Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, a villainess appears! Tbh, it's about time we get some real drama and this episode served as a test against Raeliana and her own plans.

Emotions were running hig this episode but this was an episode for Raeliana to break out her personality more. Vivian definitely seemed like a girl not easy to mess with, or at least the type that stirs up drama. 
May 1, 2023 6:19 AM

Apr 2022
nick was pretty hilarious up against vivian. the sneeze lmao. vivan got the same eyes as the duke though.
where is raeliana off to now? even she doesn't know.
May 1, 2023 6:25 AM

Jul 2017
The day of the royal ball, and both Duke Noah and Raeliana has eyes turned towards their way. Raeliana has suitors vying her for a dance, though it's Noah himself who brandishes her to the most elegant dance (despite the use of CGI), even though he's acting out of his wayward expressions with his signature smile. And as expected, the woman in question: the vixen that is Vivian Shamal, the most important character in the novel being the villainess that gets in the way of the Duke's marriage.

As part of the contract, Raeliana has to deal with Vivian...or rather the wife of Marquess Eriteal, Freeze herself, helping him to get an invitation towards the group of high society noble wives. The person that Raeliana wanted to avoid: Vivian, while dealing with the somewhat hard to convince Freeze, and Raeliana's not going to back down from a mental fight of traditional vs. modern values. Nick comes in and adds fuel to the fire, clearing mocking her and creating a distraction for the alone time between Raeliana and Freeze. The issues don't end with Noah's knight guards under Adam, but except for the one guard of Dame Ansley that has the approval since she is a female. Seeking Freeze for the invitation after being sympathetic with her situation, it's an easy process.

But a deliberate smokescreen that has Raeliana transported out of the ball, there can only be one person behind this attack...or is there somebody else?
May 1, 2023 7:20 AM
Feb 2022
Nice show me Like it
May 1, 2023 8:32 AM

Dec 2022
the bad dance cg i tried to overlook it but i couldn't
anyways raeliana got kidnapped while completing a side quest
May 1, 2023 8:46 AM
Mar 2015
Oh no our Pauline is in peril again
May 1, 2023 9:07 AM
May 2019
I'm so happy to see my favourite scenes from manhwa In anime. it's like a dream come true. dance scene was perfect. I loved it so much ♡ can't wait for the next episode. 😍 I hope Monday will come soon 🥹
May 1, 2023 10:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
We need Raeliana to get kidnapped, so let's

a. Have her send Adam and the other male guards away instead of having them simply stand outside the door to the room
b. Have Adam actually obey her orders (character... development? Has he grown SO fond of her that he's willing to disobey the DUKE's orders in favour of Raeliana's?)

It's okay for her to get kidnapped, it adds something interesting to the story after all. It's just the things that lead to her kidnapping and how it may have been easily avoided is not quite okay. Anyway, I just hope this isn't THAT kind of manwha and that no one does anything naughty to Raeliana; that guy in the wagon with her had a slightly-devious smile on his face.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 1, 2023 10:18 AM

Dec 2020
Realiana and vivian are not gonna be friends that’s for sure, nick has this sneezer.
Oh and she got kidnapped at the end whats gonna happen now will duke make a move.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 1, 2023 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
I've come to really like shoujos, but this... is decidedly a bit too much for me. The wine glass-sipping ballroom court gossip dynamics and shenanigans in this are just too much for me, I fear...

I just don't feel very connected to any one character in this at all still. 'Tis a drop, unfortunately.
May 1, 2023 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
I love how well raeliana handles tricky social situations. That’s been one of my favourite parts of this series so far. Instead of getting depressed when Vivian tried to punk her out, she came right back at her with some heat lol

My issues with this episode would be the god awful cgi duding the dance and then the horrible logic of sending all the nights away besides 1, when you know you’re a potential target after the engagement annulment with the other guy… and then you get kidnapped *surprised pikachu face*

Noah’s “don’t leave my side for more than 5 minutes” line is probably going to end up as the thing that saves her
Marinate1016May 1, 2023 10:33 AM
May 1, 2023 11:15 AM
Oct 2010
And we arrive at the obligatory Damsel in Distress sequence of the series. 

