Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 16, 2021 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
Fanservice? In my Super Cub anime? Wasn't expecting it, but I gladly welcome it! My respect for Reiko parading around in just her underwear has drastically risen! XD

Either way, Thunderbird Koguma went off to rescue Shii and thankfully, she wasn't hurt that badly. The fact that there was no attempt to call the emergency services was odd, but regardless of the issues here, Koguma got Shii out of the water and got her back to her home, and in her basket no less!

So yeah, I can understand the complaints here, but many here are heavily overreacting here. No way am I trying to downplay Shii's incident here, but the complaints here are far dumber than the worst writing in this series so far.

It was really good to see Koguma finally realising that Shii was one of the main inspirations of making her get the Super Cub in the first place and how the colours brightened up when Shii held Koguma's hands was a nice touch.

Koguma's not perfect at times, considering her sad backstory, but it's hard to deny how much she has grown as a character over the series. She can be socially awkward and, even with this episode, still gets too much criticism for being emotionless or even cold-hearted. Imagining Koguma with a more upbeat personality while having the same sad backstory sounds very mismatched to me. ^^;

Regardless, i still liked this episode and I do approve of the use of Vivaldi at the beginning. I do look forward to Koguma and Reiko showing Shii the cherry blossoms next time. =)
Jun 16, 2021 2:22 PM

Apr 2018
Koguma rescued her with a slap on the face, that was gold..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 16, 2021 2:35 PM

Sep 2007
OK, real talk? Remember how a few episodes ago this series had a nontroversy about illegal riding?

This episode's cold open should have had "DO NOT DO THIS IN REAL LIFE" plastered all over it.

Moving on, I love the Reiko/Koguma relationship dynamic 😆 I try not to watch this series through a lens of yuri bait, but it's RIGHT THERE
Jun 16, 2021 2:48 PM
Apr 2021
syncrogazer said:
What the fuck. Are they serious with this 'you have to do it yourself' shit. "I didn't call for help." Is she a sadist?

Seriously what the fuck. Shii should just cut ties with these people, they're idiots (and most likely sociopaths). Incredibly dumb episode.

I read in a guide book in my company’s first aid kit that says that you can move an injured person if they’re in a serious or life threatening situation.

If Koguma just called for an ambulance and just waited for them to arrive, Shii might have suffered (or even died) from Hyperthermia.
Jun 16, 2021 2:57 PM

Sep 2017
This ep was pretty wholesome but if I wanna be serious for a moment gotta say it's pretty dumb that she didn't call anyone for help (except Reiko to get her bike??) like bruh I was just waiting for them to call her parents at least. An ambulance sure but I guess if she was able to climb out of that ditch with Koguma's help she prob didn't need one.
Jun 16, 2021 3:15 PM

Apr 2018
Im glad that Shii-Chan had no bottly injuries falling off into the river. Its really funny how Reiko just messes around in Koguma's house xD
Jun 16, 2021 3:20 PM
Sep 2018
1) They are young. And used to fending for themselves. That can explain (account for, make it comprehensible, without saying it was wise) a lot.
2) Not informing anyone she was heading out to rescue Shii [i]was]/i[ dumb, yes. We could have ended up with two in need of rescue with no one aware it was a possibility.
3) That said, given the weather, etc., not leaving it to others who were most likely far more distant from the scene and who wouldn't have been able to use any transport down the trail wasn't the idiocy it might seem; time was of the essence. Still, inform the proper folks of what's going on first! See (1)...
4) In regard to Shii being able to crawl up the steep incline with help, while not having been able to get up while in the water...shock reactions can be weird.

After it was all over, someone should have been read the riot act about not informing others in advance of heading out herself, yes.

There was some Ragtime played part way through, yes? I enjoyed that.
Jun 16, 2021 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
I will ignore the fact that this episode wasn't the smartest of things happening. I just didn't feel any urgency in how Koguma handled the situation, not calling any emergency services. Let alone having Shii in the front basket, while already suffering Hypothermia.

That aside, I am just glad Shii-chan is alright. Rip the Alex Moulton. That bicycle seems to be beyond repair. I just love Reiko walking in the room naked like it was the most normal thing to do in Koguma's apartment.

