Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2019 8:23 PM
Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The match between Hugo and AJ ends and boy, oh boy, it was incredible. After being portrayed as an arrogant and pompous jerk, Hugo gets his own humanizing moment in this episode, to the point where even Levius, the man he previously insulted and disrespected, goes on to save his life. The mystery surrounding AJ and her connection to Levius has become one of the most intriguing aspects of this show.
Nov 30, 2019 8:18 AM

Oct 2015
Hugo really got owned on that match, the bastard was wiped out of his arrogance :-D

If it wasn't for Levius he would've been worm food, he should be really grateful. But I liked his repentance, probably he'd be a healthy rival for Levius in the future.

can't wait for him to meet Aj as promised.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 4, 2019 8:08 PM

Jan 2016
Oof poor hugo

is he paralyzed now??
Or just temporarily injured :x
Dec 31, 2019 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
So far very nice. I had expected the masked guy to be the fighter - since he was missing and always watching Levius. Was to be expected that the fighter fully covered by armor wanted to destroy Huga and thake his place - to fight Levius.

But then they introduced that girl. So ... masked guy maybe is the company boss of that company that kidnapped children. Sending the girl to fight Levius.

Hugo was a nice guy. Similar to the previous fighter (Malcolm) - liked that talk at the end and how Levius safed him. The girl is sexy. I like those fighter girls.
Feb 4, 2020 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
Hugo got beaten, he was no match as much as he resisted

So Amethyst kidnapped her, I really thought the robot killed her or something seeing the flashback

Jan 2, 2021 11:58 PM

Sep 2007
Damn, I hate characters that boast like Hugo, but turns out he's actually a clean fighter and all around genuine guy. Sucks.
May 15, 2021 8:37 PM

Mar 2010
Man I hate A.J. Its obvious something weird is up with her equipment. Poor Hugo, hope he somehow comes back.
Jul 31, 2021 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
A supposed prick who turns out to be a hard working dreamer became the underdog. How couldn't I root for this guy? And damn, I really felt bad for Hugo when he couldn't hold in the emotions anymore.

Really nice how this show subverted expectations regarding him. It also managed to build up the big threat and tie in Levius past at that. Storytelling in 12 episode shows should always be this effecient.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2022 6:29 AM

Mar 2021
I didn’t care for Hugo’s back story but that fight was great. Another nice twist with Levius vs The girl that needed saving. Also after trying to kill someone and ignoring the ref AJ doesn’t get penalised or banned from fighting but rewarded with a promotion match? Very much doubt the bout is off but we will see.
Dec 12, 2023 12:31 PM

Dec 2022
AJ was the kidnapped girl. Didn't expect her character to be relevant again, but it doesn't seem like she was entirely willing in being made into a fighting machine. Was going to question why Amethyst would kidnap children just to use them for boxing matches, but I suppose all that armour means they win at a reliable enough rate to make it lucrative for the corporation.

And it looks like Hugo will be out of commission for a while. While he was a bit of a douche prior to the match, he wasn't constantly fouling like Eden was, which I can respect. He was just passionate about following in the footsteps of his idol.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Levius Episode 12 Discussion

HeroVladimir93 - Nov 29, 2019

24 by dyegreenluke »»
Sep 26, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Levius Episode 5 Discussion

HeroVladimir93 - Nov 28, 2019

11 by Thrillerx »»
Aug 18, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Levius Episode 10 Discussion

HeroVladimir93 - Nov 29, 2019

9 by Karva1 »»
May 16, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Levius Episode 4 Discussion

9 by Karva1 »»
May 15, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Levius Episode 3 Discussion

11 by Karva1 »»
May 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.