Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 4, 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this episode was fire. A very intense return for MHA when we have Star and Stripe being one of the main focuses. She really made an impression imo. I also like her design as she has a very similar look compared to All Might.

Animation quality looks solid overall so far although not too different compared to the previous seasons. Regardless, Star and Stripe and Shigaraki's faceoff is the main highlight and really worth waiting for imo.
May 4, 1:58 AM

Dec 2021
My Hero is back for its SEVENTH season, and here we are, still going strong. We've come this far, so we might as well see it through. This was supposed to be the final season, but with the manga still ongoing, it might not be the end after all.

Seems like we're fully embracing the emo vibe. As if Eve's OP from last season wasn't emo enough, they got the MOST emo artist in Japan, TK, to do the OP. I mean, hey, I'm not complaining, it's a banger. And Omoinotake is alright, sounds like any other Omoinotake song.

Mini recap, and by mini, I mean legit only the Ochaco speech as a recap, aside. Diving right back into the action, it seems. I mean, this being the seventh season, we shouldn't need a recap anyway. Those four recap episodes before the actual season started were just another form of recapping, really. Anyway, onto the most wasted character in the history of this franchise, Stars and Stripes. To make matters worse, this fight is in the sky... and we all know the thing that plagues this show more than Shigaraki himself is that annoying blue sky they decide to use for EVERY shot. Seriously, the sky in the last episode of the last season was perfect, WHY CHANGE IT???

Whatever, man. At least they made up for it with some decent animation. Also, if it wasn’t clear already, this episode pretty much confirms that All For One's plan to give Shigaraki his quirk was never for Tomura’s benefit but to literally and figuratively use him. And this whole fight so far? This ain't a fight anymore, it's a wild LSD trip. I feel like I'm on whatever drug that makes you see giant buff women cutting through the heavens and piercing the earth with a massive laser spear.

America's going all out, even resorting to nuclear weapons... I have a sinking feeling that even this missile would barely scratch Shigaraki, if at all.

I'll give credit where it's due: this episode looked good. Although, it's typical for the first couple of episodes of each season to look good, so that's no surprise. However, this season will probably not look its best, given that, once again, a movie is coming out in the middle of the season...

May 4, 1:59 AM

May 2020
Yearly instalment, or bi-yearly whatever you call, the fact that we've finally reached the point where this series, with every bit of honesty, turned into an irredeemable mess with the most cheesiest writing, is something to get worried about as it will top all of its predecessors in terms of disappointment.

Anyways same sappy introduction, then the same going over the plan in a dark room, and yeah let it be, this episode was actually the debut of one such character of mha who was hyped for god knows what reason, I mean we saw a glimpse of her in that last episode of last season, but being the full picture this time, wherein Star and Stripe did go all out, or at least tried to against Shigaraki, but we know what would transpire looking at the history of logic this series follows.

Can’t wait for next episode tbh for a simple enough reason. They might have succeeded in showing the above par animation quality this time, but we know for how long this will last lol. Opening for once doesn’t sound the same as they always do, but that’s not a high worth complimenting knowing what’s to come going forward if it’s again a 2 cour thing.
Softhenic03May 4, 2:14 AM
May 4, 2:00 AM

Jul 2017
Season 7 is finally here with TK from Ling Tosite Sigure's OP and Omoinotake's ED, and yet another somber OST that's even more dark than Season 6.

Deku is finally back in U.A., and the final battle draws ever closer together with Class 1-A.

The most famed hero after All Might being a disciple of his, America's No. 1 Hero, Star and Stripe, hear what's hapening in Japan, as well as the League of Villains under Shigaraki, she's finally here. But as is with All For One engaging villains overseas, he knows that she is a real threat, which is why he sent Spinner to be the Paranormal Liberate Front's new leader, succeeding Re-Destro. And within the midst, Shigaraki giving his welcome to Star and Stripe, that's quite the straightforward welcome.

Battling Star and Stripe with her New Order Quirk, it's just a test for the newly re-generating Shigaraki to succeed All For One, not as neither, but one composed person. And Shigaraki, under all that composure, slowly knows her Quirk's limitations and ranges. Still though, they're determined to make her vision happen, for a nation that doesn't care about rules to make the answer happen.

Bones going all out for their outing this season, impressive. Just hope the canon movie doesn't affect prodution all over again...
KANLen09May 4, 8:13 AM
May 4, 2:46 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Softhenic03
Yearly instalment, or bi-yearly whatever you call, the fact that we've finally reached the point where this series, with every bit of honesty, turned into an irredeemable mess with the most cheesiest writing, is something to get worried about as it will top all of its predecessors in terms of disappointment.