Pretty emotional moment with Shii-chan and I totally feel her, Winter sucks at times!

So damn, Kogashima as the final episode? Count me excited, still a place I have to visit. So sad there's only 1 episode left though :(
Jun 16, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2017
ImmortalZero said:
It started with breaking the laws which slowly escalated to other things I just don't know what this anime is trying to do.

sell super cubs, obviously. didn't you know that you can do anything and go anywhere on a super cub? they only say practically every episode.

Ryansojo said:
If Koguma just called for an ambulance and just waited for them to arrive, Shii might have suffered (or even died) from Hyperthermia.

Shii probably would've already had it from however long she was laying in that cold river, and she definitely would've gotten hypothermia just from being driven down the road in cold, wet clothes with zero protection from the wind.
BloodglasJun 16, 2021 3:41 PM
Jun 16, 2021 3:37 PM
Apr 2021
Weasalopes said:
1) They are young. And used to fending for themselves. That can explain (account for, make it comprehensible, without saying it was wise) a lot.
2) Not informing anyone she was heading out to rescue Shii [i]was]/i[ dumb, yes. We could have ended up with two in need of rescue with no one aware it was a possibility.
3) That said, given the weather, etc., not leaving it to others who were most likely far more distant from the scene and who wouldn't have been able to use any transport down the trail wasn't the idiocy it might seem; time was of the essence. Still, inform the proper folks of what's going on first! See (1)...
4) In regard to Shii being able to crawl up the steep incline with help, while not having been able to get up while in the water...shock reactions can be weird.

After it was all over, someone should have been read the riot act about not informing others in advance of heading out herself, yes.

There was some Ragtime played part way through, yes? I enjoyed that.

Nice post. You might also want to read this.
Jun 16, 2021 3:50 PM
May 2021
Ryansojo said:
syncrogazer said:
What the fuck. Are they serious with this 'you have to do it yourself' shit. "I didn't call for help." Is she a sadist?

Seriously what the fuck. Shii should just cut ties with these people, they're idiots (and most likely sociopaths). Incredibly dumb episode.

I read in a guide book in my company’s first aid kit that says that you can move an injured person if they’re in a serious or life threatening situation.

I doubt anyone finds fault with getting her out of an icy cold river. It's every part after.
Jun 16, 2021 4:01 PM

Dec 2016
When Koguma looked up at her cub in the river I thought they were gonna have her try to warm up Shii using heat from the engine/exhaust. Would have been completely in line with how they've hyped up super cubs for the past 10 episodes.

Instead she lets her friend sit by herself, by the side of the road, clothes drenched in close to freezing cold water, without even offering her own jacket/overall after despite Shii having nearly passed out from hypothermia moments ago, while making a phone call...

Man, I've loved this series so far, but the first five minutes of this episode is a prime example of how you shouldn't handle when someone just spent several minutes in freezing water.
Jun 16, 2021 4:08 PM

Sep 2018
lol, more garbage. Worst episode yet from the worst anime of this season. Worst Female MC ever? Can't believe people are comparing this to Yuru Camp. Can't wait till this crap is over, only one more episode to sit through, then I'll rate it low where it belongs.

Jun 16, 2021 4:40 PM

Jun 2019
HDYEP said:
Instead she lets her friend sit by herself, by the side of the road, clothes drenched in close to freezing cold water, without even offering her own jacket/overall after despite Shii having nearly passed out from hypothermia moments ago, while making a phone call...

I would have been extremely shocked to see something like that transpire in this series. It goes against Koguma's character/nature. She's not like that at all. She was and still is quite insular.
Jun 16, 2021 4:57 PM

Aug 2020
Aw this was so wholesome (and VERY dangerous, but let's not talk about this). Koguma and Reiko were took care of Shii, and made her feel warm and happy. She was finally saved, waiting a week for it was tough. I'm glad they will see the sakuras together in the next episode! I wanna see them riding bikes together.

Shii's parents are so kind. It's good to see that the characters bondings are growing just fine.

