Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 8, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
That was really good. I hope he's okay.
Aug 8, 2020 11:51 AM

May 2015
new stage. new monstwrs. new kabu
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2020 4:59 PM

May 2009
But it suppose to happen in 7th episode...;_;7
Aug 8, 2020 7:57 PM
Feb 2014
This anime feels extremely rushed. This feels like something that should have been revealed in like epsiode 12 or the ending of the season. This opens up the series too much too quickly.
Dokia
Aug 8, 2020 11:03 PM
Oct 2019
Noo... Not Captain Kabu 😭
Aug 9, 2020 1:54 AM
Aug 2017
deca dence is a gadoll like how evagelion is an angel
Aug 9, 2020 4:41 PM

Apr 2018
Action-packed episode. Changed the storyline resulted in some twisted story that nobody knows about.
Aug 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
I wouldn't surprise if this anime is considered an "underrated cult series" in a few years
Aug 9, 2020 10:14 PM
Sep 2014
How the actual fuck is this anime only rated a 7 on this site. Deca dence is such a captivating and interesting show with 2 great MCs. The duality of the world is super cool, can't wait to see how they will likely crossover later on. Really hope Kabu is not done for here!
Aug 10, 2020 2:07 AM
Jul 2020
Whoaah things just got interesting,i was already getting bored of the show.I understood somethings better now so im less confused.
The animation was still lit as hell but i did not relate to kaburagi's feelings though.
I now understand the thing about humans playing the game with avatars and others are just npcs.just hope there will be better explanations here on out and i'll look foward to the next one.
-natsume was moving like crazy against gadoll alpha but then just stopped moving bcs kabus entrance.
-gadoll aplha makes me remember mimic alpha from edge of tomorrow.
-the monsters are still shit though.i thought gadoll alpha would be more badass.
Aug 10, 2020 5:09 PM

Mar 2017
This anime has too much pointless action. It's really being held back by it being 12 episode series. If it was 24 episode we probably would have had more build up and weight behind it all.
Aug 10, 2020 6:35 PM

May 2018
Some moments of really good animation this episode. Even sakuga for a few seconds here and there.

Well, in the first half of the episode anyway
SeijatachiiiiAug 10, 2020 6:48 PM
Aug 11, 2020 6:06 AM
Dec 2017
It bugged me that the girl was irrational to the point of insanity. I really wanted to bitch slap that girl. Also, that man should've let her die. It would have been the right thing to do. People who cause more problems to the point of killing others don't deserve to live.

In a way, I understand that the world is a scam; but that doesn't make her actions right. Doing evil deeds is not automatically considered good when you accidentally reveal the old man controlling the wizard of oz behind the curtain. (For Example: It is like rape killing 100 women to reveal the system is a scam. That doesn't excuse the 100 rape killings.)

I also didn't like the male character getting X'd at the end. I hope he comes back. I assume they are going to make the cunt a magical bug to save the human race; because no robot can figure out she's a bug. I mean, the magical most powerful "human" character being better than the best ranker gamer robot in the world is just not obvious enough, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love this show. I really do, everything about the animation and sound is top notch. I give it a 10 out of 10. The core story is 10 out of 10 too. I just felt this latest episode forced a few plot points far too hard, and caused it to feel less natural.
Aug 11, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2020
That's so sad... What's going to happen to Kaburagi. Natsume is gonna be lonely, and what about pipe's feelings?

Kyoto Animation rocks
Aug 13, 2020 3:18 PM

Mar 2009
VanishingKira said:
In a way this ep felt reminiscent of TTGL after they defeat

idk if I'm the only one that thought so.

For sure. Plenty of TTGL parallels. The ending of this episode sure threw me for a loop.

Honestly expected that one sister to die. Surprised she's still alive. RIP Kaburagi's avatar.
Aug 16, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2018
What a fantastic episode. There was some great action scenes here, and it felt so satisfying when the Deca-Dence punched the Stargate. I honestly don't mind the CG as it doesn't look too out of place. It's no HnK or Beastars but hey that's an exception, not the rule, unfortunately.

This goes for the whole show so far but I love Natsume's design and facial expressions. She's a great character and I hope the things she's going through serve as a good arc for her. The animation is pretty well done too, but I'm not surprised considering some of the staff from Mob Psycho 100 are on board.

