Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 31, 1:31 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Marinate1016
Oh no, she stole a hair clip from a billion dollar company how will they ever recover. Most unserious plotline I’ve ever read ngl. I mean that hair clip couldn’t have been more than 15 bucks, surely the mom had that?? It’s not like they were living in a shelter. Her mom’s reaction to it is so over dramatic too man like wtf

Arisu trying to use that to attack Ichinose and make everyone turn on her is hilarious “shoplifting is shoplifting” yea and no one cares 😭 not like she stole from me. Ichinose’s earnest confession and explanation was more than enough to brush off Arisu’s attack. Not to mention the teachers and Nagumo getting involved. Still surprised Arisu came up with such a shitty plan. If anything this made people like Ichinose even more since now she’s more relatable

I love getting the little Kiyo breakdown after every big moment in this story . Like seeing how he was pulling the strings in anticipation of this moment for a while now with his visits to Ichinose. Trying to prepare her for this type of confrontation, get her to come to terms with the past and resolve to move on. Also, his agreement with Kushida to get Nagumo and the teachers involved etc

Really shows the different levels that Arisu and Kiyo are on... now the stage’s set for a more direct confrontation between them.

And the most important valentine chocolate of this arc of course comes from Ichinose who is now totally in Kiyo’s grasp. 4D chess. Another win for the goat.

All the usual complaints I have about the adaptation are there, but a decent ep
@Marinate1016

The Hair Clip was apperently Worth a price of 200 Dollars.
Jan 31, 1:32 PM

Feb 2019
TypeMercury94 said:
@Marinate1016

The Hair Clip was apperently Worth a price of 200 Dollars.

Glad that was the takeaway from the write up
Jan 31, 1:41 PM

Feb 2021
So that adapts the ending of volume 9

Nagumo and Kanzaki really look lame here compared to the light novel.
Jan 31, 1:42 PM

May 2010
It's been a while since I had such a hard time getting through an episode, I just couldn't take it seriously. Incredibly boring.
Jan 31, 1:56 PM
Mar 2019
I like this episode, good strategy and plot.
Jan 31, 1:57 PM

Nov 2017
Ichinose who steals a ¥ 32,200 scam jewelry! Her strength of character and the depression she went through because of this incident deserve much more recognition in my opinion.

In any case, it's the best episode of the season so far!
ElyshionJan 31, 3:22 PM
Jan 31, 2:04 PM

May 2021
Another decent ep. Nothing too special and wraps up this arc.
Jan 31, 2:21 PM
Jun 2023
Ayaanokouji king
Jan 31, 2:55 PM

Nov 2023
Way more intriguing episode compared to last week but still kinda goofy.

Ichinose was the center of attention as she shared her backstory about the crime she committed. The crime? Shoplifting... It was way overblown, in my opinion. There was so much drama over that, and sure, shoplifting is still a crime, but damn. I guess a crime like that is big in Japan?
Jan 31, 3:26 PM
Feb 2021
esperaba otro tipo de crimen , y me salen que el el crimen tan atroz que había cometido fue robarse un gancho de cabello xD ,tanto drama por eso
Jan 31, 3:41 PM
Apr 2022
arisu continuing to be a bitch during Ichinose's confession was cringe to watch
Jan 31, 3:52 PM
Mar 2018
Amazing mind play
I think the rhythm is perfect, not too slow nor too fast
Very excited for the coming episodes
Jan 31, 4:36 PM
Oct 2019
Bruhhh i thought she killed someone in the past LMAO

I think this is the first time i saw a drama for shoplifter in Anime.
Jan 31, 4:55 PM
Jun 2023
Worst episode of the entire anime so far
Jan 31, 5:25 PM
Dec 2021
I wanna give Ichinose a hug πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
Jan 31, 5:25 PM
Dec 2021
G4PS said:
Worst episode of the entire anime so far

Then you're an absolute capital L
Jan 31, 7:10 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Another smooth episode and now the real battle begins. Excited to see this weeks episode
Jan 31, 7:13 PM

Apr 2021
just finished it, and yeah its the best ep so far of the season.
Jan 31, 7:39 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to geptor
I see. Shoplifting is ultra bad.
Overworking yourself to hospital bed with more bills to pay is fine.
Explaining own daughter how much artificially inflated 32000 yen price versus actual trinket value is and setting on another reasonable present is bad idea.
Better to ruin family than actually talk reality.

P.S. Barging another class and making threats is fine.
Beating each other is fine. Triggering expulsion is fine. Using points for shady things is fine.
Posting rumors on BBS compromises school morale standards.
@geptor It highlights how much Mental Health is disregarded in comparison to saving face, something very common in Japan.
It's objectively bad parenting to make your kid depressed for half a year over something that could of been dealt with lessons learned in a week tbh.

