Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apologizing each other. But the pair has 2 conditions for doing gags! (lol their faces!) Another one shot and towards kids and above? Another NEXT. Needing female character for manga (because female isn't enjoying their works). And to animals, so going to the zoo. Female mangaka is there, too. They can exchange ideas!!

Shuujin is impressed with the university she goes. She thinks that Saikou's love is wonderful, and they talked whole midnight! Miyoshi is suspicious of Shuujin.

Novelist girl still looking down at manga.

Then she led the novelist girl meet Shuujin. Having goal doesn't matter with which one's better...

The assistant is stopping them from doing the gag.

Saikou letting Miyoshi to clean up, and saw the female mangaka's letter to Shuujin in the novel.

Next ep. is January 7.

Kanade-chan said:
Miyoshi found the letter refered to Takagi and not Saikou. Saikou is Mashiro~

Thanks. Fixed that part already.
tsubasaloverJan 2, 2012 1:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2011 9:36 AM

Dec 2007
tsubasalover said:
Saikou letting Miyoshi to clean up, and saw the female mangaka's letter to Saikou in the novel.

Dec 25, 2011 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Oh boy, a misunderstanding leaving Kaya feeling heart broken. Certainly didn't help that she was unable to contact Shuujin by phone which made her suspicious.
Dec 25, 2011 10:37 PM

Mar 2011
EDIT: I found subs! >:] (at animecrazy)

I don't know how they do it, I mean, any way you look at it, Bakuman should be a pretty boring series, and yet it's amazing! And I love how it's more realistic than your average shounen, and I don't just mean that they are normal kids without superpowers, but they also fail more than they succeed, which makes the series more interesting and less predictable, and also more relatable.

At first I really wasn't a fan of Miyashi's character, but she's really quite a trooper, and she's not your typical anime girl either. She's realistic too, making us viewers all the more sympathetic.

And is it just me, or does it seem like episodes of Bakuman feel longer than your average episode of shounen anime? maybe it's because there's less recap, flashback, filler moments, and drawn out battle scenes or sentimental scenes. Every episode of Bakuman just feels more fulfilling and actually has plot development. :D

How have you watched this already? I can't find the eng sub... OTL Is no one subbing because it's Christmas? uuwwaaahhhhhh T.T

(sorry for sobbing on the forum)
Face-PaintDec 26, 2011 5:39 PM
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Dec 25, 2011 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
No subs out yet, so watching raws. It's enough to get the general idea although this episode was heavily dialogue driven. Poor Kaya--but Takagi has got to smarten up and begin treating her more like a very important person in his life otherwise she is gone.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 26, 2011 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
lately ive been wondering if takagi and miyosi were still "together" ..OMG i csant beleve miyoshi found that letter!!!!!!!!???
Dec 26, 2011 6:04 PM

Dec 2010
Miyoshi's gonna make me cry.
Damn it all.
thewallflowerbuttonnew.png
Dec 26, 2011 6:12 PM

Mar 2011
Poor Miyoshi~ ;A;
Dec 26, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 2011
Miyoshi!! T^T...
Dec 26, 2011 7:08 PM

May 2010
It's not like she deserved him in the first place.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 26, 2011 10:31 PM

Dec 2011
I wondering how Shuujin and Mashiro will fair with this new gag anime despite all the warnings Takahama is giving them. Shuujin needs to take better care of his things. He carelessly put Iwase's book on the shelf without thinking about Miyoshi. The last scene with Miyoshi was boring. Seeing her crying was kinda cute but its all just a misunderstanding.
Dec 26, 2011 11:01 PM
Feb 2009
Confucius said:

I don't like Iwase either. However it looks like she'll become the catalyst that brings Takagi and Aoki together. At least that's what the writing on the wall seems to suggest. With this huge misunderstanding bound to split Miyoshi and Takagi up and Aoki learning that Nakai has gotten over his feelings for her it's just setting the stage for such an outcome. I don't mind so much though. I love Miyoshi, she's like the show's cheerleader, but I really felt like the sparks were flying between Takagi and Aoki. There's no denying their chemistry. Compare that to how Miyoshi and Takagi got together and it almost seems that they don't stand a chance.