This has been a really refreshingly creative anime and I'm really excited to see where it goes next, I really hope it doesn't shit the bed at some point. I think what I'm loving the most is the quick pace, and it doesn't waste time on fluff and filler like it would if this was a shonen. I mean, damn, all that happened and we're only on episode 5!

One last thing I wanted to point out is I love how dark this show is when you think about it. These people are suffering and fighting for their lives and the preservation of their race, while the robots are just having fun playing a game and it's like they don't even care about the human's suffering. The juxtaposition of their reactions to situations, especially at the end when the force field dropped and they saw the "real" world, was really interesting. The humans were all terrified while the Gears were like "oh boy, another level!". I love stuff like this. We need more of it in the future.
Aug 16, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
Felt like the last episode, now I'm curious to see how she will survive without her mentor. I'm hoping he is still alive though.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 20, 2020 8:56 PM
Feb 2019
Well, Kaburagi was pretty epic this episode, first saving Natsume, later confronting Alpha Gadoll, and at the end fighting the Stargate.
At the begining, Natsume and her group were being demolished by Alpha Gadoll, it definitely was designed to be unbeatable, strong and smart, a rule-changing adversary for the group; when Kaburagi arrived even he got problem with it, but at the end he, after breaking his limitator, killed it, one little detail was hearing him say Natsume saved him, that was good.
But things aren't so easy, he defied the rules, he changed the story, and now all players, humans and programmers got it hard with the mess that followed it: Stargate. The CGI here was outright bad, but at least it wasn't too much and dind't got too distracting, also, that trumpet section during the fight was very Star War-ish, interesting.
The final section after they beat it was bittersweet, at first everyone is relieved that it ended, but then the truth is (partially) revealed, the world is full of gadoll yet, and what they've done so far is little in comparison with what they face; that scene was really beautiful, the sunrise covering up the landscape and the colorful tone when the gadolls are revealed is just a pleasure to the eyes, great photography work there, as well as the music, the relaxing mood of the piece there accomplished the scene so well, first kinda glorious because of their victory, and later more dramatic with the big revelation, even a bit tragical. And well, finally Kaburagi is faced with the consequences of his actions, and the system decides to take him out of the equation, wonder if he's really gone now; "World needs mistakes", a thought provoking statement by him, I wonder how this idea will be developed in the upcoming episodes.
Aug 24, 2020 12:29 AM

Feb 2017
I can’t imagine Kaburagi is dead for good this early on, so I’m curious how convincing they’ll make his survival. After all, Mikey got obliterated for far less.
Sep 2, 2020 10:41 AM

Sep 2020
he is dead !!
okay it would be interesting to see how they are going to make the show dynamic makes sense after that .
Sep 9, 2020 9:34 PM
Mar 2016
His avatar was killed. Does that mean Kabu's getting scrapped? The limiter release was awesome.
Sep 28, 2020 7:30 AM
Oct 2019
This EP Was Awesome
Sep 28, 2020 7:31 AM
Oct 2019
This EP Was Something Else
Sep 28, 2020 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
This EP Was awesome I Am A Fan of This Anime Now
Oct 2, 2020 2:16 PM
Oct 2019
Excellent. This show is very good. Each episode is compelling.

The girl is becoming a bit irrational and impulsive which will grate on me if it continues for too long without her learning better.

Damn, they just killed boss man. I wonder how he thinks bugs will free the world... Why did that weird looking, anti but different need to beam into the game the kill the boss? Couldn't he have just yanked his avatar from the game and killed him in cyborg form?

And hold up. That Minato guy is a cyborg that helps create the "games" for the rankers/gears? And he "plays" the game, too, as a leader in the deca-dence? I'm assuming so he can keep an eye on the humans and not let the "game" get too out of hand?

When they sky changed and those land whale snail things appeared, I thought that was the "dome" coming down and that those creatures were actual creatures on earth, that the tankers had long beehives to be extinct. I thought they had crashed the system and entered the real world.

But alas, it looks like that was just the next game/level/quest loading? Haha DAYUM that sucks for the humans! The girl is starting to see that she's ignorant to the world and that boss man knows something he's not saying.
Oct 11, 2020 8:23 AM

Aug 2017
Natsume was evil in this episode. She recklessly fought causing one of her companions to almost die cuz her. How fantastic the battle would have been if the anime wouldn't have told me about having more battles after the 'final battle'. Honestly, the last two episodes were very tedious to watch, I hope it can recover later.

