Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 8, 2020 5:58 PM

Oct 2018
Never tried one of these before, but I'll stay for that DBZ reference lol.
Oct 8, 2020 6:00 PM
Jun 2017
nice episode as we have some 1st person narration of whats happening with this one. well lets see where theyre friendship will lead them...
Oct 8, 2020 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
Production value is insane. Where was this during Quintuplets? I would've 100% welcomed them doing season 2 if they would've had this level of quality in there!

I am glad I picked this show up, I almost skipped it. It looks really pretty, the voice acting is great, and so is the music. I just hope the plot picks up after this first episode, it seemed just a bit dry for me.
Oct 8, 2020 6:46 PM
Oct 2018
This is my first shoujo ai series, but the premier was really impressing. Character chemistry is legitimate and I felt like the script and direction hit the right tone on capturing their relation both through character interaction and through some more subtle takes, always avoiding being too expositive btw. Art is really good by now, hope Tezuka Productions can keep the quality. Just felt like there were too much tights.
Akkarin! Hai!
Oct 8, 2020 6:52 PM
Feb 2018
Honestly I was really impressed with this. I can't wait to watch these characters unfold. The atmosphere feels super gentle and the main leads are really fun to watch. I can't wait for the next episode :)
Oct 8, 2020 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
Nice visuals and i like the interactions between the characters.
Watching this episode was so relaxing,
I like it so far, good first episode.
Oct 8, 2020 8:18 PM

May 2008
This was probably the most boring first episode to any shoujo ai I've ever watched. Very slow and draggy. Was having difficulty paying attention and not falling asleep..which sucks cause I love shoujo ai. I'll keep watching but I dunno if it's gonna keep being so dry.

Oct 8, 2020 8:44 PM

Nov 2015
I was kinda hyped for this, since the PV and the Poster are so pretty, but I have to say that the anime was quite disappointing. I liked Adachi and Shimamura, but shimamura’s friends were kinda obnoxious, and all the ecchi scenes felt out of place.
Like, seriously, great script, but those ecchi shots of their legs, boobs and thighs made me lose all of the immersion. I felt really annoyed.
I’ll just keep watching for now, but my hype was completely destroyed.
Oct 8, 2020 8:47 PM

Oct 2016
Oh damn, that was fantastic I enjoyed the hell out of that. The art style is really beautiful and the 2 main girls has great chemistry. What's the deal with that smol astronaut though lmao.

This is one of the shows that impressed me so far this season definitely and I am watching a shit ton of shows this season. That dragon ball reference though.

Overall, I am Interested.
Oct 8, 2020 9:02 PM

Apr 2020
This anime is very relaxing to watch, and Adachi is really pretty.
Oct 8, 2020 9:11 PM
Apr 2020
It was a very good show. I'm actually smiling the entire time it was played. I already expected that it's going to be according to real situations. I mean, it's more realistic than any yuri/shoujo ai genres I have seen. So hoping that the second episode is gonna do well also. I guess it's gonna be Adachi's pov. I love Adachi from novel to manga now here.
Oct 8, 2020 9:27 PM

Aug 2014
What a beautiful first episode. I could tell just be seeing the trailers, but it was even better than expected, the whole atmosphere was so relaxing, amazing art for both the characters and backgrounds, enjoyable and relaxing music, nice work from the VAs, great OP/ED. Everything was on point.

It's been a while since i've read the earlier volumes of the novel, so I can't tell how much they skip, but I'm glad they kept the characters inner monologues, i'm so looking forward to seeing Adachi's

katsu044 said:
i'm hoping this is actually gay and not bait i like the awkward/relaxing chemistry between the two leads and the way they look at each other at times has me hoping for the best

Don't worry, this is definitely yuri. But given the pacing in the LN, this show will probably enter the "season 2 waiting room" alongside Bloom into You.
Oct 8, 2020 9:41 PM

