Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2020 5:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the underground ruins is not a pleasant place to be especially given its dark secrets and past.

This is like one of those episodes where you have to expect the unexpected. Good thing Shingo has experience in his adventuring now and his allies on his side.
May 21, 2020 7:43 AM
Sep 2015
Finally an episode that challenge our heroes, but that healing kiss, I disapprove!!!
May 21, 2020 8:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Overall it wasn't bad to be honest, kinda entertaining and the kiss with Elise was good but I just can't bear these CGI... they're way too awful, it's destroying the show, they look like Initial D first season's cars lol
May 21, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2014
The plot made a jump from episode 7 that I almost thought I missed an episode in between. The initial fights were mostly repetitive and I don't know... the kiss power thing looked strange.

Final scene was intriguing, though.

I feel like the production company used a lot of scissors on the original story that made it have a lot of gaps and jumps.
May 21, 2020 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
Nice job there Elisse, that's a top tier blessing skill XD.
May 21, 2020 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
Another time skip to 3 years. *sigh*

Who the F is this Ruckner dude? And why is he egging Kurt to take on the fortune of Well's rumored demise?

As newly registered adventurers, apparently Louise and Iina haven't heard what a dungeon is. What a very long and tiring grind to the end though.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 21, 2020 9:24 AM

Oct 2015
One plus point for the anime to show the struggles instead of OPing all the way to the top (*Cough* SAO *Cough*). It shows however OP Well is he alone can't do shit here.

I have to think, the kiss she shared was because she didn't wanna regret not having one. Side chics getting jealous was cute tho.

I really hope Well X Elise is canon.
May 21, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2015
I like the political skullduggery that keeps popping up in this series.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 21, 2020 10:01 AM
Jan 2017
it was ok, i found the fights repetive and i really dont like how they made it so the 2 warrior girls (i forgot there names) are love interests for the mc it was really out of nowhere and they show none of that type of chemistry and would have been way better sticking as bffs so now anytime that comes up i just lose interest in what's going on. it just feels like there adding a herm for the sake of it, if it was done ell with chemistry between all the charters then good but otherwise no. (i went on a bit of a tangent then sorry it just makes me want to grrrr)
May 21, 2020 10:02 AM

Jan 2009
time skip is in original material. but when they are skipping soo much even this give felling like they skipped something.

maybe not shown enough but this was fight against endless self repairing army so there was next to no time to sleep.

politic sub plot is only hinted, but won't go into spoilers since they still have time in next ep to clear stuff up.
May 21, 2020 10:34 AM

Feb 2019
Elise is officially best girl. It’s crazy how they started off as an arranged marriage and have developed into an adorable ship. She’s been the MVP of the past several episodes whether it was saving the soldiers on the frontline or saving Well and co against the dragon today. The kiss was a nice touch.

I really like everyone’s adult designs, the pacing has been such that it feels like we’ve grown up alongside them.

That ancient society/labyrinth situation reminds me a lot of Arifureta. They must have been more advanced than current society. Wonder what other secrets they’ve got down there.

Another really good episode, looking forward to seeing how Well’s brothers react to finding out that he’s not really dead. Can’t wait for next week.
May 21, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2019
The episode itself was okay, what an interesting way to cast a spell xD
The CGI are awful, probably the worst I've ever seen
May 21, 2020 11:27 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
From the manga perspective this episode adapted 320~350 pages.
This is like the double of the rush that one episode in TG:Re suffered.
Fuck.
May 21, 2020 12:01 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
5 Days of combat now that does take a toll

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 21, 2020 12:23 PM
Jan 2017
The show's weaknesses were in full display in this episode: shoddy animation, rushed character development and a lack of emotional stakes. It's next-to-impossible to buy that the main characters died, mostly because the show just throws that into the forefront and fails to convey the threat the characters were facing. Also, I have a bit of trouble with Elise's kiss with Well. It comes out of nowhere, isn't foreshadowed at all and has no emotional impact.

The less said about the color lighting and the movements in the fight scenes, the better. I understand that anime studios are often given limited budgets to work with and can work themselves to an unhealthy degree to try to work within those confines, but it feels like the show could have benefited from more time and/or a greater budget to help do it justice, otherwise, why tackle an action-heavy series at all?