NurguburuOct 11, 2020 8:40 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 30, 2020 4:22 PM

Jul 2015
Some major events happening this episode with Kabu changing the 'storyline of the game', getting his avatar killed (still think he survives in AI form), and Natsume with the rest of the tankers discovering this wasn't the end of the Gadol. Really liked the great Sakuga quality animation in the fight.

Jan 2, 2021 1:10 AM

Oct 2010
one of the best episodes so far, great action and some people actually died, reminded me of shingeki no kyojin again. I expected something to happen, a "hero" like some character said prior to this episode, kabu defeats the giant gadoll and now the scenario is changed. I really don't know what to expect, I don't think kabu is dead though, that last scene was superbly done, "bugs are needed", then crazy crow, then he's shot.
Apr 13, 2021 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
Oh heck. Kaburagi dead!? I don't wanna believe that. He has to have some backup plan, right?

I'm beginning to doubt humans will be able to get away from this, but still hoping for it.

Apr 18, 2021 10:46 PM

Dec 2013
Possibly RIP Kaburagi. He really was a really cool character. Bugs will save the world!
Aug 6, 2021 12:30 PM
Mar 2020
man... Kaburagi sacrificed a lot for him to say those final words, especially for Natsume.

I hope they say sike and Kaburagi is okay by the next episode cus I dont think I can handle the fact that hes gone.
Sep 7, 2021 1:22 AM

Mar 2013
I'm glad I found this wonderful series.

Kabu that gave many things to the system just got terminated just because of a single disobedience. That system is overwhelming. Especially for an A.I..

Now I do wonder what will happen to Kabu...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 13, 2021 7:01 PM

Jul 2017
This was fucked. Obviously taking out the supposed nest won't mean shit, but shit's now gone up a bunch of levels as well. The reactions at the end were so priceless lmao

May 6, 2022 8:11 PM

Jul 2021
That was quite a twist with Kaburagi tbh
Dec 9, 2022 4:38 PM

Nov 2022
Overall this was a good episode and I am excited for where this is going, but I do think the Alpha seemed a bit underpowered. It would have been nice if Kabu (even with his limiter off) took a bit longer to take it out. As it stands, I am not sure why a few S-rankers working together wouldn't have been able to beat it (which must have been the plan for the storyline to work).
Dec 14, 2022 12:35 AM

Dec 2021
RIP I guess....lol
May 28, 2023 9:04 PM

Dec 2022
What an episode! The animation, the fluidity, the fight!

It is sad to see that Boss had to die due to the not obeying orders. It seems that the reason he didn't want Natsume to die is because she reminds him alot of the former ranker who died by "cheating" (removing his limiter).

And as we go through the episodes, the setting of the world is getting weirder and weirder. It seems that these robots occupied the earth and changed it to make it into a type of game allowing for entertainment. This could be clearly shown by the difference in reactions of the gears and the tankers. I wonder if there are a set number of stages which once passed will grant the humans freedom.
Aug 14, 2023 7:05 AM
Aug 2023
Damn, that fight against Stargate was badass. It seems to me like this is the beginning of the end for the corporation and their control of humanity. I hope Kaburagi isn't actually dead, that would majorly blow. If he is dead, though, that will be a major motivator for dead girl to blow the system wide open using her status as an non entity.
Feb 26, 5:22 PM

Jul 2021
A nice ep with an amazing fight. Everytime Deca Dence fires it looks amazing

May 6, 4:54 AM

Nov 2019
Who knew that they had to follow the storyline of Deca Dence. Kaburagi risked his life over the bug and altered rhe storyline after eliminating the gadoll and admitted to it in the end so he has to accept punishment. This is turning out to be an interesting watch, I wasn't sure what was going on but this episode confirmed it. The 'bugs' are dysfunctional existences in Deca Dence that alter the game world's timeline. Very good story so far and characters are growing on me the more they are deveiped
Jul 13, 8:09 PM

Dec 2018
Well, saw that happening. Didn't get too many answers here, but the Gears sure as hell did.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by AgentDuck »»
Sep 6, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

141 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.