Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
The good:
-Decent fight
-op instrumental
-expanded on gehenna and trinity help

The bad:
-Sensei completely phased out of Hoshino monologue (why do you exist in this anime if you have 0 impact on hoshino lol?).
-Rescue scene and tadaima was underwhelming (target for love where?).
-Making Hoshino have a final struggle instead of the kinda effortless rescue conflict a lot with vol1 ch3.
-No resolution/epilogue at all. Start with the debt completely ignore the problem and end with nothing.

The last point is the most egregious one. Where is the miracle that Hoshino was thinking about? Why no resolution or anything? Spent half the season to unravel the mystery of the debt to never have any payoff in that regards. The anime explain NOTHING about what happen from now on. Makes the story completely useless to follow, complete waste of time.
Should have reduced either Hoshino monologue or some other scenes to give 2 min of epilogue.
Furthermore it, again, ignored Sensei. Is he staying in Abydos? Going back to D.U district? Like this ending is so underwhelming its crazy.

Overall this anime was extremely mediocre. I had a few things I liked but overall there's little enjoyment to derive from such a soul-less adaptation. It's closer to a 5/10 but I give it 6/10 for at least giving me a good OP and ED.

Sad that they could mess up such a simple and short story.
Thai777Jun 25, 8:44 AM
Jun 25, 1:54 PM

Nov 2009
Awww, everyone gathers (and being Tsunderes) to help the Abydos group.

(Guess da Feet Lick worked, lol)

And this proves that Angels > Robots.

The Robots weren't "clone war enough" LOL. If you can't massively clone army, you ain't going to do shit against people that's literally immune to Bullets...

Tho... I still wonder, what were they trying to do to Hoshino anyways? she's all tied up with red strings and such...

And... who exactly was the Previous Abydos President? And what exactly happened to her? We only know she "left"... but to where? (is she even still alive?)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 25, 4:56 PM
Jul 2008
Reply to CorbanEsp
@LeonLanford Next seasons, depending on the order of adaptation, would focus on Millenium for Vol 2, Trinity, Gehenna and Arius for Vol 3 and SRT and Valkyrie for Vol 4.
Abydoss will only be mentioned in Vol 3 due to Hifumi's actions coming after her.

I'm answering this so you get the knowledge, but the anime should have been the one to explain the bare minimum and it failed.

First paragraph is answered in the prologue, which the studio seemed to deem unnecessary and only showed a still frame in chapter 2, ruining a lot of introductions for anime onlies.

• Sensei is the player, there's no more to it. Blue archive is very meta in some things, there's also a shit ton of references at things like whaling to the point that sensei uses his credit card during some moments in different parts of the story, which result in the only times in the story you are able to use custom teams instead of the given by the story.

• Both sensei and the members of Gematria come from outside of Kivotos. This makes sense since you, the player, are entering the game world from our world.
  • Schale is a special department created by the general student council president with extrajudicial powers with the intention of it to mediate between academies. Schale has the power to call to any student, any school at any moment and they have to answer to that duty above all else. But sensei doesn't abuse this.
  • This was actually explained half-heartedly. Ayane had been sending request for supplies and help to the general student council for a while. In his first day in the office, sensei asked Arona what request were made that the general student council ignored, and he picked abydoss due to nobody looking at them.
  • Arona tablet is a piece of ancient technology that only those who have clearance granted by another ancient artifact and know the activation key can use. The president left them to sensei before dissappearing and is the only reason he is not dead. The anime fails to portray it, but the tablet does more things than be cute and search on the internet.

The part about abydoss is Vol F territory.

• Buried in the abydoss deserts are some ancient technology weapons, vehicles and items. Kaiser knows that and wanted to take them.
  • The school is the government of a district. By shutting down the school, Kaiser would become the de-facto ruler of the Abydoss autonomous region. This was explained in the anime.
  • The experiments were a Gematria thing, not aligned with the school takedown planned by Kaiser.
  • The explanation for this was released on JP server this month, can't answer it yet since haven't read it.
  • Only a part (although growing) of Abydoss is desertified. The rest of the district is connected to the rest of Kivotos and get normal appliances.

Sensei's paragraph... well, their version of sensei is like that.
Doubt it counts to you, but overall in-game sensei tries to lecture the girls to differentiate good from bad, but will always choose the option that benefit the students. Also, as someone above the law due to his condition as director of Schale, he can pretty much get away with almost anything.

Hoshino's past was released this month in JP so can't answer that yet, but theoretically Yume is dead.

The halo... a contentious point since it hasn't been fully revealed.

• The halo above their head identifies them as natural residents of Kivotos. It confers them a generic above average resistance to almost anything from fatigue to damage, and acts as some kind of lifeline. If you ask me, the Halos are a result of ancient technology and related with the seven Konas in the sky.
  • There are other entities apart from the girls that have Halos, but they don't appear in Vol 1.
  • Yes, destroying a Halo kills a student. This will be brought in Vol 3 during Seia's assassination along with a detailed explanation of the most efficient ways to do so.