However, it's still very early so I could be entirely wrong.
Dec 26, 2011 11:09 PM

Dec 2011
Jay_Ox said:
Confucius said:

I don't like Iwase either. However it looks like she'll become the catalyst that brings Takagi and Aoki together. At least that's what the writing on the wall seems to suggest. With this huge misunderstanding bound to split Miyoshi and Takagi up and Aoki learning that Nakai has gotten over his feelings for her it's just setting the stage for such an outcome. I don't mind so much though. I love Miyoshi, she's like the show's cheerleader, but I really felt like the sparks were flying between Takagi and Aoki. There's no denying their chemistry. Compare that to how Miyoshi and Takagi got together and it almost seems that they don't stand a chance.

This pretty much describes my thoughts on the relationships, but I'm leaning more toward Miyoshi and Takagi staying together, don't think Bakuman would pull such a thing...
Dec 26, 2011 11:19 PM

Jan 2011
Having watched the subs now I feel even more for poor Kaya (and also Aoki). Takagi really needs to pay more attention to Kaya and he needs to act quickly to make up with her. Kaya has been acting as a one person support service for both Mangaka over the past four years and she clearly really cares about Takagi.

As for Aoki--it looks like she might not be totally indifferent to Nakai, based on her reaction to the news that Nakai may be interested in someone else. It seems clear that she doesn't have a lot of experience with love or affection. No doubt her conversations with Takagi are probably the first long ones she has ever had with a boy about emotions or other important things. It's no wonder that she develops a bit of a crush on him, but Takagi doesn't seem that interested in anyone other than Kaya.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 27, 2011 1:18 AM

Dec 2010
I welcome the Aoki development because in the first season she was up their with that musician for the characters that i truly disliked so perhaps this will give her more personality. As for Miyoshi; shouldn't she confront him face to face before jumping to conclusions it would clear the air; and even if it wasn't a misunderstanding she would be able to tell by reading his face considering what we have seen from Takagi in pressure situations. I think the whole matter will be resolved in two episodes at the most; most likely next episode since i don't picture Bakuman taking that kind of turn in plot for very long.
Dec 27, 2011 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
I can't believe it's this arc already. Miyoshiiiiiiiiii!

Seeing Aoki with this much screen time makes me remember the latest chapter of Bakuman manga.
Dec 27, 2011 6:49 AM
Nov 2010
Unfortunately, I could see that coming...
I am cheering for Miyoshi!
Dec 27, 2011 12:22 PM
Apr 2010
heeeehhhh... Nice side stories going on in the anime.

This series just gets better and better.
Dec 27, 2011 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
Fucking Takagi. This episode makes me hate him so much.
Dec 27, 2011 2:40 PM

Dec 2010
Isn't Aoki, like, almost twice Takagi's age? I'm totally not cheering for them to be together.

Takagi... Must... Stay... With... Miyoshi
Dec 27, 2011 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
damn even after all the foreshadowing i wasn't expecting that letter to cause such a big misunderstanding so soon :(!.
Dec 27, 2011 4:04 PM

Feb 2011
Well, felt pretty rushed, in comparison to the manga.
But that's not really bad. The episode still was pretty nice.

itsvero said:
Fucking Takagi. This episode makes me hate him so much.

Huh? Like...what? He has done pretty much NOTHING to hate him for? Well, he's pretty unconsiderate about Aoki. But why should a guy always think "have to watch out, girls could fall in love with me, if I talk to them, ohoh"? And he doesn't have ANY intention of betraying Kaya or something like that.

Dec 27, 2011 11:12 PM

May 2010
katsu044 said:
damn even after all the foreshadowing i wasn't expecting that letter to cause such a big misunderstanding so soon :(!.

Same here. I thought Miyoshi will caught Takagi either with Iwase or Aoki and will the cause the misunderstanding.

Anyway, I'm still in for Miyoshi-Takagi pairing but Aoki-Takagi is quite good too. I don't hate Iwase though.

Dere-dere Aoki <3
Dec 27, 2011 11:33 PM

Nov 2010
Aoki is my fav. Id like to see her end up with Takagi but that prob wont happen im pretty sure Takagi still likes Miyoshi. great episode.
Dec 28, 2011 4:41 AM

Jan 2010
rodac said:
Having watched the subs now I feel even more for poor Kaya (and also Aoki). Takagi really needs to pay more attention to Kaya and he needs to act quickly to make up with her. Kaya has been acting as a one person support service for both Mangaka over the past four years and she clearly really cares about Takagi.