Jan 31, 8:44 PM

Aug 2011
bitch ass Arisu Sakayanagi THAT WAS LIKE ALL IN THE PAST WHO CARES KEK
Jan 31, 8:46 PM
Dec 2020
THAT'S IT?? THAT'S THE CRIME???? A CRIME COMMITED A YEAR AGO????
It's not even a big crime, It's literally shoplifting but soon brought it back.
And all of that and you're scared of the rumor spread?? a pointless shoplift??!??!?! Bomboclat what am I watching.
Jan 31, 9:14 PM

Jul 2014
While calling what Ichinose did an "unforgivable crime" may be a bit too much, I can see how bad it may have been for her and her family. Thankfully, Class B is pretty united and with Ichinose sincerely opening up to her classmates it all ended well.

Ichinose, my beloved. And to think there was a time when I was a little suspicious about her obscene amount of points in the first season. Easily my best girl so far (with a little bias for Nao Touyama of course haha). That last scene with her giving Valentine chocolates to Ayano was cute.

I liked seeing Hiyori leading class D xD.

Sakayanagi needs correction.
Jan 31, 9:34 PM

Mar 2007
That was a moving flashback. Ichinose shoplifted, but her coming clean and asking for forgiveness was the right thing to do. Ayanokoji played the game well.
Jan 31, 10:13 PM
Sep 2021
Avbuub said:
I'm sorry but shoplifting bro wtf. That's absolutely unbelievable!!! I would never forgive her, for stealing something!!! How dare she steal a small hair clip, probably one of the worst crimes I've ever witnessed in an anime!!! Super disappointed in Ichinose, hope she redeems herself for doing something so egregious, hope she gets imprisoned with this super villain act. Honestly though, this was stupid as fuck, this anime fell off hard bro.

So true! That thing was worth like $200 too! And it was returned to the store later too! She should be locked up for life, just a horrible thing done by that girl
Jan 31, 10:19 PM
Apr 2023
So they finally reached the point where Ayanokouji's main target is confirmed and it is Kushida; she is technically a lynchpin and Ayanokouji now confirmed that her information network is her main weapon. Well she caused chaos in her middle school class when she unleashed information against several cliques in her class and I know Ayanokouji knows that even though such info network is extremely useful for the Class C, it is not worth having if it is held by Kushida.
Jan 31, 10:39 PM
Jun 2022
wow, it's impressive how they didn't put any cuts in this ep and it was possible to tell Ichinose's story straight, what good animation was in this episode, I hope it continues like this for us, the script was very well introduced in this episode, very quickly without messing around, without cuts, and the story was very good, the scenes were very lively and adequately animated too, I really liked the script for this episode and I also really liked knowing about Ichinose's past, very detailed and easy to understand because of the script, which was great
Jan 31, 11:21 PM

Aug 2022
#LockHerUp

πŸ™ƒ

Seriously though... while it is understandable that having a low crime rate and certain cultural values Japanese would perceive even a petty crime like theft differently from other countries, what took me out of the loop for this episode was how this whole charade was presented to the audience. It was a bit too melodramatic for my taste, to the point that I felt like it was unintentionally hilarious at times. Can't blame how some of the previous posts even compared this episode being straight out of a cheap soap opera.
Jan 31, 11:41 PM
Apr 2017
Reply to Marinate1016
Oh no, she stole a hair clip from a billion dollar company how will they ever recover. Most unserious plotline I’ve ever read ngl. I mean that hair clip couldn’t have been more than 15 bucks, surely the mom had that?? It’s not like they were living in a shelter. Her mom’s reaction to it is so over dramatic too man like wtf

Arisu trying to use that to attack Ichinose and make everyone turn on her is hilarious “shoplifting is shoplifting” yea and no one cares 😭 not like she stole from me. Ichinose’s earnest confession and explanation was more than enough to brush off Arisu’s attack. Not to mention the teachers and Nagumo getting involved. Still surprised Arisu came up with such a shitty plan. If anything this made people like Ichinose even more since now she’s more relatable

I love getting the little Kiyo breakdown after every big moment in this story . Like seeing how he was pulling the strings in anticipation of this moment for a while now with his visits to Ichinose. Trying to prepare her for this type of confrontation, get her to come to terms with the past and resolve to move on. Also, his agreement with Kushida to get Nagumo and the teachers involved etc

Really shows the different levels that Arisu and Kiyo are on... now the stage’s set for a more direct confrontation between them.

