Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 18, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
So the cast reached a point of deciding what to do what their future. Careers!

Kiui and Kanon had the most chemistry this episode. What I didn't expect is them going to a training camp together for motorbikes. The bath scenes were kinda priceless. Glad to see Kanon had fun this episode.
May 18, 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
In the end, what is Kiui's cup size? The bathing scenes was fking good.
Another great episode. It was very nice to see those characters talking about their future.

Same location as Love Live Nijigasaki S2
何それ?意味分かんない
May 18, 10:10 AM
Jul 2023
Yoru tighten her relationship with Kona through vow of support.
Love it when things come full circle and love how Yoru keep teasing Kano.

Koharu is an interesting character, now we just have to wait for her story to unfold.
The fan service scene is certainly unexpected
May 18, 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
We have already touched this subject a bit before, but just a little. Tho now we got much more deeper dive into it.

One day our gang of content creator girls would need to make that choice, as they are all still underage and their life path is unsure. What is that they want to do for their future, a stable job, or chasing a dream ? And can their dream sustain them, many Jelly like bands/groups crashed and burned when met with adulthood before ...

The anime has been decently realistic, so i wonder how they gonna handle this.
May 18, 10:20 AM

Feb 2021
Seems like it's delayed on Hidive

On one hand, we got really good character moments and interactions this episode.
On the other hand... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM so what's the cup size
Really good episode again. The game references were unexpected.
EmbientMay 18, 12:44 PM
May 18, 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty dull overall but some characterization moments were there I guess not a complete waste of time to watch as music takes a backseat for the episode. Bathing scene here didn't do much for me there either. This show I really hoped would be clicking for me since the writing can be there at times but mentally, I'm not really buying the chemistry and characters much and yeah, was hoping this would be intriguing like a Bocchi but can't really buy into much from this. The ending with Kano forgetting the rules of newly having a bike license from the very beginning and earning herself some demerit points was a fun scene there at least.
May 18, 10:48 AM

Nov 2023
Mahiru draws for kano.

Kano sings for Mahiru.

Match made in heaven. ^⁠_⁠^

Koharu is a new friend of Kiui. Nice!
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
May 18, 11:13 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode with the girls all trying to find out what they want to do in the future this was such a chill episode.
May 18, 11:26 AM
May 2022
Is it my imagination or is this show practically identical (plot wise) to Girls Band Cry
May 18, 11:36 AM

Dec 2017
We don't talk about what happened from 14:59 to 15:30 in Episode 7

I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy.

May 18, 11:53 AM
Jun 2020
they really had to fk it up by adding something so weird & unnecessary

like it is a crime though
n4ytcgMay 18, 11:56 AM
May 18, 11:59 AM

Aug 2017
Fantastic episode, might be my favourite after episode 5. Dives deeper into the struggles of what Kano wants to do and the uncertainy around it. These kind of themes appeals to me a lot.

Don't mind seeing Koharu more often from now, she was a nice addition and has a good chemistry with Kiui and made her shine more imo.
May 18, 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
Best episode by faaaar, and that’s saying something. Every episode has been a step above the last.

That 17-18 year old range is one of the most difficult time periods in your life. It feels like you should have everything planned out and things start coming at you so quickly, but the reality is it’s ok to not have it all mapped out. It’s ok to be lost and just take it day by day.

I think a lot of people will be able to relate to Kano in this episode. Sometimes we look at our peers and see they have concrete plans for the future and it makes us feel insecure, but everyone moves at their own pace and you’ll never win a race against someone else’s life.

Enjoyed seeing her gradually come to terms with the fact that if you pursue your passions, you’ll eventually find the right path and it’ll fall in place over the course of the episode and the bike ride at the end is a nice analogy for that. Too bad Kano didn’t pay attention to the terms of her license and got a ticket 😭 worth it for the Kano and Yoru moments we got at the end there. “Say you’ll sing for me cause I really love your singing” 😍

Also, the scene of Yoru pulling Kano forward is a direct callback to the end of episode 1 with Kano pulling Yoru. That’s what we call character development.

Kiui and Kano getting groomed by Koharu still got me crying though “they’re high school girls, I hope this isn’t a crime”, deadass had to pause my tv several times during that half of the episode lmao. Didn’t expect straight up titties in my Yorukura this week.

Kiui becoming a teacher to be the person she never had in her life is so sweet and such a real motivation for so many real life educators. She’ll make a great one because she’ll truly be able to understand her students.

Amazing episode, so proud of my babies this week.
Marinate1016May 18, 1:29 PM
May 18, 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
I'm glad the riding together thing was addressed I was like "Hold up" lol

Decent episode. Kiui and Kano focused episode.

Hard to go wrong with a "Career Path" episode.

