Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 3, 2018 8:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I see the hate from the elitist fanboys has already begun lol

I never finished the series because I didn't have time to but from what I can remember from the first few eps, a lot of it was kind of a cluster fuck of info dumps and introductions and I greatly prefer what this remake did by just focusing on just one faction and one battle

This way we can actually get a feel for the mains and actually not have to spend a shit ton of time trying to remember who is who and everything that's going on....Plus imo this intro to Yang is fitting enough

But anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode a lot, the music was great, the CG actually looked very good and the pacing wasn't too fast or too slow either all the while giving the viewers decent intros to some of the more prominent characters from the Empire

Great start, and lol at the orginal fanboys assuming that newer videos won't like it lol....Reinhart alone should be enough to keep people intrigued because the dude is very similar to guys like Lelouch (Heck, I'm pretty sure Lelouch was created off of this guys' template)
Apr 3, 2018 8:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I quite enjoyed it. I thought the 3DCG stuff was pretty good as well, it feels futuristic. I do agree though that the character movements feel rather stiff, but that may be due to the character designs, since there are moments like when Reinhard confidently says that they are in perfect situation to win, and then everyone reacts at a different timing from one another.

I like the OP, but I knew when Sawano said he was going for a ballad that the ballad is only a ballad halfway until the chorus, lol. I'd hope it wasn't going to this way, and more like the OVA's OPs, but Binary Star is still nice to listen to, especially with Uru's voice (she still suits full soft songs like Freesia better though). Loved the ED song as well.

I have my complaints about some of the character designs, but I'd have to say, Fahrenheit looks the worst...he was quite handsome in a bishounen way in the OVA, but here...what up with the ugly sideburns and deep voice :( disappointed.

Oh yeah, and I like the atmosphere in this episode, the spacious feeling on the bridge of the ships, and the lack of bgm in many scenes. I appreciate the silence, which again, makes it feel more like they're in space, I guess.

Looking forward to the second episode!
Apr 3, 2018 8:22 PM

Sep 2016
Not gonna lie the CGI (I.G 3D) looks clean and very nice, Reinhard's flagships looks sexy. Great 1st episode imo.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 3, 2018 8:26 PM

Jun 2015
Newcomer here. Really enjoyed this episode! I was looking forward to watching this after my cell bio exam, and this episode really blew me away. To me it feels like, Production I.G. went all in and took this readaptation to heart. It was really easy for me to get immersed into the anime and get a feeling of the spaciousness of the galaxies. CGI was breathtaking (but what do I really know, lol) and so were the space ship designs. Looking forward to the next episode!
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Apr 3, 2018 8:27 PM

Jun 2013
As a viewer of the original adaptation, it is inevitable that I would begin this new series with a bunch of preconceptions. Still, if one views it as a standalone series, I have to say the new series has acquitted itself fairly well. Story-wise it is sticking closely to the original novels so there is nothing to complain about in that department.

If I had any complaints it would be purely about the aesthetics of the new series. The new character designs are tolerable, and the VAs did their best (it is very difficult to surpass the original cast, especially the late Tomiyama Kei, so I don't have very high expectations in the first place). However, I do not like how the warships manoeuvre in the new series, what with all the unnecessary banking. Whereas in the old OVA series, ships are depicted as using auxiliary thrusters for manoeuvring in space, which in my opinion is more realistic. And of course, the lack of a classical soundtrack is very disconcerting.
Apr 3, 2018 8:44 PM
Nov 2013
I recommend you give the episode a second try after a week or so if you didn't like it and kept comparing it to the original. You will go in with already low or no expectations and will be able to enjoy it better. Kept me from dropping the Kino no Tabi remake a few seasons back
Apr 3, 2018 9:58 PM

Apr 2009
Instead of nitpicking complaints, I'll bring up some random small things I liked about the episode.

I liked that, unlike the original series, there's actually variety in the fleet compositions. If you look at the battle scenes, you can tell that there are different classes of navy vessels (especially on the Imperial side). In the original, the only distinctive ships were the capital ships of the commanders (like Reinhard's Brynhildr).

