Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
This episode fit so well for the show's themes.

The adventurous and slice of life vibes with traveling by motorcycle and that bridge. The reaction on that bridge is priceless and also natural. Food this episode was also simple yet very fitting for this anime. Such a relaxing episode, it's great.
Apr 18, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Nadeshiko's sister is a mix of Chiaki and Rin.

Ayano, who had gathered camping gear, invited Nadeshiko and Rin to camp in the remote area of Oigawa. Using the campsite as a meeting point, while Nadeshiko embarked on a solo train journey, Rin and Ayano, the motorcycle duo, met at Chitō Station along the way. They decided to tour together from there. Each enjoying the journey to the campsite in their own way, the two on motorcycles, on their way to their destination, Lake Hatanagi, proposed by Ayano, decided to visit a suspension bridge, a famous spot in the Oigawa River basin.

Lol, the part about Toronto though. But seriously, this whole thing with Lake Hatanagi seems pretty legit, and for once we're not just learning about campsites, but bridges too, so that's something. It makes it quite interesting if you actually visit. Of course, if you can't, you always have these waifus to entertain you, lols. But these first three episodesof this season so far mainly felt like a buildup to whatever these next couple of episodes have in store for us. Hopefully something big.

Interesting personal experience at the end... Hopefully, Ayano will join our gang from now on.

Apr 18, 7:28 AM

Feb 2020
It's nice that Ayano got more screen time. She had so much fun with Rin on their suspension bridge tour. Those bridges looked pretty cool. I would like to cross them all.

Nadeshiko going nuts again over delicious looking foods was amusing. I just love how funny she is. ^^ I also want some jumbo pork skewers, nom!

Also, those two tanukis were so cute!

SerafosJun 20, 7:46 AM
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
What!!? It’s over already? Time flies so fast. The dam curry looked very interesting.

Locations:
Senzu Station
Ryogoku Tsuribashi
Koyama Bridge
Yagi Suspension Bridge
Sesso Otsuribashi and those 8 bridges
Lake Hatanagi
Dam Curry but the actual restaurant where they sell the curry is here
Okuoikojo Station

btw, currently, The Oigawa Main Line between Kawane-Onsen Sasamado and Senzu is closed until further notice due to typhoon damage. The Ikawa Line between Sessokyo-Onsen and Ikawa is also closed until further notice.
AkeZZZApr 18, 9:51 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 18, 7:57 AM
Dec 2016
Chill bridge moments with Rin and Aya, basically 75% of this episode haha. I really thought the three will meet this episode but I guess I should wait until next week.
Apr 18, 8:00 AM

Nov 2010
There was a mistake in the drawing (or driving); when the motorcycle entered in the road from the right, right winker was flashing. Considering her line, it may have been a joke.
Apr 18, 8:11 AM
Jul 2023
What a great suspension bridge tour, the variety of architecture and materials are simply immaculate.

The tanukis crossing one of the bridge are so god damn fluffy and cute

And this lol, lmao even.
Apr 18, 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
I like how they always show that the distance is not an obstacle in our modern age, no matter from what part of the country we are, its usually one/two train stations away. Really supports that home tourism front eh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Good to see Aya having much more spotlight this episode, she seem like someone who can potentially fit right in with the rest of the crew ... even tho i think she more of a hosting character from time to time.
Apr 18, 8:18 AM
Dec 2018
Look, Aya has joined the comfy camping gang! And she chose Oikawa River as the camping destination, thus formed the Oikawa Trio.
Apr 18, 8:30 AM

Mar 2024
Nadeshiko getting sidetracked by food never gets old.
Apr 18, 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
This was decent. Still have the same complaints about some buildings at times looking poor, backgrounds looking off and shots of trains looking weird, some signs looking like 480p compared to the rest of the show, etc. But I at least did like the suspension bridge journey that Rin and Ayano took for a change which did feel refreshing. It was a nice change of pace because it explores a whole new dynamic of people becoming friends in those two while exploring something different to regular camping with exploring different bridges and riding together with their bikes through a very long distance journey. I personally don't care about suspension bridges in general, but they tried something different on the side while heading towards Oigawa and ultimately, it is about building bonds and making memories and that part was accomplished. Even the power line confusion was a fun little bit there.

Sucks that Nadeshiko's on her own but at least she's enjoying her journey somewhat in her own way, with being tempted by some nice looking dishes and soft serves on the side. Some visual elements sucked but at least this didn't drag as badly as the first episode and even the second one, and did a solid job in giving Ayano some screentime and have Rin journey together with someone fresh to give the best episode of the three for the time being.
Apr 18, 8:49 AM

Mar 2021
This season has just been perfect so far. So great to see more of Ayano and even better seeing her spend time with Rin exploring new places.
Apr 18, 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
2:51 ざます (zamasu) - to be​ (Archaic). Respect to the translator though, "shocked and chagrined" xD

4:00 ワンマン (wanman, from English "one man") - conductorless train (i.e. having only a driver)

Never heard about foot spa cafes. Apparently you eat or drink something while your feet are in warm water, interesting.
Talking bikes now, we are evolving guys
I'm starting to find this artstyle cuter than the one from previous seasons.
16:47 犬返り (inukaeri) is something like "dog return" or "dog response". Really curious about the origin of this one lol

16:59 Translation error, here Rin said eight, not seven.

