Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2018 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this episode gave more screen time between Tsutsui and Itou. It showed how they met before and past relationship.

I find Tsutsui and Itou to be strange at times but they do get along really well as friends. It seems Tsutsui was getting picked on in the past too. I still can't get used to his ears. It seems Itou is one of the very few people that Tsutsui can trust in his life.
May 8, 2018 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Itou got more screen time in this episode and got to see how he met Tsutsui. They're quite good friends and get along well. Tsutsui made things more awkward with Igarashi smh.
May 8, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
I'm forcing myself to not read the manga, as I can't wait a week for the episodes anymore. Hope I will survive.
May 8, 2018 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Well Tsutsui was put through the wringer with both of his primary relationships this week. But he made it out alright, until the unexpected consequences of his new friendship with Ayano at the end anyway, but more on that in a sec. The flashback with Ito was nice, though it reinforced my notion from last week that the vast majority of people in this series are scumbags. This week it was the bullies. Meanwhile, Igarashi was upset Tsutsui didn't trust her. I guess that makes sense, but she didn't seem bothered by it when he jumped to the wrong conclusion with her doctor, unless I'm remembering that wrong. Maybe enough time passed since then in-universe for his insecurity to now upset her, but from an outsider perspective that was only like 2 or 3 episodes ago so it feels a bit contradictory. To me anyway, but whatever. Not sure what to make of their physical contact scene but I didn't think she was upset by it or anything, but who knows? Are we heading now down the path of Igarashi being the jealous/insecure one after seeing Tsutsui with Ayado? Who knew potatoes could cause so much drama?
May 8, 2018 1:54 PM

Nov 2016
What a generic backround story....is what I would like to say,but it was pretty nice.

However,damn Tsutsun,just when you had the chance to score you lost the ball. To make matters worse,the opponent team is now in possession of it.

This show is basic af,still like it very much.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2018 2:35 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sumie is quite the talented gardener huh. Learning to give space to your friends is always a good thing. Its nice that Hikari realises that as a result of his new bonds that going back to how he was before is no longer viable. In a way i guess the reason why Ito and Hikari become fast friends is because they are similar in personality. An interesting episode that expanded upon Hikari and Iroha's fight while also showing his attempts to overcome this challenge. The insight into how he met Ito was interesting. But while one problem is solved a larger one seems to have been created thanks to Hikari's interaction with Sumie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 4:25 PM

Jun 2017
I remember earlier I made the observation that this was like a straight shojo romance with the male/female roles reversed, and it's so funny watching this show with that in mind. It's just so unusual that the male is the one having the internal monologue instead of the female.

Also, although the animation in this is bad, I don't actually mind when the alternative is shitty CG. This episode in particular had a lot of weird directing choices and the worst animation of the series so far, but I still say it's better than having a good looking show with jank ass CG.
May 8, 2018 6:55 PM

Sep 2015
The animation this episode was really bad, almost stick animations sometimes. Im starting to like Iroha a little more cause she starting to develop, but in compensation im starting to despise Ito, he is so lame and weak, even more than in the past as we see now. Why the hell he started to using that cat ears when he broke with his old "friends", is that suppose to be a affront to them and society or something like that?

Now is Iroha time to get jealous because of some potatoes. Those uncecessary and repetitive dramas is probably what get people away or into and define the shoujo genre. Classic.
May 8, 2018 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
even Ito cannot take TsuTsun's awkward mouth sometimes

and Oh no...come on dude...
May 8, 2018 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
It's becoming less and less...good each week.
May 8, 2018 8:35 PM
Apr 2018
Saving this from ep 1 till now...
Time to marathon it =3=.

I think the Ayado arc might be rushed a little...

(or they can just... cut some chapter in the end that would be scary for animeonly ---)
May 8, 2018 9:28 PM
May 2018
Wow. Both the animation and voice acting quality were really off this episode. Also, I really don't mind a light episode but this one was basically pointless, doing nothing to move the story forward.
May 8, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously, it's just getting worse for Tsutsun to handle this "read the atmosphere" and "insensitive" thingy. He really need someone to give him some advice. At least he's got some from Ito and clear "previous" problem with Iroha. But now, new problem occured.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 8, 2018 9:54 PM

Jul 2017
Animation sucked this time.

The episode was ehh fine. It's getting more and more generic as the episodes pass.
May 8, 2018 10:45 PM
Mar 2018
Any info about season 2?
May 8, 2018 11:16 PM

Sep 2016
Pulling out the worst cliches possible in romance this is turning out to be shittier and shittier

For my scores it went from 7 in the first episode to 6 in the third and now 5 in the sixth episode.