Previous episodes tried to rectify some of the series' flaws by focusing on character development and world-building, so it's a bit of shame that this episode failed to capitalize on this efforts and brought the series' weaknesses into the forefront. While I can appreciate this show on some theoretical perspective, despite some of the problems I find with it, this episode definitely isn't one of the show's finer moments.
May 21, 2020 12:43 PM

Nov 2018
I like the relationship that Elise and Well have developed. Elise does so much to help out where ever she can and she is best girl in this series. The kiss was a cool thing too because she didn't want to regret not kissing the first man she loved if Well would have died which he obviously didn't.

I like how all the characters look now in their older forms after the time skip. The pacing makes it to where we basically saw them grow up a lot. I haven't read the original material but some of the previous episodes seem like some stuff was skipped over but this episode seemed better.

I enjoyed them fighting against the self-repairing dudes because it was a good opportunity to show what they are capable of. Not close to my favorite this season but I think this show is pretty decent right now and I always watch series all the way through.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 21, 2020 2:58 PM

Dec 2016
Marinate1016 said:
That ancient society/labyrinth situation reminds me a lot of Arifureta. They must have been more advanced than current society. Wonder what other secrets they’ve got down there.

I hope it will be last girl from OP.

Ok. I just now realize how it would be similar to Arifureta xD

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 21, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2017
Presumed dead outside? Are you kidding me? For real...

Safe to say that Wendelin in royalty isn't a clear cut resolution though...oppositions in the faction to curry favour for the eldest Baumeister brothers instead (which is quite the norm).

Shingo's REAL adventures with Erwin, Iina and Louise as a party are just getting started...plus Elise. And the typical booby-trapped dungeon hunting doesn't make things any easier. Well, at least their training held them for this moment.

And a dragon dungeon boss...that means: welcome back ugly CGI. Even for the capable Wendelin, it's a challenge to test his OP magic (since his master Alfred's passing)...and Elise's kiss (which completely caught me by surprise, wasn't expecting that). Just great and splendid.

The reward for the dungeon...it's drawing a line between fantasy and realism. Airships...really, are you kidding me...

The most atypical episode, but one I'd really wonder about the content of the series and where it decides to take us.
KANLen09May 21, 2020 5:08 PM
May 21, 2020 4:22 PM

Jun 2019
Fine just fine nothing more nothing less
May 21, 2020 4:33 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
There was at least one good thing from this episode 😁

“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 21, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2015
Elise is best girl. I find the little tugging she does from behind very cute for some reason.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2020 6:15 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this series is just so..........underwhelming? Honestly, it doesn't take much to excite and captivate me, so you know it's pretty damn average when it's struggling to do so...
May 21, 2020 7:48 PM
Sep 2014
This anime is an absolute disaster.

I'm done.

Reason I'm even on MAL right now is to shit on this anime in the hopes that other people don't waste their time on it.
May 21, 2020 8:25 PM

Nov 2017
Actually, episode is good but compared to previous episodes mc is so powerless.
But kiss scene is really awesome. And i want to see mc evolution to badass character.
May 21, 2020 10:54 PM

Nov 2011
I thought it was actually a pretty good episode. This anime is Bonkers. Idk if those were racecars or ships at the end but there they are lol.

Elise is now marrying age.

Though I still think i like Ena more.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 22, 2020 2:44 AM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
i don't know what's going on anymore really. they skipped like 3 years of time, no clue what they did all that time tbh. cgi is just a sore to the eyes imo, and i just feel the story is so basic and bland i have no clue what is even of real value here anymore
May 22, 2020 6:08 AM

Sep 2015
what a stupid reason to no be able to use the TP, also a vague one
May 22, 2020 7:11 AM

Aug 2018
When they discovered the airships, I first thought "so they discovered Star Wars-like ships".

Questionable pacing as usual, after the previous episodes skipped some parts (first party battle, brawl tournament), this one skipped 3 years. Dunno I expected to see their trainings or at least a tiny glimpse.

May 22, 2020 7:43 AM

Oct 2008
nice! the power of KISS! chu!!
4/5.