19:32 奥大井湖上駅 (okuooikojou-eki) - Okuōikojō Station. Holy damn, this is the longest name for a station I've ever seen. Btw literally it's "Inner part Ooi lake above station". 大井 (ooi) is "big well" (the name of the city).

This was really nice and relaxing ~‿~. I like how Ayano is getting much more screentime now.
Apr 18, 8:50 AM
Sep 2021
I love how the studio potrays foods in this episode. It's make me literally hungry!
Apr 18, 8:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The chats are as amusing as ever. The trip though was the perfect opportunity to try out some new food. Ayano sure has good eyes though being able to spot that bridge. The bridge tour was pretty fun though. Dam curry looked pretty tasty and was a nice way of using the local attraction as a selling point. Can't wait to see what happens when they meet up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 9:01 AM
Jan 2021
Watching this without any food was a mistake

The Tanuki where adorable
Apr 18, 9:11 AM

May 2015
Bridges, bridges everywhere.
Apr 18, 9:35 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Seeing Shimarin flush has made my day significantly better.

Watching this week’s episode of Yuru Camp has made my week feel much less tiring.

I really want to try Dam Curry, so fun yet so tasty!

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Apr 18, 9:35 AM

Jun 2019
More Aya screen time is always welcome.
Apr 18, 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
Damn curry is genius. Thank God we didn't see some tanuki stew xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 12:08 PM

May 2020
Guys, don't chat while driving xD

Also, I hope Nadeshiko does reach the destination without getting sidetracked anymore lol.
Apr 18, 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
I'm thankful that I had some dinner before watching this episode, otherwise Nadeshiko's tour of Senzu's food would've made my stomach go into rampage mode! XD

Rin and Ayano had a great time in checking out all of the suspension bridges in the area, where the variety of the bridges design were intriguing and impressive. Yet again, it makes me want to go there in person and experience it all myself. If only I had the funds for it...

Overall, this episode was great, not only in terms of delicious food, but also offering some nice scenic shots with the suspension bridge tour. The next episode's title does peek my curiosity, though.
Apr 18, 2:26 PM

May 2020
Reply to kuroneko99
There was a mistake in the drawing (or driving); when the motorcycle entered in the road from the right, right winker was flashing. Considering her line, it may have been a joke.
@kuroneko99 I noticed this too lol
Apr 18, 2:49 PM

Jul 2021
Very happy that they focused on the nature and the local tourist spots for this episode. Not to mention the local food. Backyard camping is fun and all, but the sightseeing and the outdoors are what I tune in for.

Not surprised to see Shizuoka Prefecture Tourism Department in the ending credits. Nice to learn about cool places to visit outside Tokyo.
Apr 18, 6:24 PM

Apr 2022
too bad she didn't go on the suspension bridge, looked like a really cool spot. sixth bridge was kinda crazy though, or so it seemed.
Apr 18, 8:21 PM
Sep 2016
point of interests this EP (for me...):
- Hollup! I'm watching Yuru-camp, not Super Cub right?
- I just realized sth, Aya-chan is voiced by Kurosawa Tomoyo, A.K.A. Kumiko (Hibike! Eupho). That "oo~ tanoshiimi" is so Kumiko...
- Afro's trademark fish eyes are all over the EPs!!!!! Especially the one inside the ekiben store in Senzu....
- Nadeshiko is traveling far by trains, thank god she's not heading for Ikebukuro.... (Shuumatsu Train, got it!?)
- Those are HUGE pork skewers!!! The dam curry as well.... I rue myself for not having breakfast before watching this EP!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 18, 8:35 PM

Mar 2007
Why do I have the urge to find some pork skewer to eat, and also where can I get Dam Curry? If this is a real thing I'm going to have to search this out on Youtube as I'm planning on making curry tomorrow anyway. Hmm. Lots of food for thought this episode.
Apr 18, 9:34 PM

Oct 2022
Never saw Rin blushing like that. That "yappashi" unintended pun made her red as a beetroot.

Apr 18, 9:37 PM
Mar 2020
The Aya takeover is great to see
Rin blushing is not in my bingo card this year
Nadeshiko potentially meeting two new randoms who she absolutely going to befriend lmao
Apr 18, 9:41 PM

Nov 2022
I wonder if Nadeshiko will get a bike later. I think those Dam curries are quite tasty.

The bike on the bridge that said Yo! lol.
Apr 18, 10:18 PM

Feb 2019
Another episode that went by in an instant!

