Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly, I think it might take me some time to get used to Letty (the Dragon) and his voice.

This seems like a very isekaish show with slimes, the Dragon, world setting, etc. Kinda feel bad for him since his own family kicked him out. To be fair, this show pretty much sells exactly what it wants and that's a fantasy story. Letty's personality is a bit ...idk, childish in some ways. Might have to get used to that too but the overall anime seems pretty lighthearted so far.

Apr 4, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
Interesting premiere episode! I had more fun than what was expected to be, that's a well-endowed surprise.

I dig Masayoshi Ooishi's OP here better than SSSS.Dynazenon's one.

Despite the fantasy tag, it's more of a slice-of-life adventure. The red dragon Letty is refreshing for a MC that's not the usual evil personality. Finding a home for this dragon is easier said than done, and only the work of elf architect Dearia will do.

Didn't expect to say this, but Letty's VA Shun Horie is very fitting for the kiddy character.

But man, with a -7 Luck stat, Letty sure is UNLUCKY to the MAX.
KANLen09Apr 4, 2021 8:46 AM
Apr 4, 2021 6:54 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
I like the premiere episode. Letty is the cutest dragon I have ever seen.
Also, I like Leo Morimoto's narration.

Since this title is related to looking for a house, they have the collaborated TV commercial with OPEN HOUSE (the real estate company in Japan). It's cute.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2021 7:10 AM

Jun 2019
Okay.. so the first thing I'm surprised about is that Letty, the dragon is the MC. Didn't expect that. I thought he would be a side character but well he's most welcome.
For a dragon, Letty does have an interesting voice with his childish personality. VA fits his character as well. Poor Letty, looking for a house. Well, that's gonna be a hard task. It does have a slice of life feel and vibe to it along with that jolly start. A decent start to the show.
Apr 4, 2021 8:21 AM

Feb 2019
Well, that was pretty funny episode.our mc is probably the weakest and only crybaby dragon i have seen in anime but i like him. He is also quite unlucky.
Apr 4, 2021 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
All the Monster Hunter references made me laugh, top tier stuff. They even had the steak tune. xD

Seems like a fun show, nice comedy and the parodies are great too. Hope there's more from where that came from.
Apr 4, 2021 8:48 AM

Jan 2021
Pretty interesting and funny start 😂
The animation has exceeded my expectations
Poor dragon, luck: -7, I feel represented with that ಥ ‿ ಥ
Apr 4, 2021 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
I really liked the first Episode. The Fantasy setting is so nice and the MC is cute, lol, I love it.
I can't wait for more.
Apr 4, 2021 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
Welp I was looking forward to this anime quite a bit but sadly this was a meh start.

I like the concept, animation and character designs were fine but I dun like the main character aka the dragon at all. His voice is annoying af, he sounds like a 5 year old brat. Even the narrator's voice was weak, it's not suited for narration at all imo. Thou that last part was surprising, was not expecting those humans to be fried lol.

OP/ED were both pretty cool.

I rarely drop any anime and I hope I won't have to drop this one. Didn't like this premise but hey it's just the start so hopefully it'll get better.
Apr 4, 2021 9:39 AM
Sep 2015
I like this "my home" anime much better than that previous season "my home" anime, and since the majority of characters are male, I'll have fun shipping those characters too!
Apr 4, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2016
Was a little amusing (I liked the slimes) but the wussy dragon schtick was already getting tiresome by the end.
Apr 4, 2021 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:

This seems like a very isekaish show with slimes, the Dragon, world setting, etc.