They also seem to have toned down the Narrator in this series. Which is good, because the Narrator of the original series was a spoiling prick.
Apr 3, 2018 10:04 PM

Apr 2012
Overall the episode was kinda meh, the characters were so-so and the tactics of the actual combat was more the failure of the enemy rather than any intelligence of the plan itself.

Hopefully in a few episodes the stakes will be raised.
Apr 3, 2018 10:09 PM

Feb 2018
I really enjoyed it and personally couldn't find that much wrong with it but I haven't seen the original. Either way, it's not a remake so don't expect it to be a 1:1 modern version of the original. I think my only (minor) gripe with it so far was

For people complaining about the CGI - are you turned off by it because it's simply LotGH with CGI or because it actually looks bad? I might be a pleb compared to ppl who have seen hundreds of anime but I've seen CGI that looks waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than this and it's not even close. I thought the battle scenes were enjoyable.

Side note: I've seen some people questioning how they're going to cram the story into 12 episodes and 3 movies but from what I've been told they are not doing that at all. They are going to adapt an appropriate amount of source material for this amount of episodes. 3 movies should be equivalent to roughly 12 more episodes. After that they may create more seasons, it really just depends. I've never heard of an anime that announced "Hey guys expect seven seasons of this!" from the start so I'm not sure why some people are freaking out. I'm also deeply disappointed to see people giving it a rating after one episode. I feel like MAL shouldn't allow you to rate anime until a certain percentage of the show has aired.

I met the devil and god
and couldn't tell them apart.
Apr 3, 2018 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
Here is my comparison analysis from the old version and this new one ([-] = negative, [+] = positive, [=] = equal to old version) :

> [--] The Alliance's point of view side was very weakly illustrated; especially the characters (Wang, Wang's friend, and Lapp) - episode 2 needs to fix this.

> [-] No backstory featuring Reinhardt's sister or links to his current standing (we were told he had a weaker army in the original, whereas in the new version, it wasn't mentioned).

> [-] Discussion pacing. It feels like time is going to be important for this series, but a lot seems to be going slower in terms of when characters are talking to each other. There was a lot less information given than in the original.

> [-=] Music is less symbolic, but times have changed. LotGH was a reconstruction of past wars and social systems, so the use of classical music was symbolic in that sense. However, it's not to say that this choice is necessarily wrong, since the story is sci-fi, afterall. I still preferred the original's, but my opinion may change.

> [+] More accurate to futuristic technology.

> [++] Impressive visuals. Space is better depicted and the animation style fits this genre a lot more. I'd have been very glad if the original were made like this, which is probably what most people watching the remake are hoping for. Some hiccups with CG animation during character movement, such as when we see Reinhardt walking. However, it is still better than the old version movement.

> [+=] Less info dumping. We were able to focus on the events unfolding, which accelerated comprehension and pacing of the action. The original dumps names and links before we are even accustomed to anything. As mentioned however, this might've been done at the cost of discussion. For a new watcher however, this is easier to follow.

> [+] More accurate representation of how little time you have to react during war and how an unforeseen event can completely turn the tables. I did not feel this from the original. It also deviates from typical "shounen-esque" discussions occurring during fights, which is a relief.

> [Worry] Considering the events covered went only a sliver further than in the original's without covering the Alliance's side, I am practically convinced 12 episodes, if they are adapted similarly to this first one, will only cover 12 episodes of the original at most (meaning they might cover less). And, if what people are saying is true and they are possibly trying to condense the time 110 episodes takes into less time (using movies and whatnot), parts of the story will definitely be overlooked.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Apr 3, 2018 11:00 PM
Mar 2018
Even knowing about it before watching this, the bland and similar looking character design still bothers me. It takes the experience off for me and can't be helped since I'm not a big fan of this kind of design in the first place.