Won't be surprised if it goes lower.

"Oh my cat friend talked to cats and I'm jealous" "Oh he pushed me down" "Oh he got the potatoes from a kouhai so I'm depressed"

I'm surprised I still haven't dropped this show yet

Hilarious because I thought Spring would be the best time to get back to Romance seasonals after a 3 season hiatus from the genre.
May 8, 2018 11:20 PM

Jan 2018
God damn I'm so pissed when some guy threw Tsustui's earphones through the window. If I were in his place, I'm gonna slit that guy's throat. Lol.
May 9, 2018 3:44 AM

Feb 2018
The cringe is strong with this one.
Also the mc is like:don't mind me I am just gonna sniff on ur bed real quick.
May 9, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
Backstory time yay! And he made up with both his girl and his friend with the power of Potatoes and... were gonna have more trouble now... because of the power of Potatoes.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 9, 2018 5:21 AM

May 2010
I don't usually care about bad animation but... this episode hurt.
May 9, 2018 6:28 AM
May 2011
Nice bed...

The animation is getting worse with each episode.
May 9, 2018 7:28 AM
Sep 2016
I don't see how this anime plans to end. 6 more episodes is definitely not enough to cover the rest of the manga so looks like we're gonna end on an 'interesting' note
May 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
This is getting old, we are only jumping from drama to another drama over and over again, this is an endless loop:

Tsutsui starts feeling worthless and miserable --> Iroha tells him he's not --> Tsutsui tells her to find someone else --> Iroha's mad, she goes away --> Tsutsui enters on existencial crisis --> Tsutsui overthink things and gets determination and apologizes --> Iroha forgives him --> Tsutsui finds a way to fuck up again --> Repeat
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 9, 2018 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
SNDT said:
Any info about season 2?

If things keep going this way, the chances of it happening is less than 0%
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 9, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2017
HereticHunter said:
This is getting old, we are only jumping from drama to another drama over and over again, this is an endless loop:

Tsutsui starts feeling worthless and miserable --> Iroha tells him he's not --> Tsutsui tells her to find someone else --> Iroha's mad, she goes away --> Tsutsui enters on existencial crisis --> Tsutsui overthink things and gets determination and --> Iroha forgives him --> Tsutsui finds a way to fuck up again --> Repeat

Lol exactly, what a waste of time. I prefer to watch random episode of any battle shounen or rewatch my completed series rather than suffer to pretend liking this.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 9, 2018 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Tsutsui and Itou past..well kinda.. I like the episode..kinda build tsutsun character
May 9, 2018 12:30 PM

Sep 2008
The animation budget for this episode is at an all time low.

The Ito backstory was nice.
May 9, 2018 1:50 PM

Apr 2015
so I was right, "how many times do I have to tell you that I love you?".

it was completely understandable that he'd run away after pushing her. but then again without some "action" what's the point of having a date anyway?

well, dropping this anyway. everything is SOOOOO basic.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 9, 2018 2:02 PM
Jan 2017
The series reaches the halfway mark with an episode that forces Tsutsui to re-explore the beginning of his friendship with Ito so he can gain confidence in his everyday life. Also, his friendship with Ayado is growing but it is also bound to cause some friction in his relationship with Iroha. So far, the series has been good in averting overly dramatic scenarios and taking the mature and realistic way in portraying its story and characters.
May 9, 2018 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Another episode where Tsutsui tells Igarashi to stay away from him LOL. WHY DOES EVERYONE in this anime overreact?!?!?!

Trainwreck
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 9, 2018 10:55 PM

Jan 2018
Backstory is good animation quality is very bad
As for iroha and Tsutsui it's getting old they just got back together last night
May 9, 2018 11:05 PM

Jan 2018
Finally a little flashback about friendship history between tsuttsun and itou.

And wow what's that ? Looks like our main ship is facing an iceberg. Set up your life jacket everyone ! What will happen to our main ship next week ?
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
May 9, 2018 11:43 PM
Mar 2018
TsuzukuHunter said:

And wow what's that ? Looks like our main ship is facing an iceberg. Set up your life jacket everyone ! What will happen to our main ship next week ?
nothing really xD
May 9, 2018 11:50 PM

Jan 2018
SNDT said:
TsuzukuHunter said:

nothing really xD

I just want to make it more intense XD
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
May 9, 2018 11:52 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't really care for the backstory and man, the animation was distracting at times.. o.e
May 10, 2018 4:08 AM

Oct 2008
boring episode
first part was Yaoi session with Itou & Tsutsui
next 2nd part was, teen desires cannot be controled and you really should be afraid of yourself, Tsutsui almost devoured Igarashi there!
And then Igarashi would found about the potatoes which she'll be jealous of Ayado being close to Tsutsui.
3/5.