Normally I'm ambivalent on the event, but this one... I mean, they not only set off a smokebomb without anyone noticing/reporting it, but they manage to bundle an unconscious woman out of the venue, into a cart, and out onto the road... from a venue packed to the rafters with high nobles which would suggest security of a higher-than-usual level.

What, were they being protected by the Keystone Kops?
May 1, 2023 1:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s ball time once again, lots of good moments throughout. We met Vivian who was apparently the villainess in the novel, I guess that means our MC would be her if this was a villainess centric one lol. And the dance scene was pretty nice overall, the CGI background dancers looked kinda odd but I was happy to see Raeliana and Noah’s dance fully animated, and I thought it was hilarious how Raeliana tried something there by stepping on Noah’s foot but then he goes and turns the suaveness up to 11 by ending the dance while holding her in his arms lol.

And after being saved my Nick from Vivian with a verbal throwdown, Raeliana finally gets alone to try and become part of that noble wives’ group but is interrupted by being captured, I guess just having Ansley as a guard wasn’t enough lol, now the question is who her captors are and what they want with her. As bad as it seems rn, whoever the captors are will probably face the ultimate wrath from Noah and his guards, at least I hope so lol.
May 1, 2023 2:10 PM

Jun 2009
Raeliana is my kinda character.  She knows how to handle business...well with the exception of being kidnapped lol

May 1, 2023 6:19 PM
Jul 2019
I thought that the appearance of the villain would make her seem more charismatic, simply by comparing their attitudes. In the end, the two managed to level the debate at such a low level, that the two were looking like "bad girls" (translation used in the Brazilian caption). I ended up with pity is the lady next to these two. 😁 And since Raeliana has yet to capture my empathy, I don't care what's happening to her. It is a script error not being able to involve me in to the drama, and the "reader" (me) not having sympathy for the protagonist. She cannot captivate me, because she is ungrateful. She used the duke as she pleased, as a pawn, and cannot bear the weight of her actions, being aggressive towards the person who helped her avoid her own death.
May 1, 2023 6:25 PM

Oct 2022
The psychological warfare is actually good lmao. Funny to watch play out as well.
May 1, 2023 6:58 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Knight Ansley just became one of my favorite chars on this show atm lol. I thought she would have some sort of hidden feelings for Noah or something tho it seems she's just a loyal knight.
May 1, 2023 7:05 PM

Dec 2013
Nick is great every time he is on the screen, he was a riot against Vivian.
May 1, 2023 7:31 PM
May 2020
It was nice to finally see some banter between the two. Although, the ending was an illegal cliff hanger! Ready for the next episode. The animation is questionable. The CGI was very interesting... Great plot though.
May 1, 2023 7:34 PM

Feb 2021
Nick truly is the best character on this show...
May 1, 2023 10:36 PM
May 2017
Mc is great, i loved when she was talking her shit back to Vivian😂then Nick tags in to shit on her some more. That's HOF level hating right there, I love it.

The end though, they got caught lacking like that? Some guard that chick was
May 2, 2023 12:59 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
The animation this week took the weirdest turn -- even though I didn't exactly have the highest expectations for the series in general. (The back shot scene of Raeliana talking in the rest room -- gave CSM memes a run for their money with the mouthless mouth).

That aside, the tea spicens. I feel like they chose the perfect voice actor for Raeliana-- because she really had the EXACT energy as manga version. She's already giving OP as hell having tackled Noah's first task so easily. Nick and her comebacks made me wish I had my popcorn.
May 2, 2023 1:50 AM
Sep 2021
Everything in the party was managed well by Raeliana until she gets kidnapped by a mysterious person.
May 2, 2023 2:26 AM

Oct 2022
Can't help but enjoy banter between female highborn rivals. Usually in this sort of genre, most physical fighting is left to the men, so the ladies fight their battles with words and wits. Raeliana did well, though Nick proved a valuable ally in more than one way.
May 2, 2023 3:09 AM

Mar 2011
WHAT? WHY? Sorry I kind of let my guard down here and didn't see this one coming (that someone would kidnap Realiana and even her calling for Noah). I wonder if it's her former fiance or another character we were not introduced to yet and who wants to harm Noah by kidnapping his fiance.

