Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 20, 2023 12:02 PM
Feb 2018
I don't know why, but I think the killer is another monster like a werewolf or maybe another vampire that hunted vampires for a long time, used human hunter to dead drop his weapon and test the mansion defense or the little girl killed her mother and the maid and butler covering up. this is a Sherlock Holmes like series no way the humans are the killer too on the nose. maybe the little girl was mind controlled by another monster
Jul 20, 2023 12:11 PM

Feb 2018
Wasn't too surprised at the Sherlock Holmes reference, the way Aya uncovers the clues makes them quite similar.
After that questioning with the hunter it seems to me we might get an answer in the next episode.
Jul 20, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2011
Absolutely love vibe and pace of the show. That's one of the best anime of this season indeed.
Muraki-sanJul 21, 2023 3:19 AM
Jul 20, 2023 1:22 PM
Aug 2020
it was interesting, different from what i was expected at the beginning...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 20, 2023 1:30 PM

Jun 2019
Well, I did love the lengths the first episode went to to be at once immersive and disorienting, I like the premise (or at least what I originally thought the premise was), I like the setting (both when and where), visually it's appealing, and the voice actors do a solidly good job as is the case more often than not, but so far after the initial premiere and with these past two episodes, it's seemed like a lot of style over substance-type series.

I suppose that I mean concept is good, art/animation/visual presentation is good, seiyuus and sound design are good, but writing is fairly weak/limited.
WatchTillTandavaJul 20, 2023 1:35 PM
Jul 20, 2023 1:46 PM

Jan 2018
It's my favourite anime of this season so far. The only one I keep anxiously waiting for the episode to drop every week.
Jul 20, 2023 5:12 PM

Mar 2008
I think I got it. The vampire hunter had someone on the inside as an accomplice. The weapon found was not the murder weapon but a decoy to give a false impression of the time of death. The woman was killed while the silver steak was being examined. I just am unclear who did it.
Jul 20, 2023 6:02 PM

Aug 2016
Ahh, these eps are only 5 minutes, istg. I, too, think this could be a Murder on the Orient Express situation, but I could also totally see the Lord being the murderer. Maybe she was killed at an earlier or later time and with a different weapon. Every one if them is hella suspicious. There could also be a weird twist where they’re tired of animal blood and needed a way to get Aya to come. Immortal blood might be good, right? Or the unoriginal idea that Hannah asked the butler to put her out of her misery since they may have known each other for a long time. The butler probably works there for her.
Jul 20, 2023 6:13 PM

May 2015
It's very interesting, like this so far!
Jul 20, 2023 6:49 PM

Feb 2021
RinTheWanderer said:
I'm betting it's the daughter and the maid. If we look at the problems posed to the killer, they had to have inhuman strength to bust the lock but not be a vampire in order to carry the stake and use holy water. I'm betting the maid did it at the behest of the daughter. They try to play her off as a young child but it's a vampire, she could be 100s of years old for all we know. She also ended the questioning at dinner by running off and cut it off earlier as well when she snuck into the murder room quietly. She has the ability to simply walk right up to the mother and kill her. Additionally, the body was tilted when killed which is something a short person would want to do. Finally, she and the maid were singing loudly which would give cover for the other one to move about the house and yet maintain the alibi of being together. The framing of the murder reveal also heavily featured the daughter and maid singing. I also loosely checked so this could be wrong, but I don't think we ever see the bottom of charlotte's fingers. Her hands are always at her side during dinner until she slams them on the table face down and she was grabbing the wall when we see her in episode 2.

As for why, the most plausible reason is not wanting to be a human ally. It was clearly driving a wedge between vampires and humans so we just have to think who would benefit. The other plausible reason is the daughter not accepting a once human step mother. Could even be both of the reasons.

My only real hesitation about this theory is how episode 3 ended. Presumably "M" sending a hunter with a silver stake was the key piece of information aya needed to solve the case and I can't see how that would connect with, well, anybody to be honest. We do understand cleverly from the conversation earlier that the maid is relatively new. She hadn't gotten used to living at night like everyone else. In that case, perhaps she left during the day to meet to with "M" or was even sent to work there as a plant in the first place. Without knowledge of what godard might do with the stake, it seems like an extremely coincidental case that the stake happened to end up in a locked room inside the house instead of just thrown away or melted down.

I liked your theories the most ... But Even tho thekid and maid are very sus i Bet My money i'm the dad, probably wanted to kill her and hired the dude, then kill him to cover the proof and then killed the other dude and tried to pin the guilt on HIM thats why he asked to be witness .... Why tho, idk
Jul 20, 2023 7:13 PM
Jun 2023
I swear that time stands still while this is playing, because I start watching it then 5 minutes later it's over. This is a good thing, but also I cannot wait until Ep4!!!
Jul 20, 2023 11:14 PM

Feb 2017
How delightful. This is turning into something special. It's funny when you're so weird a family of vampires sees you as a red flag.
I really like how how Tsugaru and Aya are already fond of each other. He laughs at her jokes and makes sure she's okay. I ship a severed head with a madman.
I also like all the people involved in the mystery. They're likeable, especially the father, so I know I'll be sad when they discover which one was the murderer. It's nice that this murder plot is actually interesting.