You know Fantasy and Isekai are two different thing,s right? Just because it's Fantasy doesn't mean it's Isekai. Go back to anime school and redo your classes.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 4, 2021 10:25 AM
Apr 2020
That was better than expected. Had some good laughs, especially at 'where are the hidden cameras'. Seems good for a relaxing evening sometimes.
Apr 4, 2021 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
The manga for this is even worse somehow. They made it a little bit more tolerable and watchable with the anime. That's still not saying much, really boring generic fantasy setting that implements some lazy rpg game mechanics. The main character is unbelievably obnoxious and none of the comedy was actually funny. I really struggle to see who this source material is aimed at.
:3
Apr 4, 2021 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty eh for a start. Will have to get used to it, but I am curious to see what his home will be.
Apr 4, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2012
There's a genetic RPG system and some bland fantasy elements but...

Its super funny!! I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
Apr 4, 2021 10:57 AM

Feb 2020
A parody of ferocious monsters, and a dragon trying to find the best place to rest... does that remind me of Maoujou de Oyasumi.

And the adventure begins, hope this goes well.
Apr 4, 2021 11:00 AM

Sep 2019
I hate the narrator's voice, the dragon's voice was really annoying too.

I didn't like the first part but it started to get funny when the heroes showed up. Dearia is HOT. I liked the ED visuals.
Apr 4, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
SHINOBI-03 said:
Stark700 said:

This seems like a very isekaish show with slimes, the Dragon, world setting, etc.

You know Fantasy and Isekai are two different thing,s right? Just because it's Fantasy doesn't mean it's Isekai. Go back to anime school and redo your classes.

Letty continuously made RPG style references like having a status card & saying the egg will re-spawn after changing maps so I'm also confused and curious if he's an Isekai'd character or if the author just wants to have fun making gaming references.
Apr 4, 2021 11:26 AM

Feb 2017
Mica-Chan10 said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

Letty continuously made RPG style references like having a status card & saying the egg will re-spawn after changing maps so I'm also confused and curious if he's an Isekai'd character or if the author just wants to have fun making gaming references.

I'm going to assume the author is just having fun, otherwise stuff like the sleepy princess from a couple seasons ago or even danmachi would be considered isekai.
Apr 4, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2020
Those "heroes" were pretty full of themselves.
Apr 4, 2021 11:52 AM
Nov 2018
It was funny but feels like a project on thin ice, it could get boring quickly if they do the smallest mistake.
Apr 4, 2021 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
OH NO More status screen! No. Bad anime. Stop that.

Boy, not a great showing for supposedly subversive fantasy humor today, on either the production front or the "understanding what a joke is" front. "You can live with me," said the fish monster. "Oh no, I can't breath under water." Great scene, guys. Up there with "You can live with us," says the flying monster. "Oh no, I can't fly." Stay tuned for next week when we expand this formula to "This dungeon has traps in it." "Oh no, traps are dangerous." And the animation is bad. I was originally going to remark on how awkward the dragon running looked, like they hadn't really put any thought into how animals move at all, and then in literally the next scene, he's 'walking' on his back legs only by having his image bob up and down, legs not moving at all. Observational humor doesn't strictly need a big budget, but we're not that far above flip cards here, and the jokes are struggling to reach the level of those found on popsicle sticks.

The part that feels especially weird to me is that it doesn't seem to want to fully commit to the corny NES RPG aesthetic. There's a couple status screens and the non-fight slaps a menu up to reference that stuff, but that's as far as it seems to want to go. But at the same time, it very much is relying on gamification and knowledge of it to drive what I can only extremely charitably call its attempts at humor. Like the heroes who show up and rant that heroes defeat monsters. But he's just some innocent dragon who hasn't done anything, and it is not a normal thing for people to call themselves heroes and go roam the countryside looking for things to fight. Which even for a joke about an RPG is not exactly reaching for the high fruit.
Apr 4, 2021 12:34 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
This was funny as holy hell. I don't really mind the animation. Funny to see other monsters help the all mighty dragon. Looking forward to next episode.

