Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 9, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
What a night. This episode was a chance of opportunity.

From the action bits and fighting to the drama, this episode really highlighted how far these people will go to deal with a case. Sherlock Holmes himself was also quite a badass imo. What an episode with...a cliffhanger!
Aug 9, 2023 11:11 AM

Feb 2021
Nice to see Moriarty getting mentioned. 

This feels like a battle of minds now, I wonder what Holmes will do. 
Aug 9, 2023 11:12 AM

Jun 2014
had to hold my breath multiple times, fabulous show.
I wonder how they will survive...
Aug 9, 2023 11:16 AM

Mar 2020
A day of chaos, leading up to the eleventh hour…

As Lupin’s planned attack drew closer, it was a rather interesting day in London for all of the characters, first with Tsugaru losing track of Aya, a rescue, and a fight between Lupin and Tsugaru. Then, they got back to the mansion to protect the diamond, and there were a lot of close ups of the characters’ faces, which draws a lot of suspicion to many people. We know Lupin can disguise himself very well, so by the time 11pm rolled around, maybe the diamond has already been stolen. We shall find out next time! These episodes go by way too quick…
Aug 9, 2023 11:20 AM
May 2018
Man for a moment I thought that the whole episode was going to revolve around finding Rindo, glad that wasn’t the case. Pretty good back and fourth between Mycroft and Lupin. And the game is afoot Sherlock idea to shoot the lock was not bad but Lupin plan to flood the chamber was also pretty good.
Aug 9, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2021
This episode was so funny that I'm slightly beginning to forgive the seeming bait-and-switch after episode 1.
Aug 9, 2023 11:34 AM

May 2020
Such a busy episode, and specifically for Lupin. If his staged meeting with Holmes wasn't already exciting enough, be it unintentionally, he and our main crew came face-to-face as well.

And then, we might not have seen him and Aya trying to get better of each other with their brains but that brawl between Tsugaru and Lupin did give something to look back at.. might not be with fond memories for Tsugaru lol. But he doesn't give a fuck anyways, so I doubt.

Lupin has already started his part, and it does look like he has almost succeeded against Holmes but who knows again. Looking forward to how Holmes going to respond while being underwater next time lol.
Aug 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
Lupin v Tsugaru DBZ style fight was not what I had in mind for today’s episode lmao, wow this was great.

Obviously Tsugaru wasn’t going all out and was trying to gauge Lupin’s abilities, but the fact Lupin is strong enough to hold his own was cool. Reminds me more of the persona 5 Lupin than the traditional one lol.

I’m surprised that Lupin stopped the carriage to pick up Shizuka, though. Considering the scale of the operation just a few hours later that seemed reckless, but I guess it shows he not all bad.

Speaking of Shizuka and Tsugaru, how tf do you misplace Aya like that 😂. Part of me wonders if everything was part of the plan and that’s how they kept making fateful encounters today or if Tsugaru really did just pick up the wrong cage.

Wow what a cliffhanger to leave off on. Flooding the vault is bold as hell and idk how they’re gonna survive this one. Can’t wait for next week’s episode. The mind games in this have been amazing.
Marinate1016Aug 9, 2023 11:42 AM
Aug 9, 2023 11:37 AM
Jul 2023
I like how Lupin’s tricks is foreshadowed in the fight scene, clever use of distraction and using forceful violence to win the day
Aug 9, 2023 11:40 AM

Apr 2023
Great cliffhanger and the interactions were very enjoyable yet again!
Aug 9, 2023 12:18 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I knew Arsene Lupin was going to use a disguise although I wasn't expecting him impersonate Sherlock Holmes in the beginning of the episode. Arsene going toe to toe with Tsugaru shows that not only Arsene is a great thief, but he's also a skilled fighter. Sherlock Holmes thought that Arsene wasn't going to get through the basement door by jamming the locks with the bullets of his gun, but Lupin was three steps ahead of Holmes when he flooded the basement. Now there is no way to protect the safe with everyone being underwater.

The Phantom Thief of The Opera and Arsene Lupin are a force to be reckoned with. 
Aug 9, 2023 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
poor Tsugaru getting beaten :D

but this episode was really interesting and good. definitely my cup of tea. I also wish they would at least once a while include Hercule Poirot in one of those types of shows.
Aug 9, 2023 1:42 PM
May 2020
Very good episode, full of action and intrigue. I really want to see Lupin and the ghost in action. The action scenes are very good, the part about the marbles has been top.
Aug 9, 2023 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
Damn he got them real good with that water flood. Now they're in big trouble cause they're locked inside. Also, im still liking the oni slayer's humor, it never fails to make you laugh
Aug 9, 2023 1:54 PM

Feb 2018
After the runaround that Tsugaru had it looked as though towards the end they would just be waiting, but of course chaos begins to ensue!
Aug 9, 2023 2:08 PM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode, no time to rest.

