Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 1, 2021 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
Main article:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-07-01/peach-boy-riverside-anime-airing-out-of-chronological-order/.174683

Thanks to @tetrix1993 for this CRUCIAL info:
Apparently there's two version - On Air and Time Series. The episode aired on Tokyo MX is On Air, and has been shuffled on purpose.
Explanation given here (use Google Translate):
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1623992748

https://twitter.com/peachboy_anime/status/1410596528385757204
--> Confirming that the dAnime Store and Japanese TV versions are VERY different by director Shigeru Ueda's (Gekidol) direction.

"Time Series" episodes to manga chapter adaptations to "On Air" episodes:

Please pursue the dAnime Store chronological order if you wish to enjoy Peach Boy Riverside to the fullest,
the TV anime broadcast is an ENTIRELY SHUFFLED order.

KANLen09Sep 16, 2021 7:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 2021 7:56 AM
Jul 2020
KANLen09 said:
There's a bit of confusion if you're watching Episode 1 for the first time

FYI, the pre-screening that was held 2 weeks earlier had both Episode 1 and 2, but maybe IT'S CONFIRMED due to how the TV version wants to do things differently in its own "shuffled" order (as opposed to doing things as intended) we WILL get the ACTUAL Episode 1 down the timeline in the anime.

According to Tokyo MX it's Episode 1. Even the anime's official website itself is showing "Episode 2" as Episode 1.

Btw according to the Blu-ray page, the anime will have 12 episodes.

Apparently there's two version - On Air and Time Series. The episode aired on Tokyo MX is On Air, and has been shuffled on purpose. Explanation given here (use google translate):

https://twitter.com/peachboy_anime/status/1410596528385757204 --> The Tweet confirming that the d-Anime Store and Japanese TV versions are VERY different by director Shigeru Ueda's direction.

so that's episode 2 and not 1?

then is episode 1 airing next week?
Jul 1, 2021 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
This just feels like Haruhi broadcast order vs. chronological order all over again.
Jul 1, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
@Arian_Waifus please expect the chronological Episode 1 to show up soon in the anime.

The TV version is airing differently from the web version.
Jul 1, 2021 8:05 AM

Dec 2020
I’m be honest i was confused, so that was episode 1.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 1, 2021 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
From what I'm reading of this with DeepL (take with a pinch of salt, especially since I'm pretty smoothbrained), some of the reasons he gives are that the shuffling allows to end the show on a fitting scene rather than some random point of the manga, while going from EP 1 to EP 2 would've been too abrupt of a shift in both the MC viewpoint and overall tone. I don't know if I trust Gekidol staff on this, but I guess we'll see where this goes.

Also, apparently EP1 is gonna be EP4 in this shuffled order.
Jul 1, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
Blood_Parade said:
From what I'm reading of this with DeepL (take with a pinch of salt, especially since I'm pretty smoothbrained), some of the reasons he gives are that the shuffling allows to end the show on a fitting scene rather than some random point of the manga, while going from EP 1 to EP 2 would've been too abrupt of a shift in both the MC viewpoint and overall tone. I don't know if I trust Gekidol staff on this, but I guess we'll see where this goes.

Also, apparently EP1 is gonna be EP4 in this shuffled order.
Speaking of which, I also just realized that it is indeed the Gekidol director on this, and pray tell he TRIES to screw this adaptation with what he did on the former. The source material's fine, so at least that is a reassurance.
Jul 1, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
KANLen09 said:
Speaking of which, I also just realized that it is indeed the Gekidol director on this

It's the same script compositor as Gekidol too, Keiichirou Ooshi.
Jul 1, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
Blood_Parade said:
KANLen09 said:
Speaking of which, I also just realized that it is indeed the Gekidol director on this