(I'm drunk as holy hell writing this, might not be funny next episode... hahahaha.)
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Apr 4, 2021 1:11 PM
Feb 2016
Decent first episode, seems like it could be a nice easy series to watch. It did feel a bit slow and uneventful but was saved by some funny dialogue near the end.
Apr 4, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2015
This was...really not good. I'm guessing the only difference between "I kinda like this show, in an okay-ish way" and "I find this show so boring" is whether or not you can withstand the assault of mediocrity that is Letty's personality. Needless to say, I'm part of the latter category. But even if I somehow managed to like him...where'd the humor go? If you tell me any joke in there made you so much as smile, you are either properly intoxicated or not older than 8.

Now, the concept of an architect/real estate agent building/finding homes suited to the needs of various typical fantasy monsters is what I found appealing in that summary, so if we do get to see more of that, maybe I'll manage to suffer through (and, who knows? maybe even appreciate) this show for the whole of its runtime.

Avatar and signature picture made by aryandil.
Apr 4, 2021 1:28 PM
Mar 2015
Super unique premise, I wonder what kind of home will suit our big red friend?
Apr 4, 2021 1:42 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty cute first episode, if a bit repetitive. Just the dragon meeting various other creatures until our main plot kicked in at the end. Interested in seeing where we go from here. Also, for whatever reason I thought this dragon was a girl going in, gonna take me awhile to keep down that it's a boy dragon. XD
Apr 4, 2021 1:42 PM

Mar 2020
This could literally be an isekai.

Don't think the comedy really hit for me. Pretty boring start so hopefully it'll catch some wind soon.
Apr 4, 2021 1:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I feel bad for this poor little dragon, he's getting bullied by everyone xD I hope that he'll find a house
Apr 4, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2020
Well this start was kinda boring. Not really liking the character designs that much & the animation's pretty low-budget too, the voice for the narrator doesn't fit too well in my opinion and the dragon's voice somehow annoyed me.

All that stuff can be overlooked a little if the comedy / story fits, and while some jokes were good (the Monster Hunter one was great with the steak tune + the part about Heroes being a title/job made me chuckle), it was still a pretty bland first episode. Maybe it gets better though?
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 4, 2021 2:52 PM

Jun 2017
I enjoyed it so far, sure the fantasy trope was overused to death already but this one at least puts a unique fresh twist on it. Seems like it will be mostly chill focused and nothing grand or serious.

I don't think the jokes were bad, animation is pretty stiff though, they seem unsure how to animate Letty. (now then it's not like we have real life dragons for accurate reference lol)

It should get better once more of the side characters pop up, I am especially looking forward to that princess. Hopefully it can remain consistent enough at least.

Apr 4, 2021 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
Whats better than dragons and heroes? Elf demon king! :))))
Seems like this gonna be very cute adventure and beautiful world full of mythical creatures to explore.
Apr 4, 2021 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
Luxeraph said:
Mica-Chan10 said:

I'm going to assume the author is just having fun, otherwise stuff like the sleepy princess from a couple seasons ago or even danmachi would be considered isekai.

I'd say the only qualifier needed to consider it an Isekai would be if the character is shown traveling between worlds/lives or if they directly speak about doing so. I won't be considering this an Isekai for now but who knows if things will change.
Apr 4, 2021 3:20 PM

May 2009
Really love that silly dragon and everything he's getting into. He has like the best and worst luck possible at the same time.

Stark700 said:
Honestly, I think it might take me some time to get used to Letty (the Dragon) and his voice.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one. That almost made me drop the first episode... There's just something about it that wasn't pleasant, maybe just the acting that isn't too good.

Edit: I'm dumb and I misquoted, I meant the narrator's voice ^ Letty's voice is a bit whinny, but I got used to it pretty fast.
DeadlyRavenApr 5, 2021 1:27 PM
Apr 4, 2021 3:21 PM
Nov 2020
It was pretty funny and the MC is super cute. Will be watching the next episode.
Apr 4, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2015
Baka Dragon, he's kinda cute. The elf guy seems cool but what's with that eye drawn over hair? Argh, I thought anime was over it.
Apr 4, 2021 4:06 PM
Jul 2019
Seems like a cute series, I definitely wasn’t expecting the elf guy just to absolutely destroy the heroes lol. Definitely gonna keep my eye on this series.
Apr 4, 2021 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
Well this was a God Awful start to the series. They basically tell you right off the bat who Dearia actually is. That was probably the only cool part of the episode is when he turned those "Heroes" to dust.