Still interesting
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 9, 2023 2:09 PM
Sep 2019
Two Weeks of cliffhanger ending is not good for health.

Spacialy when we have link click coming with most likely another Cliffhanger in just a day
Aug 9, 2023 2:30 PM
Oct 2020
Man these episodes go by so fast! Also lupin got Sherlock good.
Aug 9, 2023 3:35 PM
Apr 2021
Seeing Lupin disguised as Sherlock and fight Tsugaru was such an amazing cool thing to see🤩🔥🔥

And guys tell me yall ain’t think those twins were gonna do something DEVIOUS to Aya’s head😳😳😳😭
Aug 9, 2023 4:33 PM

May 2017
That was fun, and more than just fun, it both went back to what the show is good at, the antics of its main characters, and did what I wanted it to do, which is discredit Holmes. I was thinking things would be resolved this episode, but extending it to another episode seems like it'll be better given how it's gone. Holmes has lost already; Aya and Tsugaru get the whole of the next episode. And look at how Holmes lost: A clever rationalization—you can't unlock a lock if the mechanism is entirely broken!—turned completely irrelevant. This is exactly the problem of Holmesian ratiocination, that you can run your logic wheels as much as you like, and it won't get you anywhere if you've misread the whole context of the situation. And because reading the context of a situation isn't deductive reasoning, the Holmesian paradigm of the brilliant detective fails, both as a model of intelligence and a method of solving cases. What is required is non-deductive judgment, the kind you might get, say, if you were a thousand years old. Not playing around within a system, but constructing the system itself.
"He who writes for fools always finds a large public. A precondition for reading good books is not reading bad ones: for life is short."
—Arthur Schopenhauer
Aug 9, 2023 4:52 PM
Apr 2020
So your telling me that sherlock didn't consider the air vent as a possible entry route?
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM
Nov 2018
Poor Aya, screaming like a banshee from her abductors' car at her dumbass assistant who walked away with a parrot instead of her. I think this episode is the first time we've seen her anything less than composed, and it's so funny. Wonder if they return the parrot, or it becomes a team pet.

I liked they kept the detail that Mycroft is just as if not smarter than his brother, but also more of a 'big-picture' guy. He keeps reminding Sherlock of things he might otherwise not consider, like what it means for the two other detective teams to be monsters and monster-hunters.

And the heist is definitely tense. I'd think a "gentleman thief" would prefer non-lethal methods, but maybe Lupin doesn't care about casualties? Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 9, 2023 6:56 PM

Jan 2020
It was disappointing to see Tsugaru lose so easily like that. Oh well, hopefully he’ll be able to redeem himself
Aug 9, 2023 7:01 PM
May 2019
Except from Tsugaru losing Aya's cage, this episode was a serius one. We got a lot of interesting dialogues and got to see more of how Lupin works. Wondering what Sherlock will do to survive and protect the diamond... Also curious with what role Aya's team will take. As a fan of the Sherlock's books, I was curious if the autor of UGMF would be able to catch his way of work and act right... So far, I think the autor did a good job, and it's close to the real Sherlock, but not perfect as I would like it to be (so you're telling me Sher didn't consider every possible way Lupin could use to enter the room? And using gunshots to block the door was so stupid, feel like he would never do something like this...), even tho I undestand that's not the autor propose. Waiting next episodes to see how it goes...
MoonLuhAnaAug 9, 2023 7:12 PM
Aug 9, 2023 7:53 PM
Dec 2021
What an extraordinary episode
Aug 9, 2023 7:59 PM

Apr 2021
An immortal severed head onahole, those two were definitely going to get the gluck gluck from her at some point, but the plot wouldn't allow it, what a shit development.
Aug 9, 2023 8:31 PM
Mar 2015
Lupin is very overpowered and his opponents are acting like idiots
Aug 9, 2023 8:57 PM
Oct 2021
tsugaru just killed a vampire and lost against lupin? 🤠
Aug 9, 2023 9:14 PM

Aug 2017
I can't help but swear why its only 23mins!!!! by the Gods, the cliffhanger!