And the most important valentine chocolate of this arc of course comes from Ichinose who is now totally in Kiyo’s grasp. 4D chess. Another win for the goat.

All the usual complaints I have about the adaptation are there, but a decent ep
@Marinate1016 it was 32000 yen which is $200+
Jan 31, 11:42 PM

Feb 2019
0428ForLife said:
@Marinate1016 it was 32000 yen which is $200+

Again I’m glad that’s what you took away from the write up
Feb 1, 1:15 AM
Dec 2022
Ayanokoji can be the most powerful student in the entire school if he so chooses. Now let's see how he fares against Sakayanagi of Class A and Kushida.
Feb 1, 1:59 AM
Culture-sensei
Mar 2021
Living in Japan I notice in the hobby shops all of the signs warning about shoplifting but the whole "I stole a 30,000 pin and ruined my life" fascade was just too much. Maybe its trying to take from the position of a middle schooler, but its really over dramatic.
Feb 1, 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
Our boi Ayanokoji playing 4D chess by tormenting girls by guilt tripping then in order to make them strong they need to be. Truly a chad!

I like how people in this thread have absolutely no idea about Japanese culture and their approach to crime. 🀣
I know people in Murica' will make a bullshit excuses like "just a poor Alladin with golden heart stealing bread to feed starving family" (something that dumb leftists in the west are saying unitonically to describe greedy, opportunistic criminals), but in Japan it's a really big deal, which can potentially completely ruin someone's reputation.
PieromyslFeb 1, 2:56 AM

Feb 1, 3:01 AM
Nov 2021
Intriguingly captivating and emotionally resonant, the latest episode of the anime has undeniably left an indelible mark on the hearts of humble anime enjoyers, weaving a narrative tapestry that skillfully delves into the enigmatic depths of Honami's past. The meticulous unveiling of her tumultuous middle school experiences, her deepest, darkest demons from within adds layers of complexity to her character, transforming her journey into a poignant odyssey of self-discovery and growth.

It is within the crucible of adversity that Honami emerges, demonstrating a remarkable resilience that not only tugs at the heartstrings but also augurs well for the future trajectory of her character arc. The nuanced development of Honami's persona suggests a promising evolution that aficionados of the series can eagerly anticipate, holding out hope for further revelations and growth as the overarching plot unfolds.

Towards the denouement of this compelling episode, a subtle yet profound revelation surfaces, a glimpse into the depths of Honami's emotions, delicately encapsulated in a box of chocolates. This poignant manifestation of affection towards Ayanokoji (the purported author of this insightful review), introduces an intriguing romantic element that fans fervently wish to witness burgeon and blossom in subsequent episodes. The delicate dance between affection and admiration, juxtaposed with the allure of a potential romance, adds an enticing layer to the overarching narrative.

As an ardent supporter of Honami's burgeoning connection with Ayanokoji, I express not only the desire for this budding relationship to bloom further. I also acknowledge the presence of Kei as a compelling contender in the realm of second-best girl. The deliberate inclusion of this perspective underscores the exploration of character dynamics within the anime, elevating the viewing experience by fostering a sense of emotional investment in the unfolding romantic entanglements.

Drawing upon the wisdom imparted by Ayanokoji during the inaugural season towards Honami, “Confessing your feelings to someone isn't an easy thing. You spend everyday in anguish, yet you still can't do it. The words,'I love you' hang in your throat, and you can't seem to force them out.” I wish for Honami to be ushered by Ayanokoji's (my) wise words and continue to push forward to profess.
WGWAFFLEFeb 1, 3:23 AM
Feb 1, 3:45 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Comander-07
I dont know why, but I just cringed during the entire first 5 minutes. Really the entire episode.
Something about these characters behaving as if ChatGPT has written them makes it feel so weird.

If someone from a different class went into my classroom and just accused me of beeing a criminal I couldnt help but double down on it, pretend to be some crime lord in the cringiest way possible. Have you heard, I did not pay to watch that anime which never got licensed in my country. Some shit like that. They are what 16?

320€ for a hair clip?!! Who is the real criminal here??
The imouto is what.. 10? If I told my parents I wanted some idol shit for 320€ at 10 yo they would have probably put me up for adoption.

That beeing said the backstory was sad, I felt bad for them.

Why is she acting as if she sold nuclear secrets to North Korea though? She shoplifted in a massive store which definitely has insurance, as a kid. Nobody cares. Why is nobody telling her the truth? Nobody cares.

