Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 24, 2023 1:58 AM

Jul 2015
Syureria said:
papa & mama? what was that? is that imagination? or smth?

Flashback from the future, obviously.
Foreshadows the obvious, that Hayato will marry and have a daughter with one of the five.

Jun 24, 2023 2:05 AM

Oct 2020
Tachi27 said:
Does anyone have information on the name of hsyato's daughter and which of the 5 girls is the mother? One of the theories tells me that it could be Ouka or Ami or Giku. If anyone else knows something or has another theory, please comment.
Just based on genetics (assuming the author follows this) the blue eyes, which are recessive alleles, hints that it might not be Shiragiku, Ouka, or Ami. I've seen some sources say red eyes are dominant over green but in anime I'm not sure. They're still on the table as the possible mother (RIP the harem ending I was hoping for) but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Jun 24, 2023 2:18 AM
May 2022
Mervis said:
YooImHere said:
Great episode and an amazing end to the 1st season, can't wait for the next one. There is one thing that caught my eye, Hayato's daughter had purple hair in the anime and Hayato has blue hair so would that just mean that the girl that won could be Ouka considering she has red hair? I know this reasoning by color combinations sounds dumb but it could be a thing.
Well, it's not dumb, it's a thing called genetics, the fact that genetics would be respected in an anime is a little... meh... they usually don't, then you don't know if that hair is purple by a decision of the anime staff and not from the author, but I too had the same guess by the color of her hair ^^;
Glad to see someone had a similar thought to mine. I actually didn't even think about the genetics part but yes it would be cool to see it respected in anime.
Jun 24, 2023 2:48 AM
Sep 2021
This show growed beyond my expectations, the character development was good. Excited to watch s2 and to see where the story advances up to.
Jun 24, 2023 4:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice to get more of Hayato and his grandmother's backstory with Shiragiku when she met them when she was younger, and how the grandmother stopped her work to take care of Hayato. Also that time skip teasing is the most interesting part ahah. S2 announced so that's good!
Jun 24, 2023 4:28 AM

Jun 2019
Great ending to one of the best harem anime I think I've ever seen (Girlfriend Girlfriend being the other one). Loved the setting and the older cast. Akane best girl, Riho and Shiragiku close second. Easy 8/10 for me.

Loved the OP as well.
23feanorJun 24, 2023 4:31 AM
Jun 24, 2023 5:44 AM

Feb 2018
Piromysl said:

Flashback from the future, obviously.
Foreshadows the obvious, that Hayato will marry and have a daughter with one of the five.
Ahhh i see thank you so much
Jun 24, 2023 5:48 AM

Jul 2015
Animillion said:
RIP Harem ending. Oh well at least we know he ends up choosing one of them. Not bad for a harem series because Hayato was a good mc unlike most

More than that, since Hayato's daughter had no idea who the rest of the girls are, it implies they are not being in touch with eachother.

Jun 24, 2023 8:07 AM

Aug 2014
It was a nice silly-ish anime, but forgettable either way.  Im surprised it got a season 2, but Seo's animes usually get some sort of continuation. 

Suzuka had 26 episodes,  Kimi No Iru Machi (The Town Where You Live) had timeskips and OVA episodes.  Fuuka was the one it was left as a one-and-done. 

But with the final 4 minutes of this final episode of season 1, I guess season 2 will focus on which girl the MC will pick as a romance partner. 

Im usually skeptical of season 2 of silly animes or comedy animes, since they tend to mostly be a fail. But lets see who the MC picks in the end
Jun 24, 2023 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
Alright that ended well, gotta lotta question who married in the future but we leave it for now, next season hopefully we can get some answers
Jun 24, 2023 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
X_Yeager said:
let me guess the wife of hayato it's Ami Chan no doubt cause she give me vibes of yotsuba
OMG if they do ended up together that will be the greatest twist of all and  I'll be left thinking "of all the girls he could've chose"
RedChromeJun 24, 2023 9:09 AM
Jun 24, 2023 9:02 AM
Jun 2020
idk why but this kind of stupidly generic romantic harem plot is so much fun to watch...
7/10

also I wonder who that wife is!? definitely seated for season 2
Jun 24, 2023 9:25 AM
Apr 2023
Well, for a finale, they crammed chapters 27, 36 and 40-43 into 1 episode.
While they did manage to get Shiragiku's backstory, they totally skipped Ami's chapter and they also omitted a lot of content from the the mentioned chapters.
But I guess that is okay since they will return sometime in 2024.

Jun 24, 2023 3:56 PM
Mar 2015
At least we learned his Grandmother's backstory
Jun 24, 2023 4:01 PM

Apr 2023
That was a pretty good final episode. Looks like this series will again emphasize the importance of "Making one's decision".
Glad this series eventually will not have a harem ending. I want a decisive winner like in The Quintessential Quintuplets, even if he will not choose my favorite girl.