Aug 9, 2023 9:19 PM

Feb 2017
Is it just me, or has the quality dropped since the introduction of Sherlock and Lupin? It started off so strong.
Aug 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Aug 2016
Aya went splat! Interesting to see the characters meet like pieces on a chessboard. I’m very curiousas to what Aya is planning. Shizuku is so abusive…makes me wonder what her story is.
Aug 9, 2023 11:15 PM

Apr 2022
lupin back at it and a fight with tsugaru hmm.
Aug 9, 2023 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
lol sherlock holmes did not see that coming. guess shooting the locks with the bullets end up backfiring and locking themselves in for a swim!
Aug 10, 2023 12:58 AM
Feb 2022
Animillion said:
It was disappointing to see Tsugaru lose so easily like that. Oh well, hopefully he’ll be able to redeem himself
I guess tsugaru let himself lose so that lupin will let his guard down against him
Aug 10, 2023 1:19 AM

Feb 2021
Villain always have come up with out of the box plan :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 10, 2023 2:52 AM

Jan 2022
dam, this show gets better and better the writing, the characters and directions are done to a Tee. They need to revamp the episodes to be an hour long because fuck cliffhangers
Aug 10, 2023 2:56 AM

Jan 2022
hannibal_l said:
So your telling me that sherlock didn't consider the air vent as a possible entry route?

They mentioned how cramped and small the vent. saying a child would have difficulty moving through and also bends and folds to the chamber. But I'm more confused about how water got in? As sturdy as the building is idk a bomb that lethal to detonate underwater and has enough force to blow up the vent/wall considering this is the late 19th century
Aug 10, 2023 4:18 AM

Jan 2011
Homles thought direct while Lupin was, "Nah I'm going to go indirect." Now what will our trio will do. Will they make their move after he has the diamond?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 10, 2023 4:26 AM
May 2021
1st half was funny lol. 2nd half went intense and that cliffhanger 👌🏻
Aug 10, 2023 4:37 AM
Jan 2020
the twins were getting devious with their forbidden head
Aug 10, 2023 6:46 AM

Oct 2017
As hinted the vent is the key to his plan after all. It was funny watching Aya gettinf mixed up with a bird. Lupin confrontation with Sherlock and Aya's group was nice. Sherlock's plan of locking themselves up backfired on them.
Aug 10, 2023 8:40 AM
Mar 2020
Why is this show is absurdly hilarious but managed to keep things intense.
Aug 10, 2023 11:56 AM
Jul 2021
Great episode. I rarely saw Sherlock getting outsmarted in such epic fashion so I guess the show is irreverent enough to pull that.
Aug 10, 2023 3:13 PM

Feb 2023
I'm not sure how Lupin has some superhuman fighting ability, most of the other characters are ordinary humans. Like Holmes, Fogg , Lestrade etc. He is just a very clever man in his original literature.
Aug 10, 2023 3:55 PM

May 2018
Animillion said:

Seems like he was tricking Lupin into making him think that's he is weaker than him.
Aug 10, 2023 9:03 PM

Dec 2019
what is the meaning of Farce in that anime? Does it have the same meaning as Joke or not? (Just want to be sure)
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Aug 10, 2023 9:50 PM

Jan 2020
Sene0 said:
Animillion said:

Seems like he was tricking Lupin into making him think that's he is weaker than him.

I guess so. He destroyed that vampire and other monsters easily, so losing to Lupin like that seemed so out of place
Aug 11, 2023 1:01 AM

May 2019
Another good episode ending with another cliffhanger. I gotta say that Lupin's plan to flood the room was clever, moreso than Sherlock's plan to lock themselves in. I do wonder if the people inside the safe will be ok and not drown...

Also, I'm thinking that Lupin will come in from the vent after all and will steal the treasure. After that perhaps Tsugaro will fight Lupin for real and/or the two characters that want all monsters eradicated.
Aug 11, 2023 4:53 AM

Nov 2013
Uff... Now shooting the locks seems like a dumb idea; now you can't even get away and drown. IMO it was dumb to begin with. Did they expect Lupin/Phantom would enter from main gate and do some "anime-logic" 1or2vsAll fist-fight to take the diamond?
Aug 11, 2023 9:39 AM

Dec 2017
Once again the episode went by so fast. Another week of wait.

Sherlock Holmes needs to watch more suspense movies. It's a basic multi-universal knowledge that if way to get out of somewhere is above you, water will be somehow filling in to make you drown, no matter what planet/universe you are in.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

164 by AP24 »»
Oct 7, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

101 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Sep 7, 6:53 PM

» RETURN OF A LEGEND!!! (No, not a new season, calm down LMAO)

WhispyMoon - Aug 21

16 by WhispyMoon »»
Aug 22, 1:21 PM

» Why does the ED song feel so nostalgic?

Oreki_Houtaro24 - Aug 8

4 by Madmaster_X »»
Aug 10, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

65 by Ranxomare »»
Jul 9, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.