Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think this episode was interesting. It's interesting for focusing on Masami Kugimiya, one of the talented dancers and rival of Tatara.

From his past, his career wasn't so bright until he got back up from his failures and followed his dreams.

On the other hand, Chinatsu seemed really fired up to dance with Tatara. She feels more confident each time I see her from these latest episodes. This episode had a strong attitude especially for Chinatsu and Tatara's dancing.
Dec 2, 2017 11:32 AM

Apr 2016
Little bit of back story for that black haired "dead-like" guy.

Also i know that this is sports shounen but the talking is little bit too much already.

Two episodes left, let's see how this will end.
Dec 2, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
Tatara put another mean of I am your ideal partner.
Into the Internet!
Dec 2, 2017 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

We get Kugimiya's backstory, looks like he shied away from competition in the past but came back stronger after his accident. For that, he definitely deserves respect.

Chinatsu and Tatara are finally finding their chemistry. Tatara is evolving to match Chinatsu's style of dance and the result is pretty amazing to watch.
Hyoudou's commentary is always awesome. xD
Dec 2, 2017 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see some backstory for Kugimiya. He is dancing, but doesn't like it at all. After his accident, he is determined to make his dance beautiful. Chinatsu and Tatara are finally getting used to each other's dance. By adjusting to his partner, he even changes his own self. They have adjusted to each other. Hyoudou's commentary is great as always.
Dec 2, 2017 12:24 PM
Dec 2017
Definitely didn't give a crap about Kugamiya's storyline so I completely skipped over it. The man is a walking a-hole so I don't know why the author even bothered.
Dec 2, 2017 12:48 PM

Nov 2016
Kugimiyas backstory definitely impressed me and I wasn't expecting it to be this intense and moving. See this character in a different light now and I'm glad to know the reason why other people are blurred out in black by him,pretty simple if one know it.

Tatara and Chinatsu get better and better in their interaction and this episode had some pretty well animated scenes,was definitely a blast to watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2016
isnt this the current manga chapter? kugimiya backstory is way better than all the generic dance move that don't even get animated.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 2, 2017 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
I need less talking and more dancing
Dec 2, 2017 12:58 PM

Oct 2011
Well 1 good dance does not compensate for 3 bad ones, so if things go realisticly they should still lose based on total points

Dec 2, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
Tatara has tamed the wild beast. Time to win it all.

Looking like Sengoku will also make his return for the finale, I hope.
Dec 2, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2014
Bunch of talking and nothing else. Even the backstory of Kugimiya was more entertaining.
Dec 2, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2016
good episode as always
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 2, 2017 2:25 PM
Mar 2015
Kugimeya and I were both rooting for truck-kun to put him out of his misery. Glad that Tatara finally has the power to handle his partner
Dec 2, 2017 2:53 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Kugimiya flashback was interesting. He was just like Tatara when he started.

DAMN that truck out of nowhere.

Tatara & Chinatsu dancing & smiling at the end was great. Their dancing is continuously improving.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 2, 2017 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
Nice to see Tatara and Chinatsu finally improving. Better late than never I suppose.

We also got some backstory about Kugimiya, and now we understand why his surroundings are always blurred out when we see the dancing from his point of view.

Looks like Sengoku will make his return next episode, we haven't seen him in quite some time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 2, 2017 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
Wait what there's only 2 more episodes? Anyway, what the dude was saying kind of makes sense, but I know some of it just bs lol. It's anime, though. :P

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 2, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2015
good episode as always. hope the series has a decent ending
Dec 2, 2017 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
Lord_Lamington said:
good episode as always.

+1

imo this series was so good so far and i hope for 2nd season, but i read mangaka is ill so...idk :[

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Dec 2, 2017 6:14 PM
Jan 2014
Anyone know the name of the instrumental song that Chi Chan mentions that she likes when she and Tatara start the quickstep dance?
Dec 2, 2017 6:25 PM

Apr 2015
Merue said:
Lord_Lamington said:
good episode as always.

