Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 11, 4:27 AM
Dec 2022
bro is an actual psychopath
Jinwoo better tho your cooked bro
bro sent him to the shadow realm wtf
he actually unlocking evil mode
Mar 11, 5:46 AM
May 2021
Masterfully adapted!!
Mar 11, 6:00 AM

May 2021
So powers can be granted in the form of separate classes like mages, assassins, etc. I can't remember this being mentioned earlier but in retrospect, I suppose the existence of a healer should have tipped me off.

Also best to enjoy Jinwoo beating punk ass before it starts to get old.

Mar 11, 7:02 AM

Dec 2018
I love this show just I loved the manghua, It is only going to get even better and I'm freaking hyped for it! A well done episode, I got chills and hey he learned a new skill.
Mar 11, 7:04 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to IzanaSolos
A-1 just keeps getting better somehow.

During the raid organized by the Hunter's Association, Jinwoo reunites with Song Chiyul, Lee Joohee, Kim Sangshik, and Kang Jeongho, survivors of the Double Dungeon. They join Kang Taeshik and others from the Surveillance Team to explore the D-rank dungeon. Jinwoo, Song, and Lee split up to investigate separate paths, but they are startled by Kim's scream from a different route. Hurrying to Kim's location, they arrive too late.

It's great seeing the Double Dungeon crew back together, but the focus at least first part of the episode is on Chiyul this time. He's fighting monsters and even going up against Taeshik with just one arm. Joohee's dealing with some serious trauma too. The episode doesn't hold back on the blood and gore, but it's well done. Sangshik's death hits hard, and the animation is top-notch. One thing I wish they'd change is the characters' eye colors. Despite that, it's an awesome episode overall. Taeshik's death scene is powerful, and Joohee looks stunning at the end. Can't wait for the next one.

Jinwoo can't hide forever. Even though Chiyul took the hit this time, it's clear that he's now an assassin lurking in the shadows.
@IzanaSolos
Mar 11, 8:14 AM

Feb 2014
With the way that he looked upon Jinwoo, I did think that Taeshik was up to something, but I wasn't expecting him to be such a twisted scumbag. Sure, him killing off the prisoners who showed zero remorse for their crimes will have many people agreeing with that method, but he did go a little overboard by killing the two guys who wanted to apologise to Jinwoo for leaving him behind back then. Sadly, that opportunity was lost forever.

Jinwoo had no other choice but to step in a take on Taeshik. The early parts of their fight looked good, but the animation properly shifted a few gears when Jinwoo powered up and went all out. His murderous intent ability shown here was formidable indeed. After his victory was achieved, I did like how aware he is about a piece of his humanity being chipped away as he gets stronger. It does make me hope that he'll try and find a way to prevent losing more of his humanity, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking on my part. ^^;

I must also praise both Mr Song and Joohee as well, with the former doing his best against Taeshik as well as taking responsibility in the aftermath and the latter for how committed she was in helping out with her heals and buffs. Also, her outfit after she took her coat off looks really nice on her.
Mar 11, 8:36 AM
Apr 2020
i hate that they removed the skills pop ups to make us more understand of the SKILL and buffs and debuffs
Mar 11, 8:41 AM
Jun 2021
amazing goku's reference
Mar 11, 4:12 PM
Sep 2023
Not bad but not too good.
Mar 11, 5:17 PM
Aug 2017
Great fighting and animation
Mar 11, 5:57 PM
Jan 2017
tasteful cuts and edits from the manhwa
Mar 11, 7:10 PM
Oct 2020
The art style change while Jinwoo fought the assassin is insanely good.
Mar 11, 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
I feel like there could've been more build up. old man and the healer just stood there accepting sung doing the dungeon all by himself.
Mar 11, 8:34 PM
Jan 2023
Purple hair guy is literally the purple guy from FNAF 😈
Mar 11, 9:04 PM
Oct 2018
"I say you will become as strong as those shadows are dark."
Cool quote. Even if I didn't get it down exactly.
Mar 11, 9:50 PM
Dec 2020
very very very pog
Mar 11, 10:31 PM

Jul 2021
What an episode. I wasnt expecting such a thing from Kang Taeshik, i thought he was gonna fight the criminals for protecting the group but i guess he was the one who was thinking about getting rid of them the whole time.

Jinwoo has really grown more powerful as he has just defeated a B rank hunter and grows even more stronger. It was nice of Mr Song to take the blame if thats waht you wanna call it.

Mar 12, 1:08 AM
Oct 2021
A lot of care and emphasis were put in these episodes which surpass the Manhwa. I still would've preferred a "Ufotable animation style" to this story but it has been surpassing everyone's expectations so far in terms of VA performance, action Sakuga and overall direction.
Mar 12, 2:51 AM
Feb 2015
Great episode, regardless of the plothole armor the evidence of his training and grinding is shown. His secret will be revealed someday or soon. The animation is topnotch, didn't even blink for a sec
Mar 12, 12:47 PM
Jan 2024
.fghfgfyr8dfyfuffffjy
Mar 12, 3:33 PM
May 2017
Another unimpressive episode with shaky animation, extremely predictable twists and cheesy dialogue. The fight itself was decent, but for me it's still a 3/5 episode at best
MorraganMar 12, 3:37 PM
Mar 12, 5:47 PM

Jul 2013
When purple hair mf killed those 3 prisoners I was like yeah I don't mind that one bit, it's a good thing even, then he killed 2 innocent people and tried to killed another 3. Anyway, since Jinwoo killed a top-tier B-rank hunter and have gotten a little stronger after doing it, I would say he's also about that rank right? top-tier B-rank or maybe even Low-tier A rank
Mar 12, 9:52 PM

Jul 2021
"Once we get out of here, I'm going to apologize to him"
"How am I supposed to keep hating you if you apologize?"
"I'm not killing people for money, I'm doing this for fun"
"I don't even feel anger against filth like you"
"Is he detecting my murderous intent?"
"If you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you"
"The stronger I get, the more broken I become inside"

Come on... these are just painfully basic lines. Are people happy with this?