Rin and Aya crossing bridges was so satisfying lol. I’m very much afraid to walk across suspension bridges and would have a heart attack on some of those so I definitely relate to Rin. I think the big metal one they crossed at the end is probably the only one I would’ve been good on.

Nadeshiko segment was my fave though! God the solo segments with her are always so fun to watch. She’s such a loveable ditz. The dam themed food places were so cool, I’ve eaten at a few places like that in Hakone and Nikko. Those small town meals in Japan are the best. And she got to meet two new people along the way so it all worked out for the best. Looking forward to the actual camping next week 😊

As usual, another nice ep to destress with
Marinate1016Apr 18, 10:26 PM
Apr 18, 10:40 PM

Oct 2022
Pork skewer marketing strategy is wild. The smell of grilled meat is irresistible.
Apr 18, 10:53 PM

Dec 2022
I really like Ayano’s vibe. Feels like she’s been part of the cast all along.
Apr 18, 11:05 PM

Sep 2018
The energy of Rin and Aya together - the low-key girls - in the cold, quiet morning was really great to see. As well as the energy of Nadeshiko going solo and slowing down to enjoy the journey and embrace her independence. The juxtaposition of the two made for a really strong episode, despite the noticeable lack of character animation.
Apr 18, 11:28 PM
Oct 2019
Crossing bridge tour with Rin and Aya.

Of course Nadeshiko can't resist the food.
Glad that I'm eating my lunch while watching this episode.
My goodness there is a lot of food today.
Apr 18, 11:28 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Aya sounded a lot like Kumiko from Hibike Euphonium... oh, they're both voiced by Tomoyo Kurasawa. Nice work, I like how she works so well as a counterpart of Rin's personality.

I barely ever notice the backgrounds based on real photos, but, as I watched this episode with friends, one of them remarked each one of them whenever they appeared. I ended up not liking them at all. I hope that doesn't decrease the enjoyment I've always have had with this anime for years.

Ah, I forgot how I enjoy watching Yuru Camp and its cold scenarios while the weather here is unusually hot.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 19, 1:43 AM

Oct 2022
That must be some damn good curry to make her curse like that.

Apr 19, 2:07 AM

Dec 2022
A sightseeing episode, so goood, so relaxing.
Apr 19, 3:40 AM

Feb 2016
All the girls here are peak, but this episode (and last one) made me fall in love so much for Aya 😍❤️ I need to see more Aya!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Apr 19, 3:53 AM
Apr 2024
This episode feels great. Cuz, the journey between Shimarin and Aya feels so natural, You can feel the adventure vibe on this part. So do the Nadeshiko solo culinary journey.
Apr 19, 4:49 AM

Oct 2022
I think this is the first time in Yuru Camp history that I've actually just beat my fists against my desk and yelled I want to go there. Those suspension bridges are just so neat.
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 19, 6:05 AM

Dec 2022
Rin: "I have to be at least a little bit vigilant"
*as she lights the wrong turn signal*

Apr 19, 6:08 AM

Mar 2024
This is the best season yet. Everyone is a veteran now and so chill.
Apr 19, 6:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Small city with so many bridges, sure it's an adventure to cross all of them, otherwise nothing too impressive regarding the landscape for me, I liked seeing Nadeshiko's traveling point of view as well.
Apr 19, 6:38 AM

Oct 2022
Very sweet episode, can't wait for the camping with the three of them. Made me sad that Nadeshiko was left out during their tour, she even saw the first bridge but couldn't get a good view of it. Her expression said everything. "I wish I was with them."
Apr 19, 7:16 AM

May 2015
I love these kind of episodes way better than I did the previous one. When the story is focusing on the antics of Chiaki and her gaggle of girls that is barely a 6/10 but when it comes to traveling and pure camping in the countryside with Rin and her friends that is peak SOL.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 19, 7:33 AM

Dec 2022
Ahhh, a cute comfy camp episode about tourism to heal my soul. I want to go on a bridge tour and eat dam curry.
Apr 19, 8:34 AM

Oct 2022
Really enjoy the traveling in this episode. Makes me want to see all of those bridges. Rin and Ayano were such a delight.

Nadeshiko is an expert at transferring trains.

So happy to see Sakura again.
Apr 19, 2:12 PM
Mar 2018
The only show where absolutely nothing really happens and yet it still feels so satisfactory
Apr 19, 3:38 PM

May 2012
Now we got a motorbike that can speak just like the pine cones xD Lovely episode for showing more cool locations. Nadeshiko's solo camping sure felt more and more like Rin's, plus her cute hyperactive thoughts. That curry dish looks delicious (drools)!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

62 by Matheus050 »»
Oct 13, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

88 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

66 by Matheus050 »»
Oct 1, 8:48 AM

» Show about cooking now?

TurnipFan - Jul 6

15 by Shadow_Reaper13 »»
Sep 25, 1:45 AM

» Im disappointed

Mr_Sai - Oct 2, 2023

27 by souraia »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.