Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2015 11:52 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Sunakawa's screaming was hilarious.
Takeo challenging Ichinose for Yamato.
The Rinko cake looked really delicious.
Just love the relationship between Takeo & Yamato.
Gonna have to say that this turned out to be a surprisingly great and amazing show.
Takeo and Sunakawa's bromance was awesome and I loved it.
Overall I gotta give this show 10/10.
Sad to see it go. Hopefully we get a second season one day.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 24, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
Was a solid watch for me. There were moments that I loved a ton and parts that were a bit of a drag for me. Takeo certainly is quite the interesting main for a RomCom. Didn't care a whole ton for Yamato sadly, though she had plenty of cute moments. Suna easily was my favorite character and he always made situations that much more entertaining for me. The earlier episodes shined more than the latter ones. Still was a solid and fun watch though.
Sep 24, 2015 3:22 AM

Mar 2008
so sad that it ended .. this is one of my fave anime of the year .
Sep 24, 2015 3:46 AM

Apr 2013
Some parts dragged a bit, but I had a good laugh at least once every episode. And overall it was very sweet and I liked that there wasn't too much drama like in most other shoujos (at least that few that I watched), it just had a nice lighthearted feeling.
Sep 24, 2015 4:04 AM
Dec 2009
I knew it was going to end like this but don't care... still loved this ending!!
Over the past few years I've felt tired of the shojo and romance genres but I thoroughly enjoyed this series from start to finish. It managed to make all the cliches fun again. I've recommended it to so many friends over the past couple months, haha.

Takeo and Suna have the best bromance ever.
And Yamato is just so sweet.

Hoping Suna will be able to find true love later on in life :)

kyuudere said:
And lol, I didn't expect this man re-appearance!

Thanks to him, Takeo ends up with Yamato!

Nice catch!!
Sep 24, 2015 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoy the lightheartedness of the series but the only type of drama in the series being people trying to break them apart was kind of boring after a while. I do think it would've been a lot better as one cour though.
Sep 24, 2015 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
I was wondering how will the finale be seeing the last episode's ending, but turns out, it was such a delightful watch :')

Liked how the more monologues of the characters were added in it for more fun XD
And the animation felt somewhat superior in this one.

Knew Ichinose was a good guy, at least he's happy in the end.

It'd so much fun having friends like Takeo and Suna irl :')
They both were too good in the series. Especially Takeo... you just can't hate that guy :D

In the end, it was a very wonderful and heart warming series. A good shoujo anime comparatively to others. Would miss it :')
9/10
FinalFlash18Sep 24, 2015 5:09 AM
Sep 24, 2015 4:44 AM

Feb 2014
That was an enjoyable series :)

glad to see Takeo and Yamato okay again!

8/10.
Sep 24, 2015 4:46 AM

May 2012
9/10 suki daaa!!!
I despise woke people.
Sep 24, 2015 5:52 AM

Mar 2013
When you know it!

Sep 24, 2015 6:23 AM

Jun 2009
Lovely series.
Overall good anime. With some more or less interesting moments. And Takeo's 'Suki da!' started to get annoying after some time. Music was sweet, graphics okay, characters likable.
Just in general, heartwarming anime.
I would watch second season if it ever comes out.
8/10
I like pancakes.
Sep 24, 2015 6:43 AM

Dec 2010
Meh, predictable ending. This and Suna's stalker arc (or w/e it's called) were a chore to watch. This anime started out really strong. Too bad it became a bit boring past the halfway mark. Still loved the comedy and Suna though so I'm giving this a 7/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2015 6:59 AM

May 2009
What a great show, I'm definitely gonna miss it!
It is bit too cutesy for my taste, but that didn't matter at all because I enjoyed every episode :)

Ah, if there were season 2, I wouldn't feel this sad about it ending :'(
I'd give it 8+/10, but I might change it later, when it all sinks in.

The most valuable things in this world are the ones we can't see.