Vivaldi playing in the background was a good choice.
KitsuFrostJun 16, 2021 5:04 PM

Jun 16, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2016
Ryansojo said:

'Moving an injured person' isn't the same as 'force them to climb up a hill by themselves.' She didn't even remove her wet clothes, so what she did was definitely more deadly than simply trying to warm her up and waiting for professional help to arrive.

Of course, this whole thing could have been avoided if they just had Shii scrape a knee or mess up her bike a little. Then the rest of the episode might have actually been enjoyable. Since a traumatic near death experience doesn't usually lead to cute shenanigans.
Jun 16, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2014
It was a nice episode but I do question the way they handled the emergency situation. She definitely needed help, even if Shii called Koguma, I would've expected Koguma to call the emergency number.

Well, it worked out. I found it amusing when she put Shii in the basket. xD

The final scene with Koguma's monologue about Shii was very sweet.
Jun 16, 2021 6:28 PM
May 2017
ImmortalZero said:
I gotta say this episode must be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while... I just don't know what this anime is trying to do.

I agree but I do know what this anime is doing. It is clearly showing adolescence. Shii, Koguma and Reiko are adolescents, behave like adolescents and it is adorable despite the occasional risk. As we grow older, we become more and more concerned with the failsafe, the proper and the safety. Today, at 45 years old, I would never do half the things I did when I was an adolescent. Finally, the chemistry among the three girls is one of the things to cherish in this anime.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 16, 2021 6:34 PM
May 2017
syncrogazer said:
Are they serious with this 'you have to do it yourself' shit.

Koguma did not have enough strength to carry Shii up the river bank.

syncrogazer said:
"I didn't call for help."

Because adolescence.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 16, 2021 6:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
ImmortalZero said:
I gotta say this episode must be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while...
> calls her koguma instead of emergency numbers
> koguma doesn't even call for an ambulance or police
> letting Shii ride on the basket
> all the cub talking makes it sound like they all have brain problems

like hell Shii fell off a cliff! She could have had a broken bone somewhere, but no! Just take a bath and you'll be fine... It started with breaking the laws which slowly escalated to other things I just don't know what this anime is trying to do.
Thank you for laying it out. I understand that this is a clear and elaborate advertisement campaign, but come on make some sense from a narrative stand point.

At this point the finale is probably going to be Shii either buying or being gifted a new cub, because "Cubs solve everything, even flawed plots and interactions".
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 16, 2021 6:55 PM

Apr 2020
What's colder?

( ) Winter (x) Koguma

Nice Vivaldi on the beginning. I just laughed so hard when Koguma slapped Shii's face.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 16, 2021 7:02 PM

May 2020
Shii: are the ambulance or the police coming?
Koguma: I didn't call them
lol, what is the logic with this girl
i get that she is cold and all but my god someone's life is on the line
Jun 16, 2021 7:18 PM

Mar 2019
Emptyness comes back next week...

Last Episode ;n;
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 16, 2021 7:42 PM
Oct 2018
There's two things about this episode I just have to highlight

1- The 'fanservice' scenes were managed in a way so natural and coerent that calling them fanservice is unrespectful

2- The drama scene with Shii crying was surprisingly well directed. Considering that Super Cub is practically the first relevant job as series director for Toshirou Fujii, he's getting off quite well. Though there could be better photographies, and the series desperately needed a better character designer/animation director in order to supervise the consistency of the animation that is quite dubious, the building of the scenes and the fluidity of Super Cub are both highly above my expectations
Akkarin! Hai!
Jun 16, 2021 8:09 PM

Sep 2014
I'm speechless, this is the dumbest thing I have seen in a while, and I can't believe people try to justify any of her actions. Of course it's anime and there are no consecuense at all, not injury at all, because the power of magic bike saves the day, but that doesn't make it less awful. I would spect this kind of shit from a shonen
, but not here.

At least we know now who not to call, never, if you need assistance and appreciate your own life.
joexmdqJun 16, 2021 8:36 PM
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Jun 16, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2020
Reiko Waifu!
Great episode showing concern to one another.
A little bit fanservice and it was fire!!
lets go last episode!!

Jun 16, 2021 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
That's it, boys. Cubs save lives!!

