Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2020 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, more storytelling about Edmund and his relationship with Five...

I think one important element to take away from this episode is how relationships between characters can change from certain events, even in the present time too. Even more fascinating is the idea of Gun Slave Unit being a core part of this show's values.

Aug 20, 2020 11:00 AM
Dec 2017
Another Takehito Koyasu's small VA role this year (Juuzou's Hands partner) if i'm not mistaken.
Aug 20, 2020 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
So did they have a plan or got themselves into a trap?
Aug 20, 2020 11:41 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode. Got some backstory about the creation of extendeds as well as 7 and the other Gun slave units. Juzo/Tetsu are gonna have a tough battle on their hands next week. Can’t wait.
Aug 20, 2020 11:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
An episode full of great character development and backstories, I really feel like the second cour is becoming better and better
Aug 20, 2020 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
Something tells me there is more to the ending then we're lead to believe. Which is making me quite curious about it, and I wonder if Juzo actually let himself get taken over.
Aug 20, 2020 4:12 PM

Jul 2017
The Gun Slave Units have their backstory through Edmund/Theodore and Juzo. The close relationship between them and their partner Hands, the human betrayal of trust, and leading into a rebellion.

Oh ho, so Juzo and Edmund are part of the Noble Rot, just to exemplify a cover-up for tools and social disruption, truly left to rot for good as overstayed Extendeds (hence the term Over-Extended). Even with their Hands, it's a sad fate to let them die, but at the progress of humanity in the cyberpunk world.

Tetsuro's theory through the Spitzburgen professor to understand Juzo's position as a Resolver, and his resolve to fight against the very company that made him (Beruhren) and aiding the terrorists (Spitsburgen), the line begins to blur.

The creation of Extendeds that was spurred through Wachouski in laborious research, and the betrayal of Beruhren that left a sour taste in his mouth. A tale of revenge and going far to achieve the ideal future.

A world-building episode done spectacularly right.
Aug 21, 2020 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
I missed Pepper and her gunhead boyfriend. I want to see Seven and Juzo duke it out again.

Damn that guy's twin brother and parents suck ass.
臭い-
Aug 21, 2020 8:19 AM

Jul 2016
Bibimbapski said:
I missed Pepper and her gunhead boyfriend. I want to see Seven and Juzo duke it out again.

Damn that guy's twin brother and parents suck ass.

I kept expecting him to come out and say Juzo was his twin brother...
Aug 21, 2020 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
Of the four remaining Gun Slave Units, I wonder why only Juzo was tasked with defeating the rebellion. And damn, Juzo must be something else if he can fight against nine other Gun Slave Units and slaughter them.

Not once did the supposedly Testuro-controlled Juzo speak. I'm pretty sure they're playing Spitzbergen and that Tetsuro is actually controlling some other Extended who's watching from the sidelines right now.
Aug 21, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2016
MrAwesome2018 said:

I believe that they couldn't go to the professor without having a plan and of course Tetsuro didn't take over Juzo with his power. It was Juzo himself that's why in the end we didn't hear him speak yet, I think it was obvious... Can't wait for the next episode, I really liked this one too because we finally saw some interesting background stories.
Aug 21, 2020 3:58 PM

Sep 2017
Man I was expecting to actually SEE the backstory of the gun slave units and how Juzo killed number 6 or whatever, but instead we just got exposition over a handful of cuts. Definitely not the first time I've noticed this series seriously failing at show, don't tell.
Aug 21, 2020 5:53 PM
Dec 2014
Shikkakku said:
Not once did the supposedly Testuro-controlled Juzo speak. I'm pretty sure they're playing Spitzbergen and that Tetsuro is actually controlling some other Extended who's watching from the sidelines right now.

Exactly my thoughts as well as I was watching that scene at the end of the episode. Now I really wonder if Juzo will keep acting for some more time or if they are going to fight on the spot already from the start of the episode next week.
Aug 21, 2020 6:15 PM

Sep 2019
There’s no way juzo and tetsuro don’t have a plan, next episode is gonna be good.
Aug 21, 2020 6:17 PM

Sep 2019
Shikkakku said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Mary and the little hand pet
Aug 21, 2020 9:42 PM
Mar 2015
Lots of backstory
Aug 21, 2020 10:57 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode, explained Juzo's background... And I want more nxt week will be good.

Aug 21, 2020 11:54 PM

Mar 2009
The camera was obsessed with Mary's feet in this episode. Kreygasm

We haven't seen Seven and Pepper for a long time. I was wondering where they were. Seven honestly sounds like a kid, based on his voice. Looking forward to his eventual fight with Juzo.