Yeah it was just not good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Jan 2021
i honestly liked this episode a lot, its very cute and excited to see what the dragon (i forgot his name :P) will have to face next

Apr 4, 2021 6:19 PM

Oct 2014
I'm glad I read the synopsis first, definitely an original concept. Good sense of humor, though the directing is a little stiff. I liked the main character though I hope he gets more confident over time. The harpies called him "the little dragon that could" in reference to the kids' book, I loved that. Promising start.
Apr 4, 2021 6:30 PM

Mar 2019
Not the Greatest, but at least entertaining...

Not like the most of series in this season, that seems pretty lame...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 4, 2021 6:42 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Didn't really like this one much sadly. I might grow to it but right now, comedy doesn't really hit and I don't feel super strongly about characters or the setting.

ED was very good and miles better than OP imo

Apr 4, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2021
It was cute and fun. I don't mind the main character Letty, his traits aren't ones I find annoying. The art and animation is decent. I do intend to continue watching, and I hope to see more world building, comedy, and character development.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Apr 4, 2021 9:05 PM

Oct 2016
Well this is going to be a fun and chill show, I hope it keeps it up.

Didn't expect Dearia to just vaporize those heroes lmao, they'll probably respawn anyway. And damn he's also the demon lord. An elf demon lord realtor lmao. Those harpies though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Apr 4, 2021 10:31 PM

Mar 2021
I have seen all of these polarized opinion in this forum discussion. Some say the comedy is good, other say it is boring. I myself actually laugh more on some of the scenes than any comedy animes I have watch in this season. However, comedy is very subjective to a lot of people so it is better to go see the actual anime itself.

Apr 4, 2021 11:24 PM
Oct 2017
MegamiRem said:
Welp I was looking forward to this anime quite a bit but sadly this was a meh start.

I like the concept, animation and character designs were fine but I dun like the main character aka the dragon at all. His voice is annoying af, he sounds like a 5 year old brat. Even the narrator's voice was weak, it's not suited for narration at all imo. Thou that last part was surprising, was not expecting those humans to be fried lol.

OP/ED were both pretty cool.

I rarely drop any anime and I hope I won't have to drop this one. Didn't like this premise but hey it's just the start so hopefully it'll get better.

NTM, it's kinda hard for me to sympathize with someone who's so dense, he lets himself get kidnapped and nearly killed. Also, he pretty much brought this on himself, being so incompetent he can't even babysit an egg.
Even Aqua could do a better job, and her luck ain't that great either. By eating the damn thing, that is and grabbing some booze.
Apr 4, 2021 11:30 PM

Oct 2017
DeadlyRaven said:
Stark700 said:

Glad to see I wasn't the only one. That almost made me drop the first episode... There's just something about it that wasn't pleasant, maybe just the acting that isn't too good.
Yes specially that part where he was begging for his life to the dwarves. That made me want to drop the first episode.
Apr 4, 2021 11:43 PM
Oct 2017
DeadlyRaven said:
Really love that silly dragon and everything he's getting into. He has like the best and worst luck possible at the same time.

Stark700 said:

THAT'S because he's voiced by Shun Horie, who ALSO happens to be the voice of Kazuya from Rent-A-Girlfriend and Schlain from the spider isekai.
Apr 5, 2021 1:23 AM

May 2010
This dragon is either long lost sibling of Panda-kun from Shirokuma Cafe or Panda-kun hit by truck-kun.

What with the J-Drama style narration O.o
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

51 by JonTheFurBrony »»
Sep 15, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

26 by Notsoprodigious »»
Mar 10, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

30 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2021

31 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2021

29 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.