Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 5:49 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to nightmare_kurumi
Wait, it's the last ep????
@nightmare_kurumi Most shows are comprised of 12 episodes nowadays. What, are you a neophyte to animanga?
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 18, 5:50 PM

Apr 2020
Cute girls and nice animation but became boring near the end, plus unnecessary drama. 6/10.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 18, 5:51 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to Alex0714
Okay ending for a really average romcom with great visuals and animation. Alya is possibly one of the worst FMC I've seen in a while, she literally gets carried by the MC and can't do anything without him. 5/10.
@Alex0714 LOL. Just watch the next four episodes of Season 2. You'll be quick to change your opinion of her. Mark my words.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 18, 6:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
IzanaSolos said:
Last year we had Shikimori as the overhyped Doga Koba romcom, this year it’s this… Nicest way I could put it
Not sure if anyone else has replied to you about this yet, but Shikimori was 2022, not last year, I know that hurts to hear but it’s true lol, unreal how time has flown. Also, for the record, I think I prefer Shikimori over this personally.
Sep 18, 6:21 PM

Apr 2022
did lost some momentum toward the end but still one of the better shows of the season with some suou and alya cinema. kuze was solid too. glad s2 is already announced to be on the way.
Sep 18, 6:27 PM

Oct 2021
This is 5/10 till the end. I was hoping for a good drama because the romcom premise is not good enough but alas, I guess the writing is the actual problem. Well at least it's consistent, just like Alya is always being a damsel in distress.

This edgy MC is awful tho, you're just competing fairly in school with your own sister that you love, dude no need to be this serious.
EdgyLord666Sep 18, 6:41 PM

Feb 2018
Dang no "knowing Russian" confession from Masachika? Welp, if we get another season or something, it's bound to happen and I really wanna see that moment. I need moar from this series!

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 2024
A good show in general not bad but not great either, I am one of those that got curious about the unique title and just stayed for yuki. 7.5/10
Sep 18, 6:31 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to aurora_yuuki
@SleepingNinja15 Nah, I'm hers too. You aren't the only one. I definitely wouldn't have been as intrigued (or even any, at all) to read the LN, if it wasn't for her being a Russian cutie.
@aurora_yuuki Yeah just people on this forum are definitely overhating on her for no reason. I'm hyped for S2 personally and now it's more exciting to hear LN readers saying next season is adapting some of the best parts of it. I can't wait.
Sep 18, 6:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well I gotta admit, I may be one of the people that’s not really into the student council stuff compared to the usual romcom goodness, but they really managed to make these speeches entertaining despite them taking up most of the finale, they really had me sucked in. And the start of the episode was great for setting the stage, whether Kuze was serious or not he actually managed to get into Suou’s head and influenced her thinking, that was a very good scene, the eyes really helped sell it. And the speeches themselves were both well thought out, Suou and Ayano really had a good thing going, but they absolutely weren’t ready for what Kuze and Alya pulled out, having Alya go out speaking in Russian was kinda genius, I love that they made use of her Russian aspect there. And after Alya made quite the display with her story, in comes Kuze to clean up and he really ended things on a great note, and I was wondering how Taniyama and Miyamae would be relevant, well at the end they showed up and really won the crowd over, it’s nice that the first “villains” of the show became key allies here at this pivotal moment.

And thankfully the final moments of the episode were reserved for romcom goodness, and goodness it was, now Kuze has that first name basis with Alya and we got that very nice last moment before summer break and the end of this first season, and we got another great ED to end with showcasing all the characters we’ve come to know, definitely among my favorites of the EDs.

And that’s it for the first season of the Russian babe anime, that’s right, Season 2 is already confirmed which is great news, giving how the anime ended it feels very appropriate, if we didn’t get that right away it wouldn’t have hit as well. And this has been a very nice romcom, superb production from Doga Kobo all around complete with a new ED with new visuals every episode and a beautiful OP to go with it which is among the best of the season for sure. That being said, I do think the show was unfortunately hurt a bit by the overly serious student council stuff around the middle of the season, I really thought it had a great start and, after seeing the finale, a great end as well, but the middle lost steam a bit for me, and it’s not that I don’t like the student council stuff, it’s that imo it isn’t as good as the romcom part of the show and ultimately took away from it, I think they managed to make it really good with Suou as the villain near the end but Taniyama was a bit underwhelming, no offense to her tho because I really like her otherwise lol.

