Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 25, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mod Note: This episode thread is for the fourth televised episode of the anime, which aired on July 22, 2021
(it was pre-aired as the first episode, but was the fourth televised episode).

Watched the first two leaked eps.

Didn't read manga so I was blind storywise. Show looked like a generic fantasy #6969 at first, but the ending was somewhat interesting. I actually thought Mikoto was our MC.

Animation is pretty average, but it could be worse. Also censor. I hope we''ll get uncen version once the official streaming starts.

Oh, Sally has really cool design. The episode ends with her meeting Frau and she is really cute.
anime-primeJul 22, 2021 6:26 AM
Jul 1, 2021 12:54 AM

Jan 2021
Well, no big deal, honestly nothing to highlight from the first episode.

The beginning was quite cliché, but I liked the change of personality of Mikoto when the demons appeared

We'll see how this progresses 0.0
Jul 1, 2021 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
If this looks vastly different from a certain Dragon Maid, it's because the mangaka of Peach Boy Riverside (Cool-kyou Shinja) is the same author as the former. Gotta get that out of the way for some trivia.

Regardless though, this is an OK first episode about the Momotaro Japanese folklore and more. It's easy to mistake the boy traveler Mikoto being the main MC, but Princess Saltorine is also another MC as well, just not so prominent until the end.

Demons outside the Kingdom of Aldike, and the demon slayer Momotaro a.k.a "Peach Boy" Mikoto holds that mission to exterminate these devilish beasts, along with Saltorine whose stale life inside the kingdom is met with approval with the situation, and going off on the journey with Mikoto, dropping the Princess moniker.

Otherwise, it's Chapter 1 of the manga that's pretty succinct to the T, because how are you gonna understand this show from the get-go. Asahi Production's values aren't the best, but servicable enough. A fine start.
KANLen09Jul 1, 2021 6:09 AM
Jul 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Feb 2014
Hmmm according to Tokyo MX it's Episode 1. Even the anime's official website itself is showing "Episode 2" as Episode 1. Maybe the prescreening is Episode 0.

Btw according to the Blu-ray page, the anime will have 12 episodes.

Apparently there's two version - On Air and Time Series. The episode aired on Tokyo MX is On Air, and will air in a shuffle configuration, not chronological order. Explanation given here (use google translate):

https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1623992748

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJul 3, 2021 6:03 PM
Jul 1, 2021 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
tetrix1993 said:
Apparently there's two version - On Air and Time Series. The episode aired on Tokyo MX is On Air, and will air in a shuffle configuration, not chronological order. Explanation given here (use google translate):

https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1623992748
OK THAT explains why, massive thanks for the info!
Jul 1, 2021 7:02 AM

Feb 2014
According to this official tweet, the one that streams at d-Anime Store is "Time Series" version, meaning chronological order, while Tokyo MX is "On Air" version. So two versions... confusing
Jul 1, 2021 7:09 AM

Jul 2017
tetrix1993 said:
According to this official tweet, the one that streams at d-Anime Store is "Time Series" version, meaning chronological order, while Tokyo MX is "On Air" version. So two versions... confusing
Yelp, which means that most people will follow the "On Air" version as opposed to the "Time Series" (which is the intended chronological order). A directorial decision no less, but I can already confirm that the "Time Series" Episode 1 is the much-needed foundation to start this show right.
Jul 1, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
The way they air reminded me of how the first season of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu used to air.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 1, 2021 8:03 AM

Jul 2020
The episode where Sally meets Fraum is actually episode 2, guess Imma head over to that discussion lol, what a mess xD!
LeviathanHWDJul 1, 2021 8:21 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 1, 2021 8:08 AM

Nov 2013
tetrix1993 said:

I was worried some weird shit was gonna happen, and I guess I wasn't wrong. Literally the #1 thing I've seen people complain about with Gekidol was that it was trying way too hard to be different, is the director gonna mess this up too?
Jul 1, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2020
I was a but confused but this episode 2. I like the character design and i didn’t read the manga.
Is mikoto our MC or Sally?
Sally was running back to frau to help her that’s nice and she has crazy abilities looking forward to this.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 1, 2021 8:15 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty weird episode, things felt a bit out of order for some reason. Thou Frau's really adorable. So I'm gonna watch a few more episodes to decide whether I'll watch all episodes or not.
MegamiRemJul 2, 2021 6:45 AM
Jul 1, 2021 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
I've already seen the pre-air, and I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this. There's definitely some good I'm seeing, but also
, the release schedule's unnecessarily convoluted, and they're launching with a crappy browser kusoge, not even a full-on mobile gacha.

MegamiRem said:
Eh wait so this was episode 2 and not 1?