As for everything else, it is okay for the time being. I am going to reserve my judgement for now and see how this play out.
Apr 3, 2018 11:05 PM

Mar 2009
Already better than the original.
Apr 3, 2018 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
I thought that was pretty nice.
I wonder if they're trying to do a long-term 1:1 remake.
Apr 3, 2018 11:07 PM

Mar 2016
Sounds good, looks good, feels good.
Production IG taking over the best Space Opera, super good.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Apr 3, 2018 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
I don't dig how the characters look at all, it seriously is Kuroko no Galactic Heroes -_-

I did like most of the rest though, the cgi is good and those battles look like nice. I only finished the original a little over a week ago so i'm interested to see how these first two episodes compare to the original, honestly tho this could have been an hour special to get a better idea of both sides that are at war.
Apr 3, 2018 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
Shocks! never knew this was that good!
paired with Sawano Hiroyuki and nice ED by ELISA!
I thought this was from TROYCA but it was from prod IG! nice!
5/5.

Apr 4, 2018 12:45 AM

Jan 2015
FlamepriesT said:
So for now, is this better or worse than the original? It doesn't sound like it'll be rushed since they won't adapt the whole thing from what I've heard, but I don't think I'll watch this one if the original is decisively superior.

Not sure whether the start of the original wasn't that thrilling either, but the rating of this first episode is really low. It's kinda glaring for a series so well-rated.

This one has, of course, much better animation but they also seem to skip on some dialogues and a few scenes (that or they'll do it in another order). The original had a pretty important prequel movie before its start, and here it looks like they'll skip it altogether.
The start isn't that thrilling for either series, it's once you began to appreciate the huge scale of this universe and once you began to know the characters that it becomes good.
Zura_OrokamonoApr 4, 2018 8:48 AM
Apr 4, 2018 1:13 AM
Sep 2017
Decent. As a new comer to this series, i am hoping big things from this anime.

Apr 4, 2018 1:50 AM
Jul 2011
@Tokoya
Tokoya said:
Reinhart alone should be enough to keep people intrigued because the dude is very similar to guys like Lelouch (Heck, I'm pretty sure Lelouch was created off of this guys' template)

I think Lelouch is more of a Char Aznable clone (mask, hidden past, sister working for the opposite side ect) - also Code Geass and Gundam are both from studio Sunrise.
Apr 4, 2018 3:33 AM

Jun 2015
I've watched the old series up to some point, but man, this episode impressed me.

I think they nailed it. :))
ok :p
Apr 4, 2018 4:30 AM

Mar 2013
Sage_Shelton said:
The original OVA is my favorite anime of all-time and I've watched it 4 times in total, so it goes without saying that I'm a huge LoGH fan. After seeing some of the character designs and that boring ass trailer, I had pretty low expectations for this first episode. That said, I ended up being impressed with it. I still have some reservations, mostly in regards to pacing, direction, characterization, and maintaining the nuances of the original, but this is surprisingly a promising start. Bring on episode 2!

I had the same experience pretty much. Trailers really put me off, but after seeing the first episode in full I'm looking forward to the rest. It's not going to be as good as the original, but that's fine, it doesn't need to be.
Better than expected, but not amazing.
Apr 4, 2018 4:41 AM

Nov 2009
My elitism increases as I watch this episode.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 4, 2018 4:43 AM
Jul 2015
blob said:
Here is my comparison analysis from the old version and this new one ([-] = negative, [+] = positive, [=] = equal to old version) :

> [--] The Alliance's point of view side was very weakly illustrated; especially the characters (Wang, Wang's friend, and Lapp) - episode 2 needs to fix this.

> [-] No backstory featuring Reinhardt's sister or links to his current standing (we were told he had a weaker army in the original, whereas in the new version, it wasn't mentioned).

> [-] Discussion pacing. It feels like time is going to be important for this series, but a lot seems to be going slower in terms of when characters are talking to each other. There was a lot less information given than in the original.

> [-=] Music is less symbolic, but times have changed. LotGH was a reconstruction of past wars and social systems, so the use of classical music was symbolic in that sense. However, it's not to say that this choice is necessarily wrong, since the story is sci-fi, afterall. I still preferred the original's, but my opinion may change.

> [+] More accurate to futuristic technology.