And some will argue that Alya had no development, and while that may be true to an extent, this didn’t bother me at all, this is a LN and that will take time, and I think by the end she grew a bit for sure, at least compared to the first debate. And this isn’t really much of a complaint, but I do kinda wish the fanservice would have been a bit more prominent, I get here in the finale it would have been out of place but man when it was happening it was so good, hopefully we’ll still get it in Season 2 even if it’s more thinly spread out. And of course I can’t forget to mention the seasonal sensation Yuki Suou, I wasn’t as into her as a lot of others were but she was certainly a delight of a character to the end, not sure if I’d say she’s best girl (that might go to Miyamae or Masha for now lol) but she was a lot of fun for sure. And now I guess I wait for Season 2, and hopefully fall will have some romcom goodness to fill the void this season is gonna leave me because it had so many great ones.
Sep 18, 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is smarter than the average Yuki
Sep 18, 7:07 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
aurora_yuuki said:
Builder45 said:
A lot less "hides her feelings in russian"

"Sometimes" is in the title for a reason.

Well said @aurora_yuuki.
Sep 18, 7:08 PM
Dec 2019
now I can hope for one big grand reveal of him understanding russian in season 2
Fortnite from Starbucks in Nintendo Land
Sep 18, 7:11 PM

Jul 2024
I enjoyed this more than I should have. It wasn't a home-run ending, but the very last scene was super cute
Sep 18, 8:43 PM

Jul 2022
That was so perfect!
Sep 18, 8:47 PM

Aug 2022
I find the closing ceremony speech made by Alya more interesting when viewed from a meta perspective. Alya trying to win not just the election, but also the hearts and minds of the viewers as well. That she is willing to work hard so she can earn that best girl status, and prove why she is the titular character of the series.

------------------------

Overall S1 impressions:

This series originally wasn't on my PTW list. That was until online chatter from anime viewers finally convinced me to give the show a chance. I was instantly won over by Episode 2.

I personally enjoyed it more than what I was expecting. Though I can personally understand why some viewers ended up being disappointed the moment the series shifted its focus on the student council election.

Too bad certain parts from the light novel were cut out from the anime, such as the dance scene. Those parts sounded cool when readers commented about them.

As of Episode 12, I would say Yuki is still my favorite character of the series. Her personas of a classy lady in public and degenerate otaku in private is a winning combo. Yuki is such a scene stealer I can't blame some people getting the impression that she had to be nerfed by being made into Masachika's biological sister.

All that being said, I look forward to Season 2.

Sep 18, 9:20 PM

Jul 2017
An underwhelming finale to an extremely underwhelming show considering the expectations this had and the production values from the get-go for a rom-com. The start wasn't the worst but it got more and more flatter for me with each week once there was ironically an actual plot there. Alya herself has a standout design but her personality in this show really didn't have a long-lasting impact for me and the stuff with her and the student council did not help here whatsoever. Another season is here but meh, don't care much about that announcement.
Sep 18, 9:44 PM
Dec 2018
Alpha-Nine said:
I find the closing ceremony speech made by Alya more interesting when viewed from a meta perspective. Alya trying to win not just the election, but also the hearts and minds of the viewers as well. That she is willing to work hard so she can earn that best girl status, and prove why she is the titular character of the series.

------------------------

Overall S1 impressions:

This series originally wasn't on my PTW list. That was until online chatter from anime viewers finally convinced me to give the show a chance. I was instantly won over by Episode 2.

I personally enjoyed it more than what I was expecting. Though I can personally understand why some viewers ended up being disappointed the moment the series shifted its focus on the student council election.

Too bad certain parts from the light novel were cut out from the anime, such as the dance scene. Those parts sounded cool when readers commented about them.

