Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Roomie Is a Dino
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time for more weirdness glory! xD

OP karaoke glory for New Years, because there's never a good time to go other than during festivities, for Kaede.
For Dino though, whenever there's food, there's enjoyment, and landing the joyous moment.

And going to the shrine to offer greetings, and for Dino, what a tease from Yamada to Dino to "turn into stone" and see "bad luck" as good.
Love that segment as Dino was rudely disturbed as the teasing goes.
Oh welcome, tutorials to shrine cleansing (by an ACTUAL priest)...strange but entertaining! Whew, the watercolour imagination though.

Live-action Kyouryuu Camp time! And shooting stars...all for a time of social distancing? Hehe xD
KANLen09May 2, 2020 12:33 PM
May 2, 2020 11:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Happy new year !!!!!!! it's yuru camp now
May 2, 2020 11:31 AM

Jun 2010
This chapter made my life get meaning
May 2, 2020 11:42 AM
Feb 2017
Kyouryuu camp! sumimasen!
May 2, 2020 12:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
thank you easing on the cringe after the torture that was endured last live action segment XD
May 2, 2020 3:08 PM

Apr 2019
The show got into calmer waters, both the shrine and camping segments were almost regular story telling. I love how unpredictable this is. Never feel safe, next week they always can come up with some bizarre WFT moment again.

May 2, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2019
Camping like this looks awesome
Good episode
May 2, 2020 5:12 PM
Aug 2016
I wonder where is that beautiful campsite. Must be somewhere in the mountainous Northwestern part of Honshu.

The wagyuu beef Dino was grilling maybe a callback to Pop Team Epic, the Pop Team Cooking with Okuyasu.
May 2, 2020 10:02 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Third episode with no sign of Mieharu-san, i’m gettin kinda worried! 😕
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Jan 2008
I think that the live action part content was changed from the original plan because of the coronavirus.
May 3, 2020 1:18 AM

Feb 2018
IDK why I am still watching this, but nice episode.
~10631498
May 3, 2020 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
In the animated part when Kaede and her friend are walking in the shopping district, I noticed a few people with masks in the background, but not a lot like in the live-action part of episode 3. So the animated part here was probably "business-as-usual" Japan. I laughed when Dino jumped off the balcony and came in so mad but the door was unlocked the whole time.

I found this episode a little bit weak, but at least the dancing beer-gut man didn't come back. I got scared when I saw Dino put on his hat. In the camping part, I wonder what that flashback of Kaede saying "I wonder if Dino wandered off someone" meant? Was she camping somewhere else? Was Dinosaur hitch-hiking to go camping? It was funny to see the guy in the suit trying not to get it dirty.

I liked the camping, but I kept wondering where Kaede was and if Shouta Aoi, Old Man, Evil Landlady, and Beer-gut Man would return. Then Dino burned the magic time-travel Schedule book right before the end. What will happen next week?

It's weird how I'm more invested in the live-action parts than the animated ones.
May 3, 2020 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Not only Dino managed to perfectly do the fountain ritual he almost reached enlightenment first try at the temple, with and tough love from Yamada, that tease at the end.
May 3, 2020 5:27 PM

Jul 2019
I honestly like this episode, it was wholesome for a strange series lol.
May 4, 2020 11:36 AM

Dec 2016
matteas said:
I think that the live action part content was changed from the original plan because of the coronavirus.

I don't think so. Like you can clearly see snow in live action part so they needed to make this at least in january or february.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 4, 2020 11:57 AM
Feb 2017
ANIME HALF:
This episode taught me a lot about Japanese new year traditions. I think I know what to do when I go to Japan.
Also, mislead Dino into thinking he'll turn into stone if he fucks up the respects and make him think bad luck is the best thing ever? Oh Yamada, you tease.

LIVE ACTION HALF:
Ah, nothing like a camping trip to calm me down from all the randomness going on, except I went fucking shook when he threw the Schedule from the first 2 eps into the campfire.
May 4, 2020 1:15 PM

May 2013
I liked this episode for sure.

The camping segment was nice, I really liked it. Also he burned the schedule, where will this plot go?

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 5, 2020 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
if i'm being honest this week did not have enough mieharu-san
May 5, 2020 11:49 AM

Jan 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:
matteas said:

I don't think so. Like you can clearly see snow in live action part so they needed to make this at least in january or february.

There was off-season snow two times in Tokyo and its surroundings this year. Specifically, it was on March 22, and in mid-April. You can also see a cherry blossom in episode 5, which would suggest they shot it a day or a few after March 22.
May 5, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
matteas said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

There was off-season snow two times in Tokyo and its surroundings this year. Specifically, it was on March 22, and in mid-April. You can also see a cherry blossom in episode 5, which would suggest they shot it a day or a few after March 22.

Oh, ok. thanks. but still lockdown started in april in Japan so maybe they will fit one more normal episode before Gal and Dino live action parts will be affected.

also I wonder how LA parts will look like? because technically they shouldn't be able to shoot new scenes.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 5, 2020 1:23 PM

Jan 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:
matteas said:

Oh, ok. thanks. but still lockdown started in april in Japan so maybe they will fit one more normal episode before Gal and Dino live action parts will be affected.

also I wonder how LA parts will look like? because technically they shouldn't be able to shoot new scenes.

Yeah, technically they could, but some more responsible companies and institutions began introducing some preventative measures as soon as in February. By March, a lot of companies where they can work remotely told their employees to work completely from home or at least reduce the number of times they work in the office.
That's why it made me think that they might have decided to change their plans and shoot it with the lowest number of people possible and on a remote place, unlike some of the previous episodes which they shot at popular places in Tokyo.

It's the team that made Pop Team Epic, so I wouldn't put past them some crazy ideas like an episode recorded remotely by Zoom or something. There's also the possibility that the production will halt and the rest will get delayed. They have to make the anime parts as well and if the schedule for that is similar to the live action parts, I wouldn't expect them to be able to produce more than another two or three episodes at most.
May 9, 2020 3:51 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
How fitting that the OP of this discussion thread has a Yuru Camp avatar, because that's the vibe I was getting in the camping part.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 10, 2020 3:32 AM

Mar 2009
matteas said:

Makes sense. Aoi Shouta, Mieharu-san and the landlady have completely disappeared. Unless the show's just being weird and quirky.
Nov 24, 2020 4:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That karaoke part was nice. New year eve already reached its day, for Gyaru and Kyouryuu, its their first time experience! Kyouryuu jumped to celebrate the new year countdown was indeed a blessing. Kyouryuu and the shrine scenes. Its looks those Dino really learnt well to avoided a god punishment. Hah, Kaede friend really love lying to Kyouryuu! Stargazing moment for them. Its a fallen star, Kaede, look! Unfortunately, those stars were a junk. They pranked my Kyouryuu! Kyouryuu camp? Why not? Its my enjoyment! And its looks like Kyouryuu having fun with his lone vacation without his beloved Gyaru. Until Kyouryuu realized at stargazing moment that Kyouryuu missed Kaede much!

Burn that hell book back to hell, Kyouryuu! Poor Shouta xd...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 2021 10:58 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see city folk like Dino going camping. Letting the inner beast out while returning to mother nature!..even though he is a domesticated dinosaur.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 28, 2020

11 by Quaggy »»
Aug 21, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Apr 4, 2020

110 by ProdigyKing »»
Mar 17, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 19, 2020

31 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 25, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 7 Discussion

Ashhk - May 16, 2020

29 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 3, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 4 Discussion

Ashhk - Apr 25, 2020

36 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 3, 2023 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.