Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 10, 2022 8:34 PM
May 2020
Did anyone else get an Akame ga Kill vibe from this episode? i feel like there were some slight similarities in terms of Menou's mannerisms and other imagery or them.
Apr 11, 2022 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
Just as I thought this could be a good one, they fkn killed the guy who is innocent. This will probably be a killing spree of innocent isekai'd people from Japan based on that background story because of their overpopulation in that world. Reeks of Yuri bait.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 11, 2022 5:57 AM
Apr 2022
Amazing episode.

It's absolutely hilarious how whiny male fans of shield hero, redo of healer or Eren Yaeger(!) shriek in impotent anger at Null-kuns demise, they just can't handle their favorite self-insert-kuns getting dealt with the way any sensible world would.

Attack on Titan needed a Menou.
ZeffichanApr 11, 2022 6:01 AM
Apr 11, 2022 10:01 AM
Feb 2021
Imma be totally honest now I did not see that plot twist coming. That was truly out of the blue. I watched the first episode and it was quite nice. I did not by going into this show expect what happened. It is really fast paced with a lot of badass religious fighting kinda evil?!? I don't really get the plot yet but from what I seen it is really nicely animated as a standard for spring 2022 anime with clean and well animated visuals. The thing I liked/enjoyed the most was the freaking music. The ost is really good already in the first ep switching from a smoothing atmosphere into mysterious into a evil soundtrack furthermore into a intense fighting ost and I really liked it. I going to proceed watching this and am interested what will happen in the next episode.
Apr 13, 2022 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
MAL squabbles for the weirdest petty things lol.

Interesting premise (only reason I decided to watch a bloody isekai in the first place). Decent ish production, typical JC stuff. Premise is also kind of predictable for me though, don't think they will be able to make an seriously great story out of this. Expecting maybe a 6/10 show overall, which is ok for me.

I think I like Akari's voice, will look out for her afterwards
Apr 13, 2022 11:51 AM
Mar 2021
Huhuran said:
ImmortalZero said:
Interesting plot, but I think I'd start hating this later on since it gives the feels of the MC being a total hypocrite later. Where she kills all these people cause reasons, but then refuses to kill the black haired girl.

Of course she won't kill that black haired girl.
It's a yuri show, after all.
No girls will die in this one.
Also that MC will never have to face any consequences from all those people she has happily murdered.

Did you even make an attempt to watch the episode
Apr 13, 2022 7:21 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Imagine getting isekai'd only to get stabbed in the head

Out of all the isekai trying to be different, it does still feel like this one is a small step above the rest.

And THIGHS. That's it.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 14, 2022 2:04 AM

Nov 2016
As someone who hates fanservice I can tell Momo is going to be a big chore every time she’s onscreen… eugh. Here’s hoping they ramp up the gayness in a less… That way. That said, I can see the rest of the anime making it all worth it. Good political intrigue, a fun protagonist, and an OP that’s by my all time favorite band! There’s a lot to love. Especially that really blatant Drakengard Ending E reference.
fidoniaApr 14, 2022 2:10 AM
Apr 14, 2022 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
I liked this episode tbh.

Not bad so far
Apr 15, 2022 3:39 PM
Dec 2019
Why are people mad that mitsuki died?
Apr 15, 2022 11:52 PM
Feb 2019
Damn I wasn't even going to watch this anime, but I watched the first episode, when I realized that they're trying to get me to root for the murderer (who murders people whose powers make them dangerous, a trope that is usually dealt with by helping the people with powers to do good or reforming them) Outright murder seems strange especially since a taboo activity is only found out by the church because they literally threw out the guy wearing strange clothes into the street, so it really couldn't have been that weird to get outworlders since if these people were such walking nukes you'd think they'd have more measures in place to take care of them before they were summoned or had spies and such.

It comes off as tone deaf, and very strange, expectations could have been subverted in a way that keeps the story logical, I would have supported a truly dark anime, but they add way too many comedy elements for an anime about literal cold murderers. Even medieval people gave witches a "trial" first. Rated it 4/10. Enjoy your bad anime I guess.
Apr 17, 2022 12:53 PM
Feb 2021
I really liked this episode, looking forward to the next.
the exposition was interesting, and I am waiting to see what kind of epic isekai yuri this anime is going to be...
Apr 18, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2009
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Isekai crowd is annoyed that their selfinsert died.
Apr 18, 2022 5:52 PM
Dec 2019
bastek66 said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

it's sad because i thought peoole wanted something new
Apr 19, 2022 2:44 AM

May 2009
Sekirodiealotoft said:
bastek66 said:

it's sad because i thought peoole wanted something new

It's loud minority. Majority wants generic selfinsert power fantasy with haremshit and that's why Isekai Smartphone is getting S2.
Apr 19, 2022 5:03 AM
Mar 2020
Menou literally killed that isekai'd boy for no reason because he had (null) power, and then the other character girl has time concept power just because you know why. (Plot armor)