It's the same script compositor as Gekidol too, Keiichirou Ooshi.
OOH CRAP, not again...looks like the Gekidol stuff is back to screw another series with their "talent" again. The manifestation of the lessons learnt aren't taken to heart that well eh...
Jul 1, 2021 9:35 AM
Jan 2021
So what’s in the web is episode 2 instead of 1 . I m totally confused because it start with sally and the rabbit. I don’t get it. Is this ep 1 or 2 ?
Jul 1, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
CapTCr0v3 said:
So what’s in the web is episode 2 instead of 1 . I m totally confused because it start with sally and the rabbit. I don’t get it. Is this ep 1 or 2 ?
Chronologically, it's Episode 2 (following the web version). It's purposely shuffled around for confusion as the TV version's Episode 1.
Jul 1, 2021 9:52 AM
Dec 2018
Would I put the episode that was just released as Episode 1 or 2?
Jul 1, 2021 10:03 AM
Jan 2021
So the next ep will be ep 3 or 2 or 1 idk what am I saying…..
Jul 1, 2021 10:23 AM
Jan 2021
So am I supposed to watch it after it finish airing or is it ok if I watch it weekly still?
Jul 1, 2021 10:25 AM

Oct 2020
when is episode 1 coming, if episode 2 is already here

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Jul 1, 2021 12:27 PM

Feb 2019
I'm all for actual non-linear narratives, but taking an existing story and mixing it up is just cheap and irritating.

Fuck that moron of a director.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 1, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
Who the actual fcuk thought it was a good idea?

Jul 1, 2021 12:40 PM

Sep 2016
thanks for the explanation! i was pretty confused on what people were talking about in the forums, as well as the synopsis of the show
Jul 1, 2021 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
Oh yeah, now that I think about it, I guess this interview also explains the sudden fanservice; apparently they're trying to go for what people could like in both the web manga and Kodansha relaunch. Does this guy realise this could very likely result in very few enjoying the final product? Trying to please everyone usually doesn't end very well.

Thinking they can get away with generic anime fanservice of "woah jiggly booba, 2-second tentacles :OO" (which isn't even in the web release, btw) implies he likely doesn't know a lick of Cool-Kyou besides maybe Dragon Maid. That's pretty much nothing compared to shit Cool-Kyou pulls in something like Chichi Chichi, that's got a sex scene practically every other chapter. Hell, even PBR's web release has some straight up nudity, and I'm not expecting an Interspecies Reviewers situation out of this.

Likewise, pretty much a big part of those coming in not knowing about it will probably just question what the hell are they looking at.
Jul 1, 2021 3:54 PM

Nov 2012
Sh1na07 said:
I’m be honest i was confused, so that was episode 1.

Me, too. I kept checking the episode # to make sure.
Jul 1, 2021 4:04 PM
Jun 2012
Ok you guys made me drop without even watching it ^^’
Jul 1, 2021 4:12 PM

Jan 2020
I’m confused. I thought that the purple haired character (Mikoto) was the mc but I guess I was wrong. I want to see them introduced at least and see what exactly happened in the past because this episode didn’t explain anything really except that he saved that village before. I thought he was going to show up at the end but unfortunately not. I didn’t really like the fmc much but I liked Frau and thankfully she didn’t die. Anyway, regarding the episode is the one I just watched on Crunchyroll not the 1st one then?
Jul 1, 2021 5:03 PM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:
There's a bit of confusion if you're watching Episode 1 for the first time

FYI, the pre-screening that was held 2 weeks earlier had both Episode 1 and 2, but maybe IT'S CONFIRMED due to how the TV version wants to do things differently in its own "shuffled" order (as opposed to doing things as intended) we WILL get the ACTUAL Episode 1 down the timeline in the anime.

According to Tokyo MX it's Episode 1. Even the anime's official website itself is showing "Episode 2" as Episode 1.

Btw according to the Blu-ray page, the anime will have 12 episodes.