Worst episode alongside the "Reiko goes suicidal and tries to climb Mt. Fuji" one. Not to mention this time they went full advertisement without a care in the world. I mean, who cares about common sense or characters suddenly acting dumber than usual when your only purpose is to highlight how awesome a Cub is?

So... Koguma's Cub being added to the characters list when?
SouthRzVaJun 16, 2021 10:00 PM
Jun 16, 2021 9:59 PM

Jan 2021
I can't believe she actually did it...

Jun 16, 2021 10:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The first part really amusing actually. Its raising more controversy here. No surprise, considering the users here really like to talk about some silly part. Remember, ladies and gentlemen, its just a fiction. Peak fiction.

The second part reach a wholesome vibe again, with all of those blossom shiny color suddenly coming from the flat girl, Koguma. Different much from the previous part, with all of those gloomy color all around, with a lot of dark surrounding them. Thats being said, Shii asking nicely to Koguma about going out into those cherry blossom places together. While on the other hand, Koguma was the one whose pretty much awaiting to those moment to be happened in the first place. Because, the little girl actually the one behind her transformation. How cute. So, that's it all. Forget those first part already goddamn you. Shii was safe and healthy, why you fret much about such a little things? God bless Reiko little fanservice, though.

Thats all i want to say. Final episode, here i come!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 16, 2021 11:20 PM

Jul 2015
rasterman7 said:
ImmortalZero said:

like hell Shii fell off a cliff! She could have had a broken bone somewhere, but no! Just take a bath and you'll be fine... It started with breaking the laws which slowly escalated to other things I just don't know what this anime is trying to do.
Thank you for laying it out. I understand that this is a clear and elaborate advertisement campaign, but come on make some sense from a narrative stand point.

At this point the finale is probably going to be Shii either buying or being gifted a new cub, because "Cubs solve everything, even flawed plots and interactions".

It is a slice of life anime, where Super Cub is the twist. Obviously it had to play a big role and they had to shoehorn it, while in fact it didn't made much sense. Koguma should just call for professional Emergency Rescue, remove wet clothes from Shi and wait. But when she placed her in the basket and then said "Thank my Cub, not me", it became quite obvious what is going on.

It is not the first time there had a drama about this show, that it gives bad real life example.

Jun 16, 2021 11:42 PM

Feb 2019
ImmortalZero said:

My thoughts exactly! For such a realistic anime (at least compared to others), this episode didn't make sense at all. Koguma acted weird with all this "Don't thank me, thank my Cub" and her lack of emotions and Shii's decision to call Koguma (why Koguma?!) instead of her parents or an emergency number was dumb indeed. Plus, what was she doing with her phone there when the water was shallow and she eventually managed to climb by herself just fine?! I don't know who thought this episode would help. Super Cub didn't need such a thing, it was fine up until now, we weren't expecting action.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Jun 17, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2020
So the message of this episode is "If you got fell in the cliff, don't call a police/ambulance! Fuck them! Call your friend first!"

But seriously tho I liked the classical music in the beginning.
Jun 17, 2021 3:07 AM

Dec 2020
??? what the hell was the point of this episode? reiko fanservice? koguma and reiko getting free shit from the cafe for a year? koguma rescuing shi was so stupid, she shouldve called someone first, putting shi in the basket, and having her voice be calm with the intense bg music made me not take the scene seriously.
Jun 17, 2021 3:09 AM

May 2020
i liked how shii cleaning the dishes and act very shy went koguma asking abt drying her panties as if she wasnt the one that had an accident. \

logic, where u at?
Jun 17, 2021 3:49 AM

May 2020
Piromysl said:
Well, it's nice to see Koguma trying and everything ending up being well, but she was completely incompetent.
Not sure why she was stalling so much, while in case of hypothermia every second matters.

Btw, It's funny to see you guys expecting SNK level of writing, in this clearly goofy SOL, who is mainly focusing on it's twist. Xd

no one said anything abt snk bro, ppl are just mad at how stupid that first 10 mins was lol
Jun 17, 2021 3:53 AM

Jul 2015
Natsude_tanaka said:
Piromysl said:
Well, it's nice to see Koguma trying and everything ending up being well, but she was completely incompetent.
Not sure why she was stalling so much, while in case of hypothermia every second matters.