Thanks to the creators for keeping me warm throughout these seasons :) Yeah, even summer!
Sep 24, 2015 7:00 AM
Nov 2014
I'm glad this is over at last, the last few episodes almost made me bang my head into a wall honestly.
Sep 24, 2015 7:01 AM

Sep 2014
A solid ending to one of the best romance Anime I've seen since Lovely Complex! It was actually romantic! So yeah, 8/10.
Sep 24, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
Defiantly going to miss this show!!!! ;-;
The series ended on such a sweet place.
9/10

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Sep 24, 2015 9:55 AM

Oct 2012
P3dr05 said:
This ending was expected from a mile away. So much for the "This series is not like the others/it's so refreshing in comparison." type of comments regarding the series.

yes. I guess I expected TOO much.

Sep 24, 2015 11:26 AM
Jul 2014
Whelp, that was emotional.
Loved the episode, feel kinda empty now that the show's over :(
Sep 24, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2010
Nice end, Takeo was such a good guy brining the tools over to that tool
I feel there's still more to tell with the Sunakawa siblings and Takeo's family

Very enjoyable comedy/romance overall
Sep 24, 2015 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
Nothing for Suna in the end.

24 eps just focused on Takeo x Yamato.

k.
Sep 24, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2009
It would've been nicer if the anime had last about 13 episodes. I felt there were a lot of fillers. Too bad Sunakawa didn;t get a lot of focuss that I would've hoped. It would've been cool to see his own love-story. c: That could've been a good 24 episodes anime
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 24, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2013
I totally lost it when Takeo called Rinko by her first name ughhh.

8/10 sasuga Madhouse
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 24, 2015 2:17 PM

Mar 2014
We love you too, Takeo

Strong 7/10. Would've rated it higher if the middle hadn't been so tedious
MeinKaiser said:
Finally this crap is over
1/10
... You've got Kaori in your favorites though
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2007
Beautiful finale ;_; I'm so glad Takeo didn't say anything stupid to Yamato and let it all ride out, standing up for his love like a man. He even gained some respect from Ichinose. That hug before Yamato went to the competition and Takeo calling her by her first name were the best parts <3 I just love the those two so much. Adorable~
Sep 24, 2015 5:02 PM
Jan 2015
Loved it
Sep 24, 2015 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
I feel like I just got sucker punched. This final episode was full of so...much...win. Takeo stepped it up with his romancing and there was something really splendid at work here. The part where Takeo talks about being able to see things like the soul, heart, etc because of Rinko was really sweet and uplifting as well. Now why couldn't the rest of this be on that level?

Honestly I was so tired of this show and was about ready to get this done and over with, but this episode makes me wish there was more. Ore Monogatari had some golden moments, but they were too far and few in between. Too many episodes were spent on formulaic "SUKI DAAA" "Takeo-kun KYAAA ^_^ >///<!" and it felt like I had to sludge through valleys of mediocrity before reaching the occasional peaks of what this show had the potential for. I'm used to slowly unfolding shoujo romance, hell I love Kimi ni Todoke, but this one felt a step below easygoing - uneventful.

There were some fantastic possibilities here with this set up and I'll happily give credit and say that they tapped into it sometimes. But it still felt like a great amount of potential was unused and it settled for less than what it could truly accomplish for the bulk of the series. Particularly delving into Sunakawa's character more as well as adding layers to Takeo and Rinko's relationship. SUKI DAAA SUKI DAAAAA SUUUKIIII DAAAA oh sorry what? I just had an outburst.

This could have easily been condensed to 12-13 episodes for the same effect. Long story short, too much of the show was playing on the one trick pony, and the whole "SUKI DA!" went from "Hahahaha Takeo is a riot" to "iie senpai, let me blow our brains out!"

7.5/10, tempted to raise it up to an 8 for the fresh start, Sunakawa's hospital arc, and this last scenario. But overall my mixed feelings towards all of this left a slightly more sour aftertaste, which is not sweet or salty Yamato.
Sep 24, 2015 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
"The important things in life like feelings, hearts, and souls, are all things you can never see. The more you try to reassure yourself that they exist, the more you feel they don't exist at all. But right now, I know for sure that they do exist. They're so close, you can touch them" - Takeo Gouda

Great start, iffy middle part and a strong finish. Despite that feeling that it was going slow, I eventually enjoyed the pace of the first time relationship and the character building after that point on. I don't think it needs a season 2 but I do know that I am going to miss this show.
Sep 24, 2015 8:20 PM
Jun 2011
Coela said:
I loved this show so much. A favorite of mine! And what a great way to end a great series.

ichigo_daisuki said:
Nooo! I miss Ore Monogatari!! already ( ≧Д≦)!