Apparently there's two version - On Air and Time Series. The episode aired on Tokyo MX is On Air, and has been shuffled on purpose. Explanation given here (use google translate):

https://twitter.com/peachboy_anime/status/1410596528385757204 --> The Tweet confirming that the d-Anime Store and Japanese TV versions are VERY different by director Shigeru Ueda's (Gekidol) direction.
So with the situation explained and out of the way does anyone know if we will have to suffer and watch this shuffled version that’s airing on tv or will we have access to the chronologically correct one?? All of the websites I use (paid and pirated) show this supposedly 2nd ep as the first só anyone got the sauce for the best place to watch?
Jul 1, 2021 6:08 PM

Sep 2019
ugh why are they over complicating series that barely anyone cares about
Jul 1, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
@Fa5P try and find harder on the actual chronological Episode 1 on torrent. Not gonna link you to it.
Jul 1, 2021 7:44 PM

Jun 2021
This anime will be epic!
Jul 2, 2021 12:38 AM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:
@Fa5P try and find harder on the actual chronological Episode 1 on torrent. Not gonna link you to it.
Thanks if you could eventually link it it would make everyone’s life just a bit easier
Jul 2, 2021 2:09 AM
Jul 2021
the order sucks. if I haven't read the first chapter of the manga before I would've been confused af.. don't understand why they gotta shuffle it. if I was a fan of the manga I would've been disappointed af.

found the real first episode lol
fintobJul 2, 2021 2:19 AM
Jul 2, 2021 7:47 AM
Jul 2, 2021 12:21 PM
Mar 2020
I had to find the peachboy story by myself ,I Do not understand the whole story at all I like the figure out the bits and pieces yourself kind of story too but I don't know why the anime expects you to know a lot of stuff already :( is there a source where I can find the original momtaro story in anime format or manga format translated ofc?
Jul 2, 2021 9:27 PM
Feb 2020
i don’t even know what the fuck is going on. i’m hearing that the first episode is the second and the forth will be the first and shit. so im gonna watch this while it’s airing, am i just gonna be watching it out of order or something? like what…
iiExtiinctJul 2, 2021 9:30 PM
Jul 2, 2021 9:53 PM

Aug 2017
Thigh_Tide said:
I'm all for actual non-linear narratives, but taking an existing story and mixing it up is just cheap and irritating.

Fuck that moron of a director.

yeah mixing shit up that doesn't need to be is stupid. same thing was done with Kuma Bear. not all kinds of stories can benefit from being non-chronological, all it does is needlessly confuse people.
do they just think they know better than the actual author of how their story should work...
Jul 2, 2021 10:09 PM

May 2021
....yeah maybe I'll binge it after it airs completely.
Jul 4, 2021 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
The reason for the out of order is so stupid and convoluted... Yet again they read to much into what they think the viewer will react and choose to do this. Might as well not adapt this in the first place if they thought the shift between MC's would be bad for anime viewers...

ANN Article
Jul 4, 2021 3:14 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
This is the most useful forum topic of this year thank you kanlen sama
9cycle cycle9

Jul 4, 2021 6:47 PM
Apr 2019
So basically we have to binge it after it ends...... Sighs

Abir_SenseiJul 4, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 5, 2021 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
Will only those two episodes have their order switched, or should we expect more clusterf*ck?

Jul 5, 2021 8:40 AM
Jan 2018
so the episode that aired is actually episode 4 ?
Jul 6, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
ANSWER ARC TIME:
SpRayquaza11 said:
I had to find the peachboy story by myself ,I Do not understand the whole story at all I like the figure out the bits and pieces yourself kind of story too but I don't know why the anime expects you to know a lot of stuff already :( is there a source where I can find the original momtaro story in anime format or manga format translated ofc?
You can source the manga for it, it's literally there.

iiExtiinct said:
i don’t even know what the fuck is going on. i’m hearing that the first episode is the second and the forth will be the first and shit. so im gonna watch this while it’s airing, am i just gonna be watching it out of order or something? like what…

Abir_Sensei said:
So basically we have to binge it after it ends...... Sighs

Piromysl said:
Will only those two episodes have their order switched, or should we expect more clusterf*ck?

Mattinator95 said:
so the episode that aired is actually episode 4 ?

If you care enough for watching this show, wait until Episode 4 comes out then watch in the chronological order: 4, 1, 2, 3. NEVER TRUST in the TV version (which Funimation and CR releases) until Episode 4 comes out.

RareWRLD said:
This is the most useful forum topic of this year thank you kanlen sama
Very useful indeed xD
Jul 7, 2021 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
Why? Is there any reason for it?

