Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Tankmon and other troops surrounding Yamato and the others like prey.

Not going to lie, they picked up the action pretty quick this episode. Angemon is back kicking some ass and that's satisfying to see. Taking care of business against evil like a badass.

May 1, 2021 7:59 PM

Feb 2019
Holyangemon lets gooo! What an episode; the evolution and fights were great today. Always nice to get Takeru themed eps.
May 1, 2021 8:44 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Pretty lame evolution sequence for HolyAngemon tbh. There's also the fact that Takeru is just fearless, like stuff doesn't seem to faze him at all. Other than that, at least the gang showed some character I guess with them reacting instead staring blankly at one another.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 1, 2021 9:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
kinda a weird time to reveal Magna Angemon lol, but then again, its really hard to get what this show is going for other than nostalgia
May 1, 2021 9:20 PM
Sep 2015
I've to say that despite less impact, this HolyAngemon actually make more sense than the original one. Now we know that the black part of HolyAngemon is from Devimon, which is originally a part of Angemon but infected with darkness.

I'm a little bit anxious that with only 20 episodes left, we still don't know who's the real big boss. But this episode at least suggest that it doesn't even born yet.

I'm wondering if my favorite digimon like Agnimon and Gankoomon will make an appearance, or at least a cameo, in this reboot.
May 1, 2021 10:28 PM

Oct 2017
Wow MagnaAngemon evolution sequence was over before it even begun.
May 1, 2021 11:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Takeru and Angemon the MVP of the episode
May 1, 2021 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
so as long as Angemon is still alive then Devimon will keep coming back eh

HolyAngemon is cool though

and Sephirothmon is a problematic enemy in the future
May 2, 2021 12:33 AM
Aug 2017
...So can we go back to the filler now? At least those episodes were entertaining instead of these episodes that make plot progress but in the most lame and lukewarm way possible.
May 2, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2013
So I guess the holy Digimon will all have their own "shadow". I actually prefer this version of Devimon over the original.
The evolution is meh but at least I can get behind the build up to it, unlike the previous episode's evolution.
May 2, 2021 5:00 AM
Oct 2012
I love how they bring up the concept of 'darkness being right there with light' so well with Devimon's narration. HolyAngemon's appearance, though, feel very anticlimatic. He evolves, and then that's it. Wish he gets more action.
May 2, 2021 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
They violated MagnaAngemon

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
The plot is moving again with Sephirothmon, and just like the nano-created Digital World early on in this show, the troubles don't stop piling for Taichi, Yamato and Koshiro.

The story with Angemon's darkness "shadow" side of Devimon though, this I feel is much better and made more sense than the OG, and feels like it has impact than what it started out with. Even goiing as far as to illustrate the one-sided darkness through one side of the arm, and with it the meh evolution into HolyAngemon. Whatever, it's the highlight of this episode.

Treading the lines of mediocrity I see.
May 2, 2021 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
The fight against the demon although it was the surplus, really was a good highlight in the episode.
May 2, 2021 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
I can't believe Yamato got Hinata'ed, all he ever says is "Takeru" or "Gabumon", I like the idea of Holyangemon being a proof of Angemon accepting and embracing a bit his inner darkness so props for the reboot for doing something right, shame it falls flat like everything it tries.
May 2, 2021 3:12 PM

Jun 2017
phantomfandom said:
I'm a little bit anxious that with only 20 episodes left, we still don't know who's the real big boss. But this episode at least suggest that it doesn't even born yet.

I wonder as well, 20 eps are not really much to have a grand setup...with the current pacing the end boss will just randomly pop up and gets dealt with in a few episodes. Plus half the cast still has to get their mega evolutions which usually takes up a dedicated episode.

I am still curious if Leomon will die yet again...or if Lopmon gonna show up with reinforcements (and maybe evolve) too.

May 2, 2021 7:18 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was pretty decent. Good recover after that last meaningless racing episode. HolyAngemon had a more interesting development under his evolution, but sadly the animation was just plain. Well, everyone knows that Digimon other than Agumon and Gabumon won't be getting a nice evolution sequence. Lilymon is the best we can get.

Judging by the pace, of those 20 episodes we will have around 15 episodes of either fillers or actual new evolutions.

Of the last 5 episodes, I guess 1 or 2 is gonna be to build around the new enemy and then the rest of pure fights that keep escalating until we are back to fighting in real world with Omnimon saving the day again or something like that.

By the way, I'm starting to get worried that we might not get every Digimon to their Mega.

To be honest, if it is to have a lame debut like Metal Garurumon, I would rather not having them digivolve any further. Just give Agumon a third mega since Taichi already had almost half of the anime for himself and next episode will focus on him again anyways.
May 15, 2021 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
Well his digivolution sequence was something to be desired that's for sure.
May 20, 2021 8:39 AM
Oct 2019
It was kinda okay Episode....
Idk how to feel about it though.

We have 20 Episode left and the story are all over the place...
This is confusing.
Sep 1, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2021
They did HolyAngemon (or MagnaAngemon) better in this reboot to be fair. I remember he was just some deus ex machina in the original randomly evolving in the final fight with Piedmon with nothing else going for him despite the supposed elite status holy digimons have. Also liked the bits with Angemon and Devimon cause the original missed this opportunity with them.

The evolution sequence though..... sucks.
Nov 4, 2021 5:22 PM

Feb 2015
This episode could've been so much better if the evil digimon they fought had literally any personality at all. I'm pretty sure Devimon had more dialogue in this episode than in all the ones where it was supposed to be the main villain :x
It would've been such a great way to introduce HolyAngemon cause his backstory with Devimon has potential, but since Takeru and Patamon (and Devimon) don't have any real personality, it just falls flat.

I also hate that they repeated one of my pet peeves with the original Adventure: Angewomon and HolyAngemon are on the same power level, yet Angewomon is always depicted to be so much weaker ._.
She couldn't hurt the enemy at all, but HolyAngemon obliterates it in one attack... *sigh*.
Speaking of Angewomon: why couldn't they have given the fighting scenes to Sora/Mimi/Jyou or Hikari instead of Yamato and Taichi? They only fought rehashed enemies anyway, so at least let the others get some screentime pls.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 13, 2022 8:00 AM

Feb 2020
The connection between Angemon and Devimon is quite interesting. Devimon is actually Angemon’s own shadow. That's cool.
Sep 4, 2023 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
metalgarurumon ep, honestly it looked pretty bad in spots, but was at least an enjoyable ep overall.

from the preview I'm guessing MagnaAngemon is next?

edit:
[damn I meant to comment this on 45, then reading the other replies had my own suspicions confirmed/semi-spoiled that I was indeed right about MagnaAngemon lol]
JVskunkapeSep 4, 2023 10:33 AM
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 22, 10:41 AM
Nov 2019
Really liked the conversation between Angemon and Devimon. An interesting episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.