Idk man, that boy didn't deserved to die because he had such power, imagine he working at garbage disposal ( useful ) power indeed, and the author mercilessly killed it just because he made edgy joke about getting rid of hated ones. I promise i felt like he was just joking aroun because he was so hyped of what power he had :)

And in short words, i hate this anime cuz it killed someone who hadn't done a thing.
Apr 19, 2022 5:36 AM
Apr 2021
_kazuma23_ said:
Menou literally killed that isekai'd boy for no reason because he had (null) power, and then the other character girl has time concept power just because you know why. (Plot armor)

Idk man, that boy didn't deserved to die because he had such power, imagine he working at garbage disposal ( useful ) power indeed, and the author mercilessly killed it just because he made edgy joke about getting rid of hated ones. I promise i felt like he was just joking aroun because he was so hyped of what power he had :)

And in short words, i hate this anime cuz it killed someone who hadn't done a thing.

Menou killed him because of his power (Pure Concept), even though she knew he's innocent. Imagine if he's able to nullify his own death, and if his Pure Concept become even stronger, he'll become a walking disaster known as Human Error when his Pure Concept has eaten all of his memories and eroded his soul to act like his Pure Concept, like what happened to Menou's hometown.

The reason Menou didn't kill Akari because she's unable to. If she tried to kill her many times, it'll risk making her power to grow even stronger since her power activated by its own. The stronger her power, the riskier her chance to become a Human Error.
Apr 20, 2022 5:55 AM

Sep 2014
oh now this is an interesting isekai setting for once!

And the fanservice hits the right spots, count me in!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 22, 2022 1:52 PM

May 2015
Great start.

Reminds me of Talentless Nana how they introduce one character and take them out immediately. I feel in the same vain that guy will return as his power was to nullify.

I really like the MC and the others. I can't wait to watch more.

I do feel bad for the last ones as they are just high schoolers but you could see the signs right before she killed him of him getting drunk on his newfound power.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2022 11:15 PM

Oct 2017
The girl actually killed me in the first episode. She definitely doesn't know how an isekai works, we would usurp that realm and solve all problems
Apr 25, 2022 9:19 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
The thread has been cleaned. Please keep the discussion civil and in topic.
Apr 26, 2022 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
Did we find a sleeper hit?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 30, 2022 5:03 AM
May 2017
Mihaeroff said:
Rule One of Isekai: Never trust women

i mean, it's not like they're killing them without reason, Lost Ones are basically ticking time bombs whose powers getting out of control could destroy entire continents. even besides that, the first guy was already showing signs of entitlement a god complex, he would've become a danger in a very short time
Apr 30, 2022 3:33 PM

Feb 2011
It's so fucking funny to me how people are mad that this isn't some generic-ass isekai with some boring-ass design MC getting a cheat power. Because we're experiencing suuuuuch a drought of shows like that, am I right?
Apr 30, 2022 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
I don't intend on actually watching this show but I'm happy there's finally an anime where generic whitebread isekai boy gets murdered. It's so cathartic.

Now all you narou-kei enablers know how magical girl fans feel.
May 1, 2022 7:09 PM
Sep 2015
HeruruMeruru said:
I don't intend on actually watching this show but I'm happy there's finally an anime where generic whitebread isekai boy gets murdered. It's so cathartic.

Wait there's a anime where magical girls are treated as a menace? Like there are edgy magical girls anime out there, a lot of them, but usually is magical girl on magical girl violence
May 2, 2022 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
jhonathanplr said:
HeruruMeruru said:

Wait there's a anime where magical girls are treated as a menace? Like there are edgy magical girls anime out there, a lot of them, but usually is magical girl on magical girl violence

Not literally being treated as a menace, but I'm saying now narou-kei isekai fans know how magical girl fans feel seeing their favorite kind of character getting brutally killed for the crime of existing.