As of Episode 12, I would say Yuki is still my favorite character of the series. Her personas of a classy lady in public and degenerate otaku in private is a winning combo. Yuki is such a scene stealer I can't blame some people getting the impression that she had to be nerfed by being made into Masachika's biological sister.

All that being said, I look forward to Season 2.

I LOVE the pic on the right.

UeSaka SumiRe really made it
Sep 18, 9:54 PM

Apr 2022
That was a really great way to end the season. Very lovely, heartfelt episode.

Very happy season 2 is already confirmed too! Don’t want to spend too much time away from these characters. Hope to see what shenanigans they get up to next soon!
Sep 18, 10:02 PM
Mar 2021
Basicamente o protagonista carregou esse anime nas costas. Eles estavam pensando que so uma garota de cabelos prateado SIMULADA iria deixar tudo interessante? A Yuki continua sendo a garota mais atraente dessa obra, ao menos ela é astuta....
É uma decepção um anime de romance não ter romance, não faz nem sentido ne? Lol
Sep 18, 10:12 PM

Aug 2023
Beautiful artwork spent on a whole lot of... nothing. No progress in their relationship, no change in any of the characters. Kinda felt like a waste of time.
Sep 18, 10:32 PM

Nov 2021
Far from my favorite anime this season but respect to Doga Kobo for giving their all for this adaptation, loved having a different ED every episode. Pretty fun cast of characters and they were probably the standout. Was expecting more rom com vibes but the latter half of the season was a bit too focused on school drama for my liking.
Sep 18, 10:43 PM

May 2019
While the final episode was a little underwhelming I'm glad that this is getting a S2 as I feel that there is a bunch of story remaining to be shown. I enjoyed the first half of this season more than the second half since there were more comedic moments (and fanservice) like the legendary scene with Yuki waking up Masachika, but also Yuki seemed more goofy especially compared to the final episode where she was all business. I understand that she's in a lot of pressure from her grandfather to beat Masachika but I hope that her silly moments continue in S2.

Also, I thought Alya was the number one girl but that was before Yuki showed her silly side and also before Masha was introduced. As of the ending of S1 I enjoy most of the scenes that Yuki is shown in but pouting Masha was very cute too. Having said all that I think I like Yuki the most followed by Masha and finally Alya but we'll see if this changes in S2.

8/10
Sep 18, 11:20 PM

Apr 2015
Eh tbh, pretty disappointed with this show. I enjoyed the first three episodes when it was more lighthearted, but once the storyline focused more on the student council, things went downhill. A lot of dumb turns, but mainly cause of Alya. One of the most incompetent female characters I've seen in a while. This whole season, she keeps claiming that she'll prove her worth to run for president, but she has yet to do a single thing for herself. Kuze always has to come save the day. Her speech was very barebones. Literally anyone can say that they're the "hardest worker", and from the way Kuze described her as "honest" for believing in his words and trusting in him when he told her to begin her speech in Russian...from an audience member's standpoint, I'd view her more as gullible and compliant, someone who can't think much for herself and mindlessly follows someone else's commands. Definitely not someone I'd vote for president.
Well I know I'm being too harsh, but bottom line is, I really don't like Alya's character at all. Hope I will bite my words and she will actually prove more of her worth in the sequel. But either way, I find Yuki much more entertaining. She carried the show for me; I probably would've dropped this show a while ago if she wasn't in it.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 18, 11:25 PM

Nov 2023
I have the same feelings for this as I do for the light novel. I don't think it's as good as people say it is.

I'll probably watch the second season but I don't know.
Sep 19, 12:19 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Quite disappointing. If they could've just stayed with the fun plot in the beginning with the teasing and then ended with him revealing that he understands her, the series would have been a lot better. This stupid student council shit was dumb. Felt like author is just milking out the series for more money. This student council shit being an unnecessary side quest.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Sep 19, 12:22 AM

Oct 2020
I kind of liked this ending; though it helps knowing that they already plan on a S2. I suppose this one pays off more on the S. C. President plot more than the funny otaku sides of the character, but I'll take it. It's finally good to see a bit more of the alluded serious Masachika, I had to do a double take when he made that scary face to intimidate Yuki at the start. I'm not sure if I'm ready to call these the 'true' Masachika and Yuki, it's undeniably them at their most serious and political. The episode has an interesting juxtaposition that just for once, Ayano finally confirms that Yuki was having her final boss moment, only for her to say that that wasn't even her trying to do that.