> [++] Impressive visuals. Space is better depicted and the animation style fits this genre a lot more. I'd have been very glad if the original were made like this, which is probably what most people watching the remake are hoping for. Some hiccups with CG animation during character movement, such as when we see Reinhardt walking. However, it is still better than the old version movement.

> [+=] Less info dumping. We were able to focus on the events unfolding, which accelerated comprehension and pacing of the action. The original dumps names and links before we are even accustomed to anything. As mentioned however, this might've been done at the cost of discussion. For a new watcher however, this is easier to follow.

> [+] More accurate representation of how little time you have to react during war and how an unforeseen event can completely turn the tables. I did not feel this from the original. It also deviates from typical "shounen-esque" discussions occurring during fights, which is a relief.

> [Worry] Considering the events covered went only a sliver further than in the original's without covering the Alliance's side, I am practically convinced 12 episodes, if they are adapted similarly to this first one, will only cover 12 episodes of the original at most (meaning they might cover less). And, if what people are saying is true and they are possibly trying to condense the time 110 episodes takes into less time (using movies and whatnot), parts of the story will definitely be overlooked.

My thoughts exactly. I will say that This anime will suffer because of the damned hated CGI that everyone dispises. Still, they are not that bad comparing per example with Fist of Blue Sky. They have the means to make it as good as Land of the Lustrous. I believe people will understand how great this anime is and the rating will be high. Plot and Character wise are very good. I think this anime, if play their cards right and develop the plot and character like the OVA (and books) the rating will above 8.40.
perkunos.blogspot.com
Apr 4, 2018 6:40 AM

Jan 2017
With this, i watched Lapp died 3 times.

Reinhard hair is not as fabulous as the original lol. The only great thing that excite me is only the animation, looks pretty great. Aside from that the character design and the voice actors seems a bit off. Kircheis is fine tho, Yang definitely looks younger in here and Reinhard not charismatic as the original. (what am i talking about, i'm not even done with the original yet)
Apr 4, 2018 7:00 AM
Jan 2017
Wow,that was really a great episode,there couldn't have been a better anime for me to come out of break.
Apr 4, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
A pretty good start imo. Not bad at all compared to the original. Yes, the music is not as good as the original, but I really don't have much complaints on the animation, cg and the new character design.
Apr 4, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
It was fine in my opinion. The only real problem I had were the character designs which had me subconsciously thinking I was watching Kuroko no Basuke in Space. I love the original series, but fans of the old who are shitting on this need to realize that this isn't a remake but a retelling. There's a difference.
Apr 4, 2018 10:22 AM
Nov 2009
Kuroko no Galactic Heroes.

Jokes aside I enjoyed this more than I thought. As long as I don't compare it to the OVA's because it is an adaptation of the novels and not a remake.
Apr 4, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2008
Harlequina said:
Sage_Shelton said:
The original OVA is my favorite anime of all-time and I've watched it 4 times in total, so it goes without saying that I'm a huge LoGH fan. After seeing some of the character designs and that boring ass trailer, I had pretty low expectations for this first episode. That said, I ended up being impressed with it. I still have some reservations, mostly in regards to pacing, direction, characterization, and maintaining the nuances of the original, but this is surprisingly a promising start. Bring on episode 2!

I had the same experience pretty much. Trailers really put me off, but after seeing the first episode in full I'm looking forward to the rest. It's not going to be as good as the original, but that's fine, it doesn't need to be.
Better than expected, but not amazing.

If people go into this show expecting it to be better than the original, then disappoint will follow. I just want to see a reasonable adaptation for the modern era. So far, that seems to be the show we are getting.
Apr 4, 2018 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
Great start! The animation and CGI were really impressive. Reinhard seems like a very interesting individual. And that was quite an entrance by Yang lol. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 4, 2018 12:26 PM
May 2015
One thing I didn't understand about this anime.
Is it related to the old version?
And is this target to male audience? (Only from the mecha genre) bc to me the characters relationship had an yaoi aura. Especially the main two.
Apr 4, 2018 12:28 PM
May 2015
My opinion for this ep was good. I liked it, will continue to watch it. One thing is, I have a hard time with the Mecha genre, the teminology is hard and they talk too fast, but the handsomes and yaoi vibe is making me staying in this anime. Ship Kircheis and Reinhard LOL
Apr 4, 2018 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
Nemurasan said:
And is this target to male audience? (Only from the mecha genre) bc to me the characters relationship had an yaoi aura. Especially the main two.