A very interesting episode and I catch myself getting more and more captured by this story <3. Just one very small complaint... Or maybe I'm the only one but the animation for the dancing scene felt a little off to me. But other than this I loved it ♥

Oh yeah, and I absolutely loved Realiana's fierce battle with Vivian (it's strange Vivian's name is similar to one of my characters ^^ :D).
Wildflower3May 2, 2023 3:14 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 2, 2023 8:51 AM
Feb 2023
I enjoyed this week's episode! 
I always enjoy when characters have a battle of wits or do the whole 'say one thing while meaning another'. I think this episode shows more of the budget constraints (including the CG background dancers) and I wonder if they would have been better off doing the Rose of Versailles route of having Noah and Raeliana dance against a sparkly/coloured background. But I can also understand if the director decided not to to that in a bid to be more accurate to the manhwa or not wanting to hide behind such an old-school trick.
I have less issue than others that Raeliana sent most of the guards away. I've always viewed it as a calculated bid on her part of gaining trust with Pryse while also keeping in line with Noah's orders. I feel like it would be far more insulting to Raeliana's character if she had sent *all* the guards away. Because at this point she's shown herself to be reasonably aware of her surroundings and of most social cues. She's not a complete master of the social circles she's found herself in, but she does her best to read the room. Raeliana understands that she has a part to play and as she gets more experience under her belt, she's less likely to fall into these kind of scenarios. 
May 2, 2023 12:33 PM
Mar 2023
It was humiliating her or not being humiliated by her.
May 2, 2023 1:42 PM
Jan 2017
I was definitely following this anime. But episode four really grabbed me.
Now that Raeliana and Noah have a "working" relationship, politics and social combat are taking the stage. And who kidnapped our girl? I'll just have to stick & stay.
May 2, 2023 4:12 PM
Aug 2016
OMGGGG WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!?!?!??!?!
May 2, 2023 5:17 PM

Nov 2022
She really does act rather clueless for someone who's read the novel. Doesn't know the person next to Vivian Shamal, doesn't have a clue who could be watching her or expects others to be after her since the engagement plan failed, doesn't know the names of the Duke's guards, didn't know about Nick.
May 2, 2023 7:25 PM
Jul 2010
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel as though Raeliana comes off as a brat sometimes. She’s the one who approached Noah and is getting a good deal but she acts like she is being held at gun point and acts petty. I get the whole idea of making their banter and behaviors so they seem to pair well, but I feel as though they could do it in a different way. I found Raeliana pretty annoying at the beginning. 
I read the manhwa but it was forever ago so I could be totally off, but I feel as though the manhwa was more comical than the show. To me the show comes off as more drama and takes itself too seriously in comparison to the manhwa. 
Also why spend so much time on the frigging CGI ballroom dance. It felt like a waste.
Not a big fan of this adaptation so far. And like I said, although it’s been a while since I read the manhwa, I remember really enjoying it. 
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?
May 3, 2023 3:28 AM

Feb 2015
It took me awhile to figure out what was a miss about this series for me so far, but I feel like I've finally figured it out. I read the whole manhwa after watching the first episode cause I was so hooked, but even though I am still enjoying the adaptation, there is just some things that didn't translate so well when changing the format of the story. For one in the manhwa the comedic timing just worked better and some jokes on the manhwa don't even feel like jokes when animated here. It just feels so much more serious than the manhwa, which seemed to be quite tongue in cheek fun.