Same with the A class girl, "My job here is done - But you didnt do anything!" Sailor moon meme.
@Comander-07 If I had been in that class I would have pushed that annoying little girl out of the class whilst doing my best Stephen Smith impression "We Don't Care, we don't care" and if any of her sidekicks intervened it would be followed by a swift kick to a shin.

And yeah, a friggin hair pin. I know Japan has a different moral code but yeezus.
Feb 1, 5:02 AM
Oct 2020
Probably one of the best episodes of CotE period. I think people are overlooking the fact that these are high school students in Japan where family honor and shame are held in higher regard than most of the world. I see a lot of comments about it being “so much drama”, but it’s probably a little more grounded in reality than people give it credit for. Rumors and guilt lead to suicidal tendencies or overall downward spirals. Ichinose was in a downward spiral ever since the rumors started due to her guilt. Ayanokoji rescued her from rock bottom by helping her get there quicker to rise from it. It was an excellent psychological play. Now Ichinose can move forward knowing that her classmates hold no ill will against her and the past is indeed the past.
Feb 1, 5:28 AM

Jul 2012
Lmao so dramatic just because of a hair clip. Imagine being depressed for months just because you stole something like that πŸ’€
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 5:41 AM
Oct 2021
Ayanokoji too strong !
Feb 1, 6:27 AM

Jul 2021
nice episode. another girl interested in the cool, edgy, expressionless ayanokoji who knows exactly what to say in every situation to win someone's trust and get on their good side.

i was very happy when the ichinose thing resolved so nicely only to find out sakayanagi doesn't give a shit about ichinose and only cares about having exciting competitions with ayanokoji. bruh.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 1, 6:39 AM
Nov 2019
ayanakouji mulai memanas bung
My Candies :
Feb 1, 6:56 AM
May 2018
Honami backstory is so good though 🩷
Feb 1, 7:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I still don't understand why they all treat stealing something as if she murdered someone
Feb 1, 7:23 AM

Jun 2016
omg this episode telling about ichinose is very lovely to watch !!
Feb 1, 8:43 AM
Feb 2021
this was a really mid episode evem brought down my rating with -1
Feb 1, 9:08 AM
Oct 2019
Ayanokoji is carrying everyone on his back, this school would soon be his alone. The episode was very good, it was cool to see the top 1 lose to him, it was gratifying
Feb 1, 9:40 AM
Nov 2016
Heh, massively blowing through content in eps 1-4, to a point where Anime Only fans barely have a clue about what's going on, just to waste a whole episode on this Honami drama ?!
Worst episode this season by far. Screw that long ass flashback, specially. They should've wrapped this up in less than half the time.
Feb 1, 10:35 AM

Aug 2020
Rumours, trust, deceit... Lots of things going on. Nice to see Honami giving a handmade chocolate to my boy. Also nice ending.

Feb 1, 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
Huh actually a pretty decent episode, way better than any of the previous episodes thus far. I thought Kushida's past in the second season was stupid as hell, so I'm surprised I ended up enjoying Ichinose's past. A little dramatic at times, but not nearly as much as compared to some of the other events that occurred in this show.

On the other hand, I think the execution of Ichinose's reveal was too dramatized, even though Sakayanagi did it on purpose and it all helped Ichinose in the long-run - the way Sakayanagi barged into another classroom and insisted on Ichinose getting due punishment on something that's literally none of her business, considering even the shop owners already forgave Ichinose....bruh. Wish I could smack that smug smirk off her face.

Not surprising, but Ichinose is the next one getting added to Ayankoji's harem. But congratulations, Clasroom of the Elite, after three seasons there's finally a character that exists in this show that I find likeable. Never thought the day would come.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 1, 2:34 PM
Jun 2012
I love the development created to Ichinose. This episode totally worth it.
Feb 1, 5:15 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is always 1 step ahead of the scembags
Feb 1, 7:41 PM

Jul 2022
Now we know Ichinose's past, which involves stealing a hairpin as a gift for her brother when her mother fell ill. Her mother, upon finding out, got upset with Ichinose. Is that all? Well, it's a crime, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm not justifying it, but it's a bit of Japanese culture in those reactions.

In the end, Sakayanagi's true plan was to involve Ayanokouji in Ichinose's problem, helping her resolve and confess her past issues. This aims to make Ichinose fall in love with Ayanokouji (a new tool).

Also, Ayanokouji's real plan in all this is to get Kushida expelled (about time).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

215 by Blackgurlkitty »»
Oct 9, 7:11 AM

» Ayanokoji out of character

mechian - Sep 29

27 by Ayanogod10 »»
Oct 7, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

221 by Zekkenshin »»
Sep 26, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.