Except this is just but one show, whereas the edgy magical girls have almost completely overtaken actual magical girls outside of reboots and Precure.
May 2, 2022 2:09 AM
Nov 2020
[quote=HeruruMeruru message=66291520][quote=jhonathanplr message=66290194]
HeruruMeruru said:

Except this is just but one show, whereas the edgy magical girls have almost completely overtaken actual magical girls outside of reboots and Precure.

What show you're talking about here?
May 2, 2022 8:24 AM
Nov 2017
_kazuma23_ said:

Remember Carla Yeager ? She hadn't done a thing. Well, the only thing she did was she just tried diligently to raise Eren and then killed by MC

May 2, 2022 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
[quote=Strykeryno message=66292023][quote=HeruruMeruru message=66291520]
jhonathanplr said:
HeruruMeruru said:

What show you're talking about here?

Magical Girl Raising Project, Magical Girl Site, Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka...
May 10, 2022 9:31 PM

Nov 2009
hmm... just got to this series... but...

ep 1... why did the MC girl go and talk to the first guy and make him feel welcome to the world before she kills him... that's Sadistic dude... if you're going to kill Isekai ppls, just do it instantly instead of making them feel like they have a chance to live... WTF... (the guy might be thinking of weird things, but he also asked what he should do with the power... if you actually tell him to use it for good, maybe he will...)

It's like taking home a lost pet and taking care of them, bathing, feeding, giving them good impressions, only the next day, you find them broke one of your slippers... and you decide to kill them cause they can destroy your stuff...

___ ___ ___

Also, I see people using the "that dust girl" as a excuse for the killing... but the anime literally shows the "dust girl" just want to go back home and it was pure accident... if you send them back home, I am pretty sure accidents won't happen.

Instead of finding a way to send them back, you just kill them instead... That's messed up.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 11, 2022 9:14 AM

Jan 2021
amlg said:
hmm... just got to this series... but...

ep 1... why did the MC girl go and talk to the first guy and make him feel welcome to the world before she kills him... that's Sadistic dude... if you're going to kill Isekai ppls, just do it instantly instead of making them feel like they have a chance to live... WTF... (the guy might be thinking of weird things, but he also asked what he should do with the power... if you actually tell him to use it for good, maybe he will...)

Easy, she was making sure he had powers. After all he could be someone without powers that was thrown by the Noblesse to bait the Faust into believing he was a Lost One, so she was making sure he had powers because he looked like he was from Japan, and anyone that comes from there has powers in that world, and also remember that he said that the Noblesse said that he had "null" power so she couldn't automatically know that he did have powers.
May 14, 2022 8:28 AM
May 2022
Bro just before the guy died he was thinking about erasing the world and for some reason, I'm out here thinking that he's going to come back
May 20, 2022 11:29 PM
Oct 2019
that was cool. good episode

the title and art make it pretty clear this anime is about a girl. so i just assumed that boy was going to be her follower or something. but NOPE. knife right to side of the head (did she stab him in his ear hole? lmfao)

i thought maybe she had the power to absorb the power of those she killed. that would've been neat

if you summoned a kid with the power of NULL, why would you toss him out? his power could destroy the faust (like "fist" in german?). makes me wonder what that girl's power is

I DON'T WANT SPOILERS: i wonder how these executioners have power. maybe they were summoned to this world also? i wonder what the deal is with this shared dream these two girls have? she's not going to kill the summoned girl, right? yo, did anyone else see that first scene in the ED? she's a CORPSE. what is that about?

7/10 first episode. i'm intrigued by it. apparently there are a lot of people upset at the first episode because they killed that kid who literally was saying "i can kill anyone i want"? my advice would be to stfu
May 20, 2022 11:51 PM
Dec 2019
HagePotPotato said:
that was cool. good episode

the title and art make it pretty clear this anime is about a girl. so i just assumed that boy was going to be her follower or something. but NOPE. knife right to side of the head (did she stab him in his ear hole? lmfao)

i thought maybe she had the power to absorb the power of those she killed. that would've been neat

if you summoned a kid with the power of NULL, why would you toss him out? his power could destroy the faust (like "fist" in german?). makes me wonder what that girl's power is

I DON'T WANT SPOILERS: i wonder how these executioners have power. maybe they were summoned to this world also? i wonder what the deal is with this shared dream these two girls have? she's not going to kill the summoned girl, right? yo, did anyone else see that first scene in the ED? she's a CORPSE. what is that about?