Solid 7/10 for the series. Great story but inconsistent production value.
But still looking forward next year for its continuation.
Jun 24, 2023 6:13 PM

Nov 2015
Shigariku team ftw
Jun 24, 2023 6:51 PM
Dec 2022
Animillion said:
Anime-Otaku123 said:
Akane, Riho, and Shiragiku are in love with Hayato! I couldn't have asked for better girls lol! I wouldn't have thought that one of the girls met him in the past, I'm glad it was Shiragiku since she is kinda my favorite. How much effort Grandma put into doing all of this for Hayato jsut warmed my heart. That future scene with Hayato's daughter was so amazing, but it frustrated me that we don't see who he marries!!

Yea, those are the 3 best girls in the order they confessed. I thinks that Akane is probably the best fit for him but that Riho will win. Oh well, let’s see what happens. As long as Ouka doesn’t win it’s all good
True, Ouka's only good with her fashion sense, but her personality in general is a bit too sweet and sour for my taste
Jun 24, 2023 7:18 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Of course, there was going to be that convenient time skip! Purple hair like Ami's with a bit of Riho's personality, I wonder who it could be. Praying hard for Akane but let's be real, it's usually these characters that are least likely to win, sadly. 

Shiragiku-focused episode, this. Looks like we've got the character that's been interested in him the most revealed too, interesting. Considering Seo-sensei was inspired by 5-toubun, it's no wonder that the series feels a lot like it. Add Kakkou to Iinazuke to the mix, and it feels like you have this show figured. 

Got to give credit to Seo-sensei for the amazing character designs and wonderful choice of clothing options, though. Feels like it's right up his alley, lol. I remember reading some of his other works and his art style really stands out so maybe I'll check out some of the manga panels of this series too, purely for research purposes, I assure you. 

Great Op & ED for this first cour too, btw. Hoping for some quality ones in the upcoming half as well!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 2023 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
What the…?! When does this become "How I met your mother"? XD
Can't waiting for the next season.

And about the mother… The only surprise would be "Airhead" Ami.
I don't hate her, but still…
NoHeartJun 24, 2023 8:38 PM
My candies:
Jun 25, 2023 3:19 AM

Nov 2015
I wonder why they announced a season 2 after they showed an open ending where Hayato is married to one of them
Jun 25, 2023 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
Some parallels to 5Hanayome with some eps being either a hit or a miss but I like how the mc isn't competely oblivious to the girls feelings like most harem romcoms. While I root for Akane, I hope at least they won't make Ami be Hayato's wife as she was the most obnoxious one

Jun 25, 2023 8:50 AM

Jun 2016
long haired shiraguki is easy win !!!
from that future daughter , i believe it was shiraguki is the mother !!
Jun 25, 2023 1:16 PM
Apr 2023
me dejo a medias quiero mas
Jun 25, 2023 1:32 PM
Jun 2022
I Fucking hate the endings
Jun 25, 2023 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
Overall a light 7/10 for me mostly based on main characters alone being on the good side, the cafe/world setting was rather boring.

Have no hype for season two.
Jun 25, 2023 7:08 PM
Feb 2023
which chapter should i start after watch the anime?
Jun 25, 2023 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
I'm proud to say this is my 900th completed anime. EASILY one of the best harem anime I've ever seen. So fucking glad this is getting a season 2

8/10

Btw Riho and Akane are tied for best girl for me
Jun 25, 2023 11:30 PM
Feb 2022
THE GREATEST HAREM ANIME/MANGA OFF ALL TIME GCT PERIOD
Jun 26, 2023 12:20 AM

Feb 2021
The ending really hilarious but now we know the backstory of his grandma.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 26, 2023 1:42 AM

Feb 2010
Translation really "dropped the ball" on including the double meaning smh
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 26, 2023 4:32 AM
Jun 2022
Amo demais esse anime, espero que ele fique com a Akane, apesar que se ele ficar com qualquer uma ficaria feliz, cada menina tem suas particularidades e isso mostra que cabe a qualquer uma ficar com ele, diferente do anime das quintuplas, em que o prota tinha que ter ficado com a Ninu
Jun 26, 2023 7:45 PM
Jan 2022
Absolutely loved it! Every episode my made laugh and give ideas with food.
Jun 27, 2023 10:11 PM

Jul 2014
Shiragiku episode!!! Man, now I want her long hair back xD. I love her horny side, happy to have seen it one last time.

I'm not really a fan of the flashforward, it kind of kills my little hopes for a harem ending.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. At the beginning of the series my best girl was Shiragiku but by the end Akane completely won my heart. Kiku is still up there though, Riho really improved the first impression I had of her, Ouka is still too tsun and Ami is Ami. Secret best girl is Dagashi lady though. Her swimsuit still lives in my mind... damn <3.

Girls aside, this was a pretty fun harem romcom with some nice fan service and a good lead. I'm glad we're getting more.
Jun 28, 2023 7:45 AM
Mar 2021
Jun 28, 2023 10:48 AM
Nov 2021
BEST GIRL SHIRAGIKU
Jun 29, 2023 2:21 AM

Nov 2022
PEAK ENTERTAINMENT

Akane best girl ofc, although seeing the three girls compete for Hayato is pretty fun too.