Btw, It's funny to see you guys expecting SNK level of writing, in this clearly goofy SOL, who is mainly focusing on it's twist. Xd

no one said anything abt snk bro, ppl are just mad at how stupid that first 10 mins was lol

Do I really need to explain this metaphor? Are we really there?

Jun 17, 2021 4:05 AM
Mar 2011
syncrogazer said:

Yeah, I thought about this after I posted and edited that bit out. Other than that, it's still an awful scene.

I agree with "this isn't the way you should threat such a situation!".
Could it be she just haven't received any teaching in "call the medics/police" and other first aid areas at all? Well, she is also a teenager after all. Remembering myself at an age of 21 when I've hit(and broken, as it appeared later) my hand... I still walked a lot, used it to take off the roller boots(yeap, I was still riding them after hitting the ground) and only on the way back home I've thought "maybe I should visit the doctor nearby?". So, Koguma's actions are wrong, very wrong. Yet believable. Still wrong. Same goes for Shii.
ArdRaeissJun 17, 2021 4:18 AM
Jun 17, 2021 4:09 AM

Oct 2007
so apparently, Shii has healing powers, so no need to go to the hospital and check for fractures.

also, with her Moulton bike destroyed, the granny bike is awkward. Why not buy a Cub? the brainwashing of viewers continue. lol
Jun 17, 2021 5:11 AM

Oct 2016
Yo that soundtrack at beginning though. Koguma could have definitely helped her in a better way but that was pretty on brand with her character. Though I think waiting for an ambulance or police would have been bad as well, maybe after being brought to Koguma's home to heat up and then the ambulance can check on her there. Koguma really bitch slapped Shii and put Shii on her basket like she said she was gonna do lmao. It all ended well anyway so whatever, at the end of the day it's just fiction.

Reiko really walking around naked on Koguma's home, that didn't really feel like fanservice to me, it felt natural. Seeing Shii sad was pretty sad, if they said cubs can change seasons I probably would have bought one right now lmao. The end was really sweet with Shii being the reason for Koguma's destiny as a cub rider, hoping to see some cherry blossoms on the last episode. I am going to miss Koguma, Reiko and Shii.

Everytime they say Super Cub is hilarious though, the ad is real. Really looking forward to the last episode.

Also forgot to mention that it's pretty noticeable through Koguma's facial experssions that she was blaming herself for getting Shii in danger, because she was trying to catch up to them, but of course knowing our girl she's not gonna show that on the outside.
sKyBlazer08Jun 17, 2021 8:40 AM
Jun 17, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2007
forgot to say.. the "thank my cub, not me" was totally cringe. This is easily the worst episode in the show. Worse than the crazy mount fuji climb that proved Reiko is indestructible, but not her cub.
Jun 17, 2021 6:16 AM

Dec 2018
My brave heroine saves her damsel in distress. And then carried her in her strong arms like she is her princess or even better! Her little lesbian bride!,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Koguma brought her little bride back home. Reiko wanted to join in and got naked hehehehehe. But most importantly I am so proud of my angel Koguma and how fast she reacted to Shii's late reaction shock, Gently holding her girlfriend in her arms ❤❤ And I didn't see any extra futons!! So I just have to assume all the lesbians were sleeping in the same bed and was kissing all night long,,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And to top of this wonderful Yuri cake. Shii run-up to her savior heroine and to be her future wife. The lesbian lovebirds were holding hands for over 1 minute looking at each other deep in the eyes. More than less asking her to be her cherry blossom! Koguma's world lighted up! She started to blush and said yes. It was so romantic❤❤

Omg that episode was so gay. I love it

Yuri-CrusaderJun 17, 2021 9:33 AM
Jun 17, 2021 6:20 AM
Dec 2017
rasterman7 said:

She doesn't even have a driver's license, plus season finale is literally in the end of OP.
Jun 17, 2021 6:33 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Sondfer said:
rasterman7 said:

She doesn't even have a driver's license, plus season finale is literally in the end of OP.
Ok, but she could still get a license just like Koguma did, right? It's not really far-fetched. Although now that you mention the OP, that probably won't happen at least on screen.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 17, 2021 7:18 AM

Nov 2013
This is probably the dumbest, most idiotic episode of the entire show! I still like this anime and the ending of the episode was definitely better, but the start of the episode just crosses the line with its stupidity... and ruins the overall experience to some degree - At least to me.
This actually reminded me of THAT scene from "Sora yori mo Tooi Basho"
That was insanely stupid and I don't know why the director though it was a good idea to show this to us... Sadly, the sour taste from such dumb moments tend to stay in the memory forever...