7/10 first episode. i'm intrigued by it. apparently there are a lot of people upset at the first episode because they killed that kid who literally was saying "i can kill anyone i want"? my advice would be to stfu
they're just mad their self-insert died.
May 21, 2022 7:01 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was great and I'm already hooked, but no matter how good the episode is, it will never be as good as seeing how salty people get at Bland-kun death. LMAO
Jun 11, 2022 1:45 AM
Nov 2021
StarkyStormboi said:
Bro just before the guy died he was thinking about erasing the world and for some reason, I'm out here thinking that he's going to come back

he aint coming back he is dead
Jun 11, 2022 1:48 AM
Nov 2021
Huhuran said:
ImmortalZero said:
Interesting plot, but I think I'd start hating this later on since it gives the feels of the MC being a total hypocrite later. Where she kills all these people cause reasons, but then refuses to kill the black haired girl.

Of course she won't kill that black haired girl.
It's a yuri show, after all.
No girls will die in this one.
Also that MC will never have to face any consequences from all those people she has happily murdered.

Did you actually try to watch the episode or you just saying shit?
Jun 14, 2022 6:15 AM
Jun 2022
Sekirodiealotoft said:

That's debatable, but I can tell you a little about why I dropped the show: The show doesn't care to explain itself, at all, for anything. I raise you a counter: What was gained versus lost by writing the story this way? We lost a character with a poorly-defined superpower potentially capable of deleting all life, and we gain...? We gain an idea of what the protagonist's role is, which is a detail written into the very basis of the show and thus kind of irrelevant except that we now know she's an assassin, not an executioner. Executioners don't kill people under cover of night in secret, that's not an executioner. That's a member of an organization like the Hasashin of old. I digress. So, his powers: He uses them post-death, as apparently magic can do that, and it apparently does absolutely nothing. Why? I dunno. You'd think the power to Nullify anything would nullify things. Turns out, apparently not. And by the rules, I cannot offer more insight on this series of events than that. Hopefully this opinion helped you to understand the rationale of some people who dropped this show.
Tl;dr: Inconsistent writing, mostly.
Jun 14, 2022 10:46 AM

Jan 2021
Idoreview said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

That's debatable, but I can tell you a little about why I dropped the show: The show doesn't care to explain itself, at all, for anything. I raise you a counter: What was gained versus lost by writing the story this way? We lost a character with a poorly-defined superpower potentially capable of deleting all life, and we gain...? We gain an idea of what the protagonist's role is, which is a detail written into the very basis of the show and thus kind of irrelevant except that we now know she's an assassin, not an executioner. Executioners don't kill people under cover of night in secret, that's not an executioner. That's a member of an organization like the Hasashin of old. I digress. So, his powers: He uses them post-death, as apparently magic can do that, and it apparently does absolutely nothing. Why? I dunno. You'd think the power to Nullify anything would nullify things. Turns out, apparently not. And by the rules, I cannot offer more insight on this series of events than that. Hopefully this opinion helped you to understand the rationale of some people who dropped this show.

I don't think them being called executioners is anything wrong, an executioner is a person who applies the sentence of death towards a person sentenced with it, that's what they do, kill a person who is a taboo in itself which the Lost Ones are and that are already explained why they kill them.

It's easy to answer why his powers didn't work when he died, he didn't have control of his powers so of course it didn't do anything. It is later explained that if he had control over his powers he could have nullified his death, but since he literally just discovered them like a second before he died and didn't have actual control over it then it didn't do anything to nullify the death.
Jun 14, 2022 11:57 AM
Dec 2019
Idoreview said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

so you didn't watch past episode 1. Future epiaodes explain itself clearly. Lmao
Jun 14, 2022 5:28 PM
Jun 2022
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Idoreview said:

so you didn't watch past episode 1. Future epiaodes explain itself clearly. Lmao

This is the Episode 1 thread. Conversation here pertains specifically to Episode 1. The rules are clearly posted to not discuss further than the events herein.
But no, no it does not explain anything relevant regarding that by episode 4. It handwaved it instead while using a less potent more potent ability. But I get it: You don't wish to understand this view, you wish to demonize this view.
Jun 14, 2022 5:38 PM
Jun 2022
Ionliosite2 said:

I don't think them being called executioners is anything wrong, an executioner is a person who applies the sentence of death towards a person sentenced with it, that's what they do, kill a person who is a taboo in itself which the Lost Ones are and that are already explained why they kill them.

It's easy to answer why his powers didn't work when he died, he didn't have control of his powers so of course it didn't do anything. It is later explained that if he had control over his powers he could have nullified his death, but since he literally just discovered them like a second before he died and didn't have actual control over it then it didn't do anything to nullify the death.