+1

imo this series was so good so far and i hope for 2nd season, but i read mangaka is ill so...idk :[

The ending of the anime is going to be not exactly the same like in the manga, because mangaka has health problems and can't write chapters regularly. But it will be with the consultation with mangaka. This way I hope for 2nd season also, because when they won't wait for manga chapters, they can do 2nd season a lot faster.
Dec 2, 2017 7:16 PM

Nov 2014
Truck-kun claims another victim, I'm surprised he didn't wake up in a different world. The first half of this episode seemed a little superfluous but I suppose it will be leading to a payoff in the next two episodes. The second half was much better despite all the talking. I wonder if the scorers notice that Tatara is always terrible at the start of his routine but by the end becomes an expert due to learning a valuable lesson in the intervening two minutes.
Forum Signature
Dec 2, 2017 8:21 PM

Mar 2008
Some of Kugimiya's story felt a bit questionably melodramatic, but it definitely came out the stronger part of the episode once we fell back into the familiar lull of Hyodo's narration - this time with little actual happening to justify it.

Hopefully we'll next be seeing the much needed; long awaited final confrontation, and please, some stellar animation for the climax end.
Dec 2, 2017 8:22 PM
Jan 2016
I think Tatara can become a dancer like that because of his personality. He is really humble person and not arrogant. He always try to match his partner and that's why he's so flexible and unique. Chinatsu and Mako style is really different. Chinatsu has a lot of power, but yeah Tatara of course can handle it because of his style of dance, although it takes time of course. I don't think any other dancer can match Chinatsu style because it likes leading a former leader wkwkwk. Great episode, only 2 episodes left, really enjoy the show.
Dec 2, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
Not the most relevant time to throw in that flashback, but at least there was a satisfying continuation from last episode's cliffhanger.
Dec 2, 2017 8:38 PM
Nov 2010
I was so mad when this episode ended. They just barely got it together and then it ended lol. His dancing style- the ultimate chameleon =o That was what I was waiting for this whole time. xD
Dec 2, 2017 11:20 PM
May 2014
Jk9 said:
I think Tatara can become a dancer like that because of his personality. He is really humble person and not arrogant. He always try to match his partner and that's why he's so flexible and unique. Chinatsu and Mako style is really different. Chinatsu has a lot of power, but yeah Tatara of course can handle it because of his style of dance, although it takes time of course. I don't think any other dancer can match Chinatsu style because it likes leading a former leader wkwkwk. Great episode, only 2 episodes left, really enjoy the show.

he is like a super adapter able to fit in ANY socket given enough time!
Dec 3, 2017 1:45 AM

Dec 2015
Only 2 episodes left to go, it honestly feels like Tatara will finally win for once!

I really liked how raw Kugimiya's backstory was. I can imagine this is the reality for a lot of dancers out there and it really revealed a lot about not only the Kugimiya-pair's style but Tatara's as well.

E: the soundtrack also is something else, all the tracks are hype af.
Prim3Dec 3, 2017 2:45 AM
~
Dec 3, 2017 2:35 AM

Dec 2014
I liked the end of episode so much...so happy for tatara
Dec 3, 2017 2:35 AM
Jul 2015
I liked the backstory of masami(^o^)... But every episode passes I feel it's empty may be they shouldn't put the anime in sports class c I don't got the satisfying feels I had in sports anime.
They talk mush -_- If only they put mush attention on moving & dancing :-\
Dec 3, 2017 4:10 AM

Mar 2009
Marisa's curves...god damn.

Honestly, the Kugimiya flashback was a nice change of pace from the constant Tatara and Chinatsu stuff they keep banging us over the head with.
Dec 3, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2015
So Kugimiya became a dancer because he followed a black cat with a crooked tail...

Well looks like we're coming back to dancing. Let's hope it keeps to the dancing this time. Hopefully Sengoku makes a return to save the last few episodes...
Dec 3, 2017 5:12 AM

Feb 2014
Kugimiya's backstory was pretty interesting. Thanks to his curiosity of following a black cat with a crooked tail as a kid, it led him to the dancing school that took him on.

Although he was praised a lot at first, he was eventually overshadowed by the likes of Sengoku and others during multiple competitions. Afterwards, truck-kun came along and nearly killed him. The hospital scene with his teacher breaking down was honestly saddening for both him and Kugimiya. D=

With the thanks of Marisa's guidance, he's back dancing on the dancefloor two years(?) after the accident, so that does deserve a lot of respect for him. =)

As for Tatara and Chinatsu, the two of them have finally found their chemistry, along with Hyodo's long, but very informative explanations from his point of view. Nice dancing animations for Tatara and Chinatsu too. =)

Sengoku is appearing next episode, so I'm happy that he'll be back after not being around for a long time. =D
Dec 3, 2017 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
tfw the dances feel like the chimera ant arc because of the endless narration

AND SO, THE DANCE HAD AN OVERWHELMING AURA... SO OVERWHELMING THAT THE DANCE KING FELT IT FROM 30 MILES AWAY
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 3, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2016
A little backstory of Kugimiya was good. Knowing more about a character makes us understand him/her a little more :)

Tatara is starting to show his potencial as a dancer :D Let's see what this's going :) Also excited to see the final results of the competition ^^
2 more episodes and it's over :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 3, 2017 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
Kugiemiya is the unsung hero who was always placed on battles where the geniuses shone. Though he was good at what he did, but wasn't good enough to believe in his own ideals. But even hell didn't accept him and pushes him to go beyond! Finally a background character is showcased!