And secondly Raeliana's inner monologue makes many scenes feel sort of clunky to me. Like her banter with Vivian. I didn't really pay too much attention to it while reading it, but in the scene here I felt like the inner monologue was there just to dumb down what was said right before. Like there is no trust that the audience can figure out that Vivian was insulting her in different ways. It just interrupted the flow of the conversation completely. I know that's how it is in the original material but I feel like they could leave some of the inner monologue without the scenes losing anything.

Overall I am still enjoying this show for what it is, but it could be so much better and that just makes me a bit sad. I'd say if there is people who like the premise of this story but just can't get into the anime, to give the manhwa a shot as this story works a lot better in its original format.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

May 3, 2023 6:54 PM

Oct 2022
Curious that they're going through the effort of taking her away and not just killing her. They just killed her before, so what value do they think she has now that she didn't before.

May 4, 2023 12:30 AM

Mar 2008
Nick's antics against Vivian gave me a little laugh.

Tsinelas said:
Curious that they're going through the effort of taking her away and not just killing her. They just killed her before, so what value do they think she has now that she didn't before.

For ransom?
May 4, 2023 11:06 AM
Jun 2021
Nick easily the best character & waifu of the show
May 4, 2023 12:24 PM

Jun 2019
Nah... is that her ex who kidnapped her. Fucking idiot. Everything was going so smoothly. Looks like someone will have to rescue her. Vivian is beautiful but her personality sure isn't.
May 4, 2023 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
Refreshing for the villainess to actually be one in this kind of show. Was worried it'd turn out she was a good person trying to protect people from Noah's bad personality. Next episode seems fairly predictable. It's the ex, Noah saves her, she develops some feelings for him.
May 4, 2023 7:20 PM

Dec 2022
Raelina probably has triggered her death flag to happen sooner. It's great to turn to someone high-powered but that also made you a sensitive target.
May 5, 2023 7:55 AM
Aug 2022
bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who the damn kidnapper? My guy Noah pls rescue her!
May 6, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2022
Vivian was taken down a peg easily by Nick. It was either she had some qualms about clashing with men or Nick was so powerful.
UndefeatedBahamut
May 6, 2023 12:52 PM

May 2018
Well, I like the episode, overall enjoying the series even considering production is wacky. Anyway, cliffhanger, after the anime I think I'll just jump to the Manhwa, because surely this won't adapt everything and I doubt there will be another season.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 6, 2023 6:57 PM

Nov 2022
Nick is an absolute expert when it comes to comebacks and word fights. He got that red head pinned down lol. Love his relationship with Raeliana.
May 7, 2023 7:19 PM

Oct 2022
Noah’s charm is killing me. He gets the ladies without even trying lol even Raeliana fell for him for s slight second.

I have to admit the ending caught me off guard . Definitely didn’t expect Raeliana to get kidnapped and I wonder how Noah and Sir Taylor will react and what will they do!!

May 8, 2023 7:43 AM

Dec 2022
"Those of the older generation" was such a critical hit to Vivian, I need to take a few lessons from Raeliana on how to deliver thinly veiled emotional blows like that lmao.

May 22, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2023
animation is partly super low quality but I loved the manhwa and so I will like this anime too, just feels bad to see the really bad 3D assets on a full scene so that they really pop up ...
May 29, 2023 12:08 AM

Dec 2022
Man, Raeliana not so discretely calling Vivian old already felt like a win, but Nick joining afterwards, even if she's the villain, what a treatment she got, the poor girl lmao.
Jun 27, 2023 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
Shoutout to Nick, true mvp for saving Raeli from that sly fox

Apr 26, 5:24 AM

Nov 2017
There we go, a kidnapping!
Apr 30, 3:37 PM

Aug 2019
oops we've gotten kidnapped

our vixen sure is beautiful even if that red hair / yellow dress combo makes her look like ketchup and mustard at the side of my plate.

HiljainenSipuliApr 30, 3:40 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
But up until this point I decided that this anime worth atleast 8/10

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

80 by MeguriRapture »»
Oct 12, 8:42 PM

» more anime/manga/manwha like this?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

22 by Kalidechicle »»
Oct 12, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

96 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

61 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

51 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.