Anyway, I guess I'll wait for those 3 weeks before watching it... It should better be worth it though
Jul 8, 2021 9:02 AM

Dec 2017
Oh well so 2 more weeks until the first one is aired, there were 2 leaked episodes rights? those are in chronological order? though i cant find them anywhere. Since the fourth episode is the only one changed in the crhonological order i only need to see the first leaked episode (if is in order) and then i can start with the tv series.
Jul 8, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
ShikishimaKrile said:
Oh well so 2 more weeks until the first one is aired, there were 2 leaked episodes rights? those are in chronological order? though i cant find them anywhere. Since the fourth episode is the only one changed in the crhonological order i only need to see the first leaked episode (if is in order) and then i can start with the tv series.
Might as well wait for the TV version of Episode 4 to come out then rewatch in that order.
Jul 8, 2021 9:12 AM

Dec 2017
KANLen09 said:
ShikishimaKrile said:
Might as well wait for the TV version of Episode 4 to come out then rewatch in that order.

Not rewatch but watch, i havent seen any episode, i paused the first episode after 2 seconds because i thought something was wrong with that start. Thats why i wanted to know if the leaked episodes were in order, maybe its ilegal to say something here about this i guess. But yea might wait 2 more weeks then start watching in order.
ShikishimaKrileJul 8, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 8, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
ShikishimaKrile said:
KANLen09 said:

Not rewatch but watch, i havent seen any episode, i paused the first episode after 2 seconds because i thought something was wrong with that start. Thats why i wanted to know if the leaked episodes were in order, maybe its ilegal to say something here about this i guess. But yea might wait 2 more weeks then start watching in order.
FYI the leaked episodes (which really aren't leaked, just aired on a streaming service in Japan early) are in the correct order, the TV version just went on a different order.
Jul 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
WTF are you guys doing, ugh.
There should be some consistency within a single MAL entry at least. Pick either TV or chronological order and stick to it. Create another MAL entry if both orders are desired.

I was going to suggest this last week, but then decided to trust the MAL community to avoid falling to such idiocy (again). What a disappointment...
Just create the damn episode threads in advance and note the order used. FFS!

Anyways, i guess the chronological order ends with the pre-aired 4 episodes. It may return in the BD release, but until then we will get only the TV order. Right?

Jul 8, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2018
Piromysl said:
Who the actual fcuk thought it was a good idea?

The director probably.
the thing is that episode zero, which is already out on some sites, is mostly about Mikoto so they switched the order to have the anime start with Sally meeting the rabbit girl to make her the protagonist and switch the spotlight on her since an anime with a cute big tited waifu would probably be more popular than an anime with a femboy protagonist
Jul 8, 2021 2:47 PM
Nov 2018
Well, good news episodes 2 to 4 are sequential. You just need real episode 1. It is available at well known place that can not be named, the first raw release for this title with link to subtitles in comments. Naturally story looks much better this way.
Jul 8, 2021 3:30 PM
Oct 2020
So I should wait 2 more weeks before starting ?
Jul 9, 2021 12:45 AM
Jan 2016
People are making too much of a big deal out of this. You can watch it in broadcast order just fine. They just took a backstory that was in the first chapter and put it slightly later, this is no different from One Piece putting the backstory in the third episode, or Vinland Saga starting with the backstory (when in the manga, it's a bit later), or literally any anime that gives a backstory anywhere that isn't episode one, it's not the most confusing thing in the world.
Jul 9, 2021 1:58 AM
Nov 2018
Kendots said:
People are making too much of a big deal out of this. You can watch it in broadcast order just fine. They just took a backstory that was in the first chapter and put it slightly later, this is no different from One Piece putting the backstory in the third episode, or Vinland Saga starting with the backstory (when in the manga, it's a bit later), or literally any anime that gives a backstory anywhere that isn't episode one, it's not the most confusing thing in the world.

It is indeed different. This is not a backstory, this is very clearly the beginning of main story. If they wanted it to be a backstory they could make it a backstory during production. "Episode 1" starts with WTF moment.

Sure, you can watch anime in random order but nothing about it "just fine". For most people anyway.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.