Jan 2017
Visuals are pretty, but it was a prettying laid back episode which is nice- though I wasn't expecting that at all.
Oct 8, 2020 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
I liked its beginning, art seems beautiful to me. I felt that uncomfortable moment when Shimamura was talking to his friends and Adashi stayed there, far away, haha that has happened to me since I am not very easy to fit into conversations with people I don't know, I always remain silent, but Shimamura felt uncomfortable for not being alone with Adashi. Good things are coming for the next chapter, it seems.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Oct 8, 2020 10:44 PM

Apr 2020
This one is gonna be a slow burner, for better and worse. AdaShi is one of my most anticipated animes this season, and it was JUST good. The art here is pleasant enough. VA-wise, it is decent as well. In terms of the characters, I like Adachi more than Shimamura because I think there is a lot to unpack for her character. As for the OP & ED, well that opening was shaky not gonna lie. I like the ED song much more.

My main question to the show is its pacing. This is much more slower compared to Bloom Into You & Citrus. And I appreciate laid-back shows if the atmosphere is warm enough, but in AdaShi's case it's still a bit lukewarm and the wind is kinda dry. Hopefully it builds up properly and can meet my up expectations, after all the coming seasons we're having a couple of Yuri shows back to back so hopefully AdaShi stands up to its own weight.

Oct 8, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2014
THIGS FOR EVERYONE YEEESSS!!!!!!

Jokes aside, this was a great first episode, I already love it. I like the chemistry between the protagonists, Adachi is way too adorable and I kind of relate to her.

Big boobs + glasses + Reina Ueda? Nagafuji already looking like best girl, damn. I like the main pair but the side pair is also great. By the way, what is up with that astronaut girl? lol.
Oct 8, 2020 10:57 PM

Nov 2014
Well, this was.... alright, but not too great so far. I hope I'll like it more later, I'm a big fan of queer romance, but till now, both characters seem really unlikeable to me. Also, that astronaut is giving me horrible "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko"- vibes, another anime that disappointed me a lot. The art is really adorable though! Will be staying up to date with this.
Oct 8, 2020 11:25 PM

Oct 2017
Marinate1016 said:
MegamiRem said:
Shoujo? Typo? Cause it's a Shoujo AI and not Shoujo.

>cause it’s shoujo ai not shoujo

Bruh. I’m sure you’re great at parties.
Shoujo and Shoujo Ai is like night day difference. Shoujo's target audience are teen girls while Shoujo Ai is Yuri. Dunno if u dun even know this basic knowledge. Next time dun mix up these genres.
MegamiRemOct 9, 2020 2:21 AM
Oct 8, 2020 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
Thighs shots are always appreciated but maybe the direction should avoid them if they really want to make a narrative feel genuinely serious. The same can be said for the other girl that gropes her friend every now and then but well. For the sake of good immersion, I mean.

Well, I had the manga on my PTR list for a while but at this point, I guess I will just watch the anime instead. This said, surprisingly heartfelt first episode. The two leads seem interesting, with some layer of depth to their personalities and an already charming chemistry shared by them. I guess I will end up liking Adachi more but that might be because of the captivating as well as mysterious vibe her character gives. I always had a weak side for those kind of girls, after all.

Anyways, this seems to be the beginning of a sweet but probably much deeper relationship between Adachi and Shimamura so I look forward to seeing how they will interact with each other from now on.

P.S.: Oh yes, I also don't get the point of the astronaut kid, by the way.
Oct 9, 2020 12:23 AM

Dec 2018
I love it <3
Hino makes me laugh a lot and the relation and the relationship that is being built between the two protagonists it's priceless.

Batteru!

Oct 9, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2011
Kfier said:
What a beautiful first episode. I could tell just be seeing the trailers, but it was even better than expected, the whole atmosphere was so relaxing, amazing art for both the characters and backgrounds, enjoyable and relaxing music, nice work from the VAs, great OP/ED. Everything was on point.