Same. My wednesday's will be so dull without Ore Monogatari!!

I put off watching the last few episodes because I knew it would feel like this. :( It's alwasy so bittersweet watching the last episode...

I got a bit choked up at the end and a couple tears trickled down my cheeks watching this last episode. What a warm and loving and amazing anime! I hope there will be another season and we get to see more of everyone! <3
Sep 24, 2015 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:
MeinKaiser said:
Finally this crap is over
1/10
... You've got Kaori in your favorites though

rekt
Sep 24, 2015 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
Another great anime reaches its heartwarming end. c:
Enjoyable until the end. 9/10
I woudn't mind a spinoff/OVA/Special about their sons.
Sep 24, 2015 8:58 PM

Feb 2013
Ah, great show. It was interesting to watch a romance that happened so early on in the anime, instead of the usual wait until the very end until they finally get together. It was refreshing to say the least.

8/10
Sep 25, 2015 12:24 AM

Jun 2009
It was good. 7/10
Sep 25, 2015 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
"I'll be fine Yamato. Even if you don't choose me, i'll support whatever decision that makes you happy, but i want you to choose me".

This made me bawl like a baby.
Decent show, dragged in many places but nice characters.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 25, 2015 12:50 AM

Nov 2013
The episodic nature on the middle half didn't fit well with the show, low 5.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 25, 2015 2:05 AM

May 2010
It finally ended. It was okay. Meh start. Good mid. Okay end. 6/10. Takeo was annoying so many times, I can't count. He did improve in the mid though. Suna was the best. Yamato was cute, too.

Now, watch me as I forget about it forever.
Sep 25, 2015 5:51 AM

Jun 2009
TragicRomance said:
It finally ended. It was okay. Meh start. Good mid. Okay end. 6/10. Takeo was annoying so many times, I can't count. He did improve in the mid though. Suna was the best. Yamato was cute, too.

Now, watch me as I forget about it forever.

Forget what?
Sep 25, 2015 7:00 AM

May 2013
NAAAAHHH SEASON 2 WHEN. FUCK I"M GOING TO MISS THIS SHOW :'(
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Sep 25, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2014
I'm going to miss Maki, she's one of my favourite characters (even though she doesn't do anything but sit there and look cute). I'd really like to see what kind of girl she grows up to be like and her interactions with Takeo, Rinko and Suna.

I love this series sooooooo much for a simple reason:
Committed, faithful and unselfish love that reaches deeper than skin-deep.

This anime made me reflect about life and it had several lessons worth thinking about. Takeo and Rinko are examples of how one can 'love his/ her enemies'. They always thought the best of others and remained kind-hearted and positive regardless of whatever life throws their way. I've watched so many shows where the protagonists become jealous and try to fight for their rights. So this was a very refreshing take about how one can respond to the different situations in life.

Lastly, just a short rant: Takeo vs Ichinose. I've learnt something from them too. Do we love people because we see them for who they are? Because we want them to be happy (even if that means sadness on our part)?
Or do we love them because of what they can do for us/ how it benefits us, do we love them because we love to hear the (only) the good things that they say about us?
I totally understand why three girls would fall in love with Takeo in this series.
Sep 25, 2015 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
It was so nice of Takeo to bring the tools to Ichinose. He (Takeo) and Yamato patched things up and continued being adorable.

A really refreshing series. So adorable it gave me diabetes.
Sep 25, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2015
I actually liked this show a lot!

Unique for his genre, plus every character is really good, at least imo. Pretty rare for me not to dislike one or two charachters from the series, so i'm suprised in a good way. Sadly that anime ended, it's always nice to have fluffy feelings once a week from a show :)

9/10!
"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside of ourselves and our dreams."
Sep 25, 2015 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
ichigo_daisuki said:
Nooo! I miss Ore Monogatari!! already ( ≧Д≦)!