This was the second episode in the pre-air, yes. Kinda makes me confused about what should even be discussed where.
Jul 1, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
This is a little weird given the context lol. But hope it'll still be easy to follow along, as I did dig what was shown. From some angles, can't help but see Aoi from Shirobako tbh.
Jul 1, 2021 8:30 AM

Jun 2021
Before airing, I was concerned about this show because it was going to be directed by Shigeru Ueda and scripted by Keiichirou Oochi, the pair that brought us a train wreck called Gekidol. (Not to mention I still have not forgiven Ueda for Marchen Madchen)

After watching episode 1, most of those concerns were relieved. While the overall story is still ambiguous, episode 1 shows that this is a show that bring a good mixture of cute, eroticism and gore to keep you entertained from beginning to end. The VA casting sounds great (Mao sounds great as Frau) and the animation is solid.

I'll definitely keep watching this, although with cautious optimism.
Jul 1, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2018
Well a rare beginning for an first episode anime. Our yellow-haired MC meets a demi-human, Frau. The chicken-ogre got defeated in an instant by Frau, easily my favorite character in this serie. So a monster with a horn is called an ''ogre'' in this anime.

The ending was quite a suprise, I thought Mikato would save them but no, It's our psycho MC who will end up killing the fat ogre whale xD.
The story about the Peach boy was confusing but they'll probably explain it later on.

Animation is decent, the OST sounds quite nice. Can't wait for more..

Mod Edit: Removed fixed issue.
anime-primeJul 10, 2021 12:37 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 1, 2021 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
I think it might just work for the best to set a standard; what order should the threads follow, On Air (shuffle), or Time Series (chronological)? Because if so, apparently EP1 is gonna be the 4th episode. Bear in mind that CR seems to be running on the OA schedule, so that might end up being the deciding factor.
Jul 1, 2021 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
Blood_Parade said:
I think it might just work for the best to set a standard; what order should the threads follow, On Air (shuffle), or Time Series (chronological)? Because if so, apparently EP1 is gonna be the 4th episode. Bear in mind that CR seems to be running on the OA schedule, so that might end up being the deciding factor.
It'd be best to follow the On Air (shuffle) order, the Time Series (chronological) order while it's the way to go, we can only trust so much in the On Air Shuffle order to see if things go as it seems.
Jul 1, 2021 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
Damn this is so average I barely finished the episode.

Usagi, Arte and Kyon walk into a amateur anime...
VirtueHunterJul 1, 2021 9:34 AM
Jul 1, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
It's been a while

but the Cross Ange spin-off is finally here

"First episode" was bit of a turn off since I don't see the point of the shuffle order yet. I just hope it's worth it.

Was still fairly entertaining. Appreciate the gore and the OST is pretty nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2021 9:32 AM
Sep 2020
At first it seems to have a somewhat cliché start, but in the end they show us something interesting, which makes me want to follow it. I’m going to give it a try. I’ve seen animes that start cliché, but then they push themselves and take their own course.
Jul 1, 2021 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
I may continue to watch because Frau remembers me of Hime from Yozakura Quartet.

Sally have the dream of a person with chuunibyo, the Magical Eye, a nice body. Now about the octopus, I don't know if is experience of dungeoning or imagination.

Im impressed that the guards scene was uncensored.

Now see how will develop.
Jul 1, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2015
That was quite interesting. I was wondering about the title until the end where there was another fight. Also, the episodes are shuffled ???
Jul 1, 2021 11:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh man, here's to hoping the rearranged order works out. Otherwise, this is seriously going to implode- that's the feeling I got from this episode.

Anyway, it was a fine first episode. Concept of peach being applied like this is kind of interesting, lol. Reminds me of the devil fruits from the One Piece franchise.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 1, 2021 11:34 AM

May 2018
Now that was entertaining.
I love how the funniest part of the episode were also the darkest parts. Seemingly your typical shounen stuff but with little twists here and there. Badass bunnygirl? That's nice.
Also I am curious how far they will go with the Momotaro reinterpretation.

By the way I would never guess walruses becoming trendy but here we are...
Jul 1, 2021 11:39 AM

Jun 2017
Oh yeah I just found out this was actually episode 2...but then where the heck is the first one. lmao

Anyway, maybe the order doesn't matter that much?

Btw Sally is THICC daamn. Frau seemed lame at first but is okay actually.

Looks like a promising series so far, definitely has my interest.

Mod Edit: Removed fixed issue.
anime-primeJul 10, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 1, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2021
Excuse me but do you have any exposition here because there wasn’t any in the first episode at all.. i have several questions
Jul 1, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2015
Main girl has big boobs.
9/10

Btw, It gave me instant Chaika vibes.

Jul 1, 2021 12:27 PM

Feb 2019
It's rather far on the low end simply in general, including some egregious abuse of stills, set to some pretty goofy RPG battle music. Except, of course, when it comes to the main character's gigantic chest, which flops like a goddamned pair of Dragon Quest slimes with every little movement.