It's a reboot with 100% more bishounen. And there's no mecha.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 4, 2018 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
I don't quite have anything to say about this, other than that I will raise hell on this forum if they change the character images to the new designs.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Apr 4, 2018 12:54 PM
May 2015
QuattroVaginas said:
Nemurasan said:

It's a reboot with 100% more bishounen. And there's no mecha.
Okey thanks! Understood.
Apr 4, 2018 12:56 PM
May 2015
Lestat- said:
I don't quite have anything to say about this, other than that I will raise hell on this forum if they change the character images to the new designs.
You mean chara design?! You don't like it?
Apr 4, 2018 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
I can't stop thinking about basketball when I see this XD
WELCOME TO THE SLAM
Apr 4, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2012
I really don't like the new character designs or the overuse of CGI but the first episode was alright enough. I would have preferred if they showed us more perspectives than Reinhardt and a small group of randoms from the FPA which die literally a minute after being introduced but there's still plenty of time in future episodes to flesh out the world a little more like the original did.
Apr 4, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
This was actually pretty impressive. I don't really like the new character designs, but I knew that going in (I like the new uniforms better than in the old series though). I'm seriously not seeing why people have such a problem with the CGI. I'll take this CGI over most modern film CGI any day. The designs are fairly creative while staying true to the art from the novels.

Otherwise... it's almost the EXACT same story as the first episode of the old OVA. Literally some of the same lines, because it's adapted from the same novel. Plot is the most important thing in most anime, so if you liked the old series, you can't fault the new adaptation at all here. Objectively speaking, this was actually a pretty good episode. It was a good start. I think they will see how Japanese audiences react and gauge how to go from there with the next series.

I'm just happy I'm getting more LotGH.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Apr 4, 2018 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
I say this as a big logh fan, time and desires change.

Changing market conditions and consumer population is changing.

Old seiyuus are dead, nothing to do

Drawings and types should be adapted to the present time, there is nothing to do. It could be 2D, but 3DCG is needed in space and war drawings.

As a result, there is no need to humiliate and detract, my score 10/10
Apr 4, 2018 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
good to see that battle tactics just as nonsensical as they were in the ova or novels, although the battles are actually exciting this time
i feel like this show will focus a lot more on those battles than political commentary tho judging by how long it'll be and how much time was given to the first space battle
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 4, 2018 4:09 PM

Jan 2017
Kyoukek said:
, and you don't feel wholly convinced of everything Reinhard says unlike the gravity his voice seems to command in the original

EXACTLY. I mean seiyuu is fine but being that i saw his work with Taichi (Chihayafuru) i can't get the high-school boy image out of my head(not to mention that the character design it's not helping either). But yeah the voice is super off, it's like is missing the authoritarian/spoiled undertones that made Reinhard such a piece of work.

Also, overall the episode was ok, i mean don't get me wrong, it was a nice and entertaining one but it lacks character, it lacks personality. very far away of how grandiose the first adaptation was. It's almost as if i'm watching a generic and decent Sci-Fi anime.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Apr 4, 2018 4:17 PM
Jan 2017
Honestly speaking, the new Legend of The Galactic Heroes is as much more of a disappointment than Tokyo Ghoul Root A and SAO. Yes, the CGI is done extremely well but that's it. We are talking about LOGH here, an Anime which set a benchmark in the anime world and that is something that this remake beautifully fucked up. Where do I even start?
1. These guys are trying to compress 110 episodes of the OVA within 12 episodes and 3 movies. WTF!!!!
2. The realistic character models are now replaced by the cliche anime models with spiky hair.
3. The much appreciated soundtrack is missing but the new one is decent too.
4. Yang Wenli is shown as a braggart which is totally conflicting with his character.
5. The pacing is just too fast for its own good.
Apr 4, 2018 4:34 PM