I'm guessing yes? Since most of the complaints here are "too much talking" and "bad animation". I thought the fight was pretty exciting and well-animated, and that might be the one thing I enjoyed in the episode...
Mar 13, 3:14 AM
Jun 2021
Very good episode
Mar 13, 4:08 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
great ep. although weird complaint it actually felt a bit tooo quick? i wanted some scenes to have more of an impact or slower explanation

i did read the manhwa first tho so i could just be picky

this fight is one of my favs in the manhwa. still good in the anime
Mar 13, 4:10 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
lingojk said:
Episode 11 is going to make Solo Leveling readers berserk.

Can’t wait for that singular word.

ahhh i know exactly what you mean hahaha

THE word
Mar 13, 11:13 AM

Jun 2019
One of my favorite battles was adapted perfectly!
Each episode of the show keeps getting better and better than the last. Sung now has a clear goal to help his mother, which adds even more meaning to his leveling up. Kang was the perfect test to show how much stronger Sung has become.
I liked how it was shown that Sung is not just an "assassin" because he is much stronger than the limited "classes". This moment is important because it allows the hero to be more versatile and not limited to one skill set, smoothly transitioning to future "power-ups". And with them, he will change a lot ;)
Mar 13, 7:45 PM
Nov 2022
Better in the manga, but still nice.
Mar 14, 5:49 AM

Mar 2024
Overall quite good episode, such a shame they did not include scene where SJW takes one of prisoners to boss room.
After watching those 9 episodes I must say it does nor give the manhwa vibe, as for me there are too many changes to manhwa (yet to read novel), animation is quite good, but not the best. I decided to watch till the end, but it is becoming more and more disappointing...
Mar 14, 6:52 AM

Jun 2020
I just understand why people in association is this stupid sometimes. There were at least 3-4 situations that I was like huh? But this one is somehow the stupidest one you have a boy who second time came from a place that he supposed to die. In first time he somehow gets he’s leg back and survives from an unknown thing. Yea I understand that he’s stats didint change so let’s say the first one was coincidence, but now for the second time he survives a B rank assassin and he looks different as fuck from the last time .Idk if it was me I’m gonna watch him a lot more closely there is definitely something not right
Mar 14, 9:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Jinwoo can kill a Range B also!!!
kekeke
Mar 14, 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
oooh! i'm impressed! this is such an impressive episode!
5/5.

Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
HMMM o____O now that I take a closer look, holy that long red haired healer gal is hawt asf O.O big ol breasts too hawt damn o.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 14, 3:34 PM
Jul 2021
puschie said:
Really disappointing… they just talk and talk and talk… at this pace they need more than 100 episode for the story… feels like the producer doesn’t unterstand the medium and try to re-create the manhwa word by word - this was ok for the beginning but now it’s almost over and nothing really happen - they should shorten this a lot and if someone is interested they can read the original.

i mean i get it, he is special and badass but it is needed to focus on this in every episode ? maybe i’m just to old for „omg he can do this?“ and all that bullshit, just feels like a story for kids :/

It was exactly like this in the Manhwa. Also, this is anime, of course they’re going to have dialogue during a fight.
Mar 16, 10:32 AM
Jan 2022
This episode was good, we had some awesome fights and badass moments.
Mar 16, 10:42 AM
Nov 2019
it was slow for me
maybe
Mar 16, 12:20 PM
Jun 2019
Sweet progression of the show and the whole convo with the dude from tiger guild was intense and juicy.
Mar 16, 2:31 PM
Jan 2024
I love Solo Leveling.... <3
Mar 17, 12:09 AM
Jan 2018
It’s too bad this anime hasn’t reached a 9 overall rating here on MAL but honestly considering this was made in Korea (the original source, I mean) and having borrowed a lot of elements from Japanese manga, and anime, I’d say this is probably worthy to be discussed!
Mar 17, 12:13 AM
Jun 2023
This episode was great build up and a solid entry to the series.
Mar 17, 6:44 AM
Sep 2021
Good fight, Sung Woo was amazing throughout it, animation was done well.
Mar 17, 8:07 AM
Sep 2019
The episode really highlighted the future of the anime and the ability of the animation team love to see where it goes from here
Mar 17, 1:04 PM
Apr 2019
The tribute to Dragonball. I'm still crying
Apr 2019
Apr 2019
Mar 17, 1:05 PM
Apr 2019
Mar 17, 1:07 PM
Apr 2019
Mar 17, 1:16 PM
Apr 2019
Mar 17, 10:38 PM
Dec 2019
good....................
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

445 by Misha_Frankyvsky »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

516 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

732 by nickehhhhhh »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Which k-pop artist do you want to do the op for the next season.

Hickykissy - Sep 16

17 by mackattack2306 »»
Oct 9, 5:10 PM

» Why do people think this is Anime of the Year material? ( 1 2 )

Hypnic_Nemesis - Apr 1

82 by Quadruple_Oi »»
Oct 7, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.