Anyways same sappy introduction, then the same going over the plan in a dark room, and yeah let it be, this episode was actually the debut of one such character of mha who was hyped for god knows what reason, I mean we saw a glimpse of her in that last episode of last season, but being the full picture this time, wherein Star and Stripe did go all out, or at least tried to against Shigaraki, but we know what would transpire looking at the history of logic this series follows.

Can’t wait for next episode tbh for a simple enough reason. They might have succeeded in showing the above par animation quality this time, but we know for how long this will last lol. Opening for once doesn’t sound the same as they always do, but that’s not a high worth complimenting knowing what’s to come going forward if it’s again a 2 cour thing.
@Softhenic03 why so mad?
Deathlydash
May 4, 3:05 AM
Sep 2015
Yuki Hayashi is back and is on the top of his game, if you don't know him I'll tell you, he's the composer of this franchise, and you should remember his name from now on.
May 4, 3:08 AM

Feb 2021
The recaps that aired during the past 4 week were really good btw. Watching key moments from the previous seasons was really cool and they included a few new scenes set between season 6 and 7.

Really love the OP. It's called 誰我為 (daregatame lit. "who me sake" or "who self sake") which I guess can be understood as "for someone else's sake or for my sake". With this TK from Ling tosite sigure is now one of my favorite bands.
Star and Stripe's quirk is really interesting. I love how quirks in MHA are so detailed with rules, limitations etc. I relate with Shigaraki about wanting to test out its rules lol.
Really nice ED showing everyones' past and present. We haven't seen Shoji's past yet though, have we? (the guy in a mask with many arms)
Fire episode.

The episode count still hasn't been announced yet, I'm pesonally thinking that it'll be one cour. That'll mean that the movie releasing in August will be set after this season.
EmbientMay 4, 3:32 AM
May 4, 3:08 AM
Jan 2018
Nice, it’s been too long since season 6
May 4, 3:31 AM
Dec 2020
Embient said:
We haven't seen Shoji's past yet though, have we?
his backstory isn't adapted yet.
Deathlydash
May 4, 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
Star and Stripe be mothering!
May 4, 3:43 AM
Mar 2020
Is this Toru Hagakure in the opening not being invisible?!
May 4, 3:46 AM

Aug 2015
Finally after 4 fucking recap episodes
May 4, 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
mommy star and stripe is finally here her quirk new order is cool as fuck
May 4, 4:09 AM
Jan 2021
Action in the 1st episode! Not bad.
May 4, 4:10 AM
May 2017
MyHeroAcademia a very interesting Season 7 premiere
I felt some scenes were felt a bit lacking
Always had issue with star's quirk
And the hoops n jumps gone to explained what works and what doesn't
Can't believe star's backstory is already caught up in 1 episode
Just like the lacking of animation, I was also surprised by sometimes a lot of it in the premiere ep
I was really disappointed with Star's debut Attack.
Looked so cool in manga
This show became Kaiju Battle for a min lol
Feels like star will have lesser eps than i predict
Op n End was ok
The best part of the episode for me was music "Todoroki's counterattack" from World Heroes Movie played for Star and Stripe. That's a pretty good theme and worked so well.
May 4, 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
Be the American Japanese thinks you are!

May 4, 4:11 AM
May 2017
Reply to Softhenic03

@Softhenic03 I feel you. I'm here for the todoroki family drama. This probably will be the most spotlight they'll get so something to look for me
May 4, 4:18 AM
Sep 2023
Hyped episode, nice start of a new season. Not too much recap.
May 4, 4:20 AM

Dec 2018
Stars and Stripes was awesome but what a shitty way to end an episode. I'm so sick of that villain please just kill him already.
May 4, 4:25 AM

Apr 2022
well, we're back for a 7th season. damn the visuals are not worth commenting on at all but at least the voice acting was pretty good from stars and stripes and shigaraki's VAs.
May 4, 4:34 AM

Jul 2017
Season 7 is here and while I don't like the series much, at least Season 6 had more going for it than the anime franchise has had in a long time in comparison to seasons 3-5 at least. As a start, it was a nothing start to be honest. Star and Stripe seems like a nice person and hero who clearly has that All Might resemblance in how much she wants to follow in his footsteps but this was a boring start for me. Not like the writing from the manga at this point of the story is anything to be truly excited about so it is what it is. Animation from what I can remember looked a bit better but the action still didn't look that great and dynamic, and it is only episode one so who knows how this will end up being towards the end of this season beyond like one or two big scenes later down the line.