A lot of people here are mentioning that it feels the episodes are going by so fast. I also feel that way! It's a mark of good storytelling when an anime doesn't drag.
The mention of Sherlock Holmes reminds me of Moriarty the Patriot.
Jul 20, 2023 11:36 PM

Feb 2017
ProofByColor said:
Yeah this is good fun. This is giving me early Moriarty the Patriot vibes which I quite liked as well. I'd be happy even if this show stayed as "mystery of the week" style.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt the Moriarty vibe!
Jul 21, 2023 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
I'm betting it's the maid. She human, she's only been there a year I believe.

And these episodes go by so quick! I had no idea 20 minutes had passed.
Jul 21, 2023 9:18 AM

Oct 2018
This is following the footsteps of a lot of the detective shows in how it's progressing, and also trying to maintain a level of lightness with the puns. It's my favorite thing this season, going to be such a pain to wait for another week.
Etherius_ZSJul 21, 2023 9:21 AM
Jul 21, 2023 12:39 PM
Sep 2018
The pair are so cute when they have their giggles. Btw that Josef lad was like a Robin Hood here lol
Jul 21, 2023 1:01 PM
Jun 2020
interesting chapter...
Jul 21, 2023 2:12 PM

Nov 2011
is it butler? it is usualy butler xD
Jul 21, 2023 4:20 PM
Mar 2023
My bet is assisted suicide, Hannah wanted to die and had someone in her family kill her. I'm betting on Raoul, because he didn't have a good explanation for where he was at the time of the murder. He could have easily killed his mom and then left to go with his dad.
Jul 22, 2023 6:58 AM

Jul 2021
At first, I thought anyone could be the murderer, but then Aya examined the vampires' hands and found no sketches on them. Now, I'm leaning towards two possibilities: it could either be an assisted suicide with the help of the maid or a murder committed by the maid and Charlotte. Another guess could be the obvious second son, but I believe he might be a distraction or a red herring. I feel like I'm accusing the obvious suspects, or we could consider the "Prime suspects," but we still need to address Aya's earlier points in the following episodes...
Jul 22, 2023 8:20 AM

May 2014
Noo I was hoping the mystery would be resolved this episode. 

Despite being packed with dialogue constantly, it hasn't felt like a chore to watch at all. I like how MC and Aya just giggle together sometimes. 
Jul 22, 2023 9:51 AM
Nov 2015
This was a good episode! We're getting closer to solving the murder. I believe Miss Rindo 100%, she knows what she's doing.
Jul 23, 2023 6:17 AM
May 2017
Great episode, the plot is obviously pushing Alfred as the traitor behind the murder. But it's probably a red herring, it can be someone or perhaps even multiple people in the house can be in on it? I've been reading a lot of you guys' theories, and it really can be anyone with those reasonings behind it. Could one of the kids detest their step mother for her formerly human background? Could one of the butlers secretly detest their vampire masters? Or it can be something completely different.  

Ah this episode felt like 5 mins, I need more

4.5/5
Quanda1eDing1eJul 23, 2023 6:30 AM
Jul 23, 2023 11:50 PM
Nov 2022
El anime es superior a todo lo que pense, sigo diciendo los protagonistas son los mejor de esta temporada.
Jul 24, 2023 6:56 PM

May 2015
Not gonna lie its fun to see all these theories, while knowing who the real murder is
Jul 25, 2023 1:19 PM
Dec 2015
I feel like the ep dragged on a bit but the plot is interesting and I cant wait for the next ep
Jul 25, 2023 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
Lol they stretched out this murder crime arc for 3 episodes already when the killers is obvious already. Anyway its not bad, at least the jokes are worth the short time we had, its good so far
Jul 26, 2023 6:05 AM
Nov 2018
My theory: The young son did it together with the butler.

How could the Hunter afford a silver stake? Apparently it's something very rare. And apparently it made little sense attacking a civilized vampire, in the eyes of the other Hunter.

So he got paid to do it, and he probably didn't know that it was a vampire who paid him. All so the stake would be in the house.

The son fixed the aim on the dad's rifle so he couldn't hit the deer, making sure he'd be away longer. The lord had to go deeper in the forest to chase down the deer. The butler could hear the shots were far away and know now was the time to strike. The son, who had been absent for thirty minutes before the hunt, had broken the chain to the storage room. He went out with the dad to have an alibi.

(Side note: In real life a hunter would know that the aim was off)
HegarJul 26, 2023 6:28 AM
Jul 26, 2023 8:11 PM
Feb 2021
A voir ! Belle DA et belle histoire
Jul 27, 2023 2:08 AM

Jul 2017
The vampire case continues, though the detectives were definitely an oddball to the Godard vampire family, and Mark got called out by Aya for his unkempt clothing. Other than that, she continues her questioning towards the father of his activities, along with the children and servants of Giselle and Alfred, though there is a possibility that one of them murdered their very own mother. Though one person isn't happy with what he found, and Claude is one prime suspect that adds to the list of innocents, rather than sure-fire criminals.