Solid episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 18, 12:20 PM

Aug 2022
I think this episode made Kiwi my favourite character in the show, I really love the vibe of shows like this which don't specifically focus in a school setting 99% of the time. One of the better shows this season but Girls band cry has been grabbing my attention a lot more recently.
May 18, 12:23 PM
Apr 2023
And people will still call me names for saying this is yuri

btw is there uncensored version for the fondling part?

also, need more info for Kiui
May 18, 12:24 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to n4ytcg

@n4ytcg they are dry on ecchi scenes recently so they had to cook one up lol
May 18, 12:27 PM

May 2021
Reply to Phantom_373
I think this episode made Kiwi my favourite character in the show, I really love the vibe of shows like this which don't specifically focus in a school setting 99% of the time. One of the better shows this season but Girls band cry has been grabbing my attention a lot more recently.
@Phantom_373 Yep this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Kiwi is quickly becoming my favorite character from this show. I really enjoy them all though. Girls Band Cry + Jellyfish + Hibike are my current weekends and I wouldn't have it any other way. GBC and Jellyfish are definitely getting a re-watch when it's all over.
May 18, 12:28 PM

Oct 2017
Koharu's a cool oneesan, pretty and stacked too. Are those really artificial though? Whats that scar on her back from? I hope they explore her character more.

Kano got her liscense, she looked cool with the bike. Cute stuff with Yoru too.
May 18, 12:45 PM

May 2019
With all the girls except for Kano planning out their futures Kano appears to feel left out but I think she will have a bright future if she focuses on something like singing.

Side note, not sure what role Koharu will play in this series but it looks like she may have been burned hence the scar on her back and the plastic surgeries she's had done.
May 18, 12:48 PM

Apr 2020
One word: Boobies
Nina supporter for life💕
May 18, 12:49 PM

Jan 2016
Being worried by what you will do in the future is something almost everyone goes through and a must for character development.

The character writting and drama alone was enough to carry the show but it had to go with the LycoReco "friendship" route and also relying on fan service scenes..
Oh well, I'm the 0.1% of the audience that gets annoyed by this unnecessary thing so life goes on
May 18, 12:51 PM

May 2016
some big yuri bait here. i would bet money though this is a nothingburger and no real love will go between them
May 18, 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to ajw215799
Is it my imagination or is this show practically identical (plot wise) to Girls Band Cry
@ajw215799 Nothing alike, GBC reminds me a lot of Bang Dream tho

May 18, 1:18 PM

Jun 2016
It’s getting better and better, and yes, Koharu is a great character, with million-dollar fan service and yuri hints, although the main couple of the series, Kano and Mahiru, have more and more yuri vibes.
May 18, 1:29 PM

May 2020
Feels good to have actual school going anime characters talk and behave, to some extent(I mean it's still an anime lol), like actual school going people. The girls might say they're confused about their future, but hey, in the end they all do have thought about that, or more like, already know what it is they want. That I liked.

Rare instance of boob jokes actual being funny. Though hey, the real feel >>>> silicone. Also, not even the first day with a licence and she got fined lol.
May 18, 1:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Choosing a career path can be hard when you have no idea what you want to do in life. It's becoming more obvious that girls will got their separate ways once they graduate from high school. I never seen the balance beam exercise being used in a motorcycle exam.
May 18, 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
KlldbyCuriosity said:
We don't talk about what happened from 14:59 to 15:30 in Episode 7

How is nobody else mentioning this lmao, million yen indeed. o.o
May 18, 2:39 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
A nice episode focusing on the future plans of each of our girls in Jelee, and you can see that being high schoolers, they are still unsure and worried about the paths that they are deciding to take. Kiui seems the most confident and well thought out one, with her decision to go to "Waseda" School of Education so that she can be trained to become a middle school teacher. Funnily enough, I personally have had a good experience interacting with faculty from that school through doing a language exchange program. It's cool to see that the reason behind Kiui's decision was directly related to her struggles in school, and that she wanted to be a teacher who could be there for students who didn't fit in with norms. The following scene where Kiui thanks Kano for being a good friend and sympathizing with her was so wholesome.

Meanwhile, Mei has set out to continue piano with an affiliated music university, aiming to become a professional pianist, and Mahiru has decided on art school so that she could learn to love her own art. Kano seems like the odd one out without specific post-high school plans. Nevertheless, her relationship with Mahiru seems to have strengthened, and this time it is Mahiru that is there asking Kano to sing for her, just as Kano had asked Mahiru to draw for her previously. Kano getting her motorbike license to "ride with Mahiru on the back", while simultaneously using the name Mahiru instead of Yoru to call her was a first, and cute to see.

