual words (ps dont quote me on that))

So finally I get see an anime referencing a similar style of dialogue is rather epic. Tbh, after listening to the TED talk however, I became even more introverted as I stopped projecting what I wanted to say and observing others just randomly ranting at each other in basic speech and its very easily to feel left out of a conversation if strong and assertive people in groups take up a random narrative. By the time you want to make a point the conversation has already moved on to something else. So you stay quiet trying to think about what next to say.

Thankfully we have the internet, and its not instant. I'm going to review this show at top stars for reminding me of human communication and how hard it can be for people how think before speaking.

Not to mention we only at eps 5. Lets go!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 12, 2022 6:57 AM

Sep 2018
It feels like this show is leaning way too hard into all the counselling sessions.

I get that this is the core of the show but without some more silly business it's all getting a bit unpalatable.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 15, 2022 4:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mernes lack of self-confidence and has communication problems (Komi moment) but Leo helped him with it by making him be a café waitress... hmm why not but these wolf guys were annoying, fortunately he still has his assassin techniques lol, and that mock interview, looks like he's curious about Leo's true intentions
Jun 27, 2022 11:22 AM
Feb 2022
Mernes in maid dress is so cute! And relatable by his character haha
Jul 5, 2022 4:12 AM

Jun 2020
What is up with gender bender scenes lately first Leo now Melnes not that I am complaining

Quite the standard episode just Edwald casually trying to off himself but he can't cuz he's a gigachad who can't die from mere man made weapons

Crossdressing not that it's a problem but I honestly believed he was a girl and I got so confused about what is happening, Even wearing that dress he can still move like a breeze, Interviewing Leo made me wonder what is his intention.
Sep 6, 2022 11:56 PM

Nov 2019
What is Mernes, they say they're a he but everyone seems to mistake for a she? General Mernes wanted to learn communication skills for his upcoming interview with spies. Only problem is Mernes is an assassin so doesn't usually practice communication often and asks Leo for help to conduct themself for the interviews. pretty ok episode, not much action outside of the communication.
Sep 7, 2022 1:18 AM

Jul 2015
I am still doubting Mernes being a guy especially with how good he looks in that maid uniform

Sep 16, 2022 4:35 PM
Jan 2022
Another boring episode after the fantastic fourth episode a shame really but who cares life goes on
Feb 9, 2023 6:58 AM
Dec 2013
ugh, hate it when characters crossdress. couldn't even tell what gender melnes was because the episode was making me confused and he has an androgynous appearance, but apparently he's a guy?
Mar 7, 5:14 AM
Feb 2024
Very good episode... I enjoyed it alot.
Aug 12, 5:07 PM
May 2020
social skills went up this episode but the assassin seemed to have caught onto an apparent lie leo was making throughout the series thus far. even I wasn't aware of

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

141 by Richard170 »»
Sep 28, 9:00 PM

» What happened to the time limit? (spoilers)

RavenSynthesis6 - Jun 21, 2022

6 by Suratu »»
Sep 14, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

72 by handa_cohomology »»
Sep 1, 11:25 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

29 by Tylerr »»
Aug 20, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

78 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 14, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.