As for Aoki--it looks like she might not be totally indifferent to Nakai, based on her reaction to the news that Nakai may be interested in someone else. It seems clear that she doesn't have a lot of experience with love or affection. No doubt her conversations with Takagi are probably the first long ones she has ever had with a boy about emotions or other important things. It's no wonder that she develops a bit of a crush on him, but Takagi doesn't seem that interested in anyone other than Kaya.

I dunno that Takagi is madly in love with Miyoshi? I'm not sure that he feels more than like for her. Of course, we don't know what they're doing in between episodes but based just on what happens each week, I haven't seen it.

Aoki probably has limited feelings for Nakai, probably based only on respect for his animation talents and dedication. But while she possesses a rather cool personality — she used the word tsundere to describe herself — she isn't oblivious to him. His mad efforts to make their project successful did finally register with her. Perhaps her feeling that he has spurned her, after confessing, has sparked something in her own heart. Not responding towards him but just opening up in general. Combine that with the time spent and discussion around romance, women's hearts and dreams… anyway, she just, finally, became an interesting character.

Not saying that Takagi will fall for her but I don't think he's interested in anyone at this moment, including Miyoshi. He's interested in his dreams. He may like Miyoshi but he tolerates her because she doesn't detract from his pursuit of those dreams.

This story just developed some interesting complications, and for the first time in two seasons, I'm looking forward to the next episode. This series has had a tendency to solve all problems in the same episode that they arose which sort of kills interest in the next episode.
Dec 28, 2011 5:30 AM

Feb 2011
Well, an episode concerning mainly Takagi ain't that bad either. 4/5
Dec 28, 2011 12:49 PM

May 2008
;_; Miyoshi no..this is AWFUL. What the shit. I don't like seeing her cry. She's so sweet...now I need to see the next episode.

Dec 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
Liked the episode. Takagi will stay with Miyoshi anyway, so.. I don't really like Aoki, but they are cute together.

However, more importantly, gag manga. I was against since Miura started to laugh at it.xD Really, Takagi's stories are just more amazing when they are serious (even nor I can't read them). I like the plot for this one, and I guess it'll do fine, but fall after few chapters, and hope they'll get back to Future Watch after that.

This airing is just too damn slow.TTwTT
Dec 28, 2011 8:43 PM

Nov 2008
Not a big fan of Miyoshi. That crying scene did nothing for me, but I do kind of feel bad for her, because I wouldn't want to find myself in her situation.

I like Aoki though, I think her and Takagi would make such a cute couple. Doubt it will happen though, but I like them together. A love triangle between Takagi, Aoki, and Iwase would be awesome!!

It really can't be helped that he likes Miyoshi......

Still....Takagi x Aoki, hope they have more interactions in the future, whether romantic or not...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 28, 2011 9:34 PM

Jun 2010
Good, Miyoshi is annoying as fack.
Dec 29, 2011 3:32 AM

Sep 2008
HECK YES!
Go Iwase, go, destroy that lame relationship that Takagi has.
Takagi should be worshiping the ground underneath those delicate feet of hers.
The grace of the goddess Iwase never fails to impress.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2011 3:46 AM

Nov 2011
love triangle here we go!!! damn shujin you should just be a pimp instead of mangaka

they cut certain part from manga but it doesn't matter

eventhough I don't like this part in the manga, the anime managed to make me interested...
good job jc staff!!
Dec 29, 2011 10:55 AM

Jun 2008
poor miyoshi, but yes is all a big misunderstanding because not even takagi have seen that letter XD

he just taked the book and put it there like whatever XD

oh myy I want to see what will happen next owo
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Dec 29, 2011 12:20 PM
Jan 2011
Kanade-chan said:
tsubasalover said:
Saikou letting Miyoshi to clean up, and saw the female mangaka's letter to Saikou in the novel.

Oh boy it looks like trouble for Takagi.
Dec 29, 2011 3:46 PM
Jan 2011
This anime should be renamed to "Takagi's Harem."
Dec 30, 2011 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
Would be fun if the anime deviated from the source material. :D
Dec 31, 2011 1:23 AM

Feb 2008
Gooood episode. Trouble brewing for takagi, and I really like the takagi x Aoki stuff in this episode. :S
yahzeeDec 31, 2011 1:27 AM
Jan 1, 2012 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
Damn you Iwase.
Knew something bad would happen in this ep.