Kudos to the animators this episode, all the designs were very cute and I love their fluid movements this round.
Sep 19, 12:23 AM
Oct 2019
W speech by Alya and what i didn't expect Masachika bring Taniyama and Miyamae in the squad.

Cute Cliffhanger for Season 1.
Hey they called each other given name now, that is some progression in romcom Anime. lol

12 episodes, 12 different Ending Song, all sang by Alya VA Sumire Uesaka.
Absolutely W!!

8/10 for Yuki Wincest Shenanigans.

Can't wait for season 2.
Let's hope they didn't made us wait too long.
Sep 19, 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
Too much focus on the student council thing that took up almost the whole season. I've heard from LN readers it still continues for the foreseeable future. It's honestly baffling and calls into question if the author doesn't know how to write another plot. It held back in what would otherwise be a cute romcom.

6.5/10 is fair I think. Just a very tiny bit above average, occasionally on the verge of something greater yet always failed to cross that line.
Sep 19, 1:06 AM

Jun 2015
no more Yuki Alya Wednesday. We'll be back for season 2!
one down from my romcom trio this season (MakeIne-GijiHarem-Roshidere)
really enjoyed this one, would want to read the LN too
Sep 19, 1:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I think Yuki won that; both speeches had fluff but I found Alya's to have even more fluff

That was a pretty decent season finale. It didn't have to be too too conclusive because, well, we instantly got our season 2 announcement.

Going to leave it with a 6/10; it's just fine. Gotta admit that I barely gave af about the election- so pretty much the entire latter half of the season. Sure I guess it's there for Alya's character development and all that... but man the first half was just way more laid back and more fun, in a lot of different ways >:)

Anyway, besides all that, it's yet another solid production by Doga Kobo. Looking forward to more.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sep 19, 2:08 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Eaxillier
which volume of the light novel left off after season 1 of this anime?
Eaxillier said:
which volume of the light novel left off after season 1 of this anime?

Left off? Do you mean to say how many volumes it adapted? If so, the first three.
Sep 19, 2:08 AM

Aug 2017
zamasz said:
Didn't he just give away that he can understand russian by looking at her in the last scene?

Maybe that was the intended finale.

I enjoyed the show. Though not as much as I wanted to.
Sep 19, 2:10 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Spaceteck
Seems like Alya figured out that Masachika knows Russian. I thought that it would be more surprising to her because of all the things she said to him. (I'm really looking forward to an announcement of Season 2) OK nvm it's already confirmed πŸ˜‚
Spaceteck said:
Seems like Alya figured out that Masachika knows Russian. I thought that it would be more surprising to her because of all the things she said to him. (I'm really looking forward to an announcement of Season 2) OK nvm it's already confirmed πŸ˜‚

LOL. I'm speechless. Guess you'll be shocked.
Sep 19, 2:17 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Cosplay_Joe
I really liked how Masachika dealt with Yuki in this episode. It was good, he wanted to show her some “discipline” as he called it, but he didn’t go too far or stooped to Yuki’s level. I like that.

I can’t say that I would have Alya say all that during the speech. I mean yes do you want to show how honest and sincere it is, but there was a little bit too much of honesty and sincerity. I mean even with that whole hard-working part, it still doesn’t give me a whole lot of confidence in voting for her. And as some of you said, Masachika had to come in and clean it up and make the case for her. And he did a really good job, and what a class act, by bringing in those two, who challenged them earlier in the season, and saying that they will join the student council, should I get elected. He certainly made the case that they were the more ethical pair, I can tell you that much.

And that scene in the locker room, you could cut the tension with a knife! I mean, I know about the fact that calling someone by their first name is a very big deal in Japan, but it’s like come on! There’s obviously some big-time romantic undertones going on there. But unlike a lot of you, I haven’t gotten up to that part in the light novels yet, so that’s why I might be missing something.