Besides the original Tokyo Ghoul opening when I heard it and maybe the song from the original Psycho-Pass, never been a fan of TK's music and this My Hero opening is just another song I didn't like or cared for when listening to it. ED was pretty nice though here, I did like that a lot more than the OP by comparison but I've heard some better tracks in general from earlier seasons.
May 4, 4:35 AM

Apr 2021
This episode was a great start to the season! I seriously love Star and Stripe, she's super powerful, cool, and also pretty silly. I think it's really nice how she rushed to help Japan as soon as All Might asked, even though the government hadn't approved it. I also really like how her design/style is more like American comics, with the dark outlines and heavy shading and stuff- it's very subtle though, honestly I would've have been able to tell if I didn't know beforehand but I swear I saw the fact somewhere like in one of the PVs or something... Anyway, this fight is coming out very nicely, I can't wait to see more!
May 4, 4:52 AM
Jul 2021
The Visuals are Worst. Stars and Stripes Doesn't look good. The Animation really Disappointing Every Season now.
May 4, 4:58 AM
Aug 2017
Such a mediocre first episode...
May 4, 5:04 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Softhenic03

@Softhenic03

I think you're greatly over exaggerating, the rest of the series isn't particularly amazing but it's still good with some standout moments.

To say that "it tops all of it's predecessors in terms of disappointment" and that it's an "irredeemable mess" is a bit laughable, I've read countless shounen series that utterly shit the bed at the end (e.g. Fairy Tail, Promised Neverland, etc) and MHA is currently doing a much better job concluding it's narrative than them.

Arguments aside, the episode was good. It's a pretty strong start for a series that usually takes a while to build up to major events each season. The direction and animation quality was also good, with nothing to critique but no particularly major cuts to shoutout. I'm assuming next episode will have some impressive cuts and sakuga as S&S and Shigaraki's fight goes into full swing.
HorsePersonManMay 4, 7:20 AM
May 4, 5:05 AM
Jun 2020
Star and Stripes IS ugly
May 4, 5:12 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
7 seasons in this show just seems to keep on going. The quirk of the new American lady sounded broken on concept and I don't fully buy the way Shigaraki was able to get out of it from a philosophical loophole. In any case, I find it funny how her attack names aren't named after states like the ones from All Might. Shouldn't it be backwards?

In any case, TK from Ling tosite sigure is back for a new major anime opening. That voice sure is so recognisable.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 4, 5:19 AM
May 2017
Reply to rasterman7
7 seasons in this show just seems to keep on going. The quirk of the new American lady sounded broken on concept and I don't fully buy the way Shigaraki was able to get out of it from a philosophical loophole. In any case, I find it funny how her attack names aren't named after states like the ones from All Might. Shouldn't it be backwards?

In any case, TK from Ling tosite sigure is back for a new major anime opening. That voice sure is so recognisable.
@rasterman7 it is weird the japanese hero has american moves and the american hero has GREEK moves lol
May 4, 5:21 AM
Jul 2020
Well... I know what my least favourite MHA opening is now.
May 4, 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
Opening doesn't suit at all.

Doubt those Tiamat missiles are going to do anything.

Star and Stripe probably going to get backstabbed out of nowhere and lose her quirk.
May 4, 5:42 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
It is back, nice. Good first episode.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 4, 5:47 AM
Sep 2021
Most exciting first episode of this series ngl
May 4, 6:11 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Reply to akano
@rasterman7 it is weird the japanese hero has american moves and the american hero has GREEK moves lol
@akano Right? Maybe Horikoshi did that on purpose so that we would point it out.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 4, 6:22 AM

Jul 2020
Amazing first episode. Star and stripes vs Shigaraki was so much fun. She definitely has an interesting and powerful quirk, so it was fun seeing Shigaraki try to figure it out and counteract it. TK opening was an extremely pleasant surprise. We are in for an action packed and thrilling season if this episode is anything to go by.
May 4, 6:23 AM

May 2015
Aww shit here we go again!

Death by Snu snu
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 4, 6:28 AM

Sep 2013
Insane start, didn't expect TK for the opening, really nice, animation is as expected Bones-tier, Star and Stripes is really cool, i really like her chara design,personnality and quirk, i couldn't imagine less for America's number 1 hero

Anyway really excited for this seven season, seems to continue on the mature and serious vibe season 6 gave which is a really good thing.
Deep dark fantasies
May 4, 6:32 AM

Feb 2020
I already missed watching boku no pico
May 4, 6:47 AM
Apr 2023
I will cry every time for Tomura Shigaraki
May 4, 6:53 AM

Jun 2014
Not sure how I feel about the OP yet. I like TK but his style doesn't really seem to mesh with MHA so it might be a rare miss for me tbh.