Back to this show:

1)Why didn't Shii call rescue or one of the parents herself, instead of calling Koguma? - Don't know/remember numbers? Lines were busy? What could've been the reason?!
2)Since it turns out Shii was capable of standing up and climbing a slope with a little help from Koguma (and, considering no bones were broken; not even bruises. She didn't even stagger once!), why didn't she at least roll or crawl away from the freezing, yet shallow and calm river??? Makes no sense!
3)Koguma was so inconsiderate during the entire rescue, god! She was painful to tolerate... Honestly she felt like she was forced into this rescue mission and would rather be doing something else!
4)Koguma also didn't call any help and nearly fell in the same trap as Shii did... Dumb! What is she got injured as well? What if Shii was actually paralyzed, bleeding or a bone was sticking out of her leg! Didn't think that far? Did she foresaw that the accident wouldn't be too serious? What if it was? You'd be wasting valuable time and she could've died as a result! Dumb...
5)Koguma doesn't immediately cover a soaked, freezing girl to warm her up!!! Hypothermia isn't a joke! Too egoistic? or just plain stupid? "Shii's freezing, I need to warm her up!" Why wasn't this the first thing that crossed her mind??? Dangerously dumb, I'd say...
6)Koguma just drags the injured girl from the river "to safety". Dragging and moving an injured person WHO APPARENTLY isn't able to move on her own is really SMART! Sarcasm aside, it is the easiest and stupidest way to ensure the injured person DIES or gets paralyzed for LIFE! Never carelessly move an injured person unless their lives are at an immediate threat; otherwise you may become the reason they die - NOT the initial accident!
7)Koguma's stupid "are you all right?", "are you alive?" questions just added more fuel to the "hate fire" brought to me by this episode. -_- YOU shouldn't be asking these retarded questions right now! Cover her up with something before she freezes to death, god damn it!!!
8)Koguma puts a freezing, soaked girl AT THE FRONT of the bike!!! How inconsiderate and stupid can you be??? You have spent good amount of time and money on protecting yourself from the cold coming from the FRONT of the vehicle while driving in the winter!!! You should know very well how freezing it should be to drive without cover from the front! Do you really want to save her or are you making sure she DIES???
9) "Don't thank me, thank the cub" - Shii should thank Jesus, Allah, buddha that she survived "help" from someone as incompetent and stupid as Koguma!

Koguma is a type of person who helps you but makes you feel very miserable to have "forced her" into helping you. Well, at least she doesn't make you feel like you owe her your life! - Oh wait... she and her friend casually accept the "free shit for 1 year" coupon from Shii's parents. Do you have no dignity? Can you actually enjoy free shit considering how you earned it? Doesn't it make you feel guilty profiting from an accident where 1)Koguma could've easily killed Shii 2)Reiko - All you did was bring the broken bike back to Shii!!!

Gosh...

And Shii's "use your cub to take winter away"... God, the cringe!!!

Very disappointed...
Sigmar-UnberogenJun 17, 2021 7:28 AM
Jun 17, 2021 7:21 AM

Mar 2016
ArdRaeiss said:
I agree with "this isn't the way you should threat such a situation!".Could it be she just haven't received any teaching in "call the medics/police" and other first aid areas at all? Well, she is also a teenager after all. Remembering myself at an age of 21 when I've hit(and broken, as it appeared later) my hand... I still walked a lot, used it to take off the roller boots(yeap, I was still riding them after hitting the ground) and only on the way back home I've thought "maybe I should visit the doctor nearby?". So, Koguma's actions are wrong, very wrong. Yet believable. Still wrong. Same goes for Shii.