It's been a while since i've read the earlier volumes of the novel, so I can't tell how much they skip, but I'm glad they kept the characters inner monologues, i'm so looking forward to seeing Adachi's

katsu044 said:
i'm hoping this is actually gay and not bait i like the awkward/relaxing chemistry between the two leads and the way they look at each other at times has me hoping for the best

Don't worry, this is definitely yuri. But given the pacing in the LN, this show will probably enter the "season 2 waiting room" alongside Bloom into You.
well that's reassuring we need more proper yuri's been burned too many times
Oct 9, 2020 1:01 AM

Jun 2020
A Yuri/Shoujo Ai anime, let's gooo. Well, so far it's fine. There are some character development going on, some characters are pretty normal and generic so far, this is just the first episode so there's most probably going to be some more development in the future. I liked how some things were just normal and kind of unique for some reason, maybe it's the art. I actually really liked the artstyle and the animation, and the sequences where like the rain droplets become more exaggerated and like the time when they both were flying in the clouds on a bicycle. It was really cute. Plus, I noticed that it's pretty slow paced, slow and smooth, in a good way of course. I also noticed some very nice fanservice (or maybe I'm seeing things in a different way), I can't wait for the next episode because of the preview as well (don't mind my degeneracy). But well, so far it's fine.

I liked the ED.

6.5/10 or just 6/10. It's fine, but definitely better than the other "fine" shows airing this season. Looking forward to it.

Oct 9, 2020 1:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
First Shoujo Ai serialization, after seeing a fine movie of Frag Time. Honestly, I had some complicated feeling about these one. Its kinda held some mystery over that little astronaut, and the theme of it kinda held some serious matter at the end. The way of the preview looked strange too. Its even looks like they visited into some kind of the world of fantasy, rather just being a normal relations through the normal daily life. Was that true?

Oh, well, idk. This first kinda confused me much. But so far, their built up has been progressed pretty solid to me. The introduction to some certain characters, especially with the main duo girls were so well done. The reason of Adachi's kinda cut a bit, at a certain moment in the middle of the duration, while the direction went off by to Shimamura's pov again. Idk whats the deal about it. Its really intrigueing to see her pov rather than to Shimamura. Cause her side kinda held the mystery vibes more than Shimamura. Yeah, a quite loneliness girl really attached my heart very much in a flash. Lol. So, lets see how well they handled everything in the rest of the episodes.

Also, i just loved Shimamura's allegory about the relations, especially toward Adachi; A diving in the ocean. It seemed legit to me. She was obviously got attached very fast. Surely its brought out some phylosophical meaning behind it. Lol, i am too serious reacting to it. Her plane pose, tho, and Adachi's eyes while seeing her with that pose. Such a beautiful scene to be honestly, and i instantly love! My goals here to saw something more deeper.

As the first one, its held a nice way to started everything from the beginning. Were they ended up well? Could Adachi overcome her loneliness and became more honest with herself? Could Shimamura knew Adachi's life more than before? Or everything went by a sophystically meaningful finisher at the last punch? Interesting to see their way of life too! So, yeah, lets see all of their interaction ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 1:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Zarator said:
To be honest I like this way more than Bloom into You.

While Bloom into You wasn't bad per se, I still didn't like how it portrayed yuri relationships as something dramatic, mysteric and overall a bit forced - something which, alas, we've commonly seen in yuri anime, many of which are obviously of a worse ilk than YagaKimi such as NTR or Citrus.

Even though I feel and therefore agree to many that it's a little early to draw conclusions and comparisons, the point above perfectly addresses my opinion. YagaKimi was by no means bad but something a little more natural and easy-going was probably what I was looking for and this is hitting it right up there, lol.

As such, a solid first episode in my records. Art style and direction are brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll develop.

What's with that astronaut though xD.

Op and ED were quite decent too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2020 1:49 AM

Mar 2020
I really like the vibe and atmosphere that I got from watching this first episode. The visuals are done nicely, and it just feels calming to look at the backgrounds. I also like the chemistry between Adachi and Shimamura.

Oct 9, 2020 2:11 AM

May 2015
„Hino is a classmate who is a sort of a plain jane. She has never even dyed her hair before. She has never even shoplifted, either. She has apparantly never pulled the hair of a girl from another school, either.”