Putting together a cohesive story introducing the characters and story is also a big part, and again, while not the worst, it's just unimaginative and dull about it. We don't have to suffer through a bunch of internal narration of the characters introducing themselves or explaining the things going on right in front of them. Instead, we suffer through repeated declarations of the amount of racism specism in the world. And then the giant walrus shows up, who spends the last five minutes of the episode announcing what the attacks of his opponents were, which is super helpful because they weren't animated, plus an unrelated exposition bit from space about random lore about I guess the origins of her magic powers? In any case, it ends the whole thing with such an incredibly damp fart of a climax to an episode that was already meandering and not very compelling.
Jul 1, 2021 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
Well that sure didn't make a lot of sense yet. It's a very liberal take on Momotaro I guess.
Jul 1, 2021 12:44 PM

Oct 2020
One episode in and its already a contender for new aots. Excited for ep2 ><

✧ FOUND YOU, MY DARLING ✧ FORUM SET BY:BUNNY

Jul 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Mar 2018

The show itself is mid as fuck but Frau is the cutest thing in the fucking world and I would die for her
Jul 1, 2021 2:59 PM

Aug 2019
I’ll just watch this in release order since I’m too lazy to try to find the real episode 1 on torrent sites, but Frau is definitely the best character in this show without even seeing the rest of the cast
Jul 1, 2021 3:03 PM

Aug 2018
this was solid. it set up the characters decently enough and the opening was quite good. i'm looking forward to the intro to the male mc and how he and sally will interact.

mogu mogu

🍙🍙
Jul 1, 2021 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
Well, I am glad I came to this thread to see what is going on. What I thought was a first episode it actually a second episode? No wonder it felt like I was missing something. My lord it's already confusing me. Either way, I am hoping that this on air shuffle won't confuse my head too much. I wonder what this is going to do with the story and my viewing experience.

All I can say for now is, from what I saw, it was a good start, surprised about the gore, I respect that there were no censors and I can tell that Sally will be the eye candy this season. Those are some dekai oppai right there and I am all for it ^^
Jul 1, 2021 3:29 PM

May 2015
Am I the only person who thinks Sally's character model looks virtually identical to Miyamori from Shirobako?
Jul 1, 2021 3:43 PM

Jan 2020
I’m confused. I thought that the purple haired character (Mikoto) was the mc but I guess I was wrong. I want to see them introduced at least and see what exactly happened in the past because this episode didn’t explain anything really except that he saved that village before. I thought he was going to show up at the end but unfortunately not. I didn’t really like the fmc much but I liked Frau and thankfully she didn’t die. Anyway, I’ll give this show a shot at least and hope for better.
Jul 1, 2021 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
Episode one was awesome. Music, Fan Service, Blood, Action, and of course may be the best part of the episode...

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 1, 2021 7:04 PM

Sep 2019
This shuffled episode order is weird, I doubt it’ll work out. Nice tentacle scene though.
Jul 1, 2021 11:01 PM

Sep 2018
Better first episode that what I anticipated tbh
Jul 1, 2021 11:42 PM

Oct 2016
That was really good! Really solid first episode, I enjoyed it a lot. I heard they're gonna broadcast this out of chronological order, that's why that intro scene was so sudden, but I think it's gonna be fine. I'll just continue watching the tv version.

I really like Sally and Frau so far, the characters designs are pretty nice. Really interesting plot with the ogres and demi humans. And then there's also the Momotaro peach power. It's very promising. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 1, 2021 11:44 PM

May 2020
Carrot is the best girl…she use her power and become a Loli but im confused is this episode 2? What?
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Jul 2, 2021 2:35 AM

Dec 2020
story concept is pretty interesting, not something id usually look at and want to watch but not something id drop too. pretty eh so far tho, when sally yelled "dont give up!!!" and bunny girl just gets motivated to fight again made me let out an "ugh" but i am interested in the story so ill stay
Jul 2, 2021 3:28 AM

Jun 2019
This one's an interesting anime, gonna wait for more episodes before I decide if I like it tho.
Jul 2, 2021 4:41 AM

Aug 2020
you know its a manga that cool kyou is invloved in when there is that level of attention and emphasis to boobs and their physics .

so since they are doing this jumbling up , i am assuming it means that the production for this is over ..... Maybe they are just trying to flex that part . i dont really see the point of this . i read that they announced by saying the usual "Manga readers will understand why we did this" , so there must be a reason .....

Jul 2, 2021 7:12 AM
Dec 2018
I'm not sure about this one. The premise seems generic. The meeting of Frau and sally was weird guess I'm going for 3 episode rule.
Jul 2, 2021 7:58 AM

Mar 2014
It's an okay start but it's hard for me to understand what the hell is going on
Jul 2, 2021 10:10 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
RedChrome said:
It's an okay start but it's hard for me to understand what the hell is going on

That because it's NOT EP1 but EP2.

Check the forum
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1935388

This is why seasonal watcher fails. I haven't watch but I would binge after the series end, or at least until first 4 ep comes out. Don't want to wait until next week since the whole thing rearrange episode order between 1 to 4.
Fuwa_sanJul 2, 2021 10:15 AM
Jul 2, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2017
Not a great first episode if I'm honest. It was pretty dull and uneventful until the last few minutes so it didn't hook me at all. I didn't realise it's based on Momotaro and apparently, it's being adapted out of chronological order so that's a bit weird.

I'll watch a few more eps and decide whether I'll keep watching.
Jul 2, 2021 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
I found the first episode cool that something interesting for a mystery like this show looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.