And that last scene with Alya calling out to Masachika in Russian, and him responding to Alya, clearly indicating to her that he did understand what she was saying, that was awesome! And the last little thing she said was awesome too! That’s a great way to end this episode.

Episode: 4/5
Series: 10/10 (seriously, I enjoyed it that much!)

And hooray for the fact that they’ll be a season two! I mean seriously, there’s certainly more than enough source material to do it and since it’s so popular, why the hell not?
@Cosplay_Joe Yep. There's enough content to animate two full seasons of the LN. I guess you knew that already.

Us LN readers saw it coming from a mile way, the announcement of a sequel. I mean, the LN is one of the best-seller in Japan, constantly cracking Top 5, so it's not hard to see why.
Sep 19, 2:19 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Cosplay_Joe
@aurora_yuuki not to mention the fact that when Alya spoke to Masachika in Russian, he followed the instructions and turned his head, clearly indicating to her that he can, in fact, understand Russian.
@Cosplay_Joe Yeah, but they were probably too engrossed in the moment to pick up on it. Understandable. Either way, I loved the anime. I even re-read the LN while watching the anime (yes, while watching the anime). Each of the interactions, the dialogues and scene - watching it unfold in realtime was a treat. I'd never done that before, so it felt super good and enjoyable for me as a whole.
Sep 19, 2:20 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to nightmare_kurumi
nightmare_kurumi said:

What were you expecting?
Sep 19, 2:22 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Narizor
The intense stares between Masachika and Yuki were truly eerie. It was a solid final episode, with Masachika once again solving everything. While Yuki's speech was good, Masachika's advice for Alya's speech made all the difference, leading her to win this round.

Overall, the anime is quite good, though I feel it spends too much time on student council matters rather than focusing on the romance. While Alya's character development was touched upon, I found other characters like Yuki (my favorite) and Masha to be more compelling. The good news is that a second season has been confirmed, as I'm still curious about the relationship between Masachika and his mother. It’s been a sweet and funny anime with well-designed and interesting characters, and the endings were excellent.
@Narizor You should definitely stick around for the now-confirmed season two, because all these issues and pros you've mentioned will be further touched and expanded upon. To put it simply, it'll just be far better.
Sep 19, 2:24 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to remetallized
There are other ways to introduce tension and raise the stakes into high school settings than student politics. With how politics are constantly at the forefront of the news these days, it would be nice to see less shows depending on them as a plot device. Field trips are also rather overused, but the antics that result from those tend to be better to watch than debates and campaigning. This show is not COTE, but yet I felt they tried to push it too much in that direction.

Many of the character interactions, particularly between Masachika and Alya or Masachika and Yuki, are really fun to watch when they are not focusing on student council issues. More of that please next season. This show has a good cast of characters, play to their strengths instead of dulling everything out.
@remetallized There will be more of what you want in the next season. Remember, the election and Masachika's relationship with the Suou Household is the plot of Roshidere.

The next season will be more romance-focused, as well as focusing on Alya's character development, which she will have plenty of.
Sep 19, 2:29 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Junichi_Hashiba
Not a bad ending, but the season overall didn’t focus on Alya enough in my book. It started out being a fun story about Alya hiding her feelings but about halfway turned into a show about the Student Council, and that was pretty dull IMHO. Hopefully season 2 will focus more on Masachika and Alya and less on political speeches….
@Junichi_Hashiba It will.
Sep 19, 2:30 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to FMmatron
Nice character arc for Alya and a decent rom-com minus the weak incest bait.
@FMmatron
FMmatron said:
ice character arc for Alya and a decent rom-com minus the weak incest bait.

Did you love it?
Sep 19, 2:39 AM
Sep 2022
When you go to see an anime with high expectations and it doesn't meet them (in my case) it becomes disappointing, And this is what happened to me. The anime started well, but was falling, until this final chapter, which was disappointing. Seeing kuze humiliate her sister in the speech has been very unpleasant,Especially knowing the love that Yuki has for her, and after knowing that Kuze abandoned her when she was sick as a child, and ran away like a coward. Alya has not convinced me as a character, and the others are Passable. 6/10 Final grade
Sep 19, 3:07 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Autoparts_22
A really underwhelming show.
I thought about dropping it after episode 5, but somehow I have a thing for continuing to watch shows I don't like.