Jul 2015
kurocock was a mistake
Apr 4, 2018 4:36 PM

Sep 2010
Kushal_Ganguly said:
Honestly speaking, the new Legend of The Galactic Heroes is as much more of a disappointment than Tokyo Ghoul Root A and SAO. Yes, the CGI is done extremely well but that's it. We are talking about LOGH here, an Anime which set a benchmark in the anime world and that is something that this remake beautifully fucked up. Where do I even start?
1. These guys are trying to compress 110 episodes of the OVA within 12 episodes and 3 movies. WTF!!!!
2. The realistic character models are now replaced by the cliche anime models with spiky hair.
4. Yang Wenli is shown as a braggart which is totally conflicting with his character.
but they never said they were compressing the 110 episodes from the original ova into 10 tho.

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Apr 4, 2018 5:05 PM

Sep 2010
I love the OP/ED so much. The series itself I think its just average then again I thought the same with the original until after the first season before picking up in the second season.

I love the ship CGI, but the character's expressions felt so flat to me and I still don't think I can get over the designs they really should've picked a better person for the job. I'll still watch this even if there is a chance it will be a dumpster fire like Berserk was.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 4, 2018 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Kushal_Ganguly said:

1. They are only covering the first book, and that's already more episodes than the OVA series gave it
2. Fair enough complain, as it's a very subjective matter, and as I don't give it much importance tbh, let's leave it at that.
3. That's the one point I absolutely agree. We need some classical music goodness in this.
4. Wenli barely even shown up as a silhouete, much less opened his mouth to say even a single letter of more significant and defining dialogue.
5. The pacing is action packed but it's as much of a slow burner in overall content as the OVAs were thus far. Try watching the very first episode of that one again. The only thing added in here is more epic "pewpewpew" fun.

You are making no sense.
DanpmssApr 8, 2018 5:18 PM
Apr 4, 2018 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
still nutting over the OP just like me some good ol sawano

haven't gotten around to see the OG LoGH since it's a daunting task that i ant got the time for now a days and most of my knowledge on this series have just been funny gifs and it being meme as the holy grail of "elitism" on mal with a touch of gay-ness.

still i thought it was decent GCI is good and some of the art looks quite nice not sure what the big fuss was about the designs but the hate for this is super strong so 'shurg'

once we get deeper i'll like to see some better more rational opinions on how this pairs with the old OVA
Apr 4, 2018 8:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
megaload said:
@Tokoya
Tokoya said:
Reinhart alone should be enough to keep people intrigued because the dude is very similar to guys like Lelouch (Heck, I'm pretty sure Lelouch was created off of this guys' template)

I think Lelouch is more of a Char Aznable clone (mask, hidden past, sister working for the opposite side ect) - also Code Geass and Gundam are both from studio Sunrise.
I could see that comparison as well tbh
Apr 4, 2018 8:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kushal_Ganguly said:
Another terribly misinformed fanboy

1. We don't even know how far they're going to adapt the novel and more importantly, this current anime is only going to be adapting the first novel

2. Muh classic 80's art style has been replaced with a more modern style to get with the modern times, boo hoo - I get that the original art style is more fitting but we're in 2018, not the 1980's, art and animation has evolved and they're bringing this into the new age

3. The old track is indeed better but this one is still pretty good too (ESPECIALLY that amazing OP)

4. I don't even know how you came to this conclusion since the man was in the episode for like roughly 1 minute (Mind you we didn't even get to see him) and was pretty much saying the exact same thing he said in the original lol - The point of this episode was to not turn it into a clusterfuck like the original pilot did therefore we got to see more of Reinhart and just a tease of what to expect from Yang going forward

5. No its not....Unlike the original pilot that switched back and forth between multiple locations while introducing a shit ton of characters and throwing in tons of exposition, this episode focused solely on Reinhart, his main crew and the battle (With more focus on the battle via the action scenes) which btw 75% of what was shown in this episode was also included in the original

Now you tell me which one has pacing and ESPECIALLY editing and direction issues lol
TokoyaApr 4, 2018 8:36 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.