And the first thing this goody-goody Hino girl does is grab her grilfriend’s boobs in public.
IshitatesoOct 9, 2020 6:27 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Oct 9, 2020 2:45 AM

Jul 2020
Nice first episode to start with. Quite the relaxing and harmony atmosphere, yet enough tension to keep your hopes up the main characters end up together.

I want to see what this blooms into
Btw, what is the deal with the astronaut. I'm curious for next ep xD
Oct 9, 2020 4:51 AM
Apr 2020
p4rad0x- said:
I felt like this was going to be hard to adapt considering the source material, and I was pretty right about that, considering how it looks like they're doing a lot of cuts. Overall, I predict this to be a pretty average adaptation, falling somewhere between a 5 to a 6/10.

A bit of a disappointment personally, but I can't wait to see some of the major scenes animated. Please read the light novel if you like this.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think this was a solid adaption at least for episode 1 so far. They perfectly captured the conflict between Adachi and Shimamura after the bookstore scene and all the cuts were for unnecessary details. They also did a great job showing Yahisro early on so its not as confusing when she appears.
Oct 9, 2020 5:04 AM

Jun 2016
yuri is the best >,<
Oct 9, 2020 6:17 AM
May 2020
the art is really good in general, i love the use of soft colors and lights.
there is a surreal aura in some of the scenes (like when they ride the bike in the rain) but it has a realistic feel that keeps it grounded.

the story is just ok so far, no big turns except for the creepy astronaut. let's see what is that about, but i can say i don't really dig it so far. i'm guessing it's just there for comedic release...

anyway, it shows promise, could evolve to some interesting exploration on topics like friendship and/or love.
so far it seems like a wholesome show with lots of potential for character growth and emotional development. i'll make sure to watch episode 2.

if there is anything i didn't like at all is the sexualisation of young women (sadly so common this days).
there were so many shots of tighs and angles where you are pretty much almost looking at their pants.
maybe i am wrong about this and it all does have some actual connotation to the story other than softcore fanservicing, but it doesn't seem to be any right now.
i don't care for nude characters or sexual content, but i don't want it if it's not adding to the storytelling.
stop using women's body to sell! it's fucked up
Oct 9, 2020 6:30 AM

Dec 2018
It was so fucking good

The animations was gorgeous, great music lovely colours. Everything is top notch and I love the characters

Awwwww the lesbians are so cute together! Flirting like crazy,,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And I love that the preview for the next episode already indicates that we can expect a lot of physical contact between the lesbian lovebirds, and even a kiss later on ,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

This is gold imo and easily the best anime in 2020. At least for now

Yuri-CrusaderOct 9, 2020 6:56 AM
Oct 9, 2020 6:48 AM

Feb 2014
I love the first episode, it's feels like a cute wholesome yuri show different from yuri shows that we had recently. And I'm loving the art style, it just so beautiful.

Also the two main character are voiced by my two current favourite seiyuu.
Oct 9, 2020 7:00 AM

Feb 2010
Yashiro got too much screen time...
Oct 9, 2020 7:06 AM

Feb 2017
This is the reason I live, Shoujo Ai is either my fav genre or atleast one of them.
Im glad we got Adashima this season, I feel like it has been so long since last Shoujo Ai, which was Yagate Kimi ni Naru if I remember right?
Oct 9, 2020 7:17 AM

Dec 2018
DrLarsen said:
This is the reason I live, Shoujo Ai is either my fav genre or atleast one of them.
Im glad we got Adashima this season, I feel like it has been so long since last Shoujo Ai, which was Yagate Kimi ni Naru if I remember right?

Fragtime was a Yuri that premier in the west sometime earlier around the summer this year

https://myanimelist.net/anime/39545/Fragtime?q=Fragtime&cat=anime
Oct 9, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2008
this might be one of the good yuri's out there!
5/5.