And also finally Chinatsu shows us what she's capable of. The Empress is arriving!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 3, 2017 10:48 AM

May 2010
Oh wow, actually I can relate with Kugimiya. Not fully but at some parts. But ye I don't believe in his "that guy is lucky to be talented" Naaah, everyone has it rough, everyone is fighting for something and because of something. If you got time to complain about others talents, then you must have time which you can use for more self-awareness and hard work. Hard work, awareness and experience--that's where most of your effort should be going. What are your qualities, what makes you different, why exactly, what are your negative points, how you gotta overcome them etc.

Anyways, a good episode. I am liking the progression of Tatara/Chinatsu.
TragicRomanceDec 3, 2017 10:52 AM
Dec 3, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2015
s2kpanda said:
The man is a walking a-hole so I don't know why the author even bothered.

because you just skip the reason why

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Dec 3, 2017 1:23 PM
Dec 2017
LeturLefr said:
s2kpanda said:
The man is a walking a-hole so I don't know why the author even bothered.

because you just skip the reason why
I already read the manga so I know his story. I don't like the character because he see's everyone as pubes, which ruins the magic of the manga/anime.
Dec 3, 2017 5:05 PM

Mar 2016
I don't get the whole interaction between chi chan and tatara kun. I don't understand why he has to be the one that changes but I think that's just a part of this type of dancing world. I still don't like chi chan though. I find her too forceful and the fact that it seems like tatara has to give in to her almost every time, doesn't make me like her at all. Only two more episodes, hopefully the next one tells us the results.
Dec 3, 2017 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
OHHHHHH my, Kugimiya as a kid is SOOO ADORABLE. ☆

And his backstory was a nice little addition! I understand his character a bit more.

Now that Tatara and Chi-chan are on the same page, things should get interesting. +_+
Dec 3, 2017 11:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i like the simile that compares Chi with a powerful car!!!
Dec 4, 2017 12:50 AM
Oct 2015
As soon as that ost played, you know something 'interesting' is going to occur.
Heckle was here...
Dec 5, 2017 2:44 AM

Oct 2008
We got to see the unfortunate back story of Kugimiya! he really has it hard! always gets beaten by talented ones!
So Kugimiya got into a car/truck accident but still continues to dance! that's really hell for him.
Marisa red dress is so alluring and that erotic curves she has! best hot MILF!
2nd half was Tatara & Chinatsu is really getting their dance more power into it!
4/5.

Dec 5, 2017 6:10 AM

May 2016
This show never fails to keep me at the edge of my seat. Man, seriously one of the most enjoyable show I've watched in recent memories and glad I didn't skip this show
Dec 5, 2017 7:16 AM
Mar 2015
Chi-chan is absolutely beautiful <3
Dec 8, 2017 5:44 PM
Jan 2013
ember09 said:
Anyone know the name of the instrumental song that Chi Chan mentions that she likes when she and Tatara start the quickstep dance?

The song is Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman. Enjoy ^_^
Dec 9, 2017 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is also very interesting, especially for the excursus on the character of Masami (how cute he is, as a child), for the explanations they give during the dance phase and finally for the question they pose at the end of the episode. I hope they give a convincing answer, this point is the thing that interests me most after the evolution of the Chinatsu-Tatara couple. Chinatsu is more and more the important element of the story together with Tatara, the narration has reiterated for the umpteenth time. Too bad that the drawings at certain times have had some drops in quality.
Dec 10, 2017 6:51 AM
Oct 2007
Kugimiya back story was surprisingly more enjoyable than I thought but feels slightly incompletely. The cut between the backstory and Tatara couple at the dance competition is a bit abrupt for me too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2009
A bit of Kugimiya this time, so he danced because of the kind teacher...
Chi-chan is great, thanks to her Tatara is getting better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

52 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Jul 31, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by SpoonMaster »»
Jun 28, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

126 by vanne_ »»
May 20, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.