May 22, 2020 8:43 AM

May 2018
So, Well and hiis gang finally became Adventures and theri first mission was to go to some cave where they have to battle it out to get to the top floor for 5 days. meanwhile his older bother received fake news that Well is dead.
May 22, 2020 5:55 PM
Jan 2020
For cryin' out loud Welly...your future wife is down on the floor after being teleported. You could at least give her a hand.
MadVandalMay 22, 2020 6:10 PM
May 23, 2020 8:29 AM
Apr 2016
We can clearly see the Star Wars inspiration at the end. It's like a different take of it.
May 23, 2020 2:33 PM
Apr 2012
This anime is progressively getting worse, at least there was some more fighting this time unlike with the tournament. even the 2D animation is getting worse each time. I guess they blew out all the money in the first 3 episodes. I think my biggest gripe is with how the spells work, there was a bit of explanation in the beginning but now it's just super sayan mode, just simply holding out a hand and pushing magic out. and how nature/life magic should be any effective against a golem? who knows ... I can't thing of any reason how this should work in any way.
there is also zero influence of his past life so far. nothing. just his corporate slave comments. I think I should watch Cheat Magican so maybe I'll put Hachi-nan tte even lower than I currently rank it. I'm only continuing watching it for cute Louise, but it's a hard, really hard to continue.

lucio54 said:
Fuck.

really? 350 pages of fighting the same enemies in the same rooms over and over again?
TiavorMay 23, 2020 2:43 PM
May 24, 2020 10:56 AM

Mar 2017
Is it just me or the animation is getting worse and worse?
May 24, 2020 1:59 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Tiavor said:
This anime is progressively getting worse, at least there was some more fighting this time unlike with the tournament. even the 2D animation is getting worse each time. I guess they blew out all the money in the first 3 episodes. I think my biggest gripe is with how the spells work, there was a bit of explanation in the beginning but now it's just super sayan mode, just simply holding out a hand and pushing magic out. and how nature/life magic should be any effective against a golem? who knows ... I can't thing of any reason how this should work in any way.
there is also zero influence of his past life so far. nothing. just his corporate slave comments. I think I should watch Cheat Magican so maybe I'll put Hachi-nan tte even lower than I currently rank it. I'm only continuing watching it for cute Louise, but it's a hard, really hard to continue.

lucio54 said:
Fuck.

really? 350 pages of fighting the same enemies in the same rooms over and over again?

In the manga it has much, much more dialoge, sense, and meaning, this is a really death battle with much importance but in the anime......well....and it adapted two chapters that was without battle cutting everything though.
May 25, 2020 12:17 AM
Dec 2019
oh wow, that cgi. some pixar level stuff right there
May 25, 2020 9:25 PM

Sep 2019
The CGI shat on everything lmfao.
Also I think the kiss scene was a bit over the top.
May 26, 2020 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
That kiss from Elise caught me by surprise.

And we see the return of bad CGI.

May 27, 2020 6:05 AM

Jun 2015
lol that CGI dragon kinda funny
May 27, 2020 9:20 AM
Jan 2020
This anime is pretty good. Still waiting for ep9 :D
May 29, 2020 7:15 PM

Apr 2020
Gigguk: Oh no they're getting attacked by bad CG
Jun 3, 2020 9:31 PM

Jul 2014
The harem part of this show is so pointless. They should have left Well x Elise as the only ship, she's so great. The kiss was pretty nice.

It was also nice to see the party struggling in the dungeon.
SkyLETVJun 3, 2020 9:44 PM
Jun 19, 2020 8:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, another miserable time skipped. Why not, eh? Interesting. They truly become an adventurer. Great. Wow, they looked so gorgeous out there, to be honest. Great character development i've ever seen *in sarcastical tone*

The first quest. Its from the king. Another miserable 'can't deny' type of quest, began the whole kingdom slavery again. Great moment. The dungeon looks crazy shit. Its an extreme hard level of journey. Could they survived some shit like that? Ofc they can!

Ah, every people on the kingdom tho. They kept spreading false rumours. Great. The whole fights was no good at all. But its fun to watch girls kick some ass. And yeah, Elise just become more beautiful than before.

Ah, last boss. Another shitty dragon form with 'unique graphic'. Great. Its a chance. But, they would be fail. Fortunately, the kissed served as last touch, and its come out of nowhere for plot armourring reason. Its to make the MC and his friends live more lifes. And thats it. Atleast i saw some cute moment from her. Damn, she just let herself be done like that. Eventually, its understandable. After all that happened before. I just surprised, the studio had a bold move like that on this mediocre show. Whatever.