Ending to this episode was really interesting.
Aug 22, 2020 8:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, nice i got some more information about Juuzo history in the war. Oh, not about that. Its after them. Ofc, its such a dark past, being ordered to killed his friends from the war, surely not an easy memories for Juuzo. However, its an order from the highest, and for his freedom too. No body blamed it, even with his ex partner too. The Hands that indirectly joined the massacre of the rest of the Unit Gun Slave, with Juuzo. Its getting pretty interesting. Especially with another Gun Slave Unit that exist, beside Juuzo, the 13, and Seven. If only that event when Juuzo got rid of the disobeyed GSU that got animated, it would be so good for me. Maybe next time, maybe....

Back to the topic. The effect after that? Yeah, he served as a civil extended, and served in the community as a Resolver. Such a clearance mention by Tetsuro there for the whole situations that happened before. I am really appreciated it. Moreover, I am surely curious about the conversation between Tetsuro and Juuzo. Ofc Juuzo won't get so easily to be persuaded. There must be a reason, a deal of why he decided so nicely to cooperated with Tetsuro. Something big intrigued me with the real story between them.

Obviously, its not getting revealed so soon. Because, yeah, another flashback, about the funding father of Extended Technology, Andy Wachowsky, and his reason why he made that technology, why he wanted to get rid of Beruhren. The basic knowledge had been launched. Should it enough?

The storyline began to reach its main course. Slowly but for sure. The main battle action that always hinted at every opening-ending on this serialization, unit 13 vs unit 7 got mentioned again. Finally the main reason why i am here in the first place, got the screen time already. Yes, its Pepper and Seven, at last, with their usual conversation. They must be met again. Maybe the next one? So, to be short, with everyone intentions became more clear from now, on to the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2020 8:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
ProofByColor said:
Man I was expecting to actually SEE the backstory of the gun slave units and how Juzo killed number 6 or whatever, but instead we just got exposition over a handful of cuts. Definitely not the first time I've noticed this series seriously failing at show, don't tell.

Yes, its obviously my frustation too. Maybe, its just the narration style of author have on it, to keep the series span more chapter to concluded. I dunno.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2020 10:53 AM
Apr 2016
isn t it stupid to test Juzo capabilities while it s controlled by a tetsuro who knows nothing about fighting?
Aug 23, 2020 11:33 AM

Apr 2018
Good ep got to know a lot of backstory of Juzo and Edmund as well. Tetsuro finally take control of Juzo with the power of Harmony.
Aug 23, 2020 11:38 AM

Aug 2019
Really liked this episode 4/5. I can't get over this ed 😂, So good .
Aug 24, 2020 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty sure that's not Tetsuro inside Juzo's body and it's Juzo himself lol. Also woah so that Andy guy is the creator of extend tech.
Aug 25, 2020 7:02 AM
Dec 2015
Things keep getting more interesting as the show goes on
Aug 29, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
No way the kid is in control right now. All a trap by Juzo.
Sep 10, 2020 11:39 PM

Jul 2016
So Andy is the "father" of all Extended, uh? His backstory was indeed interesting but damn, that outcome with his brother losing his legs as well was truly morbid. Loved the job Lawrence's VA did during that sequence at his room, by the way.

Well, was expecting more insight into the whole deal with Five but got more background info about Juuzou's character instead... which wasn't bad in the slightest, I must add. After all, the more characterization he receives, the more complex his character becomes.

As for what happened with Tetsurou at the end, I'm gonna go with the guess that he isn't controlling Juuzou but another Extended who is hiding waiting for the right moment to attack.

Good episode overall. The narrative aspect has really become more intriguing this second cour.
Sep 27, 2020 5:16 AM

Nov 2008
Was this episode directed by Tarantino by chance? So much feet angles.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Oct 24, 2020 3:29 AM

Dec 2010
MrAwesome2018 said:
My guess is that Tetsuro is controlling something besides Juzo. Also for all the praise he gets, Victor actually named Juzo "13", just in his own language, lol.
Nov 20, 2020 8:38 PM

Aug 2017
Probably the best episode after several disappointments. A lot of questions were answered:

-Juzo was tasked with defeating the rebellion
-A bit of Juzo's background
-Andy Wachowsky's backstory.

I believe Juzo is not being controlled by Tetsuro!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 30, 2020 4:43 PM

Apr 2016
I already have an idea of where this episode is going. I swear Tetsuro and Juzo hatched some elaborate plan. Time to find out.
Feb 10, 2021 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
Got the feeling Juuzo isn't controlled at all and that they just are fooling old man Wachowski

Sep 2, 2022 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
Obviously Tetsuro used Harmony on someone else, probably that mechanical hand, and Juzo is still Juzo.
Mar 11, 10:41 PM
Jun 2013
Always nice to get some more info on Juuzou and i'm guessing we will see those two locked up gunslaves down the line. Dam waachowski family sure was shit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 23, 2020

36 by Kayarbee70 »»
Mar 30, 5:55 PM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

50 by souledge94 »»
Mar 25, 5:12 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

40 by souledge94 »»
Mar 24, 3:38 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

32 by souledge94 »»
Mar 23, 4:34 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2020

28 by souledge94 »»
Mar 22, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.