Oct 9, 2020 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
This was relaxed and comfy.
Oct 9, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2009
Well, this was very boring. Dropped .
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 9, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
This is pretty good! I like a lot here, the atmosphere, the art style and the interactions between the girls. Looking forward for more!
Oct 9, 2020 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
I really like it! I mainly got into this anime because of Mikku, who is my favorite seiyuu, and it does not disappoint. Shimamura is best girl.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 9, 2020 11:21 AM

Mar 2009
I have high hopes for this one.
Oct 9, 2020 11:32 AM

Apr 2017
I was really looking forward to this show for quite some time and avoided the manga at all costs to go into this completely blind and wow, my feelings are pretty mixed. I originally put it on my plan to watch list basically because it's shoujo ai and as far as that goes, I'm sure I won't get disappointed. But somewhere in the middle of this episode I got a scaring feeling, something seemed off about the characters' attitudes about friends and their own life. I actually checked if it was just slice of life or if there was some kind of psychological stuff involved because there was a period where I saw all this going into some crazy story about depression and suicide, but I guess it's really just some fluffy love story.

Which makes me wonder what the point of all this isolation is about, both of the main girls seem to struggle with finding friends; which is the reason they become friends. But right now they only have each other, although Shimamura has at least some friends. And yet they seem to not care about too much, even though it is not an uncommon theme, skipping school is something I think of as quite unusual, maybe that's something that works better in Japan (and possibly other countries?) than where I live? Because if you were to be found doing something like this where I live, you'd probably had a lot to worry about.

But this doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to more of this. While the art style is something a bit different I'm not that used to, I think it's still fine, the story is interesting and as long as it doesn't get extremely dark and depressing, I'll probably enjoy it. For now it was just a rather strange opening episode.
Oct 9, 2020 12:56 PM
Sep 2020
Interesting. Hmm...
Oct 9, 2020 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
A fine first episode, it’s a nice series to watch once per week.
Oct 9, 2020 2:55 PM

May 2015
Loved it, seems pretty nice/relaxing and visually impressive.
Oct 9, 2020 3:09 PM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
I didn't know what to expect but I'm pleasantly surprised. Despite the lack of events in the first episode I managed to enjoy it quite a lot thanks to the way it set the mood for the show – I'll always be a sucker for poetic storytelling. The show doesn't feel fetishized and I love the fact that the show starts out with out main couple already knowing each other as friends, it gives a fresh twist to the usual romance formula and now I can expect a friends to lovers type of development which I'm also a fan of. I'm a tad bit confused by the astronaut though, but I guess that'll be cleared up soon enough. My hopes have been set, let's see where this goes.
Oct 9, 2020 3:19 PM

Jul 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:

Even though I feel and therefore agree to many that it's a little early to draw conclusions and comparisons, the point above perfectly addresses my opinion. YagaKimi was by no means bad but something a little more natural and easy-going was probably what I was looking for and this is hitting it right up there, lol.

As such, a solid first episode in my records. Art style and direction are brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll develop.

What's with that astronaut though xD.

Op and ED were quite decent too.

I do agree that it's too early to be sold, but the 1st episode already shows the writer's intention to go for a different direction from your typical Shoujo - a direction I've been asking for a long time (something I've rarely seen in works such as Asagao to Kaze-san or Sasameki Koto). So yeah, I'm not sold but I'm hopeful.
Oct 9, 2020 6:29 PM

Feb 2018
Well, this was incredibly boring.
Generic archetypical characters, generic situations, cringe dialogues about milk and boobs, poor animation and meh direction.
12 minutes was enough.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people will claim it as a "sleeper hit" or "dark horse" of the Fall 2020 after a few episodes, like Stars Align or Bloom Into You.
Oct 9, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2018
I've been waiting for this yuri show, and that first ep didn't dissapoint.

What the hell was that astronaut lol
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 9, 2020 8:50 PM

Aug 2018
Competently directed but overall seems like an average CGDCT show so far
_______I like rocks__
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

133 by Mikojin »»
Oct 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

70 by Spaceteck »»
Sep 30, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

114 by dudschan_ »»
Jun 13, 1:16 PM

» how much does table tennis factor into this?

KuroudoAkabane - Oct 18, 2022

8 by Tennispro786 »»
Jun 6, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Hazamelis »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.