Jan 1, 2012 6:42 PM

Dec 2011
Jay_Ox said:
Confucius said:

You sir are goint to get a surprise... Iv'e read the manga, and not givving any spoilers, but... i let you see by sour self... there is a big surprise.
Jan 1, 2012 8:04 PM

Jan 2008
I don't dislike Miyoshi by any means, and I think she's done an incredible amount to help and support the boys. She deserves a lot.

That saying, though, Takagi's always seemed rather lukewarm with her. Their relationship seems to me more like very close friends.
Jan 1, 2012 8:48 PM

Jun 2008
Loved it when Takagi said that Iwase is 1000 better than Miyoshi but he still likes Miyoshi 2000 times more. He seriously better not leave her >_< poor girl, she's been my favorite female from the start.

Can't stand Iwase. Didn't like her in the past, dislike her even more now. What an immature brat.
Jan 1, 2012 10:31 PM
Nov 2011
Hey I'm new here, but I've been following the show eagerly since S1. :)

This episode kind of got me frustrated with Takagi as a person due to how he treats Miyoshi. She does a lot to support him and Mashiro yet he doesn't seem to recognize her effort much. He could have even called Miyoshi earlier and straightened out why he was busy at night on the phone.

Iwase is back too, and still seems bitter about "breaking up" with Takagi. Here's hoping she gets good character development if she's sticking around...
Jan 3, 2012 12:36 AM

Jan 2011
Honestly, Takagi is the man. He has woman chasing after him and it should be that way. Guy is 18 making $$$$$$, Miyoshi best know her place =)
Be humble or be humbled.
Jan 3, 2012 4:14 AM

Nov 2010
Kanade-chan said:
tsubasalover said:
The letter was written by Iwase, the novelist.

I watched part of the second season (ep.4? to ep.13), since they were aired in a row yesterday and today. The second season is far better than the first season. Especially, I love this episode and the cool beauty Aoki. She is more girlish and cuter than I thought. Even though no fan service related in their conversation appeared, this episode is attractive enough.
"Did you have such an experience?"
"um... I might have had one..."
Jan 3, 2012 8:30 AM

Sep 2009
Jay_Ox said:
Nice analyzation :D But will Takagi and Aoki really get together? I like them together. There is really chemistry and sparks in their conversation. They definitely like each other. But i like miyoshi too, however lately it's like they are not even a couple, they look like best friends.

This episode make me like Aoki :3 Now i can relate to her character. And she stoping the calling once she found out he has a girlfriend is really cool.
Jan 3, 2012 9:24 PM

Nov 2007
FanPower said:
Isn't Aoki, like, almost twice Takagi's age? I'm totally not cheering for them to be together.

err what? she's in college and him and Mashiro are around 18 or so around now I think or close to it. so a couple years at best.

anyway Iwase and Aoki were always better than Miyoshi. she's loyal but annoying. would have made for a good love triangle, but Takagi wasn't interested. Don't know why people would get mad at Takagi, dude did nothing wrong.
Jan 4, 2012 5:06 AM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
FanPower said:

err what? she's in college and him and Mashiro are around 18 or so around now I think or close to it. so a couple years at best.

anyway Iwase and Aoki were always better than Miyoshi. she's loyal but annoying. would have made for a good love triangle, but Takagi wasn't interested. Don't know why people would get mad at Takagi, dude did nothing wrong.

Miyoshi might annoy some of you because of her happy talkative attitude and the fact that she doesn't really make something relevant to the story so you feel like she's a waste of air time but as a person she's exactly the opposite of annoying. If you saw her from being her boyfriend view instead of the viewer then she's actually one of the less annoying girlfriends anyone could ever find.
Where in the world can anyone find such a young girl that thinks so little of her own needs and has so much understating? She gives amazing support to Takagi and she even helps and became friend with his friend and co worker. She hardly asks anything much and she always serves as a moral boost not only to him but his friend too.
As a character in a series she might seem like useless and annoying to some viewers, but as a girl and a girlfriend she's an amazing and rare person.
Jan 4, 2012 6:48 AM

Jul 2011
FanPower said:

agree :)

She's million times better than both Aoki and Iwase.

And also, I don't think Takagi wants to break up with her.... so there's nothing to discuss :))
Jan 4, 2012 8:28 AM

Jul 2009
Takagi clearly doesn't understand a woman's jealousy :P
Jan 5, 2012 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
Miyoshi. T.T Takagi, fix this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 10, 2012

99 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 14, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 14, 2012

123 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Jun 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

121 by tsog »»
May 28, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

73 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.