Okay. Time to conclude everything. They succeeded out of that shitty dungeon, get some ancient magic ship, and slept with beautiful wife without any hesitations. Great. Its satisfied me a lot. So lets see how they dealt with the spreading rumours. Its okay level of an enjoyment. Nice. So let me continued the day.
badabassJun 19, 2020 8:40 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 20, 2020 2:39 AM

Jan 2015
This episode is suppose to happen when they turn 15, so 3 years have passed since the last episode, during that time they were training hard with Armstrong and El trained with the sword tournament champion.

Kinda disappointed in the adaptation of my favorite chapter tbh (the one that's 28 pages or something? longest chapter i've seen in the novel...), everything pre final fight was alright, it did an ok job at explaining why they were sent in that dungeon, they needed to search the dangerous abandoned ruins that took lives of every other adventurer that tried his luck and failed. You can kinda tell why though... that's why it's my favorite chapter, because it really tested Well to the fullest, finally he actually shows some struggle and regardless of how OP he is, he still can die.

Btw those ruins were actually really dangerous, mostly because of this teleportation trap that can lure anyone even them, despite them having a very experienced magician as an instructor. Then the ENDLESS swarming of enemies, they never stop, anime really didn't portray it that well, which i didn't like, but they spent around a week there, they used a spell on each other to take less fatigue, but they still would get tired eventually, so they took turns to sleep, how crazy is that? imagine sleeping on the battlefield, but they did, because they were THAT tired...

Also anime didn't really portray what Wend was thinking, how easily he could've died, if he relaxed even for a moment, how he was thinking of his master who died in the similar position, being swarmed by a bunch of enemies, and despite being much stronger than his opponent, you can't do much when you are overrun by a bunch of enemies that never get tired.

But damn the creator of those ruins sure was crazy... crazy in the head, who would in their right mind create an endless swarm of inanimate golems and then create a final boss in form of an inanimate monster that you can't even scratch with physical or magical attacks, Oh... that reminds me... anime really didn't show that that last boss was immune right? Wend only managed to defeat him because he used ancient Void magic that he managed to use, until then his only option was to defend and protect his allies while they try to defend against swarming enemies that try to ambush them from the back...

Wend's mana was slowly depleting (which is insane considering he has higher mana pool than both of his masters... combined), first Brantarg shared all of his mana before collapsing, but that wasn't enough, then it was all in the hands of Elise who was seeing how they were about to lose with Wend slowly losing his consciousness, she realized that she doesn't want to die, and with her inner monologue saying how she wants to live, she wants to become Wend's wife and she kissed him, giving him all of her mana, giving him enough to fill him up to 50% which was more than enough to defeat the immune enemy with his void magic...

See how cool that was? especially Elise's resolve and her proclamation that she wants to live long enough to become Wend's wife and shares a passionate kiss with him sending him all the mana he needed (not without help of the mana wedding ring that Wend gave her...)
That and the fact that we missed a ton of details, not giving viewers an adequate representation of how fucking dangerous the situation was...

Well, this episode really nailed it to me, that anime staff really didn't understand the novel all that well, didn't read it properly or juts didn't care, i really don't like the anime...
Jul 2, 2020 12:51 PM
Feb 2018
I think this anime would have benefited from a higher episode count 24 instead of 12 so they would not have had to use two time skips
Jul 15, 2020 8:04 AM
Jul 2020
Nekem nagyon tetszet
Jul 24, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
A CGI ARMY AND ON TOP OF THAT A CGI DRAGON GOLEM!!! man the person who built all of that is one cruel bastard.

Really expected good girl Elise to take proper steps before even holding hands...but here she is kissing Well... smh the youth of today

Mar 20, 2021 3:34 AM
Jan 2018
best parts

showed more or less that everyone including Well struggled

Elise kiss

worst parts

everything else
May 1, 2021 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
Leo said:
That kiss from Elise caught me by surprise.

And we see the return of bad CGI.

this series has a surprise to but bit different :D
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36407/Kenja_no_Mago?q=wise%20man&cat=anime
May 26, 2023 7:13 AM

Dec 2022
See.. he just loves Elise and vice versa.. the two girls are just there in name.. they're his concubine but not really. He doesn't like them that way..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

100 by kurooganeko »»
Oct 19, 6:01 PM

» I take it this will be a heavy "go check manga/LN", it's been jarring to watch.

TheJuiceBox - May 28, 2020

8 by SakurakoMikage »»
Jul 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

76 by TicuuGoBoom »»
Jul 9, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.