May 10, 2018 6:53 AM
Mar 2016
now it's Tsutsun who is cheating Iroha.
May 10, 2018 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
This is ridiculous.

"How many times do I have to tell you I love you?"
> Proceeds to continually not understand how Tsutsui works and keeps trying to cause drama.

At first I liked Iroha since she seemed to see the good in people and appeared to not be shallow, but every episode just shows that she really is shallow. She is constantly implying that she shouldn't have to explain herself to him, and she wants Tsutsui to talk to her more but she refuses to communicate back. Most importantly, she thinks she knows everything about him and refuses to find common ground.

This romance is bullcrap, and we never hear a good reason why Iroha likes Tsutsui. I wish I had some real life Iroha brand Plot Sticky Glue. Imagine the practical applications.
May 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
An episode dedicated to Itou? Get that weak shit outta here.
May 10, 2018 7:26 PM
Apr 2018
When I'm finally thinking both Tsutsui and Igarashi are getting more cummunicative about their feelings, he run from her and she starts to get jealousy. But I think it's kinda acceptable, like... they wouldn't change that fast.
The background story about Itou and Tsutsui was cliche, but somehow great.
May 10, 2018 8:28 PM

Mar 2009
When are they going to bang?

God. Tsutsui's such an idiot. Even Itou's tired of his shit.
May 11, 2018 4:51 AM
Jun 2017
I like how they have shown how Itou and Tsutsui started as friends... well i have encountered someone like Itou and i hated that idea of how he could be friends with other people. I like what Tsutsui have said to him in regards of returning some kindness... in real life i even believe its not matter how many friends you have, its all about having a REAL TRUE FRIEND that will be there for you at all times... (its all about quality over quantity)

And speaking of igarashi, well as a guy i feel tsutsui since girls sometimes are un reasonable, i mean you dont know why are they angry at you for no reason at all... well that alone moment of Igarashi and tsutsui is funny!!! Hahaha...

And here comes Ayano, whom he have met while he has a problem with igarashi. That POTATO sure looks gonna be the start of something... hahaha...

Im so excited for next episode...
May 11, 2018 5:18 AM

Feb 2017
I really love this anime but I can't stand how ugly the animation is getting.
Anyway, a good episode about Tsutsun and Itou's friendship. Tsutsui is really dense, isn't he? And he doesn't learn from his own mistakes. He made Iroha angry because he seemed to not trust her and now he's really close with Ayado which apparently makes Iroha extremely sad. Hikari knows nothing about girls. Real girls, I mean.
May 12, 2018 6:00 AM
Mar 2012
Did the art come from interns of an outsource studio?
Nice backstory so Tsutsun first relation was with Ito, then lost to cat (not really).
More misunderstandings with Iroha the usual tropes but everything's kinda funny with nice dialogue.
May 12, 2018 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
Iroha is jealous...
May 13, 2018 2:22 AM
Jan 2013
evoniee said:
HereticHunter said:

Tsutsui starts feeling worthless and miserable --> Iroha tells him he's not --> Tsutsui tells her to find someone else --> Iroha's mad, she goes away --> Tsutsui enters on existencial crisis --> Tsutsui overthink things and gets determination and --> Iroha forgives him --> Tsutsui finds a way to fuck up again --> Repeat

Lol exactly, what a waste of time. I prefer to watch random episode of any battle shounen or rewatch my completed series rather than suffer to pretend liking this.

You can apply that reasoning to any anime,and battle shonen almost do not even progress at all.

We meet new people,and its not stagnant, there is a point to tsutsui character development.

Compared to other shoujo this is a literal godsend.

Why does this anime have such dishonest haters?

May 13, 2018 8:51 PM

Apr 2015
Eles acabaram de sair de uma briga e vão entrar em outra? Sério, eu só queria assistir um episódio em que os dois fiquem sem discutir.

Essa menina consegue não sentir ciúme de alguém perto dele?

Será que dava para confiar mais no seu namorado?
Aug 8, 2018 7:30 PM

May 2012
Hmm, that ending was quite interesting to be honest as well as that backstory! Nice character buildup, let's see what's next.
Dec 4, 2018 10:14 PM

Aug 2017
Oh no, a generic misunderstanding.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 19, 2019 3:08 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Tsutsun is becoming a trope annoyance: The Drama Queen

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

20 by Gloomiangel »»
Jul 13, 11:06 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2018

51 by Gloomiangel »»
Jul 12, 11:04 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

15 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 8, 5:50 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

33 by amirsayeed »»
Jun 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

247 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 29, 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.