I'm definitely going to miss my mini daily dose of happiness every week T.T

I hope a unique romance anime like this comes out in the near future~

Suna and Takeo's mom's screams were too funny LOL
Sep 25, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
P3dr05 said:
This ending was expected from a mile away. So much for the "This series is not like the others/it's so refreshing in comparison." type of comments regarding the series. After the first 5 episodes, the show became stale and was dragged on more than was necessary.

Eventually, the same patterns were repeated for comedic effect, having been overused already. It would have been fine if this series were 12 episodes long. Still, how the plot progressed and the weight of the characters make the series forgettable at best.

I know it isn't supposed to be truly realistic from the beginning, but the way everything plays out and the amount of time it takes for things to unfold just makes you question the integrity of their relationship from start to finish.

^ This. Period.
Sep 25, 2015 5:50 PM

Oct 2010
Watching Ore Monogatari is like listening to techno music: A repetitive beat draws you in, and spending enough time with it, you expect to hear a melody—but that melody never arrives, and in the end, all you're left with is a headache.

To compare Ore Monogatari to another slice-of-life anime from this year, Koufuku Graffiti is also largely uneventful; but Koufuku Graffiti succeeds in creating a warm, inviting atmosphere, and it allows its characters to grow and relate to one another at a reasonable pace. While Ore Monogatari may have a distinct art style, it lacks the compelling atmosphere of a show like Koufuku Graffiti; and even with 24 episodes, the characters of Ore Monogatari have little to no character development—or at least not enough to make an impact.

Even worse, we're introduced to various multi-episode subplots and side characters that are completely jettisoned by the series' end. Where most shows have one or two episodes that feel like filler, the vast majority of episodes in Ore Monogatari feel like filler. The 24-episode stretch is needlessly tedious.
TheVulpixSep 25, 2015 5:57 PM
Sep 25, 2015 7:01 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, this anime. I've enjoyed it so so so much during these two cours and having it come to an end feels odd I must admit. It had some downs here and there (mostly in the middle) but for me it has been enjoyable nonetheless.

As for this episode I'm pretty satisfied actually. There were some really good moments and it all ended on a good note. The insert piano version of the ED was stellar. Now I can only hope for a second season, but till then the manga will have to do (and it does!).

This goes into one of my favorite anime. As much as I'd like to rate this 10/10 it did have flaws and therefore my final rating will be 9/10!

Well done Madhouse.
Sep 25, 2015 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
Man. I'm going to miss this show. One of the few shows to put me in a good mood even when I was down. Every week was 23 minutes of bliss. Couldn't help but have a smile on my face while watching each episode.

As a shoujo, it did a good job of defying the usual tropes and cliches. Hell, the main characters were in a relationship from the start, which is almost unheard of. Any misunderstandings were cleared up almost instantaneously. Really, it was a breath of fresh air when compared to other shoujo.

I think what sums up Ore Monogatari the best is that it's a genuinely nice show about genuinely nice people. Even Suna, as complex as he was, wore his heart on his sleeve. A story about honest and good-natured people? Refreshing.
Thanks for another wonderful anime, Madhouse.

Needed more Ai, though. I loved her.
Sep 25, 2015 8:58 PM
Aug 2015
I liked the show from beginning to end- it was very cute and lighthearted. This was worth the wait.
Sep 26, 2015 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
Suki da ! This anime is perfect, after each episode I said that. The humor and the romantic moments are great. All the characters are interesting, Suna, Takeo, Rinko, Ai, Saijou, Takeo's family ... Even the songs are very good. It was one of my favorite. I will miss it T_T.
Sep 26, 2015 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't pick this show up until I saw nice reviews.

A very enjoyable ride and I really like suna as a very supportive friend. And how takeover supported suna when his father was sick. Very nice bromance with one has a girlfriend.

Not the typical shoujo. I love this!
Sep 26, 2015 4:13 AM

Aug 2011
Really enjoyable, it was a nice watch.

7.5 / 10.
Sep 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
Nice and sweet last episode.
I also liked the bromance, just the last minute drama was meh.

7/10 for me.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2015

274 by Bles- »»
Sep 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

205 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 25, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

173 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 25, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

202 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 25, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2015

143 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 25, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.