Now we wait for the next season!
Jun 30, 2023 6:19 AM

Aug 2017
Akane for the win. Riho second. Then Ouka, then Shiragiku then Ami.

But, the little girl looks like Ami.

An ok Quints knockoff. But not nearly as good. Pretty good fanservice though

SkyLETV said:
I'm not really a fan of the flashforward, it kind of kills my little hopes for a harem ending.

Akane completely won my heart. Kiku is still up there though, Riho really improved the first impression I had of her, Ouka is still too tsun and Ami is Ami.

Harem ending is always the best ending.

Yeah Akane owns. And Ouka is too tsun.
CarbonMDJun 30, 2023 6:22 AM
Jun 30, 2023 6:27 AM

Aug 2017
Unkrowned said:
Some parallels to 5Hanayome with some eps being either a hit or a miss but I like how the mc isn't competely oblivious to the girls feelings like most harem romcoms. While I root for Akane, I hope at least they won't make Ami be Hayato's wife as she was the most obnoxious one

Yeah well the obnoxious one won in Quints eh. And the little girl's hair was awfully blue. I did find Ami sufficiently hot though.
Jul 2, 2023 2:07 AM
Aug 2018
Biggest mistery is : Why does Ouka has the most favorite on MAL ? At the end of the season, Akane is clearly the winner, then Rio, then, Shiragiku/Ami then as the last place Ouka. Now, maybe, as a tsundere, she get better and cuter in the manga later ? (all the other girl have confessed to Hayato except for Ami but she's just a much funnier person to be around than Ouka). 
In any case, when the future daughter came up, I could only think of Ami in term of design/color panel. Maybe Rio in term of personality... I'm not really fan of timeskip, it seems unnecessary.  
Good to know there is a second season coming in 2024.
Hope best girl will win this time (yeah, looking at you 5Hanayome). 
Jul 3, 2023 5:46 AM

Apr 2012
at first i was like, he married the one he loved and they made a kid and lived happy ever after
but then i was like, nah, she just got too drunk, he got her pregnant and married her cose of that
Jul 3, 2023 6:22 AM
Apr 2022
That scene from the future is what will probably happen,or just Shiragiku started thinking about the “what if”?
Jul 3, 2023 11:46 AM

Jul 2019
Shiragiku best girl (of the main girls that is. Overall best girl is the wagashi lady!) I liked this a lot more than I first expected. I thought it was going to be alot more boobs-in-face and panty flashing and it annoyed me at first, but I got invested in the characters instead.

9/10
Jul 3, 2023 9:34 PM
May 2020
I liked the end but I'm sad we didn't get any episode about Ami... she's just so energetic and funny that I can't help but smile whenever she's on-screen. EVERYBODY else got their own episode...
Jul 4, 2023 1:47 PM
Jun 2023
I think it is a fantastic episode
Jul 4, 2023 11:27 PM

May 2016
Pretty decent anime when it's not trying to do the cliché ecchi tropes. I enjoyed watching it more than I thought I would after the terrible first two episodes. Also, the MC is way better than your typical harem MC.

Btw, that's some crazy foreshadowing on this last episode. It not only confirms that he chose one of the 5 girls but also the fact that the middle-school age daughter don't even know about the other 4 girls. Does that mean that the other 4 girls got their heart broken and haven't been in contact for over 15 years? Or it might just be that he kept their existence a secret from his daughter. Either way, I'm most likely not gonna like the ending of this work just like the endings of Gotoubun or BokuBen. Good harem shows with true harem endings are kinda rare I guess.

Finally, it might be just me, but the daughter looked a lot like Ouka from my perspective.

Jul 6, 2023 7:56 AM
Mar 2017
Rukodaime91 said:
Biggest mistery is : Why does Ouka has the most favorite on MAL ?

The same reason ituski from the questionable quintuplets had the most favorite at first, cus she's the center girl/ main girl vibe, not want to spoil but this is probably gonna change in season 2
Jul 6, 2023 9:34 PM

Feb 2020
Ah yes, harem shows. My guilty pleasure. It's been a while since I've watched a genuinely good harem show. It was a great and enjoyable show, 8/10, hoping to see more in season 2

Edit: oh ya also, his grandma's backstory actually made me tear up a bit :'( that personally hit me deeply because of something similar to my private life that I won't share
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2023 11:19 PM
May 2019
yveltalkyogre said:
for me, this was a shitty trash anime which i hated.

Definitely a troll post because this is a 10/10 for certain.
Jul 9, 2023 3:18 AM
Dec 2021
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
yveltalkyogre said:
for me, this was a shitty trash anime which i hated.

I specified that it was shitty for me, not for everyone.
Jul 9, 2023 4:44 AM
May 2019
yveltalkyogre said:
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

I specified that it was shitty for me, not for everyone.

But it's impossible. There's no way any human living in the world could dislike this. The universe would implode. Get it together, man! 😆
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

59 by ZuperZeko »»
Sep 27, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

65 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

42 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

58 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2023

87 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 23, 11:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.