After 4 "why do these exist" recap episodes, MHA season 7 is officially underway. We come out swinging right away with the USA's number 1 hero giving Shiggy a taste of some good ol' democracy. She's got herself a busted Quirk. Visuals looked good as usual with this series, but definitely felt like it could have been better in some areas. Then again, Horikoshi's art style is a difficult one to replicate so the anime will inevitably look "inferior" in certain places. It's just cool to see this moment animated despite the controversial way in which it was handled.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 4, 6:57 AM
Mar 2020
HOLY SHIT, TK IS DOING THE OPENING OF MY HERO ACADEMIA!
May 4, 7:00 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Decided to skip the Memories recaps as I think I remember what’s going on well enough, so I haven’t had any My Hero this spring season until now, but I’m glad the 7th season is finally here. And one thing I always look forward to is the OP and ED for My Hero as they never miss, and they killed it once again with that awesome OP by TK which I don’t think I’ve heard since one of their Chainsaw Man EDs, as well as the ED by Omoinotake who I know from their OP for Horimaiya The Missing Pieces, and personally I like it better than the OP, that’s typically how it goes for me with My Hero songs but they’re both great for sure.

And the episode itself was a good start to the season with lots of action and very little to no recap, I would hope so giving Memories is a thing lol. And I gotta say Star and Stripe is very awesome, she’s not only the USA embodied into one person, but just very cool in general. Her fight with Shigaraki has been a unique one too with it being in the air paired with her own quirk New Order, but knowing that All For One wants her quirk I can’t help but feel her coming here was a terrible idea as they would be even more busted with it. And when you take the fact that we’re getting Star’s backstory in this same episode, I don’t think she’s making it past this fight unfortunately as the show would be over if she won lol, I love her anyway tho, Shigaraki is just that stupid broken. And with that My Hero is back baby!
TheColonel76May 4, 7:15 AM
May 4, 7:07 AM
Aug 2023
Easily the best first episode of a season MHA has had I have high hopes this season is gonna be great like season 6 was!
May 4, 7:08 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was awesome. Yet I feel like it was short. Not gonna lie, I wish there was more. But it can’t be helped. Anyways. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 4, 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
Ah yes...here is where it all goes to the sinker. Having read the manga, I already know. Nice to see it animated but the OP with TK tells it all of how this season is gonna go. Gonna be fun reading comments and reactions for the season.
Don't believe the hype.
May 4, 7:13 AM
Jan 2022
scenery, animation in general were horrible in this episode...I hope it gets better.
May 4, 7:16 AM
Jun 2023
well i see star and stripe is powerful, but in order to both control the air as if it were a body and hold the laser too, did she disable her own physical strength too? she did say she can only affect 2 items ar once afterall, will this be an issue in episode 2
May 4, 7:21 AM
Oct 2016
The world's greatest heroes are back!! It's time to stop the ultimate evil, Tomura Shigaraki and All For One. Last we left off Deku and Class 1A were reinvigorated to fight once again. The number one hero from America was on her way personally to stop Shiggy. Jumping right back into that with this new season premiere, Star and Stripe is a hell of an imposing figure standing on top of a stealth bomber with a dull squad behind her. Shigaraki going out there to meet her before she can even link up with anyone in Japan. All For One knows that her quirk would push him over the edge to being truly unbeatable. Star and Stripe quirk of being able to set new rules over something after she touches it is insanely overpowered. She's very strong right off the jump, imposing one rule immediately on herself so she's strong. Shigaraki did a good job figuring out how her quirk operates, more importantly what its limitations are. Which given the vast knowledge of quirks and battles that All For One has will lead him to figuring out a way to beat even such a powerful quirk. Star bending the air around her looked great, creating an air vacuum then a giant air version of herself to smack Shigaraki around. She's going to try and stop them before this even really begins, we'll see how she does.
May 4, 7:30 AM

Dec 2023
Even though it's the first episode and it started with a fight, I was expecting more. I'm waiting for the fight to really heat up. Star has one hell of a quirk tho.

I don't like the OP at all. The music and vocals are all over the place.

MHA has its ups and downs. Season 6 was really good, so I hope it gets better from here.
Autoparts_22May 4, 8:50 AM
May 4, 7:33 AM
May 2021
The op and this episode were incredible to start this season, idk why some ppl are saying about the op and the episode being trash..Are we watching the same thing?
May 4, 8:06 AM

May 2020
pretty good first episode
but i dont think anything will top season 6
anyways cant wait for more

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12

129 by Fatephile »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5

153 by Undeadgirl »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

82 by Undeadgirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

86 by Undeadgirl »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

119 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.