"Them?" But okay? I think it is objectively incorrect. Good for us, we get to disagree on semantics and definitions.
Note: This is the Episode 1 thread. It would be cool if you understood the meaning thereof.

It's not. It's not even using that logic without a very specific, awfully written, plot point that isn't part of Episode 1. Moreover, again, this is the Episode 1 thread. If you want to debate this in a thread that makes any sense to in, let's. If not, let's not go flagrantly against the spirit of the thread. I have a few replies to this, but I won't post them in the Episode 1 thread because that would require doing what you're doing: Possibly spoiling an ongoing dub for the people actually watching it.
IdoreviewJun 14, 2022 5:42 PM
Jun 14, 2022 5:44 PM
Dec 2019
Idoreview said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

This is the Episode 1 thread. Conversation here pertains specifically to Episode 1. The rules are clearly posted to not discuss further than the events herein.
But no, no it does not explain anything relevant regarding that by episode 4. It handwaved it instead while using a less potent more potent ability. But I get it: You don't wish to understand this view, you wish to demonize this view.
I'm not demonizing anything. I'm just saying you didn't watch past the 1st epsiode.
Jun 14, 2022 5:47 PM
Jun 2022
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Idoreview said:

I'm not demonizing anything. I'm just saying you didn't watch past the 1st epsiode.

Which is either wrong or a lie, and irrelevant either way. I even gave you an episode number and you've doubled down on your own imagination.
Jun 14, 2022 6:16 PM

Jan 2021
Idoreview said:
Ionliosite2 said:

"Them?" But okay? I think it is objectively incorrect. Good for us, we get to disagree on semantics and definitions.
Note: This is the Episode 1 thread. It would be cool if you understood the meaning thereof.

It's not. It's not even using that logic without a very specific, awfully written, plot point that isn't part of Episode 1. Moreover, again, this is the Episode 1 thread. If you want to debate this in a thread that makes any sense to in, let's. If not, let's not go flagrantly against the spirit of the thread. I have a few replies to this, but I won't post them in the Episode 1 thread because that would require doing what you're doing: Possibly spoiling an ongoing dub for the people actually watching it.

Yeah, "them", there are more executioners than just Menou, even Flare, her teacher that wee see in the first episode is one.

I don't know who am I spoiling since I'm not saying something actually clear about the plot or stuff, just explaining his powers, which either way, you get to know that he doesn't actually control his powers yet.
Jun 14, 2022 6:25 PM

Feb 2017
@Idoreview

cuz you cannot execute the lost ones like what normal executioners do
lol

as you can see in Episode 1,

the isekai-ed girl(the lost one) who's also introduced and in Episode 1
and killed also in Episode 1
she could easily obliterate a city,
including all the people in it
Jun 14, 2022 6:35 PM

Feb 2017
@Idoreview

I get a feeling

You didnt even make an attempt to watch episode 1?
Jun 14, 2022 6:39 PM
Jun 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
Idoreview said:

Yeah, "them", there are more executioners than just Menou, even Flare, her teacher that wee see in the first episode is one.

I don't know who am I spoiling since I'm not saying something actually clear about the plot or stuff, just explaining his powers, which either way, you get to know that he doesn't actually control his powers yet.

That is an example of information that one could potentially assume, but which I would advise is pretty much a minor spoiler. A boss isn't necessarily also an assassin. I don't get what's so unreasonable about the idea, "This is the Episode 1 thread. Its scope is just Episode 1. Let's only discuss within that scope here." I explained the aspects I found to be unpleasant to someone who had asked why people felt a specific way about this episode's primary event, and I asserted I found that future events, no details, contradict the basis it sets so further exploration is only worse than the original experience. It's difficult to answer it without adding vague context because nobody should be mad about the first character's death alone. No need to further unpack most of that in this thread.

Nobody should be able to just after being summoned. That's a very reasonable thing to say. But I'd also say nobody should be able to use magic in the prime plane after death, and clearly that's an idea this show disagrees with. As to the efficacy, one would assume it's nil, but also still subverted in this very episode by the very character we're speaking of.
Jun 14, 2022 6:42 PM
Jun 2022
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
@Idoreview

I get a feeling

You didnt even make an attempt to watch episode 1?

I get the feeling you haven't even read my posts or you would already know the exact episode I dropped it.

And just what in Episode 1 alone leads you to believe the isekai characters couldn't be executed in a regular manner?
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

108 by Muow »»
Jun 5, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.