The plot is mid at best and bad at worst. It doesn't improve on anything for the very common tropes. After that season, I still don't know what makes Kuze like Alya. Also, the plot was all over the place.
The only thing it did well after episode 5 was give more character development to Alya. No other character seems to get that.

Finally, I hate Yuki. One of my least favorite characters ever.

Score 4/10
Autoparts_22 said:
but somehow I have a thing for continuing to watch shows I don't like.

Well, that's a first. As peculiar as it sounds.

You probably finished Rent-a-GF anyway even though you felt like throwing up.
Sep 19, 3:10 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to UnderwaterRobin
Alas, thee end of another excellent anime this season, cannot wait for season 2! (in the mean time, i will rolling on the floor crying over this image)

@UnderwaterRobin Geez, it's not the end of the series. There's so much to come. You anime-onlies are going to love them. Chin up, dude.
Sep 19, 3:11 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to SleepingNinja15
It might have been a bit mediocre of a ending scene but I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Also feels like I'm the only Alya fan.. kinda sad but oh well.
@SleepingNinja15 No. There is me. I have always been there, from the beginning. More people are going to flock to her once Season 2 starts airing. And Masha too.
Sep 19, 3:14 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Penguinu
Dang no "knowing Russian" confession from Masachika? Welp, if we get another season or something, it's bound to happen and I really wanna see that moment. I need moar from this series!
@Penguinu There is going to be more.
Sep 19, 3:24 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to thatsnotsafe
I enjoyed this more than I should have. It wasn't a home-run ending, but the very last scene was super cute
@thatsnotsafe How much did you love it? What did you rate it?
Sep 19, 3:28 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to tairar
Beautiful artwork spent on a whole lot of... nothing. No progress in their relationship, no change in any of the characters. Kinda felt like a waste of time.
@tairar Hold your horses. It's an LN adaptation. There won't be any progress overnight. And there definitely were progress at the end of this season. It's nobody's fault that you failed to pick up on it.
Sep 19, 3:33 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Xiao
Eh tbh, pretty disappointed with this show. I enjoyed the first three episodes when it was more lighthearted, but once the storyline focused more on the student council, things went downhill. A lot of dumb turns, but mainly cause of Alya. One of the most incompetent female characters I've seen in a while. This whole season, she keeps claiming that she'll prove her worth to run for president, but she has yet to do a single thing for herself. Kuze always has to come save the day. Her speech was very barebones. Literally anyone can say that they're the "hardest worker", and from the way Kuze described her as "honest" for believing in his words and trusting in him when he told her to begin her speech in Russian...from an audience member's standpoint, I'd view her more as gullible and compliant, someone who can't think much for herself and mindlessly follows someone else's commands. Definitely not someone I'd vote for president.
Well I know I'm being too harsh, but bottom line is, I really don't like Alya's character at all. Hope I will bite my words and she will actually prove more of her worth in the sequel. But either way, I find Yuki much more entertaining. She carried the show for me; I probably would've dropped this show a while ago if she wasn't in it.
@Xiao You ought to watch season 2. So that you'll take back what you said about her.
Sep 19, 3:36 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Aleksu
no more Yuki Alya Wednesday. We'll be back for season 2!
one down from my romcom trio this season (MakeIne-GijiHarem-Roshidere)
really enjoyed this one, would want to read the LN too
@Aleksu You should definitely give the LN a read. I would advise you to start from the very beginning.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Sep 11

250 by kitoha »»
Yesterday, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cuhoangdk - Jul 10

364 by aurora_yuuki »»
Yesterday, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

507 by XL_Yaboi »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 4

226 by kitoha »»
Oct 14, 7:23 PM

» Is there justice for homegirl in next season?

kingsley_017 - Oct 5

7 by Firedogslite »»
Oct 14, 2:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.