I get what you're saying, and it's possible. But her attitude made it seem like she was forcing Shii to take care of herself, like some kind of punishment. The whole thing played out with this uncomfortably dark humor and I didn't see a scared teenager who doesn't know what to do. I saw a psychopath, without any hesitation, yelling at an injured friend. Shii seemed terrified to learn that nobody else was called, so yeah, it's hard for me to see it as just dumb kids. I didn't see negligence, I saw callousness.

Now, I think the point of the scene was to have Shii and Koguma grow closer through a scary experience, prove the superiority of the Cub™, and complete the joke of putting Shii in the basket. But, because of how the scene played out and how deadly the situation actually was, it just comes across as weird and makes the characters seem deranged. Of course the characters were always weird, but this just looks like mental illness. Like I said in another post, if the situation wasn't so dire I think the scene could have worked. But judging from what I've seen of the manga, Koguma's character is written to be extremely antisocial and even violent. I think it's just a weirdly written franchise, and t wasn't until now that we see that expressed clearly, and the consequences that has on scenes like this.
syncrogazerJun 17, 2021 7:31 AM
Jun 17, 2021 7:51 AM
Jul 2020
Relatkaa vähän! Tämä sarja on fiktiota eikä ketään sattunut oikeasti. Eikä kukaan tule ottamaan mallia tästä sarjasta.
Jun 17, 2021 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
aaaa the yuri vibers were soooo strong in this episode ehe
Jun 17, 2021 8:11 AM

May 2019
The first few minutes with intense violin play behind the dramatic scene. After that I just got very sleepy with the overall tone of the show especially the wintery scenery and the girls aren't that interesting except for Reiko probably.

Jun 17, 2021 8:22 AM

Jun 2019
lizzziziz said:
??? what the hell was the point of this episode? reiko fanservice?

You say that as if it in and of itself wouldn't be enough...
Jun 17, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2014
Moral of the story: being reckless in winter conditions is okay if you have a Super Cub, but not if you have any other type of bike whatsoever.

All sarcasm aside, considering the potential severity of Shii's situation, Koguma's response was alarmingly lacking in any sort of urgency whatsoever. Call emergency services to help, or even just to check Shii hasn't suffered any sort of injury? Nope. Spend a solid two minutes standing at the top of the hill with a girl suffering from hypothermia, talking to her but doing nothing to get her somewhere warm quickly? Of course. I can accept that, in all likelihood, Koguma has never encountered hypothermia before and so doesn't understand how severe it is (though she clearly understood that letting Shii fall asleep was a bad idea), but it's still somewhat jarring how unconcerned she seemed to be once she got Shii out of the river.

Actually, the tone of that whole scene was really weird, as if Koguma was mad at Shii for falling into the river and getting injured: there was an odd tension throughout due to how quiet and prolonged everything was, combined with Koguma's usual lack of visible or audible emotion. For most of the show, that aspect of Koguma has helped us empathise with her, but in this one instance it has the exact opposite effect (and almost certainly the exact opposite effect of what was intended).

Also, any reason that Shii herself didn't call emergency services or even her parents? I thought they'd justify it by saying she was worried about being scolded or something, but nothing of that sort was said and so it comes across as entirely irrational for Shii to call Koguma. I guess the idea is that she's not thinking straight cos of shock and the cold, but if so that isn't conveyed as well as the show hoped for it to be.

Also, and I'll fully admit I'm now just moving into nitpick territory, why didn't anyone call Shii's parents that evening to tell them at least where she was, if not necessarily what happened? You'd think they'd be worried sick when she didn't come home as expected, but apparently no one thought to tell them anything to alleviate those concerns. The way the show presents it, with Shii's father giving them the "year's free coffee card" the next morning, suggests that they only explained everything when they returned Shii home the next day.

And yet, despite all that, the moment where the colour palette brightened as Koguma realised the strength of her friendship with Shii still landed perfectly and showcased this show at its absolute best. The fact it can still pull that off after another odd episode is truly impressive.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

129 by Myetx »»
Sep 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

108 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2021

68 by mo_lave »»
Aug 24, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2021

100 by mo_lave »»
Aug 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2021

81 by Romax24245 »»
Aug 18, 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.