While the banter of Tsugaru and Aya continues to chuckles, Jean continues to question Aya about the Immortal "Fushi" and the Oni. Though they bear similarities to Tsugaru and Aya themselves, someone tried to take Jean's life, Josef may be a passing acquaintance who knows that his fellow hunter Hugo was after Jean's life, and his part in this mystery case, easily leads to a farce case being conclusive.

Who will it be?
Jul 28, 2023 2:00 AM

Jan 2012
Better than episode 2. Still feels like a drag tho.
Jul 30, 2023 2:18 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
The coachman really has a top tier housewife o_o props to her.

It seems like all the investigation has been done and they're about to seal the deal. Don't know what shot Josef thought he had fighting a vampire with just a crossbow shot and a pistol in the deep woods. I could see the inexperience coming from a mile away.

I'm only further convinced that the staff are involved in some capacity and that perhaps one of them was connected to the first hunter dude. For him to claim that he had a great ally screams that there was a partnership we're going to uncover soon enough.

The farce will finally be resolved. It was all to fitting to see them use farce from the title screen right as they announced their plans to settle the mystery. This is a very good show, I look forward to more.
Aug 2, 2023 1:53 AM

Dec 2017
why does everyone around the main duo get so silent when they make a joke? I can't be the only one to find them hilarious...
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Aug 3, 2023 9:10 PM
May 2019
Ok, all the time I've spend reading the Sherlock Holmes books were not wasted. Since the beginning of the case, I felt like the people in the house were all suspects, seens like I got it right hehe
Aug 5, 2023 2:54 PM
May 2020
This anime is captivating, its characters, its plot, the animation, the design... It has an incredible aura of mystery. The jokes that Aya makes JAJAJA.
Aug 6, 2023 2:46 AM
Nov 2022
MUITO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 8, 2023 12:30 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Was thinking they'd solve the mystery this episode but they managed to stretch it out and still make it entertaining to watch.
Aug 14, 2023 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly didnt expect this arc to be this long
She still hasnt adressed the last 2 points from last episode and she left on another cliff hanger

But I like that we get information and can try to solve it ourselves, I just hope its the kind of story telling that really enables us to do so and not pull some strings with information that was kept from us

But I am hooked, love their banter and the atmosphere
Aug 14, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
trampler8324 said:
Better than episode 2. Still feels like a drag tho.
No way! That was so enjoyable!
Sep 4, 2023 1:21 PM
Feb 2022
As coisas seguem indo bem
Sep 21, 2023 11:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice investigation asking each people from the estate but even though some may be suspicious what really helped them is the german guy attacking the vampire at the end hm, I'm curious about how the case will wrap next
Sep 23, 2023 8:41 AM

Aug 2019
Bro this episode went by so fast! 🤣

This may end up being anime of the season, maybe even anime of the year for me, it just hits so perfectly for me!
Oct 1, 2023 12:05 PM
Jul 2014
Wait, so we got a butler, a moody teen, and vampire hunters playing hide and seek? And now, someone from the inside is teaming up? Man, this is better than those whodunnit dinner parties! Pass the popcorn, things are getting spicy! This show is bloody amazing
Oct 10, 2023 7:41 AM

Oct 2022
The investigation continues.
Her observatory skills are on another level.
Nov 8, 2023 3:57 PM

Feb 2018
Aya, the talking head inside a cage bird being carried by an Oni, called Sherlock Holmes a weirdo lmao
Nov 16, 2023 8:16 AM
May 2023
Good episode, I like the reference to Sherlock Holmes and it seems that Aya already has the answer to the case, we will see what the verdict is
Nov 17, 2023 3:04 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Urahara_Benihime
The investigation continues.
Her observatory skills are on another level.
@Urahara_Benihime yea, but seen that level of observatory in some other series to before, not anime
Nov 27, 2023 2:02 PM

Mar 2013
episode end so fast wtf, maybe i just like detective this much because In/spectre episode where also fast as hell
Dec 30, 2023 8:01 PM

Oct 2019
I suspect the "powerful ally" of the first vampire hunter is the M-guy. I wonder who the killer is. The least suspicious is the maid, if we rule out the little vampire girl.
Jan 4, 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Muraki-san
Absolutely love vibe and pace of the show. That's one of the best anime of this season indeed.
@Muraki-san

I am really enjoying the direction and the panning during alot of scenes. Very interesting visual effect.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

164 by AP24 »»
Oct 7, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

101 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Sep 7, 6:53 PM

» RETURN OF A LEGEND!!! (No, not a new season, calm down LMAO)

WhispyMoon - Aug 21

16 by WhispyMoon »»
Aug 22, 1:21 PM

» Why does the ED song feel so nostalgic?

Oreki_Houtaro24 - Aug 8

4 by Madmaster_X »»
Aug 10, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

65 by Ranxomare »»
Jul 9, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.