May 18, 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Where's the rest? I am left without crucial information. Two crucial pieces of information.
May 18, 3:23 PM

Jun 2023
Yes Koharu, I’m pretty sure that’s a crime.
May 18, 3:33 PM

May 2016
Reply to lingojk
Yes Koharu, I’m pretty sure that’s a crime.
@lingojk only when a man does it in todays world
May 18, 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
The plastic itself is fine, the problem is the giant tattoo erased on her back. Which sound like a rough past.

Seeing how was discussed cup sizes. The question is, Blu-ray when?
May 18, 3:36 PM
Jun 2023
Another banger episode. Even the ecchi fan service focused scenes were much better done than what we usually get. Yuki Yaku continues to deliver excellent character writing. Subtly mixing in tons metaphors organically when exploring the career decisions of the entire cast while also developing the relationships between the main characters AND adding in another new side character in 1 episode all without feeling rushed or unearned is quite an achievement!

Always looking forward to the next episode with this series.
May 18, 3:52 PM
Jun 2023
I love how well this show switches between serious and comedic moments, especially visible in this and the last episode. Each and every week I await this show and the rollercoaster of emotions it provides.
May 18, 4:21 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to n4ytcg

@n4ytcg It's a joke. No need to take it seriously
May 18, 4:25 PM
Jan 2022
I honestly love this anime. Never end! The breast part was very unnecessary... but the end of the episode made up for everything shown.

Kiui is definitely the character I like most in the show, they are all great, but I have one affection for kiui.
May 18, 5:03 PM
May 2017
Reply to MegamiRem
Koharu's a cool oneesan, pretty and stacked too. Are those really artificial though? Whats that scar on her back from? I hope they explore her character more.

Kano got her liscense, she looked cool with the bike. Cute stuff with Yoru too.
@MegamiRem It seems like a tattoo scar. Former Yakuza or involved with Yakuza in her past, maybe?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 18, 5:08 PM
May 2017
Reply to BlichoBoy
The plastic itself is fine, the problem is the giant tattoo erased on her back. Which sound like a rough past.

Seeing how was discussed cup sizes. The question is, Blu-ray when?
@BlichoBoy It seems the plastic surgeries she went through and the probable tattoo scar may be related to a past of her.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 18, 5:16 PM

Jan 2022
A very sweet SoL episode without much music, but that's expected from a gang of teens who are stil trying to find themselves, fit into society (or perhaps not ?!). A lot were set on the table, a lot of talk about the future (which I found very insightful, it's quite wholesome to see the 3 girls having a dream. Then there's Kano who's still unsure, which kinda makes her an outsider if this situation, but with the yuri love of Yoru that's clearly shown at the end of the episode, she gets supported and even find a new dream that she could follow, beautiful. Another beautiful part are was public bath scene with Koharu, wait what. I do wanna point a very hopeful line that Koharu said (not the exact words because I'm watching in another language than english) that it's scary to look where you want to go. It kinda explains the status quo of the girls that were both isolated all differently, but that it takes dedication to follow a dream, and no matter the complicated road it needs, if you're well accompanied it's possible. A nice word by an adult to those clueless teens. Excited to see if there's gonna be a new song next episode tho !
I like everything, ok
May 18, 5:23 PM
May 2021
Such a wholesome episode the girls are coming to a crossroads in their lives and figuring out where they want to go.
May 18, 5:48 PM

Mar 2011
Can they actually get a motorcycle license that early? Felt like it didn't take them too long to pass the theory and practical and get a passenger already.

Nvm at least the last scene before the ep cut off sorted that one out lol.
May 18, 6:01 PM
Feb 2020
Didnt know some driving school have u stay there during learning period.Feel like they could just easily commute there everyday tho.
May 18, 6:05 PM

Apr 2022
welp at least koharu looks cool, B to F is crazy work but that whole bit was just a time waster.
May 18, 6:22 PM

Mar 2010
Such a great episode, the vibe the entire episode just felt to natural.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 18, 6:42 PM
Apr 2021
Hhmm I'm afraid Koharu will reveal Kiui's secret in the next episodes. Besides that this episode about career plan and bobba🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah ya, until the end of this episode. The Kiui's cup size was not answer
May 18, 6:45 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to HajimeNozomiUwU
@n4ytcg It's a joke. No need to take it seriously
@HajimeNozomiUwU i didnt take it seriously. still doesnt make it any less cringe and weird. and its more weird that you feel the need to defend the scene lol
May 18, 7:50 PM
Mar 2015
The girls are getting closer and found a new friend with a $1M yen body
May 18, 8:20 PM

Feb 2021
Peak episode, losing your jk status really is quite sad tbh...
But it seems everyone is happy now, so I wonder what the next episode is gonna be about if it's not about one of the girls overcoming something that is bothering them...
May 18, 8:35 PM
Mar 2023
this show keeps getting better and better, i hope there is a new song from them in the next episode 😭
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.