There's no much more about Schale. Is just an organization.
Imo the interesting parts are Gematria, the nameless priest and the Chroma.
@CorbanEsp Thanks for the explanation, the overall plot is more clear to me now.

I'm interested in Schale because it seems sensei fought with other students too. So it's confirmed that sensei is problem solver from Schale with high authority right? Also the missing student council president made me curious too, I think sensei somewhat connected to them. I forgot about Gematria, nameless priest, Chroma, must have missed them.
Jun 25, 7:29 PM

Feb 2023
People talking about Chroma and Nameless Priests in a volume 1 adaptation :MikaXD:
Jun 25, 8:15 PM
Mar 2011
Reply to LotteWeiss
People talking about Chroma and Nameless Priests in a volume 1 adaptation :MikaXD:
@LotteWeiss yeah I feel people need explanations about everything, It's like asking why the girls are ships in azur lane anime.

There are no answers to all the asked 'why', and it's pointless anyway.
Jun 26, 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to LeonLanford
@CorbanEsp Thanks for the explanation, the overall plot is more clear to me now.

I'm interested in Schale because it seems sensei fought with other students too. So it's confirmed that sensei is problem solver from Schale with high authority right? Also the missing student council president made me curious too, I think sensei somewhat connected to them. I forgot about Gematria, nameless priest, Chroma, must have missed them.
@LeonLanford Yes, neither Sensei nor Schale are affilliated exclusively with Abydoss.
Gematria is only present as Black Suit in the anime, the other two are more advanced in the story.

@LotteWeiss well, the anime staff are the ones that dared to put the scenes of Shiroko's past in the Vol 1 adaptation.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jun 26, 10:19 PM

Apr 2017
Compared to other gacha game adaptation, Uma Musume clears. Uma Musume>PriConne>Blue Archive>Azur Lane.

The story is absolutely uninteresting and feels boring from start to finish. Series is saved by its pretty above average animations, good soundtracks, but overall lacking any good character developments, and especially disappointing MC that does absolutely jack shit in the overarching story other than being a sensei.
Jun 27, 7:38 AM
Dec 2020
I hope they won't butcher eden treaty but abydos anime was pretty much the same ass mid shit
Jun 28, 7:23 PM

Jun 2019
My 279th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jun 29, 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
Chad Faust coming in clutch to support everyone the Trinity way with some anti-aircraft artillery.

Nice finale even though they sidelined Sensei hard this time. What? Not even a command/order to the girls during the combat? And how come Hoshino never mentioned him in her extensive monologue lol?
Action sequences and scenes with Prefect Team/PS68 joining the fray looked pretty epic tho.

Overall and despite some notorious flaws, I gotta say I still enjoyed this adaptation quite a bit. Yeah, it pains me they didn't adapt the prologue (while also reducing Sensei's role in the story to a minimum) and the fact of only using two-to-three tracks from the game's OST was criminal but what else can I say? I really like some of these characters (Aru, Kayoko, Hina, etc.) so the mere fact of seeing them animated was enough for me to overlook most of this adaptation's negative points.
That said, I still hope people working on this improve their game in case they plan to adapt the following Volumes.

6,5/10 -> 6/10 - Uhm, wonder if we will get a Volume 2 adaptation someday. Would love to see more of my daughter Aris in anime form.
Jun 30, 2:33 PM

Mar 2019
An anime that doesn't make sense, but it was fun to watch haha.
Jul 1, 6:25 PM

Feb 2014
I am not familiar with the game, so sorry in advance... but the anime was in general very uninteresting and most of the times boring >.<

If you looking for cute girls + gun, you´re looking for Upotte. Super enjoyable and easy going anime if you are not looking for something serious and just want to have some enjoyment seeing cute girls in action + guns.

3/10
TechOtakuJul 1, 7:31 PM
Jul 5, 10:29 PM
Aug 2021
This was a brutal series to watch. I stopped a couple times because it was mind numbing but saw the final score and figured it must end strong. It didn’t.
Jul 7, 11:44 AM
Mar 2021
It's 🦀 time!!! 😭💢

It's been a fun ride fellow Senseis.
Hopefully they make another season. Aris and the Game Dev Dept definitely deserves the love
Jul 10, 9:54 PM

Apr 2016
Why is everyone not satisfied with the show I thought it was cute and funny.
Aug 3, 7:33 PM

Dec 2022
Great final episode
Aug 11, 10:54 PM

Jun 2020
The episode felt rushed. The new weapons were destroyed so easily. What changed from the last episode in which everyone said they could not help? The fight with the director was skipped.
"
Sep 1, 11:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
And finally everyone came to save Hoshino ahaha, that was a pretty good final fight even though it's what you would totally expect to happen, but I don't mind this kind of happy ending especially for a mobile game adaptation tbh
